2007 Nissan Xterra

Based on 462 Ratings for the 2005 - 2015 models.

Best off-road I've owned

By on Wednesday, October 07, 2009

"I have shipped it to Greece(early 20060), and used it there for serious off-roading. It takes me to places where roads and goats are non-existent and brings me back safely, in style and securely. It does make heads turn and not only because the Xterra is not produced in Europe; in Greece, aside from mine(a 2005 SE model)I only met another one(2003 model) and it was like a long lost-relative reunion. On the highway, I take it up to 110 mi/hr(yes!)and it feels as if I'm doing only(!)85 mi/hr. Great for long hauls, or about town[not the Greek towns where streets/roads are suitable only for small(er)cars],with or without the family! Go get yourselves one!!!You won't be disappointed...on the contrary. Ans as for maintenance:I have 29,000 miles on it and only oil changes,air filter and some windshield wipers have been changed; and the windshield, broken by falling rocks on a mountain. P.S. My daughter owns a 2002 SE and she is just as happy with hers as I am with mine."

Awesome bang for the buck!

By on Monday, August 31, 2009

"I love my 2009 Xterra Off- Road. It was between this and the FJ but the FJ had too many blind spots, low drivers seating, felt flimsy and less power than the Xterra. I took my 09 Xtera to Oregon last year and it plowed over some deep snowed on roads in Portland like nothing. I love the power, interior styling and simplicity of only what you need. The Fosgate sound system is great and the bang for the buck factor can't be beat. Fyi, it rides like a truck...because it is so don't expect a Cadillac ride if you expect to off road it. With that said, it has good road manners and crisp steering. It's great and I love it. Only complaint; where is the outside temp. gauge???"

in love with my Xterra

By on Tuesday, May 26, 2009

"The only problem I have with my Xterra is the dealerships. (All Nissan Dealerships around my area are VERY RUDE) My Xterra is awsome! I have taken off road severaly times, never hit anything on the bottom! It has enough power to move the suv, and very comfy on road trips. every six months my family (myself, husband and two boys four and five years old) ride in this car easliy for 400 miles. The only thing with that is when my boys get bigger there is only little back seat room...We bought ours NEW!"

Wonderful

By on Sunday, April 05, 2009

"Best vehicle I've ever owned...would have another one and will once I drive this until it can't go anymore!"

2006 Xterra 4X4 review

By on Sunday, March 29, 2009

"Great beast for off-road duties. I patiently waited to sell off my 1996 Isuzu Trooper 4wd for the Nissan. It was worth the wait. I couldn't afford a new one at $27+K. Now I've acquired an '06 for $13K out the door, with 46K miles on it and plenty to go. It has a simple yet durable interior that is suited to me just fine. The off-road package wasn't equipped on this one, so I purchased the skid plates and installed them myself (easy bolt-on job). I've lifted it 4" (3" suspension/1" body) to clear 33" BFG K/O Mud tires. Fantastic off-road ability and the 4" of increased track from the BFG's has provided a very stable ride. The aftermarket suspension/body lift really made all the difference off-road, along with those great BFG's. My next mods will be front and rear air lockers and rocker panel sliders. She's been a good beast to me, with apx. 16mpg. Heck, my '96 Trooper got 16mpg with a 190HP engine and similar off-road abilities, so I'm not disappointed at all with the mpg's. Now's the time to buy the Xterra, and save yourself $17K over new. No need to buy new unless money is no object."

awesome truck

By on Monday, March 23, 2009

"I have always been a die-hard Chevy guy, but the new ones just were not comfortable for. So I shopped around and tried some of the other "suvs" - although I may not push my trucks that much, I still wanted to buy one that was based on a truck frame, had decent power, looked different than all the others on the road and would allow me to do some off roading and not have to worry about driving in the New England winters. The X was just about the only suv that really fit my requirements and I was sold as soon as I sat down and put my foot on the pedal! There is no stopping this thing. Gas mileage is no worse than other pickups or SUVs I've owned. Looks sharp driving down the road. 26,000 miles and only oil changes and a battery... Only 2 things I would change - 1: everything scratches too easily (paint as well as interior plastic), 2: if the back was just an inch or 2 longer I would be able to put full 6-foot long items in the back (tables, etc) in the back and still close the hatch (not that I do this too often). If they are still making the X when it's time to buy again I will be getting another - and we are so happy with Nissan that we just bought my wife one of their cars today without any second thoughts."

