2012 Nissan Versa

7.6

Based on 162 Ratings for the 2012 - 2016 models.

7.6/10
    7.0/10
    7.6/10

Probably the least expensive transportation

By on Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Pros: "Very economical, I enjoy the manual transmission"

Cons: "Base model lacks power locks"

"I enjoy driving the manual transmission -- brings back my younger motorcycle days! Also, in our area, the "S" Versa with manual transmission was the least expensive. If you want a CVT transmission, or the hatchback, you pay several thousand dollars more. For those who mentioned the base model does not have a center arm rest, Amazon and Ebay have arm rests that fit in one of the rear cup holders and are actually quite secure! They also don't interfere with use of the hand brake. Cost is $30 - $70. Also, aftermarket remote door locks can be added. Fry's can do it. My 2016 Versa S is replacing a 2010 diesel VW Sportwagen, which cost me almost 3 times as much! The VW is lower to the ground -- hits bottom more often. My 3 kids report that there also is more room in the Versa backseat, although really tall people may hit their head in the back of the Versa. Steering, of course, is not as sure in the Versa. But it seems very nimble in parking and sharp turning situations. I haven't had to have the Versa repaired, but parts seem MUCH less than the VW. I had an air conditioning compressor go out on the VW -- $1,200 for parts and labor (I believe the parts cost was $700 or $900). I saw a Versa air conditioning compressor on Ebay for just $139!!! I liked my VW, but the repair costs were killing me!!! I'm quite impressed with Nissan's cheapest car! My previous experience with Nissan was a 1968 Datsun truck which I owned in the 1970's, and a Nissan truck which I owned in the early 1980's."

Not very impressed

By on Sunday, July 10, 2016

Pros: "Great gas miles"

Cons: "unstable in slightest breeze."

"I guess you get what you pay for. If you drive a lot it will save you a ton at the gas pump. I have the red versa s plus. No power locks or windows which is a big let down. Its not too bad on comfort but not recommended for long trips. It doesnt have a lot of go power. My biggest issue with this car is the slightest breeze and it will send you off the road. This is also true for driving behind semi's. Overall not bad for an inexpensive car."

Great little car -very fast,great pickup!

By on Friday, March 13, 2015

Pros: "Great fuel economy, great pickup climbing hills &"

"Easy to drive, very comfortable, seats five, fold down seats provide extra carrying space."

Great for the money

By on Saturday, November 19, 2011

"I bought this vehicle for my wife who travels over 30 miles to work. She loves it. I drive a 2006 Nissan Altima that is a better fit for me. I am 6'2" and 260lbs. The Verssa has a surprising amount of space especially the back seat and trunk. I like the fact that the car has anti lock brakes and stability anti skid electronic braking. Also it has 6 air bags so I feel it is safe for my wife. The ride is excellent and well damped. It is hard to believe this car only weighs 2500 lbs. My wife is not an aggressive driver and is getting a little over 43 miles per gallon. It has dramatically cut our fuel bill. A couple of complaints. One is you have to buy the top SL model to get the rear folding seats. Also there is no center arm rest. Lastly the cup holder in front of the shift hits my lower leg and is uncomfortable to the point that when I drive I must put a pillow between it and my leg. I really wish Nissan would address this annoyance. If you like good handling cars look elsewhere. The handling is competent and secure but not exciting. Other than that great little car. Very solid feel and good quality. For the money it is hard to beat. thanks for reading Ralph"

Great for gas mileage.

By on Thursday, August 30, 2012

Pros: "Great gas mileage, lots of interior room."

Cons: "Slow acceleration."

"I bought this car for the good gas mileage and reasonable price. I have been driving it for about 6 months, and overall I have been satisfied. I have averaged about 37 miles per gallon over the life of the car, and I have had no mechanical problems as of now. Although it is not the most stylish car on the road, it does not look bad. I would recommend this car to anyone who is looking to get great gas mileage at a reasonable price without purchasing a used car."

Good car for the money

By on Sunday, January 15, 2012

Pros: "Great gas mpg"

Cons: "No arm rest for front driver and passenger"

"I bought this car to save on gas. Very happy with the fuel economy and the overall quality of the vehicle as a whole. Also, the car has excellent room for five adults and luggage. Some of the cons of the vehicle after driving a full-sized suv for years the lack of arm rest and front passenger leg room, were disappointing. Also at highway speeds the vehicle is very subject to crosswinds. Overall for a subcompact car it is better than expected. Would recommend to someone who wants a lower priced car to save on gas!"

Small in the outside but big in the inside

By on Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Pros: "Spacious, great value and fuel economy"

Cons: "Lack of standard features on the S trim"

"My wife and I love this car. 5 of us sit comfortably inside that includes a baby with a rear facing car seat. Performance and accelaration is pretty good with in the city or highway. Plus you get great fuel economy."

2013 sedan sv awesome and flawless

By on Monday, October 22, 2012

Pros: "great price fun to drive great mpg nice design"

Cons: "could be more attractive"

"I was concerned about purchasing this because of the 3 year warranty/ 5 year warranty compared to the kia/rio's 5/10 year warranties as well as the more hp and torque of the kiario's vehicles but the versa is spectacular it gives a smoother drive, since i test drove all i chose the versa because it gave me the best ride. acceleration was good when i floor it and mpg is even better. cvt compared to the auto trannys the others have might lag slightly less but with gas prices sky rocketing in la, nearly every other month, its the best option. the handling and braking is a lot better too. hyundai accents and kia rios are good cars too just not as good, the ford fiesta does not compare to those as well as the chevys lower priced models. if you are going to buy a car thats economical like the nissan versa i suggest you decide which of the three, versa, accent and rio, you see yourself and which you feel more comfortable in i found my comfort in the versa and you might too. bought it a few days ago at 16 miles been driving it as much as possible."

I love this car

By on Sunday, January 22, 2012

Pros: "Good legroom, spacious trunk, super mpg"

Cons: "No armrests"

ready to go

"I bought this car on December 30th and have loved driving it ever since. The dealer gave me a full tank of gas and I am getting 38 mpg driving around town so it was over two weeks of driving before I put any gas in it. It took less than $15 to fill it up again. My last car was a 1992 truck so I only got 12 mpg and had to pay over $50 to fill it up. The visibilty is great and it handles perfectly for me. It won't win any races from the stop light but the manual transmission is plenty peppy when I have to merge into traffic. Overall, this car is the best value around - good legroom, spacious trunk, solid engine, super mpg in town, and I paid less than $12,000 for it out the door. I love it. Get one now!"

ready to go

I will only own versas

By on Friday, December 20, 2013

Pros: "incredible gas milage"

Cons: "No center console."

"I love my car. I think it's very comfortable. For someone who is bigger may not find it quite as comfortable. Long drives are pleasant, and very little road noise. This car is amazing purchase and will not buy anything else. If you looking for a small compacted car that is perfect then look no further because this is it."