2003 Nissan Xterra

Based on 562 Ratings for the 2000 - 2004 models.

My Favorite Vehicle

By on Tuesday, October 15, 2013

"The xTerra is totally understated. The interior is simple, no frills - It offers what you NEED in a Sport Utility Vehicle. It's a SUV that drives like a car. I snowboard and ski a lot. I have plenty of room for my gear, inside or on top, as well as a few passengers and their gear. Has no problems climbing Mt. Baker, Stevens or the occasional snow storm in Seattle. In the 8 Years that I have owned this vehicle I have never had a problem with it! She's at 130,000 miles and still going strong. My next car will be an xTerra!"

Best vehicle ever!!!

By on Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive........"

Cons: "Gas mileage is the only downfall. 20mpg average"

"Love this vehicle. If it got better gas mileage I would trade in for another. Hoping to get another 150000 miles out of this. Awesome for the Pa snow. Really comfortable for long trips. Lots of cargo room."

Absolutely a fun and reliable vehicle. Love it.

By on Thursday, August 22, 2013

Pros: "Fun!"

Cons: "?can't think of any cons."

"We don't go 4 wheeling here in the sand of the midwest but we've never been stuck. It saved my life one time on the interstate when I was driving 70 mph and the weather went from 30 degrees dry road to 4 inches of slush. Just for fun I drove it into 26 inches of wet show at 30 miles an hour just to see what it would do. I just had to :) I had to get help out of that one."

Love It!

By on Friday, August 16, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, great in snow, mud, and severe rain"

Cons: "gas mileage, rust"

"Over 200,000 miles in 11 years. I own two cars, the other one is an '09 with 96,000 miles. I drive a lot. Only downfall is gas mileage (similar to a Jeep). Great vehicle for hauling kids and hockey gear, camping equipment, and hundreds of books. Stock vehicle is extremely capable off-road. Not too difficult to modify for more advanced or rougher terrain/trails."

I love this truck!

By on Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Pros: "Stylish, fun to drive, long lasting"

Cons: "turning is quirky, more horsepower"

"At 210,000+ miles, this truck is still going strong! Engine runs like a champ with no knocks and minimal shake. I didn't even have to replace the timing belt til well past it's prime. Keep up with oil changes and don't let the gas go under a quarter of a tank and this truck will be the most reliable vehicle you've ever had."

I love my XTERRA

By on Sunday, February 10, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, lots of room, great interior"

Cons: "center counsel is very tiny in my car"

"I love my Xterra. This is a great vehical for around town but as well as being out in the outdoors. we are able to put everything in my xterra for camping and still sleep in in when we get to our location. Its a great car for carpooling and i love the room i have inside! Its very reliable and ive had no problems with my xterra!"

This vehicle saved my life!

By on Saturday, January 26, 2013

Pros: "SAFE, comfurtable"

Cons: "Bad mpg,"

"Two days ago i lost control of my xterra and spun out of control flipping onto the drivers side in the woods. I was left with one exterior bruise on my left arm and thats it. I am so greatful for my acks and pains left behind because i easily could of died. My xterra got totaled and i was able to walk away, my first car will always be my favorite car. I <3 my xterra!"

Best four wheel drive SUV out there!

By on Saturday, January 19, 2013

Pros: "Style, reliability, great gas mileage"

Cons: "under-rated for being such an awesome car."

"I have owned my Xterra now for over two years and I originally bought it with 100,000 miles on it and now it has 146,000 and I have had the best experience with it. I use it as my everyday driver for work (and it gets great mileage for an SUV) and I also use it in the summer to go down to the river to kayak or canoe, it is great if you need to go off roading for anything and it even handles great in the snow and ice in the winter. The room in the car is great, it has a 6 disc cd player and the stock sound system is amazing, best sound system I have ever heard come from the factory. I like to call it the Jeep Wrangler Rescue-er because it will keep up with the wranglers and even pull them out when they get stuck!"

Great Vehicel

By on Friday, January 11, 2013

Pros: "Realiable, Durable, and a BEAST!!"

Cons: "Bad on Gas mileage!"

