• 2014 Compact Car Buyer's Guide

2014 Nissan Versa Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $15,056 - $15,421.

"What Others Paid" is based on the last 90 days within 250 miles.

10/7.7

7.6

Based on 97 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

7.6/10
    6.9/10
    7.4/10

2013 sedan sv awesome and flawless

By on Monday, October 22, 2012

Pros: "great price fun to drive great mpg nice design"

Cons: "could be more attractive"

"I was concerned about purchasing this because of the 3 year warranty/ 5 year warranty compared to the kia/rio's 5/10 year warranties as well as the more hp and torque of the kiario's vehicles but the versa is spectacular it gives a smoother drive, since i test drove all i chose the versa because it gave me the best ride. acceleration was good when i floor it and mpg is even better. cvt compared to the auto trannys the others have might lag slightly less but with gas prices sky rocketing in la, nearly every other month, its the best option. the handling and braking is a lot better too. hyundai accents and kia rios are good cars too just not as good, the ford fiesta does not compare to those as well as the chevys lower priced models. if you are going to buy a car thats economical like the nissan versa i suggest you decide which of the three, versa, accent and rio, you see yourself and which you feel more comfortable in i found my comfort in the versa and you might too. bought it a few days ago at 16 miles been driving it as much as possible."

2012 Nissan Versa - Nice Ride & looks good!

By on Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Pros: "HUGE back seat, great looks on the 2012 sedan."

Cons: "No center armrest & cheap sun visor or the 2012."

"We just bought 1 week ago a 2012 Nissan Versa SV sedan with sand color interior & magnetic gray paint color & it looks real sharp. I drive a 2009 Versa S hatchback which we bought new & have driven it every day to work with no problems & no visits to the repair shop for anything except oil changes & tire rotation. I wanted to buy a 2012 Hyundai Accent but they are $2000 more & the dealer wouldn't deal on 2013's but the Nissan dealer still had some 2012 Versa so made a deal. The main #1 feature of the Versa is that HUGE back seat leg room which can accomodate both of my 6ft tall sons."

Such an easy car to drive

By on Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Pros: "40+ real world mpg, rear leg room, 6 cup holders"

Cons: "performance, no arm rest, no auto trunk release"

"Versa sedan was the best subcompact we could find for fuel efficiency, roominess and comfort. Averaging 40 mpg combined city/highway. Enough rear legroom for 2 adults- definitely best in class. Seats are high up with lots of headroom, so excellent visibility. The Versa is not stylish, nor does it have the performance of a Fiesta, Sonic, Accent/Rio, etc. The little engine and CVT take awhile to accelerate. But if you want a car that can comfortably fit 4 people with excellent gas mileage and reliability for $12- $15K, there really is nothing else that compares."

Great for gas mileage.

By on Thursday, August 30, 2012

Pros: "Great gas mileage, lots of interior room."

Cons: "Slow acceleration."

"I bought this car for the good gas mileage and reasonable price. I have been driving it for about 6 months, and overall I have been satisfied. I have averaged about 37 miles per gallon over the life of the car, and I have had no mechanical problems as of now. Although it is not the most stylish car on the road, it does not look bad. I would recommend this car to anyone who is looking to get great gas mileage at a reasonable price without purchasing a used car."

Good Quality and Driving Dynamics - Bad Ergonomics

By on Monday, August 06, 2012

I don't own this car

Pros: "build quality, fuel economy"

Cons: "ergonomics, ergonomics, ergonomics, looks"

"I'm 6'1" and 165 LBS and typically don't have any trouble fitting comfortably into small cars - I recently rented a Versa for a sales trip and was very frustrated with the placement of the center console, steering wheel, seat adjustments etc... I was way to close to the Pedals, and somehow very far away from the steering wheel at the same time. The center console juts into the legroom area very awkwardly and caused great discomfort during my 4hr drive. If you are under 5'7", this would be an amazing car for you, but don't buy it if you taller than that... Otherwise the car drove extremely well, cornered well, got great gas mileage, power was adequate, overall quality seemed well above average, etc... Hope this helps!"