2014 Nissan Versa Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $11,375 - $11,742.

10/7.7

7.6

Based on 122 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

7.6/10
    7.0/10
    7.5/10

OK Commuter Car. Will Drive You Crazy

By on Saturday, April 13, 2013

Pros: "Roomy Interior, Price, Fuel Consumption, Highway"

Cons: "CVT, Driving Characteristics, Annoying"

"The CVT is a dream at freeway speeds. Around town it is jerky, awkward, unresponsive, annoying, confused, and overall gutless. It is so bad I am trying to trade it in. You hit the gas and it does nothing and then, at some random point, decides to kick in and scream and yell and goes abosultely nowhere in the process. The interior is roomy and comfortable for the average commuter. Fuel consumption is around 27 around town and 35-38 on the highway. The Atlima is a pleasant experience with their CVT. This car is not and you will curse the day you succumed to a good deal when trying to get in-and-out of traffic in the city."

Great car!!

By on Monday, April 08, 2013

Pros: "Economical, Practical and Different"

Cons: "Radio"

"37 MPG!!! Researched and test drove the Civic, the Fit and the Yaris. The Versa drove and felt like none of them. It was different in a good way. Good steering, descent acceleration and quiet on the road. It is not very luxurious but I knew that going in so the number rating is reflective of my view in that area. The looks are different but not necessarily a bad thing since all you see now-a-days are the Camry or Corolla. The car feels like the designers actually put some thought into it. Definitely recommend you test before deciding."

Great little car

By on Sunday, March 31, 2013

Pros: "Great value, roomy, huge trunk"

Cons: "Not the quickest car on the planet"

"I bought my 2013 Versa at the fist of Feb and have put almost 5000 miles on it. The main reason I got the car was the gas milage and the inexpensive cost. I drive roughly 500 to 600 miles a week and wanted something for the milage and I haven't been disappointed. I'm getting right at 40 mpg. Another big plus to the car is the fact that I'm 6" and 260 pounds I've got all kinds of room. I plan on driving this car for a long long time...that is unless my daughter takes it over. She just went back to college in it. She likes the fact that it only takes about $35.00 to fill it up verses the $65.00 to fill up her Maxima. She also like the fact that the trunk was big enough for them to get all their stuff (and that was 2 huge duffle bags, 2 smaller bags, a large box of food and other stuff). Now for the cons of the car, it's no rocket but once at highway speed it does just fine. The passager seat could use an armrest too. Other than that I haven't found any other problems. All in all this is a great little car and highly recommend it to anyone looking for a very economical car to drive."

Typical run of the mill, basic car

By on Friday, March 22, 2013

Pros: "Basic"

Cons: "Not worth the paper it's written on."

"This is the 3rd Versa i've owned. My 1st Versa was a 2008 Nissan CPO Versa Hatchback. Had to return it for a new 2010 Versa hatchback. In 2011, i traded it in for a 2011 Nissan Sentra sedan. Unfortunately, this car was totaled in a wreck caused by another driver. In March of 2012, i went back to the Versa and got a 2012 model."

Comfortable for 6'2" and 240 lbs - but that's it

By on Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Pros: "Value and Comfort"

Cons: "Driving performance"

"I've had my 2012 Versa Hatchback Special Edition for a year now, the car is comfortable, but that's about it. I'm 6'2" - 240 lbs and fit, but tall passengers hit their knee on the corner of the control console. Not great acceleration, good amount of body roll in turns, and requires a lot of control in the wind. The transmission shifts slowly and going up hills gets to be annoying (Auto, no CVT). Plenty of head room, leg room, and luggage space for two people. The glove box is a good size to make up for the lack of other cargo space. The car gets me where I need to go with out any driving thrills, but in comfort."