2009 Nissan Xterra

Based on 474 Ratings for the 2005 - 2015 models.

Love my Xbox

By on Monday, February 18, 2013

"Ordered this one new to get the manual transmission. This is a great SUV. Taken it everywhere, on road and off road, completely stock no modifications and it does great. Only in shop for maintenance never any problems or issues."

Off-road Ninja Hauler

By on Thursday, February 10, 2011

"The 2006 model Xterra won Car and Driver's SUV of the year, and for a reason! In stock form this is a very capable Off-road SUV. Get the Off-road package with rear locker, and 4X4 and it's near impossible to get stuck. What really sets the Xterra apart is it's overall versatility. The Wranger is better off-road, but not by a large amount. The Xterra is probably the 2nd best off-road vehicle (in stock form). Now let's compare them on-road. Both vehicles are more utilitarian in nature, but the Xterra is a much more civilized and comfortable on pavement. I've put over 60k miles on mine, and do not regret my decision. So that you know I'm not blind fan boy, here are the cons: 1. Cheap plastic interior (can stratch easy) 2. Rear seats entry/exit is tight. 3. Ride is trucklike 4. Gas milage suffers with 4X4 and big tires Pros: 1. Impressive turning radius 2. Plenty of power 3. Plenty of technology (Traction Control, HIll descent assist, incline brake release, active braking limited slip, electronic rear locker) 4. Off-road capability, civilized in town."

I LOVE THIS CAR

By on Friday, July 13, 2012

"is the best car i ever buy used ."

great truck

By on Monday, April 02, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive,great gas milage,and very versatle"

Cons: "wish i got higher tirm pkg,"

"i have owned nissans for last 12 years,the all have been great vehicles,this is my 2nd xterra,the first being a 2001,great on gas,no problems,plan on passing it down to my daughter once she starts driving.prob. will be another xterra too,but with a higher trim pkg,it is a great go anywhere truck and lots of room for all your gear you want to take."

Solid, powerful, fun, reliable

By on Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Cons: "gas mileage in this tough economy..18-20 mpg"

"We LOVE this car; always feel safe in here! It gets us where we want to go in all weather-in the mountains, gravel driveways mucky or snowy- shift into the 4-wheel drive mode and we get where we want to go! We even pulled a mail truck out of a ditch in the winter! Cargo space is outstanding! Short on cup holders in the back seat w/3 people back there; height from the ground makes it difficult for some of our older friends/relatives to get in and out, but ground clearance makes this car one of the best for rough terrain."

I Love This Car

By on Sunday, October 31, 2010

"I have an 05 with almost 100K miles and it still looks and drive likes new. No major repairs needed minus 30K, 60K, 90K scheduled stuff. I pretty much plan on owning this car forever. Would recommend to anyone. Only complaint, the back seat is hard to get in and out of due to the rear wheel well."

I love my Xterra!

By on Thursday, March 29, 2012

"My Xterra is tough enough for back woods adventures, and slick enough for the city. It plows through mud holes and slides in easily at parallel parking. It has storage everywhere, so no matter what my adventure is, I know I'm covered. I could go on...this thing rocks. I used to name my cars...but this one is unable to be named. ...it is the most interesting SUV in the world. :)"

Xterra # 2

By on Sunday, September 19, 2010

"Drove my 2004 110,000 miles without any problems. Purchased the 2008 and 93,000 miles later It's still the best vehicle that i have ever purchased."

Great Adventure vehicle

By on Saturday, August 28, 2010

"Our 2010 Nissan Xterra Off road 6speed MT is our second Xterra. We used to have a 2002 4x2 and used it to go everywhere going semi-off road when traction allowed. Now that we have a 4x4 Off Road trim, We've already taken it to Hollister Off road park, The Lost Coast USAL beach, and other adventures. Ive had no complaints with this vehicle. I guess the people who buy this vehicle should expect what they are buying. Its a Truck Chassis 4X4 that has no frills interior and awsome off road capability right out of the box. It is what it is. Nothing more nothing less. Real SUV 4x4's started this way and they just got more and more bloat and fat. Just what I wanted in a adventure vehicle."

