2013 Nissan Versa Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $11,533 - $11,913.

10/6.1

7.6

Based on 77 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

7.6/10
    6.8/10
    7.3/10
Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25
Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

Great for gas mileage.

By on Thursday, August 30, 2012

Pros: "Great gas mileage, lots of interior room."

Cons: "Slow acceleration."

"I bought this car for the good gas mileage and reasonable price. I have been driving it for about 6 months, and overall I have been satisfied. I have averaged about 37 miles per gallon over the life of the car, and I have had no mechanical problems as of now. Although it is not the most stylish car on the road, it does not look bad. I would recommend this car to anyone who is looking to get great gas mileage at a reasonable price without purchasing a used car."

It's all about the MPG's ~ oh and it's cute too

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Pros: "MPG ~ Price ~ Roomy ~ Looks"

Cons: "A little loud, the CVT takes some getting used to"

2012 Nissa Versa ~ Windows just tinted

"I purchased my 2012 Nissan Versa VS in November 2011 as a commuter car. I currently own a Honda Pilot but with driving 75 miles per day @ 17 mpg it was expensive. With my Versa, I am averaging 38.1 mpg - it’s amazing! The things that I love: the MPG’s of course, price, roominess of the interior (my husband is 6’6” and fits in the front and back seats) the trunk space, Bluetooth, being able to play MP3’s, adaptor for the IPhone/IPod, the look and did I mention the MPG’s? The cons: a little loud (I wear two hearing aides so this is an issue in most cars for me), the CVT takes some getting used to at the 15 mph mark but once you get the hang of it, you are good to go, takes off a little slower when you are used to more power but I cruise at 70 mph on the expressway with no problems. You experience a little more wind resistance / movement than a larger, heavier car. Overall I have been very happy with my Versa and would recommend to friends and family looking to drive on a budget and still have a stylish car."

2012 Nissa Versa ~ Windows just tinted

Best economical car!!

By on Sunday, April 28, 2013

Pros: "Cheapest mode of transportation period!"

Cons: "Zero luxury period!!"

"Over 14,000 miles on my $12,500 out the door Versa. Yes, that is taxes included, got 52 MPG on my fill up today! Had to order it, no floor mats but 50+ MPG worth roll up windows and no power locks. If you want bare bones cheap car, this is for you! I paid $12,500, took almost 6 months to get car but I got my 50+ MPG A-B car!!! If I drive 70 mph = 37 MPG, 55 mph = 50 mpg, it's up to you!!"

The best new car for 12k!

By on Sunday, December 30, 2012

Pros: "fuel mileage; huge trunk/seating"

Cons: "none for price"

"We bought the base stick shift in late '11 for my wife's 80 mile a day commute. It has delivered - 38-44 miles to the gallon on the highway/interstate and 34 or so in the city. It runs great, and even the base model has AC and cd player with aux port. It looks great, even with the small stock tires. The engine and road noise are high over 60, but really folks, what do you want for a brand new car with a factory warranty, excellent mileage, and pretty cool looks for 12K? So you have to manually roll down the windows and lock the doors - so what. The rear seating is HUGE as well as the trunk. So reliable, zero problems, pretty fun to drive. This is also more like a family car - we were so comfy in several 1000 mile trips with that huge back seat. GET IT - best deal on a car ever!"

Great little car

By on Sunday, March 31, 2013

Pros: "Great value, roomy, huge trunk"

Cons: "Not the quickest car on the planet"

"I bought my 2013 Versa at the fist of Feb and have put almost 5000 miles on it. The main reason I got the car was the gas milage and the inexpensive cost. I drive roughly 500 to 600 miles a week and wanted something for the milage and I haven't been disappointed. I'm getting right at 40 mpg. Another big plus to the car is the fact that I'm 6" and 260 pounds I've got all kinds of room. I plan on driving this car for a long long time...that is unless my daughter takes it over. She just went back to college in it. She likes the fact that it only takes about $35.00 to fill it up verses the $65.00 to fill up her Maxima. She also like the fact that the trunk was big enough for them to get all their stuff (and that was 2 huge duffle bags, 2 smaller bags, a large box of food and other stuff). Now for the cons of the car, it's no rocket but once at highway speed it does just fine. The passager seat could use an armrest too. Other than that I haven't found any other problems. All in all this is a great little car and highly recommend it to anyone looking for a very economical car to drive."

