2002 Nissan Xterra

Based on 552 Ratings for the 2000 - 2004 models.

great family car really enjoyed owning one.

By on Saturday, March 08, 2014

Pros: "price can come down a little but it's worth it,"

Cons: "a little rough to drive at times but it's an suv."

"When I bought this car it was with the intention of a family car and it fit the bill. My wife has been very happy with this car and would like to get another one, yet our family has grown to a need of a much bigger car so I have to let this one go with alot of reservations but I would really like to buy this car again. I'm glad to see that it does come with a v6 standard which I would like to have because the 4 cylinder just did not have the guts to really move this heavy car down the road yet it was good on milage still needed a little more power, so I think the v6 is a great choice for nissan to move it to, overall great car and great family car."

best vehicle i've owned

By on Saturday, February 15, 2014

Pros: "great in snow reliable"

Cons: "hard for old folks to get into"

"i love this car have had it for 9+ years i'm second owner and it drives great handles great tows great. only thing is it's harder for my mom and older people to get into and they have a really tough time getting into the back seat."

Great SUV! Love IT! Her:)

By on Saturday, December 21, 2013

"My daily commute to work & back(+)34 ml & more! Great vehicle, I hope that I can use it for long time!:)"

Buy One-Even Used!!

By on Wednesday, November 06, 2013

Pros: "solid Reliability"

Cons: "gas milage. passing power"

"I am the 2nd owner of this car. I bought it with 22000 miles on it. The truck has been solid!! I put a K&N Cool Air Intake and It made the pick-up and gas milage better. It also eliminated the knock when passing someone when using low grade gas. Over all I have about $2000 into the car since Ive bought it in 2004. Typical replacement parts such a the altenator, starter, timing belt and water pump were replaced after the 200K mark as a precationary measure. Had to drop $600 to repair the a/c but other than that this thing just keeps going. If you own this truck, use nothing but synthetic in the transmission and engine oil and change regulary. I do mine about every 5K miles. This by far has been the most reliable car I have ever owned. I typically drive more than 17k miles a year in Florida."

Best purchase ever made!

By on Saturday, October 19, 2013

Pros: "Great price, comfort, beautiful, safe"

Cons: "NONE"

"My SUV provides comfort and peace of mind. It is the best automobile I have ever owned and I have owned a handful of brand-new vehicles. It stands up to its name...time and time again! If well maintained this SUV is built to last forever. It still runs like the first day I drove it off the lot. I recommend the Xterra above all the rest in its class. So go ahead and test drive one...you won't be disappointed!"

My Favorite Vehicle

By on Tuesday, October 15, 2013

"The xTerra is totally understated. The interior is simple, no frills - It offers what you NEED in a Sport Utility Vehicle. It's a SUV that drives like a car. I snowboard and ski a lot. I have plenty of room for my gear, inside or on top, as well as a few passengers and their gear. Has no problems climbing Mt. Baker, Stevens or the occasional snow storm in Seattle. In the 8 Years that I have owned this vehicle I have never had a problem with it! She's at 130,000 miles and still going strong. My next car will be an xTerra!"

Best vehicle ever!!!

By on Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive........"

Cons: "Gas mileage is the only downfall. 20mpg average"

"Love this vehicle. If it got better gas mileage I would trade in for another. Hoping to get another 150000 miles out of this. Awesome for the Pa snow. Really comfortable for long trips. Lots of cargo room."

Absolutely a fun and reliable vehicle. Love it.

By on Thursday, August 22, 2013

Pros: "Fun!"

Cons: "?can't think of any cons."

"We don't go 4 wheeling here in the sand of the midwest but we've never been stuck. It saved my life one time on the interstate when I was driving 70 mph and the weather went from 30 degrees dry road to 4 inches of slush. Just for fun I drove it into 26 inches of wet show at 30 miles an hour just to see what it would do. I just had to :) I had to get help out of that one."

Love It!

By on Friday, August 16, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, great in snow, mud, and severe rain"

Cons: "gas mileage, rust"

"Over 200,000 miles in 11 years. I own two cars, the other one is an '09 with 96,000 miles. I drive a lot. Only downfall is gas mileage (similar to a Jeep). Great vehicle for hauling kids and hockey gear, camping equipment, and hundreds of books. Stock vehicle is extremely capable off-road. Not too difficult to modify for more advanced or rougher terrain/trails."

I love this truck!

By on Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Pros: "Stylish, fun to drive, long lasting"

Cons: "turning is quirky, more horsepower"

"At 210,000+ miles, this truck is still going strong! Engine runs like a champ with no knocks and minimal shake. I didn't even have to replace the timing belt til well past it's prime. Keep up with oil changes and don't let the gas go under a quarter of a tank and this truck will be the most reliable vehicle you've ever had."