2014 Nissan Versa Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $14,308 - $14,857.

10/7.7

7.6

Based on 136 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

7.5/10
    7.0/10
    7.5/10

Comfortable for 6'2" and 240 lbs - but that's it

By on Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Pros: "Value and Comfort"

Cons: "Driving performance"

"I've had my 2012 Versa Hatchback Special Edition for a year now, the car is comfortable, but that's about it. I'm 6'2" - 240 lbs and fit, but tall passengers hit their knee on the corner of the control console. Not great acceleration, good amount of body roll in turns, and requires a lot of control in the wind. The transmission shifts slowly and going up hills gets to be annoying (Auto, no CVT). Plenty of head room, leg room, and luggage space for two people. The glove box is a good size to make up for the lack of other cargo space. The car gets me where I need to go with out any driving thrills, but in comfort."

great car!

By on Saturday, September 03, 2011

Pros: "great price, roomy, good mpg, fun"

Cons: "n/a at the time"

"Ive always been a nissan fan. I just got my 2012 versa yesterday and i love it! it is a great car at a great price, not to mention you can get up to 45mpg in it! it was a very wise purchase! it handles very easily."

Reliable and Cost Effective

By on Thursday, March 13, 2014

Pros: "Cost, reliability, roominess, style."

Cons: "Not the fastest car ever built."

"Reliable and cheap too! I have the CVT transmission and manual windows and locks. The performance is great for being an economy car, and can easily overdue a Honda Civic. We have had two Honda Civic's and the Nissan has proven itself to be more reliable. it cost around $30 to fill the tank and you can go about 350 miles but that depends on your driving style."

Heat not sufficient during winter...

By on Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Pros: "gas economy"

Cons: "cabin heating very poor quality"

"I bought this Versa Note 2014 three monts ago. I found out that the heating in the cabin is really unsufficient during cold winter days... My garage told me that it is NORMAL! He evenoffer me a Nissan Versa 2011 for a day and after 5 minutes of driving I had to adjust the cabin temperature for colder air since it was too hot. Definitively, is there anyone out there with the same issue? THX"

Lots of mechanical issues

By on Wednesday, August 20, 2014

"Interior is great, lots of room, comfortable. Owned 1 year has been in shop 4 times for major mechanical concerns. No get up and go. Sluggish."

Great deal

By on Saturday, May 24, 2014

Pros: "Great price and gas mileage, spacious, smooth ride"

Cons: "No vanity mirror"

"I paid $15000 for this car brand new. For a compact car, it has SO much room!! The trunk is huge and the inside is huge, but it's still a tiny car on the outside. My only problem with this car so far is that it doesn't have a vanity mirror behind the visor. Also, with the CVT, I generally get over 40mpg. I've seen about 44mpg before, which is AMAZING. I only have to fill up my tank every two weeks."

Great car

By on Friday, January 03, 2014

Pros: "Price, space, cost per mile are all great."

Cons: "Moves in a hard wind. No cruise or rear speakers"

"Great Gas Mileage. Great legroom, headroom and trunkroom. Very easy to drive and park. Never breaks down."

Slow Acceleration, very poor power performance

By on Thursday, October 24, 2013

Pros: "Cheap, average overall"

Cons: "Poor power performance"

"I would rate this car average to below average overall. The weakest aspect of this car is that the engine power is extremely weak. Whenever I try to accelerate whether after being stopped at a light or after speed limit increase or even going up hill the engine makes loud noise. I feel like the engine is struggling bad. There's nothing great about the car other than the fact that it's cheap."

Great Car, Great Price

By on Sunday, May 12, 2013

Pros: "price, fuel economy. Leg room. head room"

Cons: "lack of power"

"I know I have only had this car for a few days. But, I am amazed at what it has to offer for a subcompact. Everything is there I ever needed in a car except the power. But, if having more power means losing fuel mileage. I will leave it just the way it is. Styling is good considering all the rest of all the other cars look all the same. I just love this car. I reccomend it to everyone looking for a fuel miser with the comfort and leg room of a larger car..."

Could be a great car...

By on Friday, February 17, 2012

Pros: "spacious for sedan"

Cons: "cvt"

"I bought this car in 2008.It was great the first 2 years or so, and then around 35,000 miles or so I started having problems driving up hill or even to get it to move at all some days. After much frustration at the dealership and 3 visits they told me I needed a new transmission(my car at that point was at 51,000 miles),I already knew before they said something that the transmission was the issue and found to be quite ridiculous since the car is only a couple years old. So, they did replace it with a new one, and it only took a day.Now my car is right around the 58,000 mile mark and its acting in again! I have disliked the cvt transmission and WILL NOT GET ANOTHER CAR WITH THIS TRANSMISSION! I would rather have a car no technology and drive a model A with a rumble seat than to deal with a cvt (continuously variable transmission) transmission again."