"I love my Xterra! It has NEVER left me hangin! The ONLY complaint i have with this vehicle is the fact that the gas mileage just isnt great! Its wonderful for a first time driver I think! Im 25 and have had it for the past 6 years! Ive made a few repairs like my radiator but not because of something i did! A big truck threw a rock and put a hole in it! It was so simple to replace and cheap! All I do is keep up the oil changes and the fluids up on my car and it gets me where i need to go! The bumpers are defected like they get to where all the black on the bumper wears off so mine isnt that attractive in the front but its a beast! It NEVER lets me down! Its ALSO 2 wheel drive and well im a country girl so i like the mud and granted its NEVER GOTTEN STUCK! haha!"

reliable;durable; and always ready for anything.!

By on Friday, January 04, 2013

"Extremely reliable car;is very durable and ready for all terrain and weather conditions; I bought my car used after it having a blown timing belt and luckily putting a new one in fixed the problem and no further damage was done, it was in many of accidents with the pervious owner and it help up very well not to mention it has protected them very well. I love Nissans in general. Not to mention i live right by a woods and we like to go 4-wheeling; my neighbors hemi ford truck gets stuck in and all i have to do is put the xterra in 4w and im ready to go there's no stopping it. Best investment ever!"

Safe, secure, fun!

By on Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Pros: "All weather vehicle, nice look, safe, price."

Cons: "Not all the bells & whistles, but great value."

"The 4WD Nissan Xterra makes you feel safe in any weather situation. I've driven through Northern California rain, wind storms, and snow, and always felt my car would keep me safe. It's also been used in town and on the highway quite extensively. I recommend this vehicle for it's safety as well as it's classic sport utility look. My Xterra is black and when she's washed she sure looks good."

Love this car. Had it for 12 years.

By on Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Turning radius, no leather or full sun roof"

"Wish it came in leather and with full sun roof. Other than that, love this car! Lasted 12 years with 4 teenage drivers learning to drive and then running around town with it. We definitely got our money's worth form this car. Love the color, love the style and contours of the body. Great car, especially for first time drivers and teenage girls."

If you want to buy a car buy this one.

By on Tuesday, October 02, 2012

"This car is the best car ever! You have to get it! We had owned this car for years and had no problems with it! If you have one kid get this car. I would rate this car 5 stars if I had to."

I'm 60 - my FAVORITE car ever!

By on Friday, September 21, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, huge cargo area, will go in any weather."

Cons: "Not so great on gas mileage."

"This is the most versitile car I've ever owned. It will go up my 45 degree incline driveway in snow. It has such a huge cargo space - both wide and tall - that it will haul just about anything I have ever tried to put in it. I have moved myself once (7 rooms worth) and my parents twice(5 rooms worth). Only had to pay someone else to move the large appliances and an oversized china cabinet. All other furniture could be moved with the Xterra - saved HUNDREDS of dollars in moving and delivery over the years. It's 13 years old and still a work horse. Not likely to get rid of it until it drops out from under me."

Best Vehicle I have ever owned!

By on Friday, September 14, 2012

Pros: "Amazing 4x4, Good on gas"

Cons: "no acceleration"

"Great car. Holds it value very well. It drives like a truck and the 4x4 in it is amazing. Coming from an jeep this was an amazing find. It doesnt have very good acceleration though."

I love this SUV

By on Monday, September 10, 2012

Pros: "Fun To drive, takes whatever I can throw at it"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"I bought my 03 Nissian xterra just a few months ago I got a great deal on it... I love so many things about it and will likely trade up shortly, I am looking forward to having it this winter in the harsh sk canada winter... Its great for getting my kids where ever they need to go.. I lucked out and got the v6 supercharged engine always has the get up and go I need the only down fall I find is the gas mileage but I think that it is worth it to love what you drive!"

Piece of junk

By on Thursday, September 06, 2012

Pros: "super charger is nice"

Cons: "expensive to repair"

"this car has cost me more in maintenance than any car i've ever owned. it's been recalled several times with each fix causing more problems (also not covered by the recall) every time i take the car in for general maintenance i end up having to replace something else. i've spent enough money on this car to pay for it 3 times over."

