• 2014 Compact Car Buyer's Guide

2014 Nissan Versa Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $14,806 - $15,211.

10/7.7

7.7

Based on 90 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

7.6/10
    6.9/10
    7.3/10
Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

Great little car

By on Sunday, March 31, 2013

Pros: "Great value, roomy, huge trunk"

Cons: "Not the quickest car on the planet"

"I bought my 2013 Versa at the fist of Feb and have put almost 5000 miles on it. The main reason I got the car was the gas milage and the inexpensive cost. I drive roughly 500 to 600 miles a week and wanted something for the milage and I haven't been disappointed. I'm getting right at 40 mpg. Another big plus to the car is the fact that I'm 6" and 260 pounds I've got all kinds of room. I plan on driving this car for a long long time...that is unless my daughter takes it over. She just went back to college in it. She likes the fact that it only takes about $35.00 to fill it up verses the $65.00 to fill up her Maxima. She also like the fact that the trunk was big enough for them to get all their stuff (and that was 2 huge duffle bags, 2 smaller bags, a large box of food and other stuff). Now for the cons of the car, it's no rocket but once at highway speed it does just fine. The passager seat could use an armrest too. Other than that I haven't found any other problems. All in all this is a great little car and highly recommend it to anyone looking for a very economical car to drive."

Typical run of the mill, basic car

By on Friday, March 22, 2013

Pros: "Basic"

Cons: "Not worth the paper it's written on."

"This is the 3rd Versa i've owned. My 1st Versa was a 2008 Nissan CPO Versa Hatchback. Had to return it for a new 2010 Versa hatchback. In 2011, i traded it in for a 2011 Nissan Sentra sedan. Unfortunately, this car was totaled in a wreck caused by another driver. In March of 2012, i went back to the Versa and got a 2012 model."

Comfortable for 6'2" and 240 lbs - but that's it

By on Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Pros: "Value and Comfort"

Cons: "Driving performance"

"I've had my 2012 Versa Hatchback Special Edition for a year now, the car is comfortable, but that's about it. I'm 6'2" - 240 lbs and fit, but tall passengers hit their knee on the corner of the control console. Not great acceleration, good amount of body roll in turns, and requires a lot of control in the wind. The transmission shifts slowly and going up hills gets to be annoying (Auto, no CVT). Plenty of head room, leg room, and luggage space for two people. The glove box is a good size to make up for the lack of other cargo space. The car gets me where I need to go with out any driving thrills, but in comfort."

Super Mileage - Roomy Comfortable Car

By on Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Pros: "Super Mileage- Great Value - Roomy and Comfortable"

Cons: "Could use arm rest, Not a fast car but so what!"

"After purchasing last November we took a drive to Laughlin Nv from Apple Valley Ca. Hoping for mileage of 40 or better I was disappointed with 39.8 mpg. Yesterday I repeated the trip but set the cruise at 60 mph. The same trip driven at 60 got me 50.3 mpg. I extended the trip to 650 miles, which included lots of mountain driving, including three mountain passes. The average mileage for the entire trip was 44.1."

Best comute, friendly car

By on Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Pros: "great price"

"this is the most safety,gas saver,friendly car. I recomend this car..is the best nissan innovation.."

Got the Hatchback Versa - Fantastic VALUE !!!!

By on Saturday, February 02, 2013

Pros: "HUGE interior, Great gas mileage, Low price"

Cons: "A little slow when the light 1st turns green"

"I took delivery 1 week ago of a new 2012 Versa HB and I love it. I wanted payments under $250/month and got them, (with just my 11 yr old Pontiac trade as the down money) and this "small car" is HUGE on the inside. I'm 6 ft tall, and my tall teens can sit in the back and still have plenty of room. I love the 27 MPG in town, the comfort, the room, and I have bluetooth, aluminum wheels, stereo controls on the leather wrapped steering wheel, ABS, and 6 airbags for saftey. The ONLY con is that the car is a little slow when the light turns green, but once you get going it's fine."

Great Commuter Car; CVT Takes A Bit To Get Used To

By on Friday, February 01, 2013

Pros: "Mileage, inexpensive price. Cheap commuter."

