2005 Nissan Xterra

Based on 474 Ratings for the 2005 - 2015 models.

Great Truck

By on Friday, June 04, 2010

"This is a Great Truck and Great Value. It's a truck not a tall station wagon. I like the solid truck ride. I averaged 21.8 MPG on a 400 mile trip (90% highway). Great cargo room. Lots of storage space."

Great SUV for a 20 Something

By on Friday, December 28, 2007

"I love this truck. I get about 16 MPG in the city, and 21 MPG on the interstate and it has all the power you'll ever need on the highway. I took the truck off-road once and in 4WD low, there was plenty of torque to get through the mud. The rear seat is not passenger friendly ( and per some other reviews) doesn't accomodate a child safetly seat, but there's plenty of cargo space. In short, great truck for one or two."

Sweet Ride

By on Thursday, July 12, 2007

"I got this vehicle because I liked the old Xterra but didn't like the engine choices and the rear drums amongst other things. When this one came out they had fixed everything that I saw wrong with the old model so I just had to get one. So far I have had it for a year and a half and nothing has gone wrong with it and it does great off-road and on. My only complaint is with the BFG Rugged Trail tires. I upgraded to BFG All-Terrain tires and have never looked back. Great stopping power and acceleration, along with decent gas mileage for the size of the car. I would recommend that anyone buy this car as I couldn't have picked a better car to suit me."

Reliability defined!

By on Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Pros: "Dependable, reliable, smooth ride, handles well"

Cons: "mpg sucks"

"Great, dependable car. 17 mpg is the only reason it is a 9 instead of a 10 across the board."

Solid SUV, fun to drive

By on Sunday, February 16, 2014

Pros: "Sporty and agile, fun to drive"

Cons: "Arm rests would be nice"

"I bought this new in 2008. I just got back from a 6000 mile cross country drive. It handled dirt, ice, snow, slush and cruised comfortably across 17 states. A good off roader in its stock form. Its a bit small to sleep in comfortably for me. Heading east I got a high of 24 mpg thanks to a pretty constant tail wind. Usually get about 20 on the freeway. It now has about 45,000 miles and hasn't had any recalls or problems. The Vehicle Dynamic Control saved me a couple times. Once when I had to swerve around a parked truck on the freeway doing 60mph. Another time when I was hit on the rear passenger door doing about 50. The only thing my S model lacks is outdoor temp gauge and a compass built into the review mirror and a 6 CD changer. All things that could be added but my previous Ford SUVs had those features and I do like them. They are probably available on the SE and offroad model. I never thought I would keep her this long but I still like the body style, the power and handling. I've only done oil changes, tire rotations and had the coolant system flushed. Brakes are still good. This is my first Nissan or import for what its worth, it was built in Tennessee."