2014 Nissan Versa Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $11,498 - $11,879.

10/7.7

7.6

Based on 124 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

7.6/10
    6.9/10
    7.5/10

Good car for the money

By on Saturday, April 25, 2015

Pros: "fast turtle ok to to drive"

Cons: "Cup holders bad location, can't tow anything"

"My opinion is buy the s model only if your looking for transportation to point a to point b don't waste money on the upper trim levels for a higher price because it's not a big difference then the base model when you can buy a Sentra,corrola,fiesta for about the same price as a upper trim level versa. It's a GOOD CAR FOR A SIMPLE PERSON........end of story"

Gas tank too small. Road walks on Interstate

By on Thursday, April 23, 2015

Pros: "Comfortable inside."

Cons: "Gas Tank too small"

"Small gas tank. Must watch gage which goes from 1/2 full to empty just going around the blocK. Shakes and wobbles on highways unless pavement is very smooth. Does ride ok. Not uncomfortable. Basic sound system is fine."

love it

By on Monday, March 23, 2015

Pros: "very comfortable to seat, drive,and park"

Cons: "color,(black)Bad. Needs mirrors on vice,also to sm"

"I love my car.Except for the color(Black) Hard to keep clean"

Awesome vehicle with some character

By on Monday, March 16, 2015

Pros: "Great on gas, good stearing, nice power"

Cons: "Only has 1 arm rest, harder to work with on wind"

"Okay so we bought this vehicle last September because the old one had the transmission about to go! We paid 15 grand because our credit wasn't that great. Anyway first impression is it's a cute little brick red car and I know that Nissan's are dang reliable. When I opened the door, everything was spotless looking brand new. I did notice that the Versa SV only has one arm rest on the drivers side. Also the glove box isn't as big as you would think, but otherwise it's like any vehicle and the color on the inside was black. The trunk space is very spacious for the size of the vehicle. The gas gage is actually in the middle of the dashboard and electronic. I had a carfax and sure enough no problems to speak of that would persuade me not to buy it. I asked how many mpg's it would get, they said about 30 OH NO IT'S A LOT MORE! So we took it from Kansas to Indiana and back right before winter hit. The car worked like a dream! I also only had to use 50 bucks in gas total to get there and back! The suspension is fine, like any vehicle you hit a big enough pot hole you'll feel it. Our next trip was 6 months later to Arkansas, again that little car went just fine and went spent about the same amount to go there and back. The steering is very reliable, granted when the wind picks up then you have a tiny bit of an issue because it is a light weight vehicle it's not like a truck or anything, but it's got great power for a V4. If that little car can go through the Ozark mountains like nobodies business then I trust it. I'm a Nissan lover for life now!"

Best car ever, very convenient

By on Sunday, March 15, 2015

"Good for saving gas and reliabill car"

worst

By on Sunday, March 15, 2015

Pros: "worst"

Cons: "light weight, fuel on highways, pickup"

"I really did not like this car, shakes when windy...can't even drive above 55+mph average is not as listed on highways 10 gallons of fuel tank :O i'm gonna sale versa then gonna buy toyota camry - which i heard and read good about toyota versa. Thanks for reading"

Heat so bad, had to trade in.

By on Sunday, March 15, 2015

Reason: really poor heat windows constanly fog up

Pros: "Cheap, Nice radio in SL pkg. Roomy"

Cons: "Cheap, bad heat always cold, foggy windows."

"I know this is a cheap car, but the heat and foggy windows made this car a pain to drive. The heated seats took a long time. The radio in the SL model was very good, The engine is loud and slow. I do think for its size the back seat could fold flatter and have more hauling room. It however, did handle decent in the snow. The spare tire under the car, to me is a bad idea. After fighting with the heat, taking an hour to defrost the frost on the inside of the windows, constantly switching the heat from recirculate to outside, it became a battle of trying to stay almost comfortable, and to see out of the windows. Dealer said heat is working as designed could not fix. A nightmare to drive in winter... traded it in...very glad I did. I am now much happier. Also did not get the fuel economy I thought it would."

Great little car -very fast,great pickup!

By on Friday, March 13, 2015

Pros: "Great fuel economy, great pickup climbing hills &"

"Easy to drive, very comfortable, seats five, fold down seats provide extra carrying space."