Best Vehicle of Choice

By on Saturday, June 26, 2010

"I bought a 2007 X, S new off the lot with no miles. For the most part i have enjoyed this suv, lets be real it has power, its sharp looking and even though i replaced the factory tires with toyo's almost a month after i bought it, it rides great the MPG went from 19 to 24 on the hiway after i changed tires and stayed with the 100% gas and no eth. i have pulled our 22ft ski b. with no prob. its has yet to fail me when i needed it . I have took it all over, it has enough room for all my gear and then a little more with the roof rack. I now have just over 80,000 and no major repairs not even brake pads. I like to keep it maint. My two year old has smeared and colored all over the seats, windows, plastics, arm rest, and they clean up easy, but a little hard to stay in after a long trip( stretch your legs every time u get the chance if u have to stay in the back seat) the city ride is not bad compared to other suv's with the same off road capabilities... its stiff for a reason try towing and breaking with a large trailer behind a jeep...good luck, the x has held up so far everything i put it through i have yet to find a reason to trade up yet, but a note to the readers if u CAN stay with 100% gas it makes a huge dif. in MPG and its makes the fuel sender work. Drive on Friends because u can in a x"

Great Truck

By on Friday, June 04, 2010

"This is a Great Truck and Great Value. It's a truck not a tall station wagon. I like the solid truck ride. I averaged 21.8 MPG on a 400 mile trip (90% highway). Great cargo room. Lots of storage space."

Great SUV for a 20 Something

By on Friday, December 28, 2007

"I love this truck. I get about 16 MPG in the city, and 21 MPG on the interstate and it has all the power you'll ever need on the highway. I took the truck off-road once and in 4WD low, there was plenty of torque to get through the mud. The rear seat is not passenger friendly ( and per some other reviews) doesn't accomodate a child safetly seat, but there's plenty of cargo space. In short, great truck for one or two."

Sweet Ride

By on Thursday, July 12, 2007

"I got this vehicle because I liked the old Xterra but didn't like the engine choices and the rear drums amongst other things. When this one came out they had fixed everything that I saw wrong with the old model so I just had to get one. So far I have had it for a year and a half and nothing has gone wrong with it and it does great off-road and on. My only complaint is with the BFG Rugged Trail tires. I upgraded to BFG All-Terrain tires and have never looked back. Great stopping power and acceleration, along with decent gas mileage for the size of the car. I would recommend that anyone buy this car as I couldn't have picked a better car to suit me."

The Unapologetically Utilitarian SUV

By on Thursday, January 28, 2016

Pros: "ENGINE (power), rugged, simple, reliable, utility"

Cons: "ENGINE (economy), int. plastic scratches easily"

2015 Pro-4X with 6-spd manual. One of my all-time favorite vehicles owned.

"No, it isn't a Chrysler Wrangler; trust me, that's a good thing. No, it isn't a Rogue, either. Or an Outlander. Or anything else that uses electronic proxies to replicate actual 4WD capabilities so soccer moms can gum up the left lane when it snows. Look, it's hard (tough), angular (distinct), unyielding (solid), and even dated (proven). The engine sucks down fuel like a riding lawn mower, but it also shoves all 4,300 lbs down the pavement faster than some "sporty" cars manage (to 60 in 7 seconds), hauls 5,000 lbs, and sounds pretty sweet under acceleration. And it's available (like mine) in a 6-spd manual. Did you hear that? AN SUV WITH A MANUAL TRANSMISSION. Gotta love that. We've taken it on vacation with lots of highway miles, and while comfortable enough, it never lets you forget it's a body-on-frame SUV. I have the 2015 Pro-4X so it has JUST enough creature comforts to keep me happy, but it's honestly what I call "my analog SUV in a digital world." And that's why I like it so much. Instead of trying to please the lowest common denominator of focus groups, the Xterra is meant for a narrow audience that DOES things, GOES places, and NEEDS a more rugged vehicle than most. My dog vomited in the back of mine Week 1, and I drug a hose into the back seat and sprayed out the cargo area. Done and done. I like the Ford Explorer just fine, but I'd have been looking at a $75 detailing to clean that same mess up. So if you want a REAL SUV--and all that means--definitely look at the Xterra. If you want a road-focused crossover with a traction-control dial, this ain't it."

2015 Pro-4X with 6-spd manual. One of my all-time favorite vehicles owned.

Reliability defined!

By on Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Pros: "Dependable, reliable, smooth ride, handles well"

Cons: "mpg sucks"

"Great, dependable car. 17 mpg is the only reason it is a 9 instead of a 10 across the board."

Solid SUV, fun to drive

By on Sunday, February 16, 2014

Pros: "Sporty and agile, fun to drive"

Cons: "Arm rests would be nice"

"I bought this new in 2008. I just got back from a 6000 mile cross country drive. It handled dirt, ice, snow, slush and cruised comfortably across 17 states. A good off roader in its stock form. Its a bit small to sleep in comfortably for me. Heading east I got a high of 24 mpg thanks to a pretty constant tail wind. Usually get about 20 on the freeway. It now has about 45,000 miles and hasn't had any recalls or problems. The Vehicle Dynamic Control saved me a couple times. Once when I had to swerve around a parked truck on the freeway doing 60mph. Another time when I was hit on the rear passenger door doing about 50. The only thing my S model lacks is outdoor temp gauge and a compass built into the review mirror and a 6 CD changer. All things that could be added but my previous Ford SUVs had those features and I do like them. They are probably available on the SE and offroad model. I never thought I would keep her this long but I still like the body style, the power and handling. I've only done oil changes, tire rotations and had the coolant system flushed. Brakes are still good. This is my first Nissan or import for what its worth, it was built in Tennessee."