Cons: "Loud CVT and not much power with four passengers"

"The Versa is a good secondary around the town car. The 2012 with CVT is rated at 38 mpg highway and that is very accurate. The Versa gets a bad marketing rap, but for commuting it is excellent. Why would you buy a hybrid when you can get high mileage with a very inexpensive vehicle? Just a side point: do your research and go drive a Nissan Juke also for comparison...because the bizarre part is the Versa and the Juke are the same based under-carriage and CVT transmission; however Juke has the same engine size but is turbocharged. I found this very bizarre, was thinking about the Juke initially, but since this was just going to be a commuter car, went the most inexpensive route."

great cheap car

By on Monday, January 21, 2013

Pros: "great gas mileage"

Cons: "no hangers brackets for dry cleaning"

"I love this car i had a honda civic before this car and it did around 35 to 37 miles per gallon.This car has been giving me an average of 38 to 43 and it drives great, its very comfortable driving long distance. I drive around 1000 miles a week."

Why the bad reviews

By on Sunday, December 30, 2012

Pros: "Very reliable and economical"

Cons: "Not the best gas mileage, but not bad."

"I have a 2010 Nissan Versa. It gets universally bad reviews. Frankly, I bought it because it was cheap. Still, I have driven it four three years. It has been rock solid, nothing has ever broken. It gets reasonable mileage. I have the hatchback and it has an enormous amount of space. What more do you want? I bought it for $14,300 and got 1% financing from Nissan. Every other car in the class was at least $5,000 more and wouldn't give me the financing."

The best new car for 12k!

By on Sunday, December 30, 2012

Pros: "fuel mileage; huge trunk/seating"

Cons: "none for price"

"We bought the base stick shift in late '11 for my wife's 80 mile a day commute. It has delivered - 38-44 miles to the gallon on the highway/interstate and 34 or so in the city. It runs great, and even the base model has AC and cd player with aux port. It looks great, even with the small stock tires. The engine and road noise are high over 60, but really folks, what do you want for a brand new car with a factory warranty, excellent mileage, and pretty cool looks for 12K? So you have to manually roll down the windows and lock the doors - so what. The rear seating is HUGE as well as the trunk. So reliable, zero problems, pretty fun to drive. This is also more like a family car - we were so comfy in several 1000 mile trips with that huge back seat. GET IT - best deal on a car ever!"

I bought two 2013 Nissan Versa at one time,

By on Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Pros: "Great price, good mpg, decent warranty, big trunk"

Cons: "No armrest, poor accelleration (if you like speed)"

"I bought two 2013 Nissan Versa at the same for less than the cost of a mid-size sedan,(offcourse they gave me a good deal,one reason is to be just honest). Great cars, awesome roomy interior(I am 6'2/275), average 38mpg, I have the manual 5 speed, the other 32 mpg 4-speed automatic. If you are thinking about buying a car, this a fun,simple, reliable, non-flashy ,unoticeable, roomy, comformtable, clean car that will get you from A to B with a family of four, I say give it a look, do you research and think about what you really need and not what you really want."

I love it!

By on Monday, November 19, 2012

Pros: "Great gas mileage, smooth ride"

Cons: "no arm rest"

"Got this car for a long commute and I drive over 50 miles a day five days a week and I love that I only have to fill up every 2 weeks. THe gas mileage is great"

one of my favorites

By on Monday, October 22, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "no console"

"cute and bigger inside than it looks. Enjoy the car."

2013 sedan sv awesome and flawless

By on Monday, October 22, 2012

Pros: "great price fun to drive great mpg nice design"

Cons: "could be more attractive"

"I was concerned about purchasing this because of the 3 year warranty/ 5 year warranty compared to the kia/rio's 5/10 year warranties as well as the more hp and torque of the kiario's vehicles but the versa is spectacular it gives a smoother drive, since i test drove all i chose the versa because it gave me the best ride. acceleration was good when i floor it and mpg is even better. cvt compared to the auto trannys the others have might lag slightly less but with gas prices sky rocketing in la, nearly every other month, its the best option. the handling and braking is a lot better too. hyundai accents and kia rios are good cars too just not as good, the ford fiesta does not compare to those as well as the chevys lower priced models. if you are going to buy a car thats economical like the nissan versa i suggest you decide which of the three, versa, accent and rio, you see yourself and which you feel more comfortable in i found my comfort in the versa and you might too. bought it a few days ago at 16 miles been driving it as much as possible."