Great on gas and reliable

By on Friday, February 20, 2015

Pros: "Roomy, great gas milage"

Cons: "no amenities, no power locks"

"I purchased this car in August 2013 and have since piled on 50,000 miles on it. The interior is roomy and can fit 4 larger people in it quite comfortably. I have the 5 speed S model and the lack of amenities do take some getting used to, especially the one key entry and no power locks. You can't even pop the trunk and need the key to open it manually. But overall I love this car. The manual transmission gets 35 mpg on average and most times I enjoy driving a manual. My advice: spend an extra 500 bucks or so to get a decent after market radio and 4 speakers (there are rear speaker slots that can be hooked up). Now I have bluetooth and and can enjoy my tunes."

Great for value

By on Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Pros: "Surprisingly spacious!"

Cons: "With only 109 hp don't expect much pop."

"Solid little car with all the features. Drives like a small car, therefore small car gas price! Came with all the lights and bells possible for a Versa Note. Have parked in many a tight spots with the 360 degree cameras!"

Great Commuter and Small Family Car (though basic)

By on Saturday, February 07, 2015

Pros: "Comfort, Room, MPG, Price"

Cons: "Not for people with Egos"

"I have been impressed overall. At this point, I've owned this car for 6 months and it has performed well. My budget was small - and when shopping for a car I knew only that I needed a comfortable car with good gas mileage. I also wanted a manual transmission to save money. I originally was looking used, but the Versa impressed me because it was a new car for used car money, so I took the bait. It is a great commuter car (I do 60 miles a day roundtrip and have been averaging between 38-39 mpg - though the computer says 42, my measurements calc @ 38-39). I also routinely take my kids (teens and preteens) to sporting events and there is plenty of room for both kids and gear. The thing to remember is that this is a basic car. You'll only be happy with it if you can live without a few things. For example, you don't get cruise control, there are only 2 speakers, and no remote key-fob entry, and no power locks. The windows are hand-cranked too. The back seat also doesn't fold down to increase the trunk for longer items (though the trunk is pretty big.) I've read other reviews about excessive noise and I don't find it that bad. It's louder than most, but not horribly so. On sandy roads you can hear the pinging of sand bits. Nothing to complain about. For me, none of this stuff is a big deal. On the plus side, you get everything you really need. It's got enough power for everyday (I admittedly can't race anyone at stoplights). The manual transmission is easy to shift. The seats are comfortable. The ride is smooth (not a Buick, but pretty darn good for a small car). There is a lot of interior room. I am 6'3" and can easily sit behind my own driving position comfortably (this was important because my kids will only grow). It comes standard with air conditioning, hands free radio, blue tooth (I find all very convenient). There are plenty of cup holders and enough storage spaces. Lastly, the car just rides nice. Again, I'm sure there are better riding cars(and better handling cars), but the Versa is still good. It is even very good in the snow (nice for New England winters) - it just crawls through unplowed roads without much fuss (no Jeep,but still good). Overall, the Versa is a real good car. Just leave your ego at the door. If you can do that, you'll enjoy a good little machine."

Reliable, comfortable, some bells & whistles in SL

By on Friday, February 06, 2015

I want this car

Pros: "Reliable, roomy, excellent gas mileage"

Cons: "Loud at high speeds, some buffeting in strong wind"

"I've driven 60k miles in my 2012 Versa S+ and have been very pleased overall. I want to upgrade to an SL which has more comfortable seats, electric windows & locks, premium audio system, blue tooth, GPS and fog lights. The S+ lacks these extra features. My experience with the Versa has been very positive as far as overall performance goes. Some have complained that it's loud at high speeds and this doesn't bother me, except when I'm giving my GPS voice commands and it doesn't understand because of the ambient noise. The Versa is roomy in the cabin and the trunk. I do a lot of freeway driving and it handles well there unless you're really close to a semi or hit strong wind gusts and then you feel a little buffeting but not it's not that bad. Pickup isn't great but it's adequate on freeway ramps and for passing. If you're looking for a sports car, this isn't it, but the Versa is fun to drive and it gets excellent gas mileage. I've gotten 45-50 mpg on a straight flat road while driving 55 mph. I was looking for an inexpensive car that was reliable, roomy and great on gas, and this is it."

