2013 Nissan Versa

7.7

Based on 116 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

7.6/10
    6.9/10
    7.5/10

Great on gas and reliable

By on Friday, February 20, 2015

Pros: "Roomy, great gas milage"

Cons: "no amenities, no power locks"

"I purchased this car in August 2013 and have since piled on 50,000 miles on it. The interior is roomy and can fit 4 larger people in it quite comfortably. I have the 5 speed S model and the lack of amenities do take some getting used to, especially the one key entry and no power locks. You can't even pop the trunk and need the key to open it manually. But overall I love this car. The manual transmission gets 35 mpg on average and most times I enjoy driving a manual. My advice: spend an extra 500 bucks or so to get a decent after market radio and 4 speakers (there are rear speaker slots that can be hooked up). Now I have bluetooth and and can enjoy my tunes."

Great for value

By on Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Pros: "Surprisingly spacious!"

Cons: "With only 109 hp don't expect much pop."

"Solid little car with all the features. Drives like a small car, therefore small car gas price! Came with all the lights and bells possible for a Versa Note. Have parked in many a tight spots with the 360 degree cameras!"

Great Commuter and Small Family Car (though basic)

By on Saturday, February 07, 2015

Pros: "Comfort, Room, MPG, Price"

Cons: "Not for people with Egos"

"I have been impressed overall. At this point, I've owned this car for 6 months and it has performed well. My budget was small - and when shopping for a car I knew only that I needed a comfortable car with good gas mileage. I also wanted a manual transmission to save money. I originally was looking used, but the Versa impressed me because it was a new car for used car money, so I took the bait. It is a great commuter car (I do 60 miles a day roundtrip and have been averaging between 38-39 mpg - though the computer says 42, my measurements calc @ 38-39). I also routinely take my kids (teens and preteens) to sporting events and there is plenty of room for both kids and gear. The thing to remember is that this is a basic car. You'll only be happy with it if you can live without a few things. For example, you don't get cruise control, there are only 2 speakers, and no remote key-fob entry, and no power locks. The windows are hand-cranked too. The back seat also doesn't fold down to increase the trunk for longer items (though the trunk is pretty big.) I've read other reviews about excessive noise and I don't find it that bad. It's louder than most, but not horribly so. On sandy roads you can hear the pinging of sand bits. Nothing to complain about. For me, none of this stuff is a big deal. On the plus side, you get everything you really need. It's got enough power for everyday (I admittedly can't race anyone at stoplights). The manual transmission is easy to shift. The seats are comfortable. The ride is smooth (not a Buick, but pretty darn good for a small car). There is a lot of interior room. I am 6'3" and can easily sit behind my own driving position comfortably (this was important because my kids will only grow). It comes standard with air conditioning, hands free radio, blue tooth (I find all very convenient). There are plenty of cup holders and enough storage spaces. Lastly, the car just rides nice. Again, I'm sure there are better riding cars(and better handling cars), but the Versa is still good. It is even very good in the snow (nice for New England winters) - it just crawls through unplowed roads without much fuss (no Jeep,but still good). Overall, the Versa is a real good car. Just leave your ego at the door. If you can do that, you'll enjoy a good little machine."

Reliable, comfortable, some bells & whistles in SL

By on Friday, February 06, 2015

I want this car

Pros: "Reliable, roomy, excellent gas mileage"

Cons: "Loud at high speeds, some buffeting in strong wind"

"I've driven 60k miles in my 2012 Versa S+ and have been very pleased overall. I want to upgrade to an SL which has more comfortable seats, electric windows & locks, premium audio system, blue tooth, GPS and fog lights. The S+ lacks these extra features. My experience with the Versa has been very positive as far as overall performance goes. Some have complained that it's loud at high speeds and this doesn't bother me, except when I'm giving my GPS voice commands and it doesn't understand because of the ambient noise. The Versa is roomy in the cabin and the trunk. I do a lot of freeway driving and it handles well there unless you're really close to a semi or hit strong wind gusts and then you feel a little buffeting but not it's not that bad. Pickup isn't great but it's adequate on freeway ramps and for passing. If you're looking for a sports car, this isn't it, but the Versa is fun to drive and it gets excellent gas mileage. I've gotten 45-50 mpg on a straight flat road while driving 55 mph. I was looking for an inexpensive car that was reliable, roomy and great on gas, and this is it."

Budget commuter

By on Monday, February 02, 2015

Pros: "low price, good gas mileage"

Cons: "lack of power, loud, cheap interior"

"I bought my Versa S brand new. First let me start with the good. Its GREAT on gas (41mpg highway @ 60mph), reliable, and it has decent room inside for being a small car. The bads: Cheap, cheap interior. So much plastic everywhere! VERY underpowered at 109hp which isnt an issue in stop & go traffic but it is a problem when entering the expressway and merging. Engine is also very loud. When going above 60mph the car starts getting "floaty" because it sits high and has NARROW 15x5.5 wheels. bottom line: If your looking for a small car thats reliable, affordable, and gets good gas mileage the Versa is great. I would not recommend for travel or if you do a lot of expressway/highway driving. Get something with more power."