2012 Nissan Versa - Nice Ride & looks good!

By on Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Pros: "HUGE back seat, great looks on the 2012 sedan."

Cons: "No center armrest & cheap sun visor or the 2012."

"We just bought 1 week ago a 2012 Nissan Versa SV sedan with sand color interior & magnetic gray paint color & it looks real sharp. I drive a 2009 Versa S hatchback which we bought new & have driven it every day to work with no problems & no visits to the repair shop for anything except oil changes & tire rotation. I wanted to buy a 2012 Hyundai Accent but they are $2000 more & the dealer wouldn't deal on 2013's but the Nissan dealer still had some 2012 Versa so made a deal. The main #1 feature of the Versa is that HUGE back seat leg room which can accomodate both of my 6ft tall sons."

Such an easy car to drive

By on Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Pros: "40+ real world mpg, rear leg room, 6 cup holders"

Cons: "performance, no arm rest, no auto trunk release"

"Versa sedan was the best subcompact we could find for fuel efficiency, roominess and comfort. Averaging 40 mpg combined city/highway. Enough rear legroom for 2 adults- definitely best in class. Seats are high up with lots of headroom, so excellent visibility. The Versa is not stylish, nor does it have the performance of a Fiesta, Sonic, Accent/Rio, etc. The little engine and CVT take awhile to accelerate. But if you want a car that can comfortably fit 4 people with excellent gas mileage and reliability for $12- $15K, there really is nothing else that compares."

Great for gas mileage.

By on Thursday, August 30, 2012

Pros: "Great gas mileage, lots of interior room."

Cons: "Slow acceleration."

"I bought this car for the good gas mileage and reasonable price. I have been driving it for about 6 months, and overall I have been satisfied. I have averaged about 37 miles per gallon over the life of the car, and I have had no mechanical problems as of now. Although it is not the most stylish car on the road, it does not look bad. I would recommend this car to anyone who is looking to get great gas mileage at a reasonable price without purchasing a used car."

Good Quality and Driving Dynamics - Bad Ergonomics

By on Monday, August 06, 2012

I don't own this car

Pros: "build quality, fuel economy"

Cons: "ergonomics, ergonomics, ergonomics, looks"

"I'm 6'1" and 165 LBS and typically don't have any trouble fitting comfortably into small cars - I recently rented a Versa for a sales trip and was very frustrated with the placement of the center console, steering wheel, seat adjustments etc... I was way to close to the Pedals, and somehow very far away from the steering wheel at the same time. The center console juts into the legroom area very awkwardly and caused great discomfort during my 4hr drive. If you are under 5'7", this would be an amazing car for you, but don't buy it if you taller than that... Otherwise the car drove extremely well, cornered well, got great gas mileage, power was adequate, overall quality seemed well above average, etc... Hope this helps!"

NOT A HAPPY CAMPER

By on Sunday, July 22, 2012

Pros: "Drives nice"

Cons: "Sucks on gas for me, can't handle the Az heat"

"I bought this car in April 2012 with 400 miles on it. It wasn't even the car I test drove. The car I test drove was silver with only 100 miles on it. This car was black with tinted windows. I was given the option to change it but chose not to since my other car was black. Anyway since I have had this car I have not been happy with the gas mileage. I DO NOT drive like a mad woman. I drive 70 in a 65 DO NOT slam on the breaks etc. I get 21mpg The manufacturer says it should get 32/24. Once again I get 21mpg's which means I get approx. 300 to the tank. I keep being told give it till the 5,000 mark well it's there and still no differnce. Now I have another problem..... I live in Arizona where temps reach 120 degrees during the summer. This car can't keep up with the heat. I have to leave the windows cracked, make sure to put my sun visor up. I can be drivng for 30 minutes and it still has barely cooled down. I had a 2008 PT Cruiser which was black as well with NO tint on the windows and it took no time @ all to have COOL/COLD air. This car is parked under the car port all day I work nights so the only time it's not under the car port is when I'm out and about which isn't much cause the darn thing gets to hot and won't cool down! So far I would NEVER own another Versa probably never another Nissan at the rate this is going."