Budget commuter

By on Monday, February 02, 2015

Pros: "low price, good gas mileage"

Cons: "lack of power, loud, cheap interior"

"I bought my Versa S brand new. First let me start with the good. Its GREAT on gas (41mpg highway @ 60mph), reliable, and it has decent room inside for being a small car. The bads: Cheap, cheap interior. So much plastic everywhere! VERY underpowered at 109hp which isnt an issue in stop & go traffic but it is a problem when entering the expressway and merging. Engine is also very loud. When going above 60mph the car starts getting "floaty" because it sits high and has NARROW 15x5.5 wheels. bottom line: If your looking for a small car thats reliable, affordable, and gets good gas mileage the Versa is great. I would not recommend for travel or if you do a lot of expressway/highway driving. Get something with more power."

LOUDest car I've ever driven and I'm 60!

By on Saturday, January 31, 2015

Pros: "Roomy, reasonable visability."

Cons: "LOUD: Very, very loud motor."

"My mother sold me this car after she had it for 2 years, claiming it was too noisy. I had no idea what she meant at the time, but do now. It is a very easy car to drive, roomy and reasonable viewing. However, it is extremely noisy and not available with a larger motor. Either it is not insulated well, or the motor is undersized for the car. I have no idea, but am selling it now and would not recommend it to anyone except for guest, kids, or someone with no hearing."

Super Spacious Car

By on Friday, January 30, 2015

Pros: "Leg room, great price, easy handling"

Cons: "Takes awhile to heat up, no lights on door buttons"

"I just bought my Versa Note 3 weeks ago, but rented it twice last year, and fell in love with this car. My first impression driving it last summer was that it's the "perfect zip around town car." With a recent blizzard, that's been harder to do, but still the Note handles quite well on snow-covered roads. It has plenty of leg room, both front and back~the hatchback is also quite roomy. I have the SV model, so the back-up camera is a plus, along with Bluetooth for hands-free calling, and pull-out extensions on the sun visors. As one who pays attention to detail, a lot of detail and thought went into the design...exterior with a sleek, sporty front-end grille and wheelcovers, and 7 windows for greater visibility; interior with a stylish fabric pattern and spacious seating for 5 adults (more back-seat room than my son's Lexus & my daughter's Fusion). I'm not into frills or fast cars, so this car is perfect for me!"

Nice reliable car.

By on Saturday, January 03, 2015

Pros: "great price, easy to operate, never any problems."

Cons: "stick shift, no cruise control, etc."

"Driven it like crazy (39000 miles in the first 20 months) but it never has any issues. A simple, easy, fun, clean car. No frills, but who needs frills? Who needs a luxury brand car except people that care too much about their image?"

nice equipment level for the price boring but very

By on Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Pros: "great milage heated seats quiet"

Cons: "horrible radio some cheap parts"

"user friendly"

Disappointed

By on Thursday, November 13, 2014

Pros: "+Legroom in back. Unique color. Easy to maneuver"

Cons: "mileage not as advertised, doors lock til key out"

"We bought the Versa Note for its fuel efficiency but we've had it 11 months and have only gotten the advertised 40 MPG once and that was with a tailwind! We do lots of long distance driving so wanted a car with good gas mileage. We miss deep shelves for storing CDs etc. & a spot for sunglasses & other small items. I hate the fact that I have to take the key out of the ignition in order to open the door. I would not buy this car again."

Best little 40mpg car you could ask for.

By on Saturday, November 08, 2014

Pros: "good price, great gas mileage, good looks"

Cons: "seats are uncomfortable in front,"

"Love the way the car looks and handles. Only thing I would change are better or wider front seats. the way they wrap around you are good if you're only 5'5 and 110 - 125 lbs."

Happy Wife's Note

By on Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Pros: "great price, "Versa"tility, mileage"

Cons: "needs lighted door buttons"

"I like the cost, and my wife likes the colors and the fact it was affordable even with all available options purchased. It drives very good with super MPGs and with the hatchback it has decent room for lots of things. My only disappointment is that all the switches on the door do not light up, only the drivers window button, it makes it hard to exit at night as it has automatic locking."

Good Gas Mileage

By on Sunday, October 05, 2014

Pros: "Small,but mighty in appointmts. & all it can do"

Cons: "See ccomplete review."

