2015 Nissan Versa Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $13,363 - $14,269.

Click on an icon below to access that browser�s download page.

Info valid for your area through 08/04/2016

10/7.8

7.6

Based on 162 Ratings for the 2012 - 2016 models.

7.6/10
    7.0/10
    7.6/10

Probably the least expensive transportation

By on Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Pros: "Very economical, I enjoy the manual transmission"

Cons: "Base model lacks power locks"

"I enjoy driving the manual transmission -- brings back my younger motorcycle days! Also, in our area, the "S" Versa with manual transmission was the least expensive. If you want a CVT transmission, or the hatchback, you pay several thousand dollars more. For those who mentioned the base model does not have a center arm rest, Amazon and Ebay have arm rests that fit in one of the rear cup holders and are actually quite secure! They also don't interfere with use of the hand brake. Cost is $30 - $70. Also, aftermarket remote door locks can be added. Fry's can do it. My 2016 Versa S is replacing a 2010 diesel VW Sportwagen, which cost me almost 3 times as much! The VW is lower to the ground -- hits bottom more often. My 3 kids report that there also is more room in the Versa backseat, although really tall people may hit their head in the back of the Versa. Steering, of course, is not as sure in the Versa. But it seems very nimble in parking and sharp turning situations. I haven't had to have the Versa repaired, but parts seem MUCH less than the VW. I had an air conditioning compressor go out on the VW -- $1,200 for parts and labor (I believe the parts cost was $700 or $900). I saw a Versa air conditioning compressor on Ebay for just $139!!! I liked my VW, but the repair costs were killing me!!! I'm quite impressed with Nissan's cheapest car! My previous experience with Nissan was a 1968 Datsun truck which I owned in the 1970's, and a Nissan truck which I owned in the early 1980's."

Not very impressed

By on Sunday, July 10, 2016

Pros: "Great gas miles"

Cons: "unstable in slightest breeze."

"I guess you get what you pay for. If you drive a lot it will save you a ton at the gas pump. I have the red versa s plus. No power locks or windows which is a big let down. Its not too bad on comfort but not recommended for long trips. It doesnt have a lot of go power. My biggest issue with this car is the slightest breeze and it will send you off the road. This is also true for driving behind semi's. Overall not bad for an inexpensive car."

Great little car -very fast,great pickup!

By on Friday, March 13, 2015

Pros: "Great fuel economy, great pickup climbing hills &"

"Easy to drive, very comfortable, seats five, fold down seats provide extra carrying space."

Great for the money

By on Saturday, November 19, 2011

"I bought this vehicle for my wife who travels over 30 miles to work. She loves it. I drive a 2006 Nissan Altima that is a better fit for me. I am 6'2" and 260lbs. The Verssa has a surprising amount of space especially the back seat and trunk. I like the fact that the car has anti lock brakes and stability anti skid electronic braking. Also it has 6 air bags so I feel it is safe for my wife. The ride is excellent and well damped. It is hard to believe this car only weighs 2500 lbs. My wife is not an aggressive driver and is getting a little over 43 miles per gallon. It has dramatically cut our fuel bill. A couple of complaints. One is you have to buy the top SL model to get the rear folding seats. Also there is no center arm rest. Lastly the cup holder in front of the shift hits my lower leg and is uncomfortable to the point that when I drive I must put a pillow between it and my leg. I really wish Nissan would address this annoyance. If you like good handling cars look elsewhere. The handling is competent and secure but not exciting. Other than that great little car. Very solid feel and good quality. For the money it is hard to beat. thanks for reading Ralph"

Great for gas mileage.

By on Thursday, August 30, 2012

Pros: "Great gas mileage, lots of interior room."

Cons: "Slow acceleration."

"I bought this car for the good gas mileage and reasonable price. I have been driving it for about 6 months, and overall I have been satisfied. I have averaged about 37 miles per gallon over the life of the car, and I have had no mechanical problems as of now. Although it is not the most stylish car on the road, it does not look bad. I would recommend this car to anyone who is looking to get great gas mileage at a reasonable price without purchasing a used car."