Great Sportsman Trcuk

By on Thursday, March 19, 2009

"I love this car because it allows me to enjoy all my out door activities and then some. Great for fishing, camping, cycling, and any outdoor lifestyle. We bought it to pull our boat and it does so much more. Definitely recommend it to any person with and active lifestyle."

2006 Xterra 2WD

By on Monday, January 26, 2009

"I've had my Xterra for 2 years and no mechanical problems so far. Mileage is terrible 12 city/18 hwy. Ride is stiff, but handling is great. I have 3 kids and it's a great vehicle for all their surf boards and boogie boards. Easy clean surfaces. The paint seems to scratch easily and I'm not happy about the resale, but I plan to keep it until it dies and I only have 13,000 on it now."

Great

By on Monday, October 13, 2008

"This car is so good for people who like 2 camp and do things outdoor. Only down side is gas but what do u expect to get with a suv. this is what i get 15.5/23"

USED BEST BET

By on Sunday, October 12, 2008

"I purchased this 2006 Xterra S used in June 06 after my pickup was involved in a crash. I needed something to tow my 3500lb boat and also give me a safe feeling on the road. This was my 3rd generation Xterra but first used(prior rental). The drivetrain is better than ever, fuel mileage with synthetic oil runs around 22-23 mpg. Towing my boat uphill is never a problem, the vehicle seats due give a little back ache on long trips, we are in late 50's. Would buy a fourth Xterra! Only repair in over 40000miles has been battery."

Fun truck

By on Friday, February 29, 2008

"Bought this '08 6 months ago. Very pleased with performance. Unlike most people I find the front seats very comfy. Not a lot of passenger leg space for my very tall husband. Stability in rain and snow (3 ft. this year so far) excellent. Not too many bells and whistles to worry about going bad. I believe a better value than my sis's Toyota 4-Runner. Great for camping and road tripping."

Ole Squeaky

By on Saturday, January 19, 2008

"2005 Xterra S Suspension is stiff and squeaks after a bit of ridge running, but Xterras hold their own 4-wheeling. I checked the VDC on an icey road, it works like a charm (took awhile to sort a skid out and turn it back on). If you are in a hurry, this truck is for you; but, it winds up loud. Gas mileage is poor (15 mpg hard driving) to good (19 mpg when light-footing it up to 63 mph). I can get 22+ running sustained 85mph on the highway (I can't figure why). Trust the warranty it is good."

Best Vehicle Ever

By on Sunday, January 06, 2008

"THIS IS MY FIRST SUV, I HAVE ENJOYED EVERY MINUTE OF THE XTERRA! I MOVED FROM TEXAS TO FLORIDA BACK TO TEXAS; HAD GREAT GAS MILEAGE ( 20.5). I HAVE FOUR DOGS THAT LOVE TO TAKE A RIDE IN MY XTERRA, PLENTY OF ROOM; ALSO EASY TO CLEAN,WHEN THEY GET MUDY FEET WITH THE NO CARPET IN THE BACK CARGO AREA. I FEEL VERY SAFE DRIVING IN MY XTERRA, WOULDN'T GET A SMALLER CAR!"

good if you don't have kids

By on Tuesday, December 04, 2007

"I bought this vehicle Dec 06 then found out I was pregnant in Jan. I was happy that I bought this vehicle til I went to install the car seat and sat in the back. There is hardly any leg room to get in and out of, plus installing a car seat was awful. The car seat says to put the carrying handle down but you can't because there isn't enough room from the front seats. Plus it has to be in the middle to have room to drive. We tried to put it behind the drivers seat and if we wanted to do that, the drivers seat had to be pushed way up and I can't drive that way. I am really disappointed because my friend has one that is a 2003 and her back seat has plenty of room. I don't know why the makers would change it that much. I didn't think about sitting in the back seat before I bought it, but now I know!!"

