• 2014 Compact Cars

2014 Nissan Versa Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $15,607 - $16,008.

10/7.7

7.6

Based on 77 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

7.6/10
    6.8/10
    7.3/10
Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

A good value, but not without compromises

By on Sunday, December 29, 2013

Pros: "MPG, Interior Space and Comfort"

Cons: "Cheap/Ugly Interior, Road Noise, Trans. Behavior"

"I bought my 2012 Versa SV in July of '12. I wanted to spend the least amount of money on a new subcompact, without sacrificing comfort, space, reliability and quality. The seat is very comfortable. The ride is stable, yet comfortable. Engine noise is pretty quiet for a subcompact. Road noise is tolerable, except at interstate speeds when it's so bad you really have to crank up the stereo to hear your tunes. I find the steering wheel desperately needs a telescopic feature. It's fixed too far away. The steering is also overly light and sensitive. It feels very twitching on the interstate, making it hard to keep in a straight line. Given the car's light weight, the handling is quite good and responsive, although it won't be mistake for a sports car due to the tall and narrow body. I find the power perfectly adequate, even a bit impressive, for a subcompact car with only 109hp. My biggest complaint is the transmission. It behaves crudely. It makes strange noises, hesitates badly when accelerating, shudders, and is jerky at low speeds. Nissan seriously needs to do something about this transmission. It's quite unpleasant. I've figured out its behavior, so I've learned how to modulate my throttle foot to avoid the unpleasant characteristics as much as possible. I should be driving the car though. The car shouldn't be driving me! I drove a 2014 Sentra as a rental and the CVT in that car is a million times better. No jerkiness, shuddering, or hesitation. Disappointingly, I didn't enjoy driving the Sentra as much as my Versa, which feels roomier inside and is far more comfortable. My Versa has had some quality/reliability problems. The catalytic converter heat shield fell off. The dealer said the tabs holding it on had broken off. No clue why. Dealer replace under warranty. The front suspension has been making squeaking noises over big humps (such as speed humps) since about 10k miles. No resolution from the dealer. Now there's an unpleasant grinding kind of noise at about 1700 RPM when I'm accelerating. I can't tell if it's the engine or transmission. I'm hoping its nothing to worry about. I'm hoping the long-term reliability proves to be good. I don't want this car to sour my positive impression of the Nissan brand or the Versa. I'd like to get the hatchback for my next car. If you can get used the CVT in this car, it's a nice little car to own. It's comfortable and cheap to run. You can easily fit a family of 4, no problem. The trunk is huge for a subcompact at 14 cubic feet. It's a good value overall. I do recommend this car to people who shop for a car with their head rather than their heart."

This is not a reliable Car

By on Saturday, December 28, 2013

Pros: "worse car I ever owned"

Cons: "would never buy another nissan & fourth nissan"

"At 36000 miles and it is a 2012 , guess what the transmission went at this milage. This was shortly after inspection. It started when the acceleration problem, and the car would shift up & down while cruising on the highway. Then we took it back to dealership and the transmission was shot. Everyone that is having acceleration problems get your transmission checked. The dealership knows about this problem & still sells the car. We purchased this car brand new thinking that we received a reliable car. What a piece of junk. If you want a reliable built car this is not the car you want."

Fun exerpience!

By on Monday, December 23, 2013

Pros: "fair price, responsive, lots of interior space"

Cons: "slow acceleration, plain interior"

"This car is so far been an positive experience. It's my daily driver and the handling and agility of this car surprises me every time i drive it. I really like the exterior look of the vehicle too, it has a sporty but compact look. the interior design is pretty simple, not much character to the car, interior wise. other than that its a response car. the only negative thing about this car is its acceleration. If you're looking for a fast car this is not the car, other than that this car is a blast to drive!"

best value on the market for a small car.

By on Sunday, December 22, 2013

Pros: "value economy"

Cons: "no rear speakers or trunk light"

"Drives like a much larger car. Traded for identical 2014 after putting 51,000 miles on it. 36 mpg pulling a trailer!!!!"

I will only own versas

By on Friday, December 20, 2013

Pros: "incredible gas milage"

Cons: "No center console."

"I love my car. I think it's very comfortable. For someone who is bigger may not find it quite as comfortable. Long drives are pleasant, and very little road noise. This car is amazing purchase and will not buy anything else. If you looking for a small compacted car that is perfect then look no further because this is it."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25