• 2014 Compact Car Buyer's Guide

2014 Nissan Versa Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $14,806 - $15,211.

10/7.7

7.7

Based on 90 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

7.6/10
    6.9/10
    7.3/10

It's all about the MPG's ~ oh and it's cute too

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Pros: "MPG ~ Price ~ Roomy ~ Looks"

Cons: "A little loud, the CVT takes some getting used to"

2012 Nissa Versa ~ Windows just tinted

"I purchased my 2012 Nissan Versa VS in November 2011 as a commuter car. I currently own a Honda Pilot but with driving 75 miles per day @ 17 mpg it was expensive. With my Versa, I am averaging 38.1 mpg - it’s amazing! The things that I love: the MPG’s of course, price, roominess of the interior (my husband is 6’6” and fits in the front and back seats) the trunk space, Bluetooth, being able to play MP3’s, adaptor for the IPhone/IPod, the look and did I mention the MPG’s? The cons: a little loud (I wear two hearing aides so this is an issue in most cars for me), the CVT takes some getting used to at the 15 mph mark but once you get the hang of it, you are good to go, takes off a little slower when you are used to more power but I cruise at 70 mph on the expressway with no problems. You experience a little more wind resistance / movement than a larger, heavier car. Overall I have been very happy with my Versa and would recommend to friends and family looking to drive on a budget and still have a stylish car."

2012 Nissa Versa ~ Windows just tinted

Very Happy So Far

By on Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Pros: "Low price, great gas mileage, very roomy."

Cons: "Vulnerable to crosswinds, jerky transmission."

"I bought the 2012 Versa S sedan in December 2011 and have been driving it daily for the past six months. Most weekdays, I have a 70-mile round-trip commute. Overall, I'm very happy with it so far. I'm averaging about 36 mpg combined city and highway, which is great. For a compact car, the interior is well designed and roomy, and the trunk is huge. The car has enough power to comfortably cruise along on the highway at 70 mph, and I have no problems getting up some of the steep hills around my house. As others have noted, you can definitely feel crosswinds in this car. The transmission is also a little jerky, particularly at very low speeds. I've gotten used to both these eccentricities, however, and don't really consider them major flaws. I'd definitely buy this car again."

Very Happy So Far

By on Sunday, June 03, 2012

Pros: "Low price, great gas mileage, very roomy."

Cons: "Vulnerable to crosswinds, jerky transmission."

will never buy a nissan again

By on Sunday, May 27, 2012

Pros: "no shift shock in transmission"

Cons: "too basic for the price"

"I'm a tried and true toyota fan. I wrecked my toyota last year and was in the market for a new vehicle. My 95 camry had more features than 2012 versa. No where to store your stuff except the glove compartment or trunk. The reason for the roominess is b/c there are no armrests nor consoles. The seats sit next to the door so if you get hit, not good. It does get 35 mpg which is ok. I'm used to a v6 and this v4 has no get up and go at all. My 89 toyota was a v4 and when you take off it had more pick up than the versa. It does have plenty of cupholders if you need them. I know there's at least six, maybe more. It's already had a recall, the key wouldn't come out of the ignition, the turn signals inside didn't work, the power window up/down feature couldn't be set, which it only has down not up feature. I've never owned a nissan so I do like that there's no shift shock when changing gears. It does have a lot of road noise with windows up. It reminds me of a rental car with no features except the bluetooth and ipod connection."

worst car ever

By on Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Pros: "great on gas"

Cons: "cant drive in wind"

"I bought this car a couple of weeks ago. you cant drive in wind or with windows down. it takes along time to get going at a stop sign, the dash lights are so low you can hardley see them. no speakers in the back. No arm rest and no makeup mirror they ony thing good I can say is it was cheap. but you get what you pay for!"