Ok vehicle

By on Thursday, September 06, 2012

Pros: "Handles great, and great in harsh winters"

Cons: "gas mileage and not enuff power"

"Ok, so I like the vehicle but there is things i do not like. CONS: the v6 in this vehicle i believe is not enough engine for the vehicle. Gas mileage is poor and not much for power. Feels like its working really hard to accelerate on the highway. I think the vehicle is too heavy for this v6 to push around efficiently. If it had a nice v8 in it i'm thinking it would get same or better gas mileage and have some power to play with. Pros: It looks cool. Gets around great in nd winters, the ground clearance and 4wd really shine in the harsh winters here. It's been a reliable vehicle, no major repairs have been needed."

Has been a good dependable car.

By on Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive and will turn on a dine so to speech"

Cons: "none to speech"

"I bought the xterra new in 2000' it is now 12yrs old with 100,000 mile. We have the oil changed every 3 to 4 thousand miles it still runs and drives great. However we did have trouble with the A/C in 2009' and replaced everything in the cab. The X also had disturbers trouble and had it replaced. $1,400. In 12yrs and small maintenance. My wife Said the X still rides better and still handle like a new one. Yes she would buy a new one but just can't let this one go yet."

Best vehicle will get another one. Love it!

By on Saturday, September 01, 2012

Pros: "Great deal on a used xterra, looks sporty."

"I have moved and loaded washer, drier, dressers and alot more. I don't need a truck it is able to hall everything."

ONE OF THE BEST CARS IVE OWNED

By on Friday, August 31, 2012

"the only bad things that i have to say about this car is that when they reach higher mileage they need work but they are still very runnable and great to have especailly for kids in sports. TAKE CARE OF IT AND IT WILL TAKE CARE OF YOU. drives great. rides great. if you are thinking about getting this car, stop thinking. just get it!"

Very dependable, I would buy it again.

By on Friday, August 31, 2012

"I brought the car new in 2000, has over 200,000 miles. No major repairs ever needed. Heating & air, radio, windows still runs good.Great for a family. Do not care for the Stadium seating in the back seat. It makes it hard to back up. Do not like that you can not close the air vents if needed. I would buy it again. Good performance."

I LOVE my Xterra!

By on Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Pros: "Fun, looks cool, reliable."

Cons: "Rides a little rough."

"I still come out to my Xterra and smile when I look at it. Very reliable; nothing but oil changes and regular maintainance type work since I bought it. Comfortable, roomy, stadium seating in the rear, lots of room for transporting from groceries to plants and building materials. I still get comments from strangers- a timeless design."

Piece of junk

By on Friday, August 10, 2012

Pros: "Height, full frame"

Cons: "Poorly designed, unreliable"

"My wife bought this car a few years before we got married and it has been terrible. It has leaked oil, antifreeze, power steering fluid and freon. It is poorly designed, using technology that was outdated for years in 2004. For example, it has a mechanical fan, and not an electric one - something which I thought no manufacturer still used even in the 1980s, let alone 2004 - which means the fan will rotate slowly when the car is at idle; not very good in the Arizona heat. It also still uses a distributor ignition which increases maintenance costs and potential problems. (For comparison, my 2001 Ford Crown Victoria has an electric fan, distributorless ignition, and four wheel disc brakes with ABS, and some people consider that to be an outdated design) We had to replace the radiator, water pump and just about every hose and belt on the car. The alternator is in a very unfriendly place on the bottom of the car, making it much more difficult to remove than it ought to be, considering how often they fail. The final straw came earlier this week when, at about 121,000 miles, a freeze plug on the back of the engine started leaking coolant. The only way to fix this is to pull the engine out of the car - no thanks, I'll trade it in and let the dealer worry about it. On the plus side it does have a nice ride height and a full frame, the reasons why she bought it in the first place. Also the transmission has been relatively trouble free. Bottom line - if you want to buy a car with a 1960s design and 1960s build quality then buy a 1960s car, not this one."

great vehicle very sturdy and comfortable

By on Wednesday, July 04, 2012

"Need different vehicle smaller and better gas mileage"