2000 Nissan Xterra

Based on 584 Ratings for the 2000 - 2004 models.

I'm 60 - my FAVORITE car ever!

By on Friday, September 21, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, huge cargo area, will go in any weather."

Cons: "Not so great on gas mileage."

"This is the most versitile car I've ever owned. It will go up my 45 degree incline driveway in snow. It has such a huge cargo space - both wide and tall - that it will haul just about anything I have ever tried to put in it. I have moved myself once (7 rooms worth) and my parents twice(5 rooms worth). Only had to pay someone else to move the large appliances and an oversized china cabinet. All other furniture could be moved with the Xterra - saved HUNDREDS of dollars in moving and delivery over the years. It's 13 years old and still a work horse. Not likely to get rid of it until it drops out from under me."

2002 XTERRA SE 4X4

By on Saturday, September 25, 2010

"I have had my "X" for almost 7 years now and very happy with it! I love the styling of the older models more than the newer boxier types. Everything holds together really well and takes the bumbs and grinds. Performance is good for the size of the engine they put in the unit. Works for pulling U-haul or small car and can hold its own towing while going up mountain roads, dip in fuel economy is very noticable when doing this but your towing up a mountain. Otherwise towing on flat highway shows a very small decrease. Acceleration is pretty peppy for off the line goes and starting from the bottom of an on ramp going onto the highway (up hill in this case on a curve) I can hit 70-75 before I have to merge. Handles well at high speeds and evassive manuevers are above average. Stock offroading is reduced to small trails and or mudding. I put on 31.5" tires under the stock setup and don't have a lot of trouble, a little grinding on the fender in a "cranked all the way to the side" turn. Room is very extensive, back seats are good enough for a six foot person, a little cramping if in for a long ride with no stops. Driver and passenger seats are very comfortable and fit well, same problem on long drives but you can last longer in the front. Interior is very nice and accomadating and configures for your daily use, given the back seats can be laid flat. With just the basic changes in oil and a trany flush when it was recommended, over 7 years i have had one major and one minor problem with it. The major problem: had to replace the steering gearbox at about 60k miles it cost about 2k parts and labor. I understand a burr broke off inside the gear set and caused damage to the gears making it almost impossible to turn the wheel. However i understand this was a fluke and is not common at all. Minor issue was a airconditioner leak that took about 20-40 dollars to replace and its worked fine sense. AC is a little on the warmer side for my taste but it could be low on coolant or a recharge could be in order. Also, upgrades for offroading ability are a bit expensive and limited but the options are there. For 7 years old it has been really fun on road, off road and everywhere inbetween. It is small enough to be easily drivable, parkable and trailable while maintaining good space on the inside. FUN FUN FOR MORE YEARS TO COME!!"

Very dependable, I would buy it again.

By on Friday, August 31, 2012

"I brought the car new in 2000, has over 200,000 miles. No major repairs ever needed. Heating & air, radio, windows still runs good.Great for a family. Do not care for the Stadium seating in the back seat. It makes it hard to back up. Do not like that you can not close the air vents if needed. I would buy it again. Good performance."

My second Nissan

By on Monday, July 2, 2012

Pros: "Cost less then toyotas"

Cons: "Need to improve on the mpg"

"My first I had for 15 years ,this one has 12 I just get tired of driving the same thing for so many years , it's a good investment . Next I hope to get a G35"

Amazing Truck!

By on Sunday, September 11, 2011

Pros: "Very Fun, Handles Great, Sturdy Parts."

Cons: "Gas Mileage"

"Bought About a Year and A Half ago for 7500, 1 Year Later I have not had to do anything besides maintenance, Oil Changes, Timing Belt(Did it myself) and it still runs Excellently. Love The Body the Handling and the Power. I dont know why people complain about the power on this thing, sure it isnt a Sports car and your not going to win any races but with Overdrive off and skill with a manual you can get some serious Power, At least I do... Anyway Love it Except that it is a very hungry SUV but I will feed it till it dies."