Awesome vehicle with some character

By on Monday, March 16, 2015

Pros: "Great on gas, good stearing, nice power"

Cons: "Only has 1 arm rest, harder to work with on wind"

"Okay so we bought this vehicle last September because the old one had the transmission about to go! We paid 15 grand because our credit wasn't that great. Anyway first impression is it's a cute little brick red car and I know that Nissan's are dang reliable. When I opened the door, everything was spotless looking brand new. I did notice that the Versa SV only has one arm rest on the drivers side. Also the glove box isn't as big as you would think, but otherwise it's like any vehicle and the color on the inside was black. The trunk space is very spacious for the size of the vehicle. The gas gage is actually in the middle of the dashboard and electronic. I had a carfax and sure enough no problems to speak of that would persuade me not to buy it. I asked how many mpg's it would get, they said about 30 OH NO IT'S A LOT MORE! So we took it from Kansas to Indiana and back right before winter hit. The car worked like a dream! I also only had to use 50 bucks in gas total to get there and back! The suspension is fine, like any vehicle you hit a big enough pot hole you'll feel it. Our next trip was 6 months later to Arkansas, again that little car went just fine and went spent about the same amount to go there and back. The steering is very reliable, granted when the wind picks up then you have a tiny bit of an issue because it is a light weight vehicle it's not like a truck or anything, but it's got great power for a V4. If that little car can go through the Ozark mountains like nobodies business then I trust it. I'm a Nissan lover for life now!"

Best Gas Saver!

By on Sunday, March 09, 2014

Pros: "Worth the Investment!!! Amazing Exterior look!"

Cons: "Let try to work on interior just a bit!!"

"I love my Versa; gas wise I have been able to park my truck and very seldom uses it because the car pays for itself. What I spent on gas pays the car payment and the gas I used in a week is what I pay in a month on the Versa. I literally put $28-$32 max to fill up and it carries me from Sunday to Monday usually with estimated travel close to 375 miles for every full tank. If I am not going to work I can drive on this gas for about 12 days."

Avoid the CVT

By on Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Reason: CVT Transmission

Pros: "The Color"

Cons: "CVT Transmission"

"I bought the New 2012 Versa Sedan with the auto CVT Transmission in August. I liked pretty much everything about the car except the Transmission. Acceleration was OK and as long as you were not changing speeds it worked well. But if I took my foot off of the gas to slow down for the car ahead of me at 25 or 30 miles an hour then needed to get going again the Transmission would jerk like a car would do if you were driving a stick shift and let the clutch up to soon. It was terrible! I took the car back for this and was told they could not replicate the problem. I heard that the CVT took some getting used to. But I new I could not live with a car that did that. I went back to the dealer and made a deal on the 2012 Versa Hatchback with the 4 speed auto transmission. I am now happy and glad I got rid of that other car. Buyer beware"

Good Quality and Driving Dynamics - Bad Ergonomics

By on Monday, August 06, 2012

I don't own this car

Pros: "build quality, fuel economy"

Cons: "ergonomics, ergonomics, ergonomics, looks"

"I'm 6'1" and 165 LBS and typically don't have any trouble fitting comfortably into small cars - I recently rented a Versa for a sales trip and was very frustrated with the placement of the center console, steering wheel, seat adjustments etc... I was way to close to the Pedals, and somehow very far away from the steering wheel at the same time. The center console juts into the legroom area very awkwardly and caused great discomfort during my 4hr drive. If you are under 5'7", this would be an amazing car for you, but don't buy it if you taller than that... Otherwise the car drove extremely well, cornered well, got great gas mileage, power was adequate, overall quality seemed well above average, etc... Hope this helps!"

Can't say anything good about the engine or the tr

By on Sunday, April 20, 2014

"Can't say anything good about the engine or the transmission. Under powered and the trans is junk. This is my 2nd Versa. My first was a 2010 with the 1.6 engine and a "standard" auto trans. I wanted the sedan, but found I couldn't get anything but the smaller engine. I foolishly let the salesperson sell me by saying it has as much power as the hatchback because of the transmission. Boy was I led astray! Otherwise I have really enjoyed both Versas. few minor things: no mirror on the drivers side sun screen, but one of the passengers? Whats up with that? The remote will work on the doors, but not the trunk? Well, there it is."

Strange lag in acceleration in city driving

By on Monday, June 09, 2014

I own this car

Pros: "Great price, roomy interior"

Cons: "Very slow acceleration in city driving"

"This car is fine on the highway, and it has a surprisingly roomy interior--wide seats and, in the hatchback version, as much usable cargo space as a mid-size sedan (Camry). There is one strange problem, though, and that is accelerating from a full stop at a traffic light. I live in a busy area, and other drivers have actually honked at me because the acceleration is so slow. I have driven other economy cars (Toyotas and one Saturn) and never experienced this problem."

For the price, this is one of the best deals out.