Small in the outside but big in the inside

By on Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Pros: "Spacious, great value and fuel economy"

Cons: "Lack of standard features on the S trim"

"My wife and I love this car. 5 of us sit comfortably inside that includes a baby with a rear facing car seat. Performance and accelaration is pretty good with in the city or highway. Plus you get great fuel economy."

Why the bad reviews

By on Sunday, December 30, 2012

Pros: "Very reliable and economical"

Cons: "Not the best gas mileage, but not bad."

"I have a 2010 Nissan Versa. It gets universally bad reviews. Frankly, I bought it because it was cheap. Still, I have driven it four three years. It has been rock solid, nothing has ever broken. It gets reasonable mileage. I have the hatchback and it has an enormous amount of space. What more do you want? I bought it for $14,300 and got 1% financing from Nissan. Every other car in the class was at least $5,000 more and wouldn't give me the financing."

I bought two 2013 Nissan Versa at one time,

By on Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Pros: "Great price, good mpg, decent warranty, big trunk"

Cons: "No armrest, poor accelleration (if you like speed)"

"I bought two 2013 Nissan Versa at the same for less than the cost of a mid-size sedan,(offcourse they gave me a good deal,one reason is to be just honest). Great cars, awesome roomy interior(I am 6'2/275), average 38mpg, I have the manual 5 speed, the other 32 mpg 4-speed automatic. If you are thinking about buying a car, this a fun,simple, reliable, non-flashy ,unoticeable, roomy, comformtable, clean car that will get you from A to B with a family of four, I say give it a look, do you research and think about what you really need and not what you really want."

Impressive

By on Saturday, December 24, 2011

"Bought this car as an around town car (have an 09 accord and 06 acura TL love them both).The Versa is not expensive, it drives very good,great on gas(avg 35mpg mostly round town). My Wife likes driving it also, easy parking, smooth ride, quiet..keep in mind its not a 30k car as our other 2 are (1/2 our other cars price). so far very pleased.. does what we expected..Not a luxury car but a good little car. we drive it most of the time now saves wear an tear on the other cars. Doesn't have all the whistles and bells but at 16-18k less we are satisfied. Doesn't look bad either"

By on Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Pros: "Excellent Gas Mileage, Roomy, Sharp Design, Quiet"

Cons: "NO sunroof on SL sedan"

"This is an incredible car for $16,000 new. It rides very smooth and the gas mileage is incredible. It looks pretty sharp too. With the Continuous Variable Transmitting it may take a little bit to get used to but if you understand the concept and the technology, then you can understand its value. Great for decreasing wear and tear and for saving on expensive gas!"

Comfortable for 6'2" and 240 lbs - but that's it

By on Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Pros: "Value and Comfort"

Cons: "Driving performance"

"I've had my 2012 Versa Hatchback Special Edition for a year now, the car is comfortable, but that's about it. I'm 6'2" - 240 lbs and fit, but tall passengers hit their knee on the corner of the control console. Not great acceleration, good amount of body roll in turns, and requires a lot of control in the wind. The transmission shifts slowly and going up hills gets to be annoying (Auto, no CVT). Plenty of head room, leg room, and luggage space for two people. The glove box is a good size to make up for the lack of other cargo space. The car gets me where I need to go with out any driving thrills, but in comfort."

Roomy, powerful, extremely efficient.

By on Friday, January 10, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage, super price, roomy."

Cons: "Stick shift needs tachometer!"

"Perfect commuter or vacation vehicle. Easily hauls four 6 foot plus guys and their golf equipment up and down the mountains of Pennsylvania and still averages 39.3 mpg. The stick shift is the smoothest I have ever owned. Only thing I do not like is it is much too quiet . Almost impossible to hear engine running and without a tachometer it is difficult to pull out if you are listening to music or talking. Nissan missed the boat by not offering a tach in a stick shift but ridiculously includes one with an automatic which has no need ever for one.??? They are not the only company doing this . Oh well it is a great car otherwise and runs very well."

