2003 Nissan Xterra

Based on 580 Ratings for the 2000 - 2004 models.

I love my ride

By on Wednesday, August 19, 2009

"My 2002 Xterra has 140,000 miles with only routine maintainance. The outer styling has changed very little over the years, so it still looks current. I plan on driving it until the wheels fall off, but I'd buy another in a heartbeat!"

By on Friday, November 14, 2008

"I've got a 2000 X. It has been great! Very reliable and performs well on road and off road. I looks like the newer Xs are going back to older style, which is a good thing (round headlights looked bad). The only minor problem is it definately rides more like a truck than a car, so if you are looking for an SUV that is 100% smooth, you may want to look elsewhere. Otherwise the Nissan Xterra is a great ride!"

Rugged and basic - but it runs and runs...

By on Sunday, September 16, 2007

"I've had a 2000 XTerra for eight years. Strengths: In eight years, there has been no defects whatsoever if you exclude a broken taillight! It just runs and runs and runs...! There is an amazing amount of cargo space. (Also, for people that don't mind roughing it: a 6"1' person can lie straight and sleep in the back very comfortably.) The cargo box is a marketing ploy for sure but it actually works. I use it often for wet and dirty stuff. Weaknesses: It's not a race car! It's a truck and you need to drive it like a truck, i.e. nice and easy in the curves. Engine makes a lot of noise when you try to push it."

Excellent SUV Design, Reliable, Snow driving +++

By on Thursday, July 14, 2016

Pros: "Excellent cold weather vehicle"

Cons: "fuel economy"

"2001 V6 SE driven from 1 to 125,000 miles, only unforeseen repairs: master cylinder (clutch) replacement, fuel pump was faulty. Drives like a champ and religiously maintained. The Body-on-Frame design and tons of mod space is highly sought after for off-roaders and upscaling the vehicle foir snow/terrain handling. I am keeping mine to the grave"

Best, most reliable vehicle we've ever owned

By on Saturday, July 5, 2014

Pros: "Good price, very reliable"

Cons: "not comfortable or powerful enough for long trips"

"This has been the vehicle we've owned the longest. We love it, it's our everyday vehicle, best on gas and maneuvering into tight spots. We own other model vehicles and still love the XTerra the best!!"