2002 Nissan Xterra

Based on 552 Ratings for the 2000 - 2004 models.

It's been a good car

By on Monday, July 28, 2014

Pros: "Dependable, good looking"

Cons: "Poor design on back seat fold down."

"I don't like the way that the back seat folds down.. You have to remove the seat portion, there is nowhere inside the car to store them, and then the back portion folds down, but not completely flat. Also the back seat is not real comfortable. Other little things, like the power supply covers are little plastic peices that do not stay in place, and the headliner has dropped down, I've always driven my cars for 10+ years and this is the first one I've had this issue with. It has been a good car for me though, gotten me over 125000 miles, lots of trips."

Greatest car I've ever owned

By on Monday, July 07, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, love off-roading"

Cons: "horrible gas milage (9mpg)"

"This car is amazing. I've owned this car since september, and absolutely love it. I take it off roading all the time, and am amazed at how well it handles. great all around vehicle, and will definitely own another one again."

Best, most reliable vehicle we've ever owned

By on Saturday, July 05, 2014

Pros: "Good price, very reliable"

Cons: "not comfortable or powerful enough for long trips"

"This has been the vehicle we've owned the longest. We love it, it's our everyday vehicle, best on gas and maneuvering into tight spots. We own other model vehicles and still love the XTerra the best!!"

encountered a lot of problems...

By on Wednesday, July 02, 2014

Pros: "good size, great for off-roading, cute exterior"

Cons: "everything else."

"I purchased this car after my sister got one and loved hers. I fell in love with mine shortly after buying, but the quality of the car progressively got worse. I never had an accident or wreck, yet the car started rattling and messing up. The alternator is shot and the transmission is in terrible condition. I can't stay at a drive thru without my car overheating in the 5 minutes it takes to pay for and receive my dinner. Overall, I wouldn't even recommend this car to my worst enemy."

Couldn't ask for a better vehicle

By on Sunday, June 29, 2014

Pros: "Most reliable, maintenance free vehicle I've owned"

Cons: "A/C is failing"

"The 2003 Nissan Xterra was by far the best SUV I have ever owned. Relatively maintenance free (besides the required oil and routine fluids being changed), this vehicle has been safe and reliable the entire time I've owned it. As the original owner, I put all the miles on it, from the 7 driving off the lot to the 238K now."

BUY IT! CAN'T GO WRONG WITH THIS TRUCK!

By on Tuesday, June 24, 2014

"Best vehicle I've owned. It comes with everything you need, nothing you don't. I will never want to sell this Xterra."

I love it

By on Friday, May 23, 2014

Pros: "seat size/height, comfort, radio, great in 4WD"

Cons: "poor mpg, too low horsepower"

"Bought it new in 2001. Am sorry it will need replacing in years to come since it is already 13 years old. Had very few problems. Have replaced all 4 window regulators finally. Back brakes at 68K. Tires at 60K. Love the height of the seats -- can easily slide in and out without the running boards. I love the cloth seat covers which are removable for washing. The Nissan stereo has tremendous speakers. The whole car can shake with the bass. My complaint is the lousy 16 mgp city/hwy. Goes 270 miles on a tank. Not very fast on the uptake, but I can come quick off the line with planning. During blizzards it went through 3ft drifts easily. I felt very safe in it. Never got stuck when others were mired down."

work horse

By on Sunday, May 11, 2014

Pros: "work horse"

Cons: "uncomfortable back seat"

"Bought this used and it has rarely failed me. It can tow 2300 lbs on the roughest terrain through mud and snow.It was driven daily up and down mountain roads through snow sleet and rain.This vehicle can take a beating and keep on running.I can imagine that these bought new must be woth the price.I got my moneys worth."

Perfect College Car

By on Monday, April 21, 2014

Pros: "Solid truck suspension, reliable, hauler"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"Bought this car two years ago with 165,000 miles on it for our older son and handed his Accord down to our younger son. This Xterra has been a wonderful car for college. It has plenty of interior room to haul all of his stuff back and forth, it's very solid due to it's Frontier truck frame, and it will go anywhere in any weather; it's been thru 12" snows with no issue. We have had no mechanical issues with it and the engine runs smooth as silk. Gas mileage could be better, but it's an acceptable tradeoff for the ruggedness, hauling capability, and 4WD."