A good value, but not without compromises

By on Sunday, December 29, 2013

Pros: "MPG, Interior Space and Comfort"

Cons: "Cheap/Ugly Interior, Road Noise, Trans. Behavior"

"I bought my 2012 Versa SV in July of '12. I wanted to spend the least amount of money on a new subcompact, without sacrificing comfort, space, reliability and quality. The seat is very comfortable. The ride is stable, yet comfortable. Engine noise is pretty quiet for a subcompact. Road noise is tolerable, except at interstate speeds when it's so bad you really have to crank up the stereo to hear your tunes. I find the steering wheel desperately needs a telescopic feature. It's fixed too far away. The steering is also overly light and sensitive. It feels very twitching on the interstate, making it hard to keep in a straight line. Given the car's light weight, the handling is quite good and responsive, although it won't be mistake for a sports car due to the tall and narrow body. I find the power perfectly adequate, even a bit impressive, for a subcompact car with only 109hp. My biggest complaint is the transmission. It behaves crudely. It makes strange noises, hesitates badly when accelerating, shudders, and is jerky at low speeds. Nissan seriously needs to do something about this transmission. It's quite unpleasant. I've figured out its behavior, so I've learned how to modulate my throttle foot to avoid the unpleasant characteristics as much as possible. I should be driving the car though. The car shouldn't be driving me! I drove a 2014 Sentra as a rental and the CVT in that car is a million times better. No jerkiness, shuddering, or hesitation. Disappointingly, I didn't enjoy driving the Sentra as much as my Versa, which feels roomier inside and is far more comfortable. My Versa has had some quality/reliability problems. The catalytic converter heat shield fell off. The dealer said the tabs holding it on had broken off. No clue why. Dealer replace under warranty. The front suspension has been making squeaking noises over big humps (such as speed humps) since about 10k miles. No resolution from the dealer. Now there's an unpleasant grinding kind of noise at about 1700 RPM when I'm accelerating. I can't tell if it's the engine or transmission. I'm hoping its nothing to worry about. I'm hoping the long-term reliability proves to be good. I don't want this car to sour my positive impression of the Nissan brand or the Versa. I'd like to get the hatchback for my next car. If you can get used the CVT in this car, it's a nice little car to own. It's comfortable and cheap to run. You can easily fit a family of 4, no problem. The trunk is huge for a subcompact at 14 cubic feet. It's a good value overall. I do recommend this car to people who shop for a car with their head rather than their heart."

Great MPG, reliable, quiet.

By on Saturday, October 19, 2013

Pros: "Great price, Great MPG, big trunk"

Cons: "No glove box, slow acceleration."

"I own this car for 1.5 months now. Get 38-39MPG at 30MPH. Good to drive in city, in traffic. Very smooth cruising due to CVT. Big trunk. Slow on acceleration but still great on speed, driving at around 70-90MPH easily with good control. Economical get spend more on useful stuff, instead of paying for gas, spare parts. Thinking of buying second one. where all cars run at speed limits why spend on huge engines why harm environment & our wallets."

Best comute, friendly car

By on Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Pros: "great price"

"this is the most safety,gas saver,friendly car. I recomend this car..is the best nissan innovation.."

Got the Hatchback Versa - Fantastic VALUE !!!!

By on Saturday, February 02, 2013

Pros: "HUGE interior, Great gas mileage, Low price"

Cons: "A little slow when the light 1st turns green"

"I took delivery 1 week ago of a new 2012 Versa HB and I love it. I wanted payments under $250/month and got them, (with just my 11 yr old Pontiac trade as the down money) and this "small car" is HUGE on the inside. I'm 6 ft tall, and my tall teens can sit in the back and still have plenty of room. I love the 27 MPG in town, the comfort, the room, and I have bluetooth, aluminum wheels, stereo controls on the leather wrapped steering wheel, ABS, and 6 airbags for saftey. The ONLY con is that the car is a little slow when the light turns green, but once you get going it's fine."

The Best Car I Have Ever Owned! Amazing!

By on Sunday, November 17, 2013

"I did my research and compared four cars in its class last year and finally decided to take a chance on the Nissan Versa SV. I am so glad I did! It is hands down the best car on the road for the money. I regularly get 47 mpg on the HWY and around 38 mpg around town. My wife drives a hybrid and I get almost the same milage that she does without all the expense of the hybrid. Again, for the money - IT IS THE BEST VALUE ON THE ROAD! I would buy another one just like it if I were in the market for another car."

