2003 Nissan Xterra

Based on 543 Ratings for the 2000 - 2004 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Finding it Hard to Part With

By on Thursday, March 13, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, fun to drive, great 4x4, looks cool"

Cons: "Bad gas mileage, V-6 underpowered, soft steering"

"This was my second Nissan that I took over 120,000 miles. Regular maintenance and no major repairs for the 12 years I have owned it. This 5-spd still has original clutch. Rides as tight today as when I bought it, despite driving on so many OBX beaches that started rust in hard to fix places everywhere from salty air. Rust killed back bumper and radiator hangs by the hoses. Doesn't matter. Never ever had to realign the tires or replace any front end components. I stopped repairing wear/tear items I'd usually fix (pulsing brakes, grinding throwout bearing, AC clutch) two years back anticipating replacement but the thing just keeps going. It won't die. I love it and am finding it hard to choose a replacement."

great family car really enjoyed owning one.

By on Saturday, March 08, 2014

Pros: "price can come down a little but it's worth it,"

Cons: "a little rough to drive at times but it's an suv."

"When I bought this car it was with the intention of a family car and it fit the bill. My wife has been very happy with this car and would like to get another one, yet our family has grown to a need of a much bigger car so I have to let this one go with alot of reservations but I would really like to buy this car again. I'm glad to see that it does come with a v6 standard which I would like to have because the 4 cylinder just did not have the guts to really move this heavy car down the road yet it was good on milage still needed a little more power, so I think the v6 is a great choice for nissan to move it to, overall great car and great family car."

best vehicle i've owned

By on Saturday, February 15, 2014

Pros: "great in snow reliable"

Cons: "hard for old folks to get into"

"i love this car have had it for 9+ years i'm second owner and it drives great handles great tows great. only thing is it's harder for my mom and older people to get into and they have a really tough time getting into the back seat."

Great SUV! Love IT! Her:)

By on Saturday, December 21, 2013

"My daily commute to work & back(+)34 ml & more! Great vehicle, I hope that I can use it for long time!:)"

Buy One-Even Used!!

By on Wednesday, November 06, 2013

Pros: "solid Reliability"

Cons: "gas milage. passing power"

"I am the 2nd owner of this car. I bought it with 22000 miles on it. The truck has been solid!! I put a K&N Cool Air Intake and It made the pick-up and gas milage better. It also eliminated the knock when passing someone when using low grade gas. Over all I have about $2000 into the car since Ive bought it in 2004. Typical replacement parts such a the altenator, starter, timing belt and water pump were replaced after the 200K mark as a precationary measure. Had to drop $600 to repair the a/c but other than that this thing just keeps going. If you own this truck, use nothing but synthetic in the transmission and engine oil and change regulary. I do mine about every 5K miles. This by far has been the most reliable car I have ever owned. I typically drive more than 17k miles a year in Florida."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25