Finding it Hard to Part With

By on Thursday, March 13, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, fun to drive, great 4x4, looks cool"

Cons: "Bad gas mileage, V-6 underpowered, soft steering"

"This was my second Nissan that I took over 120,000 miles. Regular maintenance and no major repairs for the 12 years I have owned it. This 5-spd still has original clutch. Rides as tight today as when I bought it, despite driving on so many OBX beaches that started rust in hard to fix places everywhere from salty air. Rust killed back bumper and radiator hangs by the hoses. Doesn't matter. Never ever had to realign the tires or replace any front end components. I stopped repairing wear/tear items I'd usually fix (pulsing brakes, grinding throwout bearing, AC clutch) two years back anticipating replacement but the thing just keeps going. It won't die. I love it and am finding it hard to choose a replacement."

great family car really enjoyed owning one.

By on Saturday, March 08, 2014

Pros: "price can come down a little but it's worth it,"

Cons: "a little rough to drive at times but it's an suv."

"When I bought this car it was with the intention of a family car and it fit the bill. My wife has been very happy with this car and would like to get another one, yet our family has grown to a need of a much bigger car so I have to let this one go with alot of reservations but I would really like to buy this car again. I'm glad to see that it does come with a v6 standard which I would like to have because the 4 cylinder just did not have the guts to really move this heavy car down the road yet it was good on milage still needed a little more power, so I think the v6 is a great choice for nissan to move it to, overall great car and great family car."

best vehicle i've owned

By on Saturday, February 15, 2014

Pros: "great in snow reliable"

Cons: "hard for old folks to get into"

"i love this car have had it for 9+ years i'm second owner and it drives great handles great tows great. only thing is it's harder for my mom and older people to get into and they have a really tough time getting into the back seat."

Great SUV! Love IT! Her:)

By on Saturday, December 21, 2013

"My daily commute to work & back(+)34 ml & more! Great vehicle, I hope that I can use it for long time!:)"

Buy One-Even Used!!

By on Wednesday, November 06, 2013

Pros: "solid Reliability"

Cons: "gas milage. passing power"

"I am the 2nd owner of this car. I bought it with 22000 miles on it. The truck has been solid!! I put a K&N Cool Air Intake and It made the pick-up and gas milage better. It also eliminated the knock when passing someone when using low grade gas. Over all I have about $2000 into the car since Ive bought it in 2004. Typical replacement parts such a the altenator, starter, timing belt and water pump were replaced after the 200K mark as a precationary measure. Had to drop $600 to repair the a/c but other than that this thing just keeps going. If you own this truck, use nothing but synthetic in the transmission and engine oil and change regulary. I do mine about every 5K miles. This by far has been the most reliable car I have ever owned. I typically drive more than 17k miles a year in Florida."

Best purchase ever made!

By on Saturday, October 19, 2013

Pros: "Great price, comfort, beautiful, safe"

Cons: "NONE"

"My SUV provides comfort and peace of mind. It is the best automobile I have ever owned and I have owned a handful of brand-new vehicles. It stands up to its name...time and time again! If well maintained this SUV is built to last forever. It still runs like the first day I drove it off the lot. I recommend the Xterra above all the rest in its class. So go ahead and test drive one...you won't be disappointed!"

My Favorite Vehicle

By on Tuesday, October 15, 2013

"The xTerra is totally understated. The interior is simple, no frills - It offers what you NEED in a Sport Utility Vehicle. It's a SUV that drives like a car. I snowboard and ski a lot. I have plenty of room for my gear, inside or on top, as well as a few passengers and their gear. Has no problems climbing Mt. Baker, Stevens or the occasional snow storm in Seattle. In the 8 Years that I have owned this vehicle I have never had a problem with it! She's at 130,000 miles and still going strong. My next car will be an xTerra!"

Best vehicle ever!!!

By on Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive........"

Cons: "Gas mileage is the only downfall. 20mpg average"

"Love this vehicle. If it got better gas mileage I would trade in for another. Hoping to get another 150000 miles out of this. Awesome for the Pa snow. Really comfortable for long trips. Lots of cargo room."

Absolutely a fun and reliable vehicle. Love it.

By on Thursday, August 22, 2013

Pros: "Fun!"

