2001 Nissan Xterra

Based on 562 Ratings for the 2000 - 2004 models.

Awesome utility vehicle!

By on Monday, March 23, 2015

Pros: "great price, reliable"

"This has been an awesome SUV. While there are a high number of miles on the car, several things have been replaced/are new (AC hoses & electrical, upgraded stereo, tires, battery, spark plugs & wires, O2 sensor, thermostat, radiator, etc.), giving it a much longer life. It was taken very good care of and I can show you all paperwork. Still in very good condition."

Best vehicle I've ever owned!

By on Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Pros: "Great performance and fun to drive."

Cons: "Heater weak in really cold weather (-5 degrees)"

"This is the best vehicle I've ever owned. It has never been in the shop for a mechanical problem. I've simply changed tires, brakes, shocks and washed off the mud!"

I LOVE THIS CAR

By on Friday, February 20, 2015

Pros: "fun to drive, RELIABLE, tough car"

Cons: "no vanity mirrors, fuel pump can be a concern"

"This was my very first car. I bought it after I graduated from college in 2005 so it was already a few years old when I got it. It has been the best car ever and has never let me down. I will tell you I have been hard on it, too. I do my best to get the oil changed every 3,000 miles but sometimes I would forget. I have driven this car from Texas to Connecticut and no problems. It has been a dream car. It handles well and doesn't feel like a BIG car, very maneuverable and easy to drive. I went from driving my parents' Jetta to this and the transition was very easy. In recent years it has begun to show its age, it is 15 years old after all so it is to be expected. If I could I would buy another one or even better keep this one forever but I just got into law school and I will have a very long commute to school and I need a car that is easy on the gas. It goes without saying that the Xterra is not easy on gas, but I do not consider that a flaw because it is an SUV, they guzzle gas, it's what they do. I cannot say enough wonderful things about this car and the day I have to part with it will be a very sad day indeed."

I love my Xterra

By on Thursday, January 08, 2015

Pros: "Perfect in every way. Workhorse!"

Cons: "Mileage could be better."

"I loved this car from first release in 2000...finally buying one in 2001. My X-car has served me well as noted in my ratings above! The mileage isn't the best, but every car has to have at least one drawback. My car has made many trips in all kinds of weather and conditions and has never failed me! Yes, it's been off road and dirty - very dirty. I think it almost prefers a rugged drive in snow and ice. I've made it home while dodging BMWs/Benz's stuck in snow/ice! Yeah! This car will have to fail me completely before I make the choice to buy another! Feels like my best friend."

Very satisfied overall

By on Friday, November 14, 2014

"Daughter has same vehicle and drove it for years. Has been most reliable, very high mileage, still running today. Great for hauling sports equipment around, as well as handles great in the snow with good tires."