Excellent! Fun to drive

By on Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Pros: "Go anywhere through anything. Fun to drive. Good s"

Cons: "Gas mileage..."

"A fun personality! We are having an awful winter-bitter cold and then feet of snow. This truck goes through it all. My only issue is that MPG is bad... I love it and would buy a second one."

We got a steal!

By on Monday, May 14, 2012

Pros: "comfort, style, cargo, and flexiblity to lifestyle"

Cons: "Sound system, no power mirrors on "X". I have "S""

"Value is a higher rating then most since we got well under the invoice price on the Xterra S model. Nissan has always been a reliable brand for the last three vehicle my family has owned. The qulaity of the vehicle exceeds my standards. I do not want a fancy SUV, I want one I can get dirty on the weekend and be nice during the week. Driving dynamics, great pick up and handling, the highway driving is impressive, you can hear everyone speak inside the car while on the highway. Interior, the sounds system could be better, but no problem here since my last sound system was really bad. Exterior, the compartment on the roof is nice and so is the space under the trunk. It is very comforable, I could take it on a long road trip and hitting bumps in the road are barely felt. IT IS A GREAT NEW VECHICLE!"

Never Felt Safer!

By on Monday, April 02, 2012

Pros: "safe,comfortable,roomy,good on all terrains"

Cons: "city miles per gallon aren't awesome"

"I have driven MANY cars and I have never felt more safe in a car then when I drive my 2007 Xterra. I have never had any major issues with this this car. I can drive in the snow/rain/ice and never feel like the roads are too dangerous. The truck is stable in all conditions and I would highly recommend this car to anyone looking for an SUV. It doesn't have the best gas mileage for city/suburban drivers..but if that is the only down fall on this truck(and i think it is) then it is absolutely worth buying!!!<3 this truck!"

Best Vehicle Ever

By on Friday, January 27, 2012

Pros: "Everything you could want in a vehicle."

Cons: "Back seat not as comfortable as front."

"I'm 58, and I've owned several used cars when I was younger and 4 new vehicles in the past 20 years. This Nissan Xterra is by far the best vehicle I've ever owned. In fact, it's superior to any of my friends' vehicles. I've never done anything but change the oil and tires and new brake pads on the back wheels, and there were 2 minor recalls from Nissan, both of which were handled easily and without charge. I had previously thought Toyota was the best quality vehicle (I've owned a Celica and a Camry), but by far this Nissan has been the most reliable and all-around vehicle. With the 4-wheel drive, I've been able to keep going in snow and ice and to help others who were stranded. It has 150,000 miles on it and I plan to keep it as long as possible. I've never been so completely confident with a vehicle."

Great Off Raod vehicle

By on Monday, January 02, 2012

"This vehicle does not get stuck ANYWHERE. It will pull Jeeps, Hummers and trucks out of the mud with ease."

Great veichle

By on Friday, December 09, 2011

Pros: "off-road toy, stock, many options.. fun to drive"

Cons: "no veichle is perfect.."

"Dependable, great on gas for a big 6 cylinder. Power is there aswell as looks. Could use softer shocks (if your the winer type). Fits 5 people comfortably.. leg room is good. The rear could always be used as a bed for two..(who said you need a 200000 dollar house on wheels)."

Love my XTerra!

By on Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Pros: "Great price, smooth ride"

"Have not had any problems with this vehicle. Drives very smooth and I have had sooo many compliments on it!"

just what I expected from Nissan

By on Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Pros: "Much more ready muscle than I expected"

Cons: "MPG would be a dissapointment if I was a worker B"

"I've been driving an Infinity I-30 for 10 years and decided that since I am now retired I wanted to have some fun. I live on a canal near the beach, have a boat, own some other goodies which this model is very adaptive to. We have been "buying and holding" Nissans, Infinity, and Datsuns since the early 70s. With few exceptions I have never had a negative experience with these machines. They deliver what you expect for the money and more with dependability as my highest priority. They keep getting better looking year by year too."

Love my truck!

By on Thursday, September 08, 2011

Pros: "All around perfect SUV."

"I purchased new in 08', Xterra S. 2WD, and 6 speed manual. I average 22mpg running the ac or not, this truck will go through the winters in NC with ease. No mechanical problems, only servicing and the stock tires went over 60,000 ! I have been more satisfied with this vehicle than any other I've owned in over 25 years of driving. It appears to hold its residual value very well, only $4500 less value than the purchase price after 3 years of ownership!"