Cons: "?can't think of any cons."

"We don't go 4 wheeling here in the sand of the midwest but we've never been stuck. It saved my life one time on the interstate when I was driving 70 mph and the weather went from 30 degrees dry road to 4 inches of slush. Just for fun I drove it into 26 inches of wet show at 30 miles an hour just to see what it would do. I just had to :) I had to get help out of that one."

Love It!

By on Friday, August 16, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, great in snow, mud, and severe rain"

Cons: "gas mileage, rust"

"Over 200,000 miles in 11 years. I own two cars, the other one is an '09 with 96,000 miles. I drive a lot. Only downfall is gas mileage (similar to a Jeep). Great vehicle for hauling kids and hockey gear, camping equipment, and hundreds of books. Stock vehicle is extremely capable off-road. Not too difficult to modify for more advanced or rougher terrain/trails."

I love this truck!

By on Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Pros: "Stylish, fun to drive, long lasting"

Cons: "turning is quirky, more horsepower"

"At 210,000+ miles, this truck is still going strong! Engine runs like a champ with no knocks and minimal shake. I didn't even have to replace the timing belt til well past it's prime. Keep up with oil changes and don't let the gas go under a quarter of a tank and this truck will be the most reliable vehicle you've ever had."

I love my XTERRA

By on Sunday, February 10, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, lots of room, great interior"

Cons: "center counsel is very tiny in my car"

"I love my Xterra. This is a great vehical for around town but as well as being out in the outdoors. we are able to put everything in my xterra for camping and still sleep in in when we get to our location. Its a great car for carpooling and i love the room i have inside! Its very reliable and ive had no problems with my xterra!"

This vehicle saved my life!

By on Saturday, January 26, 2013

Pros: "SAFE, comfurtable"

Cons: "Bad mpg,"

"Two days ago i lost control of my xterra and spun out of control flipping onto the drivers side in the woods. I was left with one exterior bruise on my left arm and thats it. I am so greatful for my acks and pains left behind because i easily could of died. My xterra got totaled and i was able to walk away, my first car will always be my favorite car. I <3 my xterra!"

Best four wheel drive SUV out there!

By on Saturday, January 19, 2013

Pros: "Style, reliability, great gas mileage"

Cons: "under-rated for being such an awesome car."

"I have owned my Xterra now for over two years and I originally bought it with 100,000 miles on it and now it has 146,000 and I have had the best experience with it. I use it as my everyday driver for work (and it gets great mileage for an SUV) and I also use it in the summer to go down to the river to kayak or canoe, it is great if you need to go off roading for anything and it even handles great in the snow and ice in the winter. The room in the car is great, it has a 6 disc cd player and the stock sound system is amazing, best sound system I have ever heard come from the factory. I like to call it the Jeep Wrangler Rescue-er because it will keep up with the wranglers and even pull them out when they get stuck!"

Great Vehicel

By on Friday, January 11, 2013

Pros: "Realiable, Durable, and a BEAST!!"

Cons: "Bad on Gas mileage!"

"I love my Xterra! It has NEVER left me hangin! The ONLY complaint i have with this vehicle is the fact that the gas mileage just isnt great! Its wonderful for a first time driver I think! Im 25 and have had it for the past 6 years! Ive made a few repairs like my radiator but not because of something i did! A big truck threw a rock and put a hole in it! It was so simple to replace and cheap! All I do is keep up the oil changes and the fluids up on my car and it gets me where i need to go! The bumpers are defected like they get to where all the black on the bumper wears off so mine isnt that attractive in the front but its a beast! It NEVER lets me down! Its ALSO 2 wheel drive and well im a country girl so i like the mud and granted its NEVER GOTTEN STUCK! haha!"

reliable;durable; and always ready for anything.!

By on Friday, January 04, 2013

"Extremely reliable car;is very durable and ready for all terrain and weather conditions; I bought my car used after it having a blown timing belt and luckily putting a new one in fixed the problem and no further damage was done, it was in many of accidents with the pervious owner and it help up very well not to mention it has protected them very well. I love Nissans in general. Not to mention i live right by a woods and we like to go 4-wheeling; my neighbors hemi ford truck gets stuck in and all i have to do is put the xterra in 4w and im ready to go there's no stopping it. Best investment ever!"