2003 Nissan Xterra

Based on 563 Ratings for the 2000 - 2004 models.

I love my XTERRA

By on Sunday, February 10, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, lots of room, great interior"

Cons: "center counsel is very tiny in my car"

"I love my Xterra. This is a great vehical for around town but as well as being out in the outdoors. we are able to put everything in my xterra for camping and still sleep in in when we get to our location. Its a great car for carpooling and i love the room i have inside! Its very reliable and ive had no problems with my xterra!"

Best vehicle ever!!!

By on Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive........"

Cons: "Gas mileage is the only downfall. 20mpg average"

"Love this vehicle. If it got better gas mileage I would trade in for another. Hoping to get another 150000 miles out of this. Awesome for the Pa snow. Really comfortable for long trips. Lots of cargo room."

Great Vehicel

By on Friday, January 11, 2013

Pros: "Realiable, Durable, and a BEAST!!"

Cons: "Bad on Gas mileage!"

"I love my Xterra! It has NEVER left me hangin! The ONLY complaint i have with this vehicle is the fact that the gas mileage just isnt great! Its wonderful for a first time driver I think! Im 25 and have had it for the past 6 years! Ive made a few repairs like my radiator but not because of something i did! A big truck threw a rock and put a hole in it! It was so simple to replace and cheap! All I do is keep up the oil changes and the fluids up on my car and it gets me where i need to go! The bumpers are defected like they get to where all the black on the bumper wears off so mine isnt that attractive in the front but its a beast! It NEVER lets me down! Its ALSO 2 wheel drive and well im a country girl so i like the mud and granted its NEVER GOTTEN STUCK! haha!"

I'm 60 - my FAVORITE car ever!

By on Friday, September 21, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, huge cargo area, will go in any weather."

Cons: "Not so great on gas mileage."

"This is the most versitile car I've ever owned. It will go up my 45 degree incline driveway in snow. It has such a huge cargo space - both wide and tall - that it will haul just about anything I have ever tried to put in it. I have moved myself once (7 rooms worth) and my parents twice(5 rooms worth). Only had to pay someone else to move the large appliances and an oversized china cabinet. All other furniture could be moved with the Xterra - saved HUNDREDS of dollars in moving and delivery over the years. It's 13 years old and still a work horse. Not likely to get rid of it until it drops out from under me."

110k miles and going strong

By on Thursday, May 27, 2010

"I purchased this SUV in 2005 with 22k miles on it already (2003 model). This vehicle is excellent on the beach, in the snow, general off-road, and just plain driving. My friends with similar sized SUV's (Explorers, Trailblazers, etc.) always get stuck in that mid-summer, baby powder-consistency sand, even when they air down. My Xterra has only been stuck in the sand once, and that was when it was driving behind a super slow truck going up a 30 degree incline sand dune, and even then, all that was needed was to air down a little more, and rock it from reverse to drive a few times. No manual excavation necessary. This ONLY complaint I have is the gas mileage...it is pretty awful, but that was to be expected, with it being underpowered and relatively heavy. It gets about 18mpg hwy and 13mpg street. Other than that, the car gives a somewhat bumpy ride, but again, this is expected since it is an SUV. The interior is very roomy, and driving is extremely comfortable. I do not mind long road trips (I drive an hour to and from work every day, so my idea of "long" might be a tad bit biased). Not much has been needed to be replaced, only the battery, brakes/rotors/calipers, and air-filter that was upgraded to a K&N. Also, what I love about this SUV is that there are so many ways to accessorize the vehicle to make it unique. This car is EXTREMELY reliable, and has never failed me by not starting, unless I have left the lights on or something. I highly recommend this SUV to anyone who enjoys the outdoors, but not so much to the long-distance commuter. Reliability, ruggedness and super comfortable - all in this SUV, and for not nearly as much money as comparable ones."