Great SUV

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2007

"This SUV comes highly recommended and is my second Xterra I have owned. It will hold its value for future trade-in or when it't time to sell. The only drawback is the gas mileage, being an SUV has something to do with that."

awesome fun to drive

By on Sunday, April 27, 2014

Pros: "Great Price- great looks- fun to drive"

"Second xterra that I have owned! Love the size and the way it handles. Very dependable and just what I needed. Controls are basic but I did not want a BMW that is why I went back to my 4WD Xterra. If you want a dependable suv with good looks and all the power you need. I highly recommend !!"

Built solid

By on Thursday, April 24, 2014

Pros: "Tough"

Cons: "Steering wheel controls and fuel mileage"

"Love this truck. Handles week, feels tight, excellent sound system, safe and reliable."

Best vehicle ever owned.

By on Tuesday, April 15, 2014

"Perfect for hauling dogs, dirt, and gear. Mileage (worst 16.5, best 24(!had to check twice!) on a road trip, flat across CO/NE/IA/MN, with a tailwind. Usually around 18.5 in mixed driving. Have the Pro-4X because of the options. Great truck. I'm a "25000 and trade it" guy, have 50,000 on this one and will be keeping it for a long time."

Handles like a champ in all terrains and weather.

By on Sunday, April 13, 2014

Pros: "Handles well in all weather conditions."

Cons: "Needs some work done at about 60k miles"

"This is our second Xterra, and we have been very happy with both of them. We take it over the mountain pass several times per year, and never hesitate to tackle the toughest weather conditions. It handles well off-road as well. The 4-wheel drive function works extremely well while driving. I would recommend the Xterra to anyone looking for a good SUV 4-wheel drive. It has plenty of room in back, and the seats also fold down. Only issue we have seen is that you have to have some work done at about 60k miles."

My favorite SUV of all I've owned

By on Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Pros: "Size, handling, feels very solid, looks"

Cons: "Only 18 mpg, key fob alarm too sensitive"

"Bought new in Dec 2009 and have put a lot of miles on it. Currently has 114,500 and I have yet to put brakes on it - which is unbelievable. Get regular maintenance done every 5,000 and I'm coming to the end of my second set of tires. Plan to get 200,000 on it before I trade it in for another one. I really like it."

Fun & easy vehicle to drive.

By on Wednesday, February 05, 2014

"Bought new. Love, love it. Has off road pkg. & I have gone off road many times. Never let me down. Love hill holder & hill decent control. Plenty of power & rides ok for short wheelbase vehicle. Not an economy car. Gas mileage 12 - 19. Fit & finish are excellent. Interior is plastic but very easy to maintain. Styling needs refreshing. Overall the best car I have ever owned."

Excellent, tough, good looking and highly function

By on Monday, December 30, 2013

Pros: "Tough, Dependable, unstoppable, Powerful."

Cons: "A little top heavy when cornering"

"Overall a great vehicle."

Love this SUV

By on Monday, November 18, 2013

Pros: "Great price, easy ride, decent gas mileage"

Cons: "None that come to mind"

"Love my Xterra - so much so that I let my brother drive it while I was away for a month. I came back and he had bought one of his very own!"

Best vehicle I have owned to date

By on Sunday, May 06, 2012

"Fun truck to drive. Needs styling update."

great suv

By on Thursday, March 29, 2012

"great suv but i wish it got better gas mileage ..lol but really thats the only down fall .. get a 4x4 it nice ..."