2000 Nissan Xterra

Based on 562 Ratings for the 2000 - 2004 models.

Awesome utility vehicle!

By on Monday, March 23, 2015

Pros: "great price, reliable"

"This has been an awesome SUV. While there are a high number of miles on the car, several things have been replaced/are new (AC hoses & electrical, upgraded stereo, tires, battery, spark plugs & wires, O2 sensor, thermostat, radiator, etc.), giving it a much longer life. It was taken very good care of and I can show you all paperwork. Still in very good condition."

Best vehicle I've ever owned!

By on Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Pros: "Great performance and fun to drive."

Cons: "Heater weak in really cold weather (-5 degrees)"

"This is the best vehicle I've ever owned. It has never been in the shop for a mechanical problem. I've simply changed tires, brakes, shocks and washed off the mud!"

I LOVE THIS CAR

By on Friday, February 20, 2015

Pros: "fun to drive, RELIABLE, tough car"

Cons: "no vanity mirrors, fuel pump can be a concern"

"This was my very first car. I bought it after I graduated from college in 2005 so it was already a few years old when I got it. It has been the best car ever and has never let me down. I will tell you I have been hard on it, too. I do my best to get the oil changed every 3,000 miles but sometimes I would forget. I have driven this car from Texas to Connecticut and no problems. It has been a dream car. It handles well and doesn't feel like a BIG car, very maneuverable and easy to drive. I went from driving my parents' Jetta to this and the transition was very easy. In recent years it has begun to show its age, it is 15 years old after all so it is to be expected. If I could I would buy another one or even better keep this one forever but I just got into law school and I will have a very long commute to school and I need a car that is easy on the gas. It goes without saying that the Xterra is not easy on gas, but I do not consider that a flaw because it is an SUV, they guzzle gas, it's what they do. I cannot say enough wonderful things about this car and the day I have to part with it will be a very sad day indeed."

I love my Xterra

By on Thursday, January 08, 2015

Pros: "Perfect in every way. Workhorse!"

Cons: "Mileage could be better."

"I loved this car from first release in 2000...finally buying one in 2001. My X-car has served me well as noted in my ratings above! The mileage isn't the best, but every car has to have at least one drawback. My car has made many trips in all kinds of weather and conditions and has never failed me! Yes, it's been off road and dirty - very dirty. I think it almost prefers a rugged drive in snow and ice. I've made it home while dodging BMWs/Benz's stuck in snow/ice! Yeah! This car will have to fail me completely before I make the choice to buy another! Feels like my best friend."

Very satisfied overall

By on Friday, November 14, 2014

"Daughter has same vehicle and drove it for years. Has been most reliable, very high mileage, still running today. Great for hauling sports equipment around, as well as handles great in the snow with good tires."

Underrated and Understated!

By on Thursday, October 23, 2014

Reason: Moved on

Pros: "Strong frame, rugged design, very comfortable"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"All of the car makers are trying to move to lighter, more efficient, economical car designs... this leads to cars feeling flimsy, plasticy, and just flat out dissatisfying to drive. The Xterra is really the last of it's kind (along with the 4runner) to offer a rugged, truck-frame based design that is built with substance. The doors are heavy, the frame is heavy, and because of all of that mass the Xterra has great ride quality, soaking up big and small bumps with ease. It is also very capable off-road and in snow. Reliability was excellent when I owned mine. Didn't have a single problem with it and it drove like new the day I (unfortunately) sold it. I would have purchased a new model, but was looking for something with better gas mileage so I bought a Subaru Forester."

My Nissan Xterra has served me well!

By on Sunday, October 12, 2014

Pros: "Gets through any snow storm"

"My Nissan Xterra has been the best money I spent on a car ever! I really love everything about this vehicle. I have driven in serious weather and I have never been nervous with this car. It is sturdy and tough. I live at 7500 feet and go up and down hills daily. I needed a reliable tough car. This one fit the bill for the last 14 years! Great job Nissan for making an indestructible car."