By on Wednesday, March 05, 2014

Installing a top of the line sound system

"No need to do a minor or major service until 90,000. Miles"

Installing a top of the line sound system

Go-Kart ride car

By on Friday, October 11, 2013

Pros: "Great Price"

Cons: "Go-Kart suspension."

"I own a Nissan Versa HB 1.8 SL and I'm very disappointed. I bought this car by a brochure.Nissan state that the suspension technology avoid vibration and harshness, but this technology is only in the brochure, not in the car. In long trips you will be tired of feeling every single bump and suspension noises. Nissan builds great cars but this is not. I hope that the Versa Note has a better suspension."

Comfort & Design at its best

By on Thursday, July 24, 2014

Pros: "great price, room, gas mileage"

Cons: "noise windows, fog up windows wintertime"

"Love love love this car. It is great on gas mileage and is smooth driving. I have owned it for almost two years and the only complaint I have is that the windows fog up during extremely cold days with the heat on. The pressure noise from the back windows when only one window is open. That is it. Not too bad for a car. I travel everywhere and love driving! Great car."

This is not a reliable Car

By on Saturday, December 28, 2013

Pros: "worse car I ever owned"

Cons: "would never buy another nissan & fourth nissan"

"At 36000 miles and it is a 2012 , guess what the transmission went at this milage. This was shortly after inspection. It started when the acceleration problem, and the car would shift up & down while cruising on the highway. Then we took it back to dealership and the transmission was shot. Everyone that is having acceleration problems get your transmission checked. The dealership knows about this problem & still sells the car. We purchased this car brand new thinking that we received a reliable car. What a piece of junk. If you want a reliable built car this is not the car you want."

Like it so much we are buying a second one!

By on Saturday, July 06, 2013

Pros: "Everyting is Awesome"

Cons: "Could be a bit more stable in the wind but for a l"

"This little car is awesome! VERY roomy inside, a breeze to drive, it SIPS fuel, easy to park whats not to like!"

Great on gas and reliable

By on Friday, February 20, 2015

Pros: "Roomy, great gas milage"

Cons: "no amenities, no power locks"

"I purchased this car in August 2013 and have since piled on 50,000 miles on it. The interior is roomy and can fit 4 larger people in it quite comfortably. I have the 5 speed S model and the lack of amenities do take some getting used to, especially the one key entry and no power locks. You can't even pop the trunk and need the key to open it manually. But overall I love this car. The manual transmission gets 35 mpg on average and most times I enjoy driving a manual. My advice: spend an extra 500 bucks or so to get a decent after market radio and 4 speakers (there are rear speaker slots that can be hooked up). Now I have bluetooth and and can enjoy my tunes."

Heat so bad, had to trade in.

By on Sunday, March 15, 2015

Reason: really poor heat windows constanly fog up

Pros: "Cheap, Nice radio in SL pkg. Roomy"

Cons: "Cheap, bad heat always cold, foggy windows."

"I know this is a cheap car, but the heat and foggy windows made this car a pain to drive. The heated seats took a long time. The radio in the SL model was very good, The engine is loud and slow. I do think for its size the back seat could fold flatter and have more hauling room. It however, did handle decent in the snow. The spare tire under the car, to me is a bad idea. After fighting with the heat, taking an hour to defrost the frost on the inside of the windows, constantly switching the heat from recirculate to outside, it became a battle of trying to stay almost comfortable, and to see out of the windows. Dealer said heat is working as designed could not fix. A nightmare to drive in winter... traded it in...very glad I did. I am now much happier. Also did not get the fuel economy I thought it would."

I hate this vehicle

By on Monday, May 04, 2015

Pros: "Good gas mileage, rear view camera"

Cons: "Cheaply made, needs a lot of work."

"I previously owned a 2009 versa which I loved. I saw the 2015 versa with the very decent 40mpg and I traded my 09 in. BIG mistake. I have had nothing but problems. The car is made very cheap and when I say very cheap, I was backing out of my driveway and tapped (literally tapped) a snow bank and when I pulled forward my back bumper snapped off a little. I ended up having to pay over $700 to have the bumper replaced, just because it cracked in a spot where they couldn't just pop it back on. After owning it for 8 months I had to have something in the engine replaced. The belt is not even 2 years old and is going to have to be replaced as well. The stereo now crackles because one of the speakers is not working properly. The USB port for the iPod no longer works. I miss my 2009 versa to be honest and will never buy brand new from nissan again. I'll stick with my 2004 F-150 which is way more reliable."

wish id bought a different car

By on Friday, December 30, 2011

Pros: "good gas mileage"

Cons: "no trunk open latch, or enough inside storage area"

"We bought this brand new in Oct 2011, at first I liked it, but after 2800 miles the brakes are a little squeaky and if the wind blows while your driving down the highway, hold on, because this car blows all over the place. I'm not sure I feel safe. Also it's cheap interior cloth seats, and I'm 5'2 and my knees hit the front under the steering wheel. The gas mileage is great, but it's basically a close to home kind of car."