2008 Nissan Xterra

Based on 476 Ratings for the 2005 - 2015 models.

Best Vehicle Ever

By on Friday, January 27, 2012

Pros: "Everything you could want in a vehicle."

Cons: "Back seat not as comfortable as front."

"I'm 58, and I've owned several used cars when I was younger and 4 new vehicles in the past 20 years. This Nissan Xterra is by far the best vehicle I've ever owned. In fact, it's superior to any of my friends' vehicles. I've never done anything but change the oil and tires and new brake pads on the back wheels, and there were 2 minor recalls from Nissan, both of which were handled easily and without charge. I had previously thought Toyota was the best quality vehicle (I've owned a Celica and a Camry), but by far this Nissan has been the most reliable and all-around vehicle. With the 4-wheel drive, I've been able to keep going in snow and ice and to help others who were stranded. It has 150,000 miles on it and I plan to keep it as long as possible. I've never been so completely confident with a vehicle."

Great Off Raod vehicle

By on Monday, January 2, 2012

"This vehicle does not get stuck ANYWHERE. It will pull Jeeps, Hummers and trucks out of the mud with ease."

Great veichle

By on Friday, December 9, 2011

Pros: "off-road toy, stock, many options.. fun to drive"

Cons: "no veichle is perfect.."

"Dependable, great on gas for a big 6 cylinder. Power is there aswell as looks. Could use softer shocks (if your the winer type). Fits 5 people comfortably.. leg room is good. The rear could always be used as a bed for two..(who said you need a 200000 dollar house on wheels)."

Love my XTerra!

By on Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Pros: "Great price, smooth ride"

"Have not had any problems with this vehicle. Drives very smooth and I have had sooo many compliments on it!"

just what I expected from Nissan

By on Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Pros: "Much more ready muscle than I expected"

Cons: "MPG would be a dissapointment if I was a worker B"

"I've been driving an Infinity I-30 for 10 years and decided that since I am now retired I wanted to have some fun. I live on a canal near the beach, have a boat, own some other goodies which this model is very adaptive to. We have been "buying and holding" Nissans, Infinity, and Datsuns since the early 70s. With few exceptions I have never had a negative experience with these machines. They deliver what you expect for the money and more with dependability as my highest priority. They keep getting better looking year by year too."

Love my truck!

By on Thursday, September 8, 2011

Pros: "All around perfect SUV."

"I purchased new in 08', Xterra S. 2WD, and 6 speed manual. I average 22mpg running the ac or not, this truck will go through the winters in NC with ease. No mechanical problems, only servicing and the stock tires went over 60,000 ! I have been more satisfied with this vehicle than any other I've owned in over 25 years of driving. It appears to hold its residual value very well, only $4500 less value than the purchase price after 3 years of ownership!"

I Love This Truck

By on Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Pros: "Tons of fun to drive."

Cons: "The famous "milkshake of death""

"I have owned my Xterra for over a year and I love it. The truck rides smooth, and handles great both on road and off road. We put over 20,000 miles on it in the first year vacation and family trips. And heading up north for Christmas with no worries because the 4 wheel drive on this truck will get you there. There are some minor problems with the design, but with a little research and elbow grease you can remedy these problems and have an eXcellent truck. The first problem is the auto transmission/radiator "milkshake of death" where the auto trany fluid eats the bottom of the rad out mixing the fluid and blowing the transmission. This can be fixed by doing a radiator by-pass. There is a extra stock trany cooler on the truck so there are no ill effects. The second problem is if you tow a lot the rear springs can wear out. All you have to do is get some after market springs bolt them on and you are good to go. Still with it's flaws I will buy another Xterra, even looking for one for my wife."

Better than Advertised!!

By on Tuesday, February 8, 2011

"Yes, it's not the best on gas, but still better than others. I have a 2007 Off Road. I get 18.2mpg highway and City I get 17.1 mpg, even when on the farm putting it through the ringer I average 15.4 mpg. This vehicle is exactly as advertised, rugged, drives like a truck, takes a beating, haul your kids, dogs, mud covered bikes and cleans up ready for the highway or a nice day on the mountain. If you buy this vehicle expecting something other then a rugged SUV built to get you there, no matter what situation, than go buy something else. It's not luxury, nor is it advertised as such, so the reviews talking about quality and looking at an X5 or MDX, please, look at the what vehicle is made for and compare it to it's equals. This vehicle is the best vehicle I have owned, hands down, not a bad list: 2010 BMW 135i, 2009 C350, 2004 350ZR, 2007 Nissan Maxima, 2001 Toyota Echo, 1995 Ford F150. Looking to buying a replacement 2011 or 2012 in 10 months...:)"

Puts the SPORT back in SUV

By on Thursday, January 27, 2011

"2005 Xterra Off Road 4x4 is quite possibly the most capable SUV that really means business no matter where the road leads you. Comfortable and quiet on the road, unstoppable when the pavement ends, and makes even part time off-roaders look like they know what they're doing. 90k miles on it and still running as well as the day it was new. Gets 20+ mpg on the highway and 17-18 in the city or on the trails. It's definitely tough, but comfortable... a rare combination. Not long on frills... it's like the ads used to say... everything you need... nothing you don't. When this needs to be replaced it will be with another X for sure... I just hope they still make them when that time comes!"

Reliable

By on Saturday, January 15, 2011

"This is a very reliable car! I have owned it for 3 years. I bought it used. I have only done the normal matenience, oil changes, and brakes. It is a great ride on the interstate, but bumpy on rough roads. A truck ride. A little difficult to get in back seat. Not a great family car for that reason only. I would recommend this car!"