Great fun car/truck to drive

By on Friday, September 26, 2014

Pros: "see above"

Cons: "17mpg"

"the V6 has a lot of pickup, i have 223,000 miles and it handles better than most new cars on the switchbacks, good acceleration. have had the care for 4yrs now and relatively no problems"

Just need a tune up

By on Sunday, September 21, 2014

Pros: "3500"

Cons: "great truck"

"Just need a tune up"

BEST SUV EVER!!!

By on Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Pros: "Wonderful to drive and handles very nicely!"

"Best car I ever owned. The only work needed was regular maintenance. I have 245,000 miles and it's still going strong. Nissan Cars are the BEST!!!!!"

It's been a good car

By on Monday, July 28, 2014

Pros: "Dependable, good looking"

Cons: "Poor design on back seat fold down."

"I don't like the way that the back seat folds down.. You have to remove the seat portion, there is nowhere inside the car to store them, and then the back portion folds down, but not completely flat. Also the back seat is not real comfortable. Other little things, like the power supply covers are little plastic peices that do not stay in place, and the headliner has dropped down, I've always driven my cars for 10+ years and this is the first one I've had this issue with. It has been a good car for me though, gotten me over 125000 miles, lots of trips."

Greatest car I've ever owned

By on Monday, July 07, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, love off-roading"

Cons: "horrible gas milage (9mpg)"

"This car is amazing. I've owned this car since september, and absolutely love it. I take it off roading all the time, and am amazed at how well it handles. great all around vehicle, and will definitely own another one again."

Best, most reliable vehicle we've ever owned

By on Saturday, July 05, 2014

Pros: "Good price, very reliable"

Cons: "not comfortable or powerful enough for long trips"

"This has been the vehicle we've owned the longest. We love it, it's our everyday vehicle, best on gas and maneuvering into tight spots. We own other model vehicles and still love the XTerra the best!!"

encountered a lot of problems...

By on Wednesday, July 02, 2014

Pros: "good size, great for off-roading, cute exterior"

Cons: "everything else."

"I purchased this car after my sister got one and loved hers. I fell in love with mine shortly after buying, but the quality of the car progressively got worse. I never had an accident or wreck, yet the car started rattling and messing up. The alternator is shot and the transmission is in terrible condition. I can't stay at a drive thru without my car overheating in the 5 minutes it takes to pay for and receive my dinner. Overall, I wouldn't even recommend this car to my worst enemy."

Couldn't ask for a better vehicle

By on Sunday, June 29, 2014

Pros: "Most reliable, maintenance free vehicle I've owned"

Cons: "A/C is failing"

"The 2003 Nissan Xterra was by far the best SUV I have ever owned. Relatively maintenance free (besides the required oil and routine fluids being changed), this vehicle has been safe and reliable the entire time I've owned it. As the original owner, I put all the miles on it, from the 7 driving off the lot to the 238K now."

BUY IT! CAN'T GO WRONG WITH THIS TRUCK!

By on Tuesday, June 24, 2014

"Best vehicle I've owned. It comes with everything you need, nothing you don't. I will never want to sell this Xterra."

I love it

By on Friday, May 23, 2014

Pros: "seat size/height, comfort, radio, great in 4WD"

Cons: "poor mpg, too low horsepower"

"Bought it new in 2001. Am sorry it will need replacing in years to come since it is already 13 years old. Had very few problems. Have replaced all 4 window regulators finally. Back brakes at 68K. Tires at 60K. Love the height of the seats -- can easily slide in and out without the running boards. I love the cloth seat covers which are removable for washing. The Nissan stereo has tremendous speakers. The whole car can shake with the bass. My complaint is the lousy 16 mgp city/hwy. Goes 270 miles on a tank. Not very fast on the uptake, but I can come quick off the line with planning. During blizzards it went through 3ft drifts easily. I felt very safe in it. Never got stuck when others were mired down."

work horse

By on Sunday, May 11, 2014

Pros: "work horse"

Cons: "uncomfortable back seat"

"Bought this used and it has rarely failed me. It can tow 2300 lbs on the roughest terrain through mud and snow.It was driven daily up and down mountain roads through snow sleet and rain.This vehicle can take a beating and keep on running.I can imagine that these bought new must be woth the price.I got my moneys worth."

