2014 Nissan Versa Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $14,503 - $14,962.

10/7.7

7.6

Based on 122 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

7.6/10
    7.0/10
    7.5/10

Amazing mpg!!!

By on Friday, September 27, 2013

Pros: "MPG, price, roomy, extras, fun to drive"

Cons: "cannot seat more than 5"

"I bought this car for commuting and reliability a year ago. I got both. With 20,00o miles on the engine I have had no mechanical problems. I get 39 mpg! I opted for the extras with power everything, navigation, and bluetooth. With these extras I love this car. The interior is roomy and comfortable no matter what seat you are sitting in. My family of 4 fits comfortably, with two car seats in the back, and my 6'3" husband and I in the front! This would fit 5 without the two car seats in the back. The trunk is large and accommodating. I would definitely recommend this car. This car has made commuting enjoyable!"

Unbelievable milage at an unbelievable price

By on Monday, August 26, 2013

Pros: "High milage (especially highway), winter strong"

Cons: "Underpowered for mountain driving, slow, noisy"

"This car is an unbelievable value. I got it 16k brand new. I always average over 40, in total I probably get about 42 MPG. On short road trips I normally hit 48 MPG (note that all the highways I drive on are 55MPH and flat, so it boosts milage considerably) and longer road trips southward, which is hilly and much faster, I usually get 40-43. I have NEVER had a problem with the car, it runs perfectly. It isn't the most powerful car, it is slower than a Prius, and it gets loud in the mountains. I honestly wouldn't recommend this car for someone who does mostly steep mountain-type driving, it has to get too high up in the revs and gets loud. The car isn't very quiet to begin with. I am very impressed with this car in the winter. It can get through ANYTHING. We once had about a centimeter of ice on everything, I couldn't walk on the driveway because it was so slippery. I live on the edge of the Appalachian hills in southern Ohio (I commute north where it very quickly gets flat), and the hills are very steep for a driveway over half a mile long. The car got through all that ice without any issue. I was so amazed that I later purposefully hit the brakes and tried to slide around on an empty road to test out the traction and I was very, very impressed. The traction control is amazing, I just put the pedal to the floor and the computer sorts all that traction stuff out. My grandfather's old 4WD Jeep struggled to get out of my driveway more than my car did. The audio system doesn't sound very good at very high volumes, but it is good at normal and high volumes. The car is very plasticy and you can tell it is a budget car, but it is good quality for the price. Bottom line, for the price, you can't beat a Nissan Versa. You get great milage for a great value from a very reliable brand."

7 months and 50,000k Thinking about a second unit

By on Saturday, August 03, 2013

Pros: "Interior space, fuel economy, dependable"

Cons: "Dash and doors a little plasticy"

Nissan Versa 1.2L E CVT

"Purchased a 2013 just after the new years. We have the 1.2L Eco that is rated just under 48mpg. Though it is not a powerhouse with only 79hp it is enough and many times we beat the MPG rating. All day it easily keeps up with traffic and sometimes starts creeping closer to 100 mph. Inside it has more room than many bigger cars. The trunk is huge. And the Black leather interior with red stitching really looks good with the fire engine red paint out side. It has been very dependable, service at the dealer quick and cheep. Usually I get a new car every year but I think in 6 months I will just get a new one for my wife and keep this one a while."

Nissan Versa 1.2L E CVT

Good first car for our teenager

By on Saturday, August 03, 2013

Pros: "good price and cute"

Cons: "CVT - awful; cheap interior materials"

"We bought this car for our daughter who will be going to college next year. We paid approximately 15000 and got all the bells and whistles. It is a decent little car that gets you where you need to go. The drawbacks are the cheap carpet and seat covers that are difficult to get clean and keep clean. I also do not like the CVT. It is very jerky and will rev on inclines causing the car to use what I think is an excessive amount of gas. The car also does not have much power. On the upside it is dependable and fairly cute."

Got rid of at 2800 miles!

By on Sunday, July 21, 2013

Reason: Did not like the car

Pros: "Relatively quiet on the road (even at high speeds)"

Cons: "sways on the highway, cheap material on the seats"

"About 3 months ago we bought the Nissan Versa Automatic 1.8 S Special Edition w/ navigation. Since the car was for my teenage kids, and I had no intention of buying it at lease end; I really did not do my homework (shame on me)! The car is being redesigned in 2014 and will now be called Nissan Note. I think the dealer was pretty happy we walked through the door that day not knowing any of this. The dealer still had some 2012 Versa's still sitting on the lot. We took it for a test drive around the block and felt like it was a good car to learn how to drive. After we bought it we found out several days later that on the interstate it catches wind and it takes effort to hold it steady. We had a cloth charcoal interior and it literally picked up every piece of lint; it was like a Velcro vacuum (I'm assuming cheap material because I've never owned a car that has done this before)we were constantly trying to pick-up lint with a brush. I will never visit that Dealer again! I think they were trying to get rid of the 2012 Versa's left on the lot and therefore we were steered toward that model (they did not show us anything else (Sentra, Altima). My husband and I have been buying /leasing Honda's since 2004. Beware if you lease a Nissan that they charge $395.00 at lease end to turn in the vehicle (Honda does not charge anything). The one good thing I can say about he Versa is that when traveling fast down the highway it was relatively quiet. Another nice thing was it came with a pretty decent sound system. I believe if anyone is looking for a small car, there are better options out there like the Honda Fit etc. (better quality. Plus they hold their value better if you plan to purchase at lease end. We traded the Versa in this past weekend and we were upside down in the negative $4,000. We paid 4,000 at lease signing, so add it up; it was a very bad deal for a car we only had for less than 3 months."