• 2014 Compact Car Buyer's Guide

2014 Nissan Versa Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $15,513 - $15,964.

10/7.7

7.7

Based on 92 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

7.6/10
    6.8/10
    7.3/10

NOT A HAPPY CAMPER

By on Sunday, July 22, 2012

Pros: "Drives nice"

Cons: "Sucks on gas for me, can't handle the Az heat"

"I bought this car in April 2012 with 400 miles on it. It wasn't even the car I test drove. The car I test drove was silver with only 100 miles on it. This car was black with tinted windows. I was given the option to change it but chose not to since my other car was black. Anyway since I have had this car I have not been happy with the gas mileage. I DO NOT drive like a mad woman. I drive 70 in a 65 DO NOT slam on the breaks etc. I get 21mpg The manufacturer says it should get 32/24. Once again I get 21mpg's which means I get approx. 300 to the tank. I keep being told give it till the 5,000 mark well it's there and still no differnce. Now I have another problem..... I live in Arizona where temps reach 120 degrees during the summer. This car can't keep up with the heat. I have to leave the windows cracked, make sure to put my sun visor up. I can be drivng for 30 minutes and it still has barely cooled down. I had a 2008 PT Cruiser which was black as well with NO tint on the windows and it took no time @ all to have COOL/COLD air. This car is parked under the car port all day I work nights so the only time it's not under the car port is when I'm out and about which isn't much cause the darn thing gets to hot and won't cool down! So far I would NEVER own another Versa probably never another Nissan at the rate this is going."

Good car for what it is

By on Friday, July 13, 2012

Pros: "Low cost of ownership, interior size, CVT tranny"

Cons: "no pass door key hole, seat materials"

"I bought my 2012 Nissan Versa S with the CVT for cheap transportation, nothing more or less. My other car is a 2004 F-350 Supercab 4x4 that I also bought new 8 years ago and now it has almost 200,000 mi. Gas was killing me in my truck"

It's all about the MPG's ~ oh and it's cute too

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Pros: "MPG ~ Price ~ Roomy ~ Looks"

Cons: "A little loud, the CVT takes some getting used to"

2012 Nissa Versa ~ Windows just tinted

"I purchased my 2012 Nissan Versa VS in November 2011 as a commuter car. I currently own a Honda Pilot but with driving 75 miles per day @ 17 mpg it was expensive. With my Versa, I am averaging 38.1 mpg - it’s amazing! The things that I love: the MPG’s of course, price, roominess of the interior (my husband is 6’6” and fits in the front and back seats) the trunk space, Bluetooth, being able to play MP3’s, adaptor for the IPhone/IPod, the look and did I mention the MPG’s? The cons: a little loud (I wear two hearing aides so this is an issue in most cars for me), the CVT takes some getting used to at the 15 mph mark but once you get the hang of it, you are good to go, takes off a little slower when you are used to more power but I cruise at 70 mph on the expressway with no problems. You experience a little more wind resistance / movement than a larger, heavier car. Overall I have been very happy with my Versa and would recommend to friends and family looking to drive on a budget and still have a stylish car."

2012 Nissa Versa ~ Windows just tinted

Very Happy So Far

By on Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Pros: "Low price, great gas mileage, very roomy."

Cons: "Vulnerable to crosswinds, jerky transmission."

"I bought the 2012 Versa S sedan in December 2011 and have been driving it daily for the past six months. Most weekdays, I have a 70-mile round-trip commute. Overall, I'm very happy with it so far. I'm averaging about 36 mpg combined city and highway, which is great. For a compact car, the interior is well designed and roomy, and the trunk is huge. The car has enough power to comfortably cruise along on the highway at 70 mph, and I have no problems getting up some of the steep hills around my house. As others have noted, you can definitely feel crosswinds in this car. The transmission is also a little jerky, particularly at very low speeds. I've gotten used to both these eccentricities, however, and don't really consider them major flaws. I'd definitely buy this car again."

Very Happy So Far

By on Sunday, June 03, 2012

Pros: "Low price, great gas mileage, very roomy."

Cons: "Vulnerable to crosswinds, jerky transmission."

See if you qualify for