2014 Nissan Versa Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $14,730 - $15,213.

10/7.7

7.6

Based on 108 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

7.6/10
    6.9/10
    7.5/10

Car is an iota short of lemon status

By on Thursday, October 03, 2013

Pros: "storage good/roomy; reliable mostly; AC good"

Cons: "banking curves poor, mpg, power sucks; boring car"

"I've had the car 16 months. It has 7500 miles. It has never gotten over 25 mpg. It can't make it up a mountain foothill on the freeway. This ascent is way short of what I have taken with no problem in my old 2000 Nissan Frontier. My speed drops below 60 in a 70 zone. Today a warning light came on saying O/D off. I called service and the receptionist said everyone was busy, but made a call and the service dept. from another store didn't know what it was. The engine sounded - for lack of a better word - weaker and went to 4000 rpm at 65 mph. I suggested it was overdrive . . . now my fiance says that is what it means, there should be a button, but Nissan didn't know? Of course they did. Now it's 3 hours since I left my phone number You can take this car off my hands if you will. Mossy Nissan offered a trade-in value that is the same as the blue book. But I think they should do better since they sold me a big sour lemon. Don't buy this car. Maybe the 2014 Versa Note is better. I sure hope so! It may be the last time I purchase Nissan and I've been buying them since the 80s."

Amazing mpg!!!

By on Friday, September 27, 2013

Pros: "MPG, price, roomy, extras, fun to drive"

Cons: "cannot seat more than 5"

"I bought this car for commuting and reliability a year ago. I got both. With 20,00o miles on the engine I have had no mechanical problems. I get 39 mpg! I opted for the extras with power everything, navigation, and bluetooth. With these extras I love this car. The interior is roomy and comfortable no matter what seat you are sitting in. My family of 4 fits comfortably, with two car seats in the back, and my 6'3" husband and I in the front! This would fit 5 without the two car seats in the back. The trunk is large and accommodating. I would definitely recommend this car. This car has made commuting enjoyable!"

Unbelievable milage at an unbelievable price

By on Monday, August 26, 2013

Pros: "High milage (especially highway), winter strong"

Cons: "Underpowered for mountain driving, slow, noisy"

"This car is an unbelievable value. I got it 16k brand new. I always average over 40, in total I probably get about 42 MPG. On short road trips I normally hit 48 MPG (note that all the highways I drive on are 55MPH and flat, so it boosts milage considerably) and longer road trips southward, which is hilly and much faster, I usually get 40-43. I have NEVER had a problem with the car, it runs perfectly. It isn't the most powerful car, it is slower than a Prius, and it gets loud in the mountains. I honestly wouldn't recommend this car for someone who does mostly steep mountain-type driving, it has to get too high up in the revs and gets loud. The car isn't very quiet to begin with. I am very impressed with this car in the winter. It can get through ANYTHING. We once had about a centimeter of ice on everything, I couldn't walk on the driveway because it was so slippery. I live on the edge of the Appalachian hills in southern Ohio (I commute north where it very quickly gets flat), and the hills are very steep for a driveway over half a mile long. The car got through all that ice without any issue. I was so amazed that I later purposefully hit the brakes and tried to slide around on an empty road to test out the traction and I was very, very impressed. The traction control is amazing, I just put the pedal to the floor and the computer sorts all that traction stuff out. My grandfather's old 4WD Jeep struggled to get out of my driveway more than my car did. The audio system doesn't sound very good at very high volumes, but it is good at normal and high volumes. The car is very plasticy and you can tell it is a budget car, but it is good quality for the price. Bottom line, for the price, you can't beat a Nissan Versa. You get great milage for a great value from a very reliable brand."

7 months and 50,000k Thinking about a second unit

By on Saturday, August 03, 2013

Pros: "Interior space, fuel economy, dependable"

Cons: "Dash and doors a little plasticy"

Nissan Versa 1.2L E CVT

"Purchased a 2013 just after the new years. We have the 1.2L Eco that is rated just under 48mpg. Though it is not a powerhouse with only 79hp it is enough and many times we beat the MPG rating. All day it easily keeps up with traffic and sometimes starts creeping closer to 100 mph. Inside it has more room than many bigger cars. The trunk is huge. And the Black leather interior with red stitching really looks good with the fire engine red paint out side. It has been very dependable, service at the dealer quick and cheep. Usually I get a new car every year but I think in 6 months I will just get a new one for my wife and keep this one a while."

Nissan Versa 1.2L E CVT

Good first car for our teenager

By on Saturday, August 03, 2013

Pros: "good price and cute"

Cons: "CVT - awful; cheap interior materials"

"We bought this car for our daughter who will be going to college next year. We paid approximately 15000 and got all the bells and whistles. It is a decent little car that gets you where you need to go. The drawbacks are the cheap carpet and seat covers that are difficult to get clean and keep clean. I also do not like the CVT. It is very jerky and will rev on inclines causing the car to use what I think is an excessive amount of gas. The car also does not have much power. On the upside it is dependable and fairly cute."