Perfect College Car

By on Monday, April 21, 2014

Pros: "Solid truck suspension, reliable, hauler"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"Bought this car two years ago with 165,000 miles on it for our older son and handed his Accord down to our younger son. This Xterra has been a wonderful car for college. It has plenty of interior room to haul all of his stuff back and forth, it's very solid due to it's Frontier truck frame, and it will go anywhere in any weather; it's been thru 12" snows with no issue. We have had no mechanical issues with it and the engine runs smooth as silk. Gas mileage could be better, but it's an acceptable tradeoff for the ruggedness, hauling capability, and 4WD."

Finding it Hard to Part With

By on Thursday, March 13, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, fun to drive, great 4x4, looks cool"

Cons: "Bad gas mileage, V-6 underpowered, soft steering"

"This was my second Nissan that I took over 120,000 miles. Regular maintenance and no major repairs for the 12 years I have owned it. This 5-spd still has original clutch. Rides as tight today as when I bought it, despite driving on so many OBX beaches that started rust in hard to fix places everywhere from salty air. Rust killed back bumper and radiator hangs by the hoses. Doesn't matter. Never ever had to realign the tires or replace any front end components. I stopped repairing wear/tear items I'd usually fix (pulsing brakes, grinding throwout bearing, AC clutch) two years back anticipating replacement but the thing just keeps going. It won't die. I love it and am finding it hard to choose a replacement."

great family car really enjoyed owning one.

By on Saturday, March 08, 2014

Pros: "price can come down a little but it's worth it,"

Cons: "a little rough to drive at times but it's an suv."

"When I bought this car it was with the intention of a family car and it fit the bill. My wife has been very happy with this car and would like to get another one, yet our family has grown to a need of a much bigger car so I have to let this one go with alot of reservations but I would really like to buy this car again. I'm glad to see that it does come with a v6 standard which I would like to have because the 4 cylinder just did not have the guts to really move this heavy car down the road yet it was good on milage still needed a little more power, so I think the v6 is a great choice for nissan to move it to, overall great car and great family car."

best vehicle i've owned

By on Saturday, February 15, 2014

Pros: "great in snow reliable"

Cons: "hard for old folks to get into"

"i love this car have had it for 9+ years i'm second owner and it drives great handles great tows great. only thing is it's harder for my mom and older people to get into and they have a really tough time getting into the back seat."

Great SUV! Love IT! Her:)

By on Saturday, December 21, 2013

"My daily commute to work & back(+)34 ml & more! Great vehicle, I hope that I can use it for long time!:)"

Buy One-Even Used!!

By on Wednesday, November 06, 2013

Pros: "solid Reliability"

Cons: "gas milage. passing power"

"I am the 2nd owner of this car. I bought it with 22000 miles on it. The truck has been solid!! I put a K&N Cool Air Intake and It made the pick-up and gas milage better. It also eliminated the knock when passing someone when using low grade gas. Over all I have about $2000 into the car since Ive bought it in 2004. Typical replacement parts such a the altenator, starter, timing belt and water pump were replaced after the 200K mark as a precationary measure. Had to drop $600 to repair the a/c but other than that this thing just keeps going. If you own this truck, use nothing but synthetic in the transmission and engine oil and change regulary. I do mine about every 5K miles. This by far has been the most reliable car I have ever owned. I typically drive more than 17k miles a year in Florida."

Best purchase ever made!

By on Saturday, October 19, 2013

Pros: "Great price, comfort, beautiful, safe"

Cons: "NONE"

"My SUV provides comfort and peace of mind. It is the best automobile I have ever owned and I have owned a handful of brand-new vehicles. It stands up to its name...time and time again! If well maintained this SUV is built to last forever. It still runs like the first day I drove it off the lot. I recommend the Xterra above all the rest in its class. So go ahead and test drive one...you won't be disappointed!"