2014 Nissan Versa Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $14,730 - $15,213.

10/7.7

7.6

Based on 108 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

7.6/10
    6.9/10
    7.5/10

nice equipment level for the price boring but very

By on Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Pros: "great milage heated seats quiet"

Cons: "horrible radio some cheap parts"

"user friendly"

Disappointed

By on Thursday, November 13, 2014

Pros: "+Legroom in back. Unique color. Easy to maneuver"

Cons: "mileage not as advertised, doors lock til key out"

"We bought the Versa Note for its fuel efficiency but we've had it 11 months and have only gotten the advertised 40 MPG once and that was with a tailwind! We do lots of long distance driving so wanted a car with good gas mileage. We miss deep shelves for storing CDs etc. & a spot for sunglasses & other small items. I hate the fact that I have to take the key out of the ignition in order to open the door. I would not buy this car again."

Best little 40mpg car you could ask for.

By on Saturday, November 08, 2014

Pros: "good price, great gas mileage, good looks"

Cons: "seats are uncomfortable in front,"

"Love the way the car looks and handles. Only thing I would change are better or wider front seats. the way they wrap around you are good if you're only 5'5 and 110 - 125 lbs."

Happy Wife's Note

By on Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Pros: "great price, "Versa"tility, mileage"

Cons: "needs lighted door buttons"

"I like the cost, and my wife likes the colors and the fact it was affordable even with all available options purchased. It drives very good with super MPGs and with the hatchback it has decent room for lots of things. My only disappointment is that all the switches on the door do not light up, only the drivers window button, it makes it hard to exit at night as it has automatic locking."

Good Gas Mileage

By on Sunday, October 05, 2014

Pros: "Small,but mighty in appointmts. & all it can do"

Cons: "See ccomplete review."

"Could have more comfort in seat cushioning and at least a three position arm rest choice. Slow on start up from a complete stop. But great from then on. Difficult tilt wheel. Great little car with hatchback access that holds much. Just remember to use a good cushion on your seat for long trips. Back up camera fades out in bright sunlight rendering it useless. Easy driving with even easier pull in parking in small spaces. Driver and one front seat passenger accommadated on long trips with all back seats down holding luggage, etc in hatchback area."

great car

By on Monday, September 29, 2014

Pros: "great mileage, great handling, good price"

Cons: "long to heat up, driving position, standard featue"

"this car drives great, handles good in the snow. the mileage is good for how spacious the car is. the standard features are fairly adequate but disappointing for a car of this year(no cruise, no satellite, no bluetooth) my gfs car is base kia and 2 years older and her car trumps mine feature wise. the heat takes the longest to kick in out of all my snow driven vehicles in my life(Ranger, Saturn,gf kia soul, impala). but the good of this car far outweighs the negative."

Very happy, so far

By on Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Pros: "highest mpg and most room of comparable cars"

"I bought this car about 6 weeks ago and have put a little over 3000 miles on it so far. I was a little nervous about the CVT, but I am really enjoying it. The engine noise is significantly less than with a traditional automatic transmission and there is no jerk from shifting. I had read several reviews that complained about slow acceleration, but compared to other 4 cylinder autos I think it is fairly impressive. It definitely outperforms my 09 Toyota Yaris. The gas mileage has been from 38.5 to 40.5, doing best on the highway at about 60 mpg and staying around 38.5 on the interstate. The issues that I have noticed so far are 1 when you turn the defroster on the a/c comes on (this is normal for virtually all car models) but it doesn't turn off when you switch back to the vent, so you have to turn the a/c off manually 2 the intermittent wiper speed is not adjustable I am liking this car more and more each time I drive it. I just wish I hadn't wasted so much time considering other cars before I bought this one."

Really like it

By on Saturday, September 20, 2014

"Bought this as my first car, as the versa's price is pretty much the cheapest for a new car on the market. I really do like it, its great for me! I'm a college student so having good gas mileage is a necessity for me as I drive back and forth from school and home. Love the fact that it has Bluetooth and the backseats have a lot more room than I would expect! I also like the spoiler on the back of the car, its cute! It does take a while to pick up though, but that might just be because I am used to driving a van that was a v6. Overall I'm really happy I chose this as my first car to buy, and I really hope it stays in good shape for a long time!!"

Decent car for what it is.

By on Thursday, September 11, 2014

Pros: "See "complete review"."

Cons: "See "complete review"."

"I purchased this car after being in an accident where I was hit in the back and the insurance company decided to total my car. I did not want to make car payments so I was looking for the least expensive new car I could find and that turned out to be the Nissan Versa S. I have been driving the car for about a month and what I can say is that the car starts every time I turn the ignition and it gets me where I want to go. It is surprisingly roomy as far as head room and room in the back. This car has a 5 speed manual transmission and I find that I drive in 5th gear most of the time as it get to over 3K RPM's by the time you are doing 40 MPH in 4th gear. The car after 3 fuel fill ups is averaging about 35 MPG combined highway and city. Now let me describe the down side of owing this car. This trim besides the A/C, Bluetooth and steering wheel controls for the stereo has no common amenities you would expect in any car made in the past 20 years by a major car company. It has no center storage console or any nice little storage place for things like sunglasses. It does have a crazy deep glove compartment where anything you put in it gets lost. It does not have a trunk release (key only). It has one key lock on the drivers door which makes locking and unlocking the back doors very difficult, especially the way the door locks are designed being put near the inside door handle. The thing that is taking the most getting use to for me is how the gas peddle is so close to the center dashboard column, my right leg rests against this column while driving and it is just not very comfortable. I would have purchased power door locks if that were an option on this trim model but I would have had to go up 2 trim models to get this one feature and I didn't want to pay an extra $3,000 - $4,000 since the goal was to pay as little as possible. I am going to put in some after market power door locks and trunk release to make the car a bit nicer to drive. I am also experimenting with after market center consoles for storage and an arm rest. I also found an interesting little device that fits in a cup holder that has 2 USB ports and 2 12 volt power ports that I can plug into the one existing power port behind the hand brake. It was almost like the people that engineered this car went out of their way to take out any and all of the little amenities that most of us take for grant it in any car. Even the steering wheel controls are ergonomically so badly placed to make them almost unusable. I would have given up those controls and the Bluetooth in a second for what I consider the standard amenities that I have described. All in all the car works for transportation to get from point A to point B but if you drive a lot I would not recommend it, at least not this low end S trim model as it lacks almost any of the creature comforts that most of us spoiled Americans have come to expect in a new car."

Comfortable but could use some more go

By on Saturday, September 06, 2014

Pros: "comfort, style, convenience"

Cons: "power"

"I really like this car. It is very comfortable and does not feel like a small car. I am very happy with the available cup holders that fit larger cups. There are two things that I would make me like the car better: a more powerful air conditioner and a little more power in the engine. However, I never feel like I cannot go fast enough, I would just like to start out faster."