2007 Nissan Xterra

Based on 443 Ratings for the 2005 - 2015 models.

I LOVE this truck!!!

By on Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, comfortable, looks beautiful!"

Cons: "Not real good on gas"

"Other than normal maintenance, I have had no trouble with this truck! I love it so much. It is so comfortable and fun to drive as well as being very handy for hauling my stuff. As for the winter... multiple significant snowfalls, including one that buried me hub deep. Not once has this truck gotten stuck! Throw it in 4WD and off I go, no sweat!!!"

Perfect for an active lifestyle!

By on Friday, November 21, 2014

Pros: "Great for tall people, good looks, solid as a rock"

Cons: "No defroster in outside mirrors"

"Recently purchased a 2015 Xterra Pro-4X at the beginning of October 2014 here in northeast Ohio. I've always driven Nissan vehicles (since 1992) and never have had problems with them, other than routine maintenance. For example, my current car (which I kept when I purchased the new Xterra) is a 2004 Infiniti G35 Coupe (made by Nissan in Japan). It now is over 10 years old with over 130,000 miles and runs great. The only issue it has had so far is the electric radiator fan motor died around 70,000 miles. It cost around $750 to replace as the car was out of warranty by then. A month later I received a letter from Nissan stating that they have experienced a higher failure rate than expected for these motors, and to send them the bill for reimbursement. Nissan sent a check in the mail to cover the entire cost, when they didn't have to at all. Anyway, the G35 Coupe is not the best for driving in the snow as it is a rear wheel drive sports coupe. For bad weather and occasional off-road use, hauling my bicycle around, hauling other stuff as needed, and going on weekend camping trips, I purchased the new Xterra. Since I have been a Nissan fan over the years, I purposely spent a lot of time looking at the Toyota FJ Cruiser, Toyota 4Runner, and Jeeps. None of them had the best combination of off-road capability and on-road driving comfort and utility, and features for the price compared to the Xterra. The Toyota FJ Cruiser is a very cool vehicle, but I did not like the suicide doors (to open the second door requires opening the driver or passenger door first), and the back door opens like a refrigerator instead of being a liftgate. The driving visibility in the FJ Cruiser is far worse than the Xterra. I am tall (6'-3") and do not have to duck my head down to see overhead traffic signals like I had to in the FJ Cruiser. The 4Runner was too long in length and too pricey (great vehicle to be sure). I do not need removable doors or removable roofs and the interior design of the Jeeps did not appeal to me. Jeeps are great vehicles but are overpriced for comparable equipment than the Xterra Pro-4X. I am averaging around 19 miles per gallon city/highway with the Xterra so far, which is a little better than I expected. No issues so far during the first 2,000 miles with the Xterra. This vehicle is solid as a rock with a true body on frame construction. Likes: Looks and doesn't look out of date to me even though this design is 10 years old (metallic blue is the best color), excellent stereo system, navigation, bluetooth, SiriusXM radio with weather and traffic, all buttons are lighted including steering wheel controls, heated seats, wheels look great, good quality BF Goodrich tires, very good fit and finish, everything is easy to use, temp display and compass on auto-dimming rearview mirror, reverse camera, strong heater and A/C, Bilstein shocks, handles amazingly well and steering has perfect feel, comfortable seats, excellent head room for a tall guy like me, good leg room, plenty of cargo capacity, seats fold flat, fits in my garage, shifts on the fly to 4WD without even a clunk (drove in snow the other day), best vehicle for the money hands down! Dislikes: plastics scratch easily, outside mirrors do not have defrosters, overhead vanity mirrors are not lighted, window on rear liftgate can not open- THAT'S IT FOR DISLIKES! This vehicle is perfect for single guys like me who live an active lifestyle. It's not really a family vehicle even though it certainly could do that. If you have little kids, they probably wouldn't even be able to reach the high rear door handles, LOL! Nissan has consistently sold around 1,100 Xterras a month for the last several years, with zero advertising or incentives, for a reason!"

Basic and problem prone

By on Thursday, October 30, 2014

"The transmission went out due to a coolant leak into the transmission system. No recall for this issue, but known problem. They did extend the warranty to 80,000, but most fail after that. There was a class action law suit, but only relief was high deductible repairs. No relief over 100,000 miles. Please be aware. It is a basic vehicle with a rough ride. It also started rusting in several locations."

I love this car!

By on Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Pros: "Great vehicle for the price!"

Cons: "None."

"Handles well. Good power. Still looks new and performs well. I'll buy another when they bring back my color - yellow! Always see it in a parking lot!"

Best SUV out there

By on Friday, October 24, 2014

"There is nothing else that come close to the Xterra except maybe an overpriced Forerunner or Wrangler. It is the best looking, safest, and most reliable SUV you can buy, period. It is quite a value as well with gas prices going lower. My 2007 still turns heads with the streets full of Minivan-looking pretender "SUVs" in an overly politically correct world. Nissan has been trying to retire Xterra for years. Its too good to go down without a fight."