Good car for what it is

By on Friday, July 13, 2012

Pros: "Low cost of ownership, interior size, CVT tranny"

Cons: "no pass door key hole, seat materials"

"I bought my 2012 Nissan Versa S with the CVT for cheap transportation, nothing more or less. My other car is a 2004 F-350 Supercab 4x4 that I also bought new 8 years ago and now it has almost 200,000 mi. Gas was killing me in my truck"

It's all about the MPG's ~ oh and it's cute too

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Pros: "MPG ~ Price ~ Roomy ~ Looks"

Cons: "A little loud, the CVT takes some getting used to"

2012 Nissa Versa ~ Windows just tinted

"I purchased my 2012 Nissan Versa VS in November 2011 as a commuter car. I currently own a Honda Pilot but with driving 75 miles per day @ 17 mpg it was expensive. With my Versa, I am averaging 38.1 mpg - it’s amazing! The things that I love: the MPG’s of course, price, roominess of the interior (my husband is 6’6” and fits in the front and back seats) the trunk space, Bluetooth, being able to play MP3’s, adaptor for the IPhone/IPod, the look and did I mention the MPG’s? The cons: a little loud (I wear two hearing aides so this is an issue in most cars for me), the CVT takes some getting used to at the 15 mph mark but once you get the hang of it, you are good to go, takes off a little slower when you are used to more power but I cruise at 70 mph on the expressway with no problems. You experience a little more wind resistance / movement than a larger, heavier car. Overall I have been very happy with my Versa and would recommend to friends and family looking to drive on a budget and still have a stylish car."

2012 Nissa Versa ~ Windows just tinted

Very Happy So Far

By on Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Pros: "Low price, great gas mileage, very roomy."

Cons: "Vulnerable to crosswinds, jerky transmission."

"I bought the 2012 Versa S sedan in December 2011 and have been driving it daily for the past six months. Most weekdays, I have a 70-mile round-trip commute. Overall, I'm very happy with it so far. I'm averaging about 36 mpg combined city and highway, which is great. For a compact car, the interior is well designed and roomy, and the trunk is huge. The car has enough power to comfortably cruise along on the highway at 70 mph, and I have no problems getting up some of the steep hills around my house. As others have noted, you can definitely feel crosswinds in this car. The transmission is also a little jerky, particularly at very low speeds. I've gotten used to both these eccentricities, however, and don't really consider them major flaws. I'd definitely buy this car again."

Very Happy So Far

By on Sunday, June 03, 2012

Pros: "Low price, great gas mileage, very roomy."

Cons: "Vulnerable to crosswinds, jerky transmission."

will never buy a nissan again

By on Sunday, May 27, 2012

Pros: "no shift shock in transmission"

Cons: "too basic for the price"

"I'm a tried and true toyota fan. I wrecked my toyota last year and was in the market for a new vehicle. My 95 camry had more features than 2012 versa. No where to store your stuff except the glove compartment or trunk. The reason for the roominess is b/c there are no armrests nor consoles. The seats sit next to the door so if you get hit, not good. It does get 35 mpg which is ok. I'm used to a v6 and this v4 has no get up and go at all. My 89 toyota was a v4 and when you take off it had more pick up than the versa. It does have plenty of cupholders if you need them. I know there's at least six, maybe more. It's already had a recall, the key wouldn't come out of the ignition, the turn signals inside didn't work, the power window up/down feature couldn't be set, which it only has down not up feature. I've never owned a nissan so I do like that there's no shift shock when changing gears. It does have a lot of road noise with windows up. It reminds me of a rental car with no features except the bluetooth and ipod connection."

worst car ever

By on Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Pros: "great on gas"

Cons: "cant drive in wind"

"I bought this car a couple of weeks ago. you cant drive in wind or with windows down. it takes along time to get going at a stop sign, the dash lights are so low you can hardley see them. no speakers in the back. No arm rest and no makeup mirror they ony thing good I can say is it was cheap. but you get what you pay for!"

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next