2013 Nissan Versa

7.6

Based on 100 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

7.5/10
    6.8/10
    7.4/10

Decent car for what it is.

By on Thursday, September 11, 2014

Pros: "See "complete review"."

Cons: "See "complete review"."

"I purchased this car after being in an accident where I was hit in the back and the insurance company decided to total my car. I did not want to make car payments so I was looking for the least expensive new car I could find and that turned out to be the Nissan Versa S. I have been driving the car for about a month and what I can say is that the car starts every time I turn the ignition and it gets me where I want to go. It is surprisingly roomy as far as head room and room in the back. This car has a 5 speed manual transmission and I find that I drive in 5th gear most of the time as it get to over 3K RPM's by the time you are doing 40 MPH in 4th gear. The car after 3 fuel fill ups is averaging about 35 MPG combined highway and city. Now let me describe the down side of owing this car. This trim besides the A/C, Bluetooth and steering wheel controls for the stereo has no common amenities you would expect in any car made in the past 20 years by a major car company. It has no center storage console or any nice little storage place for things like sunglasses. It does have a crazy deep glove compartment where anything you put in it gets lost. It does not have a trunk release (key only). It has one key lock on the drivers door which makes locking and unlocking the back doors very difficult, especially the way the door locks are designed being put near the inside door handle. The thing that is taking the most getting use to for me is how the gas peddle is so close to the center dashboard column, my right leg rests against this column while driving and it is just not very comfortable. I would have purchased power door locks if that were an option on this trim model but I would have had to go up 2 trim models to get this one feature and I didn't want to pay an extra $3,000 - $4,000 since the goal was to pay as little as possible. I am going to put in some after market power door locks and trunk release to make the car a bit nicer to drive. I am also experimenting with after market center consoles for storage and an arm rest. I also found an interesting little device that fits in a cup holder that has 2 USB ports and 2 12 volt power ports that I can plug into the one existing power port behind the hand brake. It was almost like the people that engineered this car went out of their way to take out any and all of the little amenities that most of us take for grant it in any car. Even the steering wheel controls are ergonomically so badly placed to make them almost unusable. I would have given up those controls and the Bluetooth in a second for what I consider the standard amenities that I have described. All in all the car works for transportation to get from point A to point B but if you drive a lot I would not recommend it, at least not this low end S trim model as it lacks almost any of the creature comforts that most of us spoiled Americans have come to expect in a new car."

Comfortable but could use some more go

By on Saturday, September 06, 2014

Pros: "comfort, style, convenience"

Cons: "power"

"I really like this car. It is very comfortable and does not feel like a small car. I am very happy with the available cup holders that fit larger cups. There are two things that I would make me like the car better: a more powerful air conditioner and a little more power in the engine. However, I never feel like I cannot go fast enough, I would just like to start out faster."

I love my car!

By on Friday, August 29, 2014

Pros: "great on gas, fun to drive"

Cons: "outdated on the inside appliances"

"Bought this as my first car and I love it! As a college student, I cant afford something fancy but I wanted something good on gas and something nice. I can say that my experience has been great so far, and i've had my car since valentines day. I got this car for 18k, how much better does that get for a NEW first car?"

Not what I expected!

By on Friday, August 22, 2014

Pros: "Gas mileage, trunk space, roomy!"

Cons: "Not much power, transmission, better stock tires"

"Nice car with great gas mileage but only owned for 2 weeks brand new and the transmission went out and had to be replaced. Not very happy.."

Lots of mechanical issues

By on Wednesday, August 20, 2014

"Interior is great, lots of room, comfortable. Owned 1 year has been in shop 4 times for major mechanical concerns. No get up and go. Sluggish."