"Could have more comfort in seat cushioning and at least a three position arm rest choice. Slow on start up from a complete stop. But great from then on. Difficult tilt wheel. Great little car with hatchback access that holds much. Just remember to use a good cushion on your seat for long trips. Back up camera fades out in bright sunlight rendering it useless. Easy driving with even easier pull in parking in small spaces. Driver and one front seat passenger accommadated on long trips with all back seats down holding luggage, etc in hatchback area."

great car

By on Monday, September 29, 2014

Pros: "great mileage, great handling, good price"

Cons: "long to heat up, driving position, standard featue"

"this car drives great, handles good in the snow. the mileage is good for how spacious the car is. the standard features are fairly adequate but disappointing for a car of this year(no cruise, no satellite, no bluetooth) my gfs car is base kia and 2 years older and her car trumps mine feature wise. the heat takes the longest to kick in out of all my snow driven vehicles in my life(Ranger, Saturn,gf kia soul, impala). but the good of this car far outweighs the negative."

Very happy, so far

By on Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Pros: "highest mpg and most room of comparable cars"

"I bought this car about 6 weeks ago and have put a little over 3000 miles on it so far. I was a little nervous about the CVT, but I am really enjoying it. The engine noise is significantly less than with a traditional automatic transmission and there is no jerk from shifting. I had read several reviews that complained about slow acceleration, but compared to other 4 cylinder autos I think it is fairly impressive. It definitely outperforms my 09 Toyota Yaris. The gas mileage has been from 38.5 to 40.5, doing best on the highway at about 60 mpg and staying around 38.5 on the interstate. The issues that I have noticed so far are 1 when you turn the defroster on the a/c comes on (this is normal for virtually all car models) but it doesn't turn off when you switch back to the vent, so you have to turn the a/c off manually 2 the intermittent wiper speed is not adjustable I am liking this car more and more each time I drive it. I just wish I hadn't wasted so much time considering other cars before I bought this one."

Really like it

By on Saturday, September 20, 2014

"Bought this as my first car, as the versa's price is pretty much the cheapest for a new car on the market. I really do like it, its great for me! I'm a college student so having good gas mileage is a necessity for me as I drive back and forth from school and home. Love the fact that it has Bluetooth and the backseats have a lot more room than I would expect! I also like the spoiler on the back of the car, its cute! It does take a while to pick up though, but that might just be because I am used to driving a van that was a v6. Overall I'm really happy I chose this as my first car to buy, and I really hope it stays in good shape for a long time!!"

Decent car for what it is.

By on Thursday, September 11, 2014

Pros: "See "complete review"."

Cons: "See "complete review"."

"I purchased this car after being in an accident where I was hit in the back and the insurance company decided to total my car. I did not want to make car payments so I was looking for the least expensive new car I could find and that turned out to be the Nissan Versa S. I have been driving the car for about a month and what I can say is that the car starts every time I turn the ignition and it gets me where I want to go. It is surprisingly roomy as far as head room and room in the back. This car has a 5 speed manual transmission and I find that I drive in 5th gear most of the time as it get to over 3K RPM's by the time you are doing 40 MPH in 4th gear. The car after 3 fuel fill ups is averaging about 35 MPG combined highway and city. Now let me describe the down side of owing this car. This trim besides the A/C, Bluetooth and steering wheel controls for the stereo has no common amenities you would expect in any car made in the past 20 years by a major car company. It has no center storage console or any nice little storage place for things like sunglasses. It does have a crazy deep glove compartment where anything you put in it gets lost. It does not have a trunk release (key only). It has one key lock on the drivers door which makes locking and unlocking the back doors very difficult, especially the way the door locks are designed being put near the inside door handle. The thing that is taking the most getting use to for me is how the gas peddle is so close to the center dashboard column, my right leg rests against this column while driving and it is just not very comfortable. I would have purchased power door locks if that were an option on this trim model but I would have had to go up 2 trim models to get this one feature and I didn't want to pay an extra $3,000 - $4,000 since the goal was to pay as little as possible. I am going to put in some after market power door locks and trunk release to make the car a bit nicer to drive. I am also experimenting with after market center consoles for storage and an arm rest. I also found an interesting little device that fits in a cup holder that has 2 USB ports and 2 12 volt power ports that I can plug into the one existing power port behind the hand brake. It was almost like the people that engineered this car went out of their way to take out any and all of the little amenities that most of us take for grant it in any car. Even the steering wheel controls are ergonomically so badly placed to make them almost unusable. I would have given up those controls and the Bluetooth in a second for what I consider the standard amenities that I have described. All in all the car works for transportation to get from point A to point B but if you drive a lot I would not recommend it, at least not this low end S trim model as it lacks almost any of the creature comforts that most of us spoiled Americans have come to expect in a new car."