Good first car for our teenager

By on Saturday, August 03, 2013

Pros: "good price and cute"

Cons: "CVT - awful; cheap interior materials"

"We bought this car for our daughter who will be going to college next year. We paid approximately 15000 and got all the bells and whistles. It is a decent little car that gets you where you need to go. The drawbacks are the cheap carpet and seat covers that are difficult to get clean and keep clean. I also do not like the CVT. It is very jerky and will rev on inclines causing the car to use what I think is an excessive amount of gas. The car also does not have much power. On the upside it is dependable and fairly cute."

Great car!!

By on Monday, April 08, 2013

Pros: "Economical, Practical and Different"

Cons: "Radio"

"37 MPG!!! Researched and test drove the Civic, the Fit and the Yaris. The Versa drove and felt like none of them. It was different in a good way. Good steering, descent acceleration and quiet on the road. It is not very luxurious but I knew that going in so the number rating is reflective of my view in that area. The looks are different but not necessarily a bad thing since all you see now-a-days are the Camry or Corolla. The car feels like the designers actually put some thought into it. Definitely recommend you test before deciding."

Not bad for the price- no frills.

By on Thursday, October 31, 2013

Pros: "Price- handling-roomy"

Cons: "slow to get up to speed- highway driving"

"Did my homework re: this car. Chose it for the price and the fact that it's a Nissan. Still have my old 94 Sentra at 180k miles so I am expecting longevity. Pick up is slow, vibrates at idle (especially the driver's seat- what's up with that?) and don't like bending over to pop the gas tank cover. Handles well-mostly interstate driving- and is comfortable to be in. If the engine is as reliable as my 94 sentra- I'll handle the rest. Worth the 13k I paid for it."

Amazing mpg!!!

By on Friday, September 27, 2013

Pros: "MPG, price, roomy, extras, fun to drive"

Cons: "cannot seat more than 5"

"I bought this car for commuting and reliability a year ago. I got both. With 20,00o miles on the engine I have had no mechanical problems. I get 39 mpg! I opted for the extras with power everything, navigation, and bluetooth. With these extras I love this car. The interior is roomy and comfortable no matter what seat you are sitting in. My family of 4 fits comfortably, with two car seats in the back, and my 6'3" husband and I in the front! This would fit 5 without the two car seats in the back. The trunk is large and accommodating. I would definitely recommend this car. This car has made commuting enjoyable!"

I will only own versas

By on Friday, December 20, 2013

Pros: "incredible gas milage"

Cons: "No center console."

"I love my car. I think it's very comfortable. For someone who is bigger may not find it quite as comfortable. Long drives are pleasant, and very little road noise. This car is amazing purchase and will not buy anything else. If you looking for a small compacted car that is perfect then look no further because this is it."

very good vehicle. very spacious

By on Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Pros: "very roomy"

Cons: "no mirrors, even with the SV"

"i started with the Nissan Versa S and hated it. I was like why should i be manually rolling down and locking my windows on a 2013 car?? i went and took the car right back to the dealership after two days. after all, i didn't want to be stuck with something i didn't love. i upgraded to the SV with no problems at the dealership and absolutely loved it. The only setback is not having vanity mirrors behind the sun-visors but it's a great car. it is extremely fuel efficient but be mindful that the gas tank is also smaller. My old Chevy prizm probably had me filling up around the same times, but the gas tank was bigger by about 2 gallons. I really like how small and lightweight the car felt. but on windy days, the car definitely seemed a little too lightweight. I have had no accidents though, and I attribute that to great traction and the driving dynamics they put on the vehicle. I also like the convenience of the auxiliary cord to play my music on a decent sound system."

Go-Kart ride car

By on Friday, October 11, 2013

Pros: "Great Price"

Cons: "Go-Kart suspension."

"I own a Nissan Versa HB 1.8 SL and I'm very disappointed. I bought this car by a brochure.Nissan state that the suspension technology avoid vibration and harshness, but this technology is only in the brochure, not in the car. In long trips you will be tired of feeling every single bump and suspension noises. Nissan builds great cars but this is not. I hope that the Versa Note has a better suspension."

great cheap car

By on Monday, January 21, 2013

Pros: "great gas mileage"

Cons: "no hangers brackets for dry cleaning"

"I love this car i had a honda civic before this car and it did around 35 to 37 miles per gallon.This car has been giving me an average of 38 to 43 and it drives great, its very comfortable driving long distance. I drive around 1000 miles a week."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25