2012 Nissan Versa

7.7

Based on 90 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

7.6/10
    6.9/10
    7.3/10

Strange lag in acceleration in city driving

By on Monday, June 09, 2014

I own this car

Pros: "Great price, roomy interior"

Cons: "Very slow acceleration in city driving"

"This car is fine on the highway, and it has a surprisingly roomy interior--wide seats and, in the hatchback version, as much usable cargo space as a mid-size sedan (Camry). There is one strange problem, though, and that is accelerating from a full stop at a traffic light. I live in a busy area, and other drivers have actually honked at me because the acceleration is so slow. I have driven other economy cars (Toyotas and one Saturn) and never experienced this problem."

Fun, economical, easy to drive, very roomy.

By on Monday, June 02, 2014

Pros: "Inexpensive, roomy, economical"

Cons: "Too quiet cannot hear running when driving."

"Great car too quiet, needs a tachometer! A telescoping steering wheel would be helpful because I am over 6'2". Averaging 39 mpg. & have plenty of room for four 6' plus guys and our golf bags. Reminds me a lot of driving my old 1969 VW Beetle with a lot more power and air conditioning. All in all a good car that is easy to drive very economical and very roomy."

Great to Drive

By on Sunday, June 01, 2014

Cons: "Need extra USB plug-in,"

"Great car, just minor adjustments would like to recommend. First, USB plug needs to be in a different location than middle console because my passengers keep trying to buckle their seat belts in it. Next, the doors shouldn't have the ability to lock with the keys in the vehicle. Thirdly, the in-cabin filter is some time to get to, just to find out the vehicle never came with one from the manufacturer or the deal left it empty. What is all this?? I'm ready for a new vehicle like a sedan of some sort. Any suggestions?"

Great deal

By on Saturday, May 24, 2014

Pros: "Great price and gas mileage, spacious, smooth ride"

Cons: "No vanity mirror"

"I paid $15000 for this car brand new. For a compact car, it has SO much room!! The trunk is huge and the inside is huge, but it's still a tiny car on the outside. My only problem with this car so far is that it doesn't have a vanity mirror behind the visor. Also, with the CVT, I generally get over 40mpg. I've seen about 44mpg before, which is AMAZING. I only have to fill up my tank every two weeks."

Let down by Engine

By on Thursday, May 22, 2014

Pros: "scrappy little car"

Cons: "Terrible transmission and engine"

"The car gets great mileage under good throttle control (40+mpg for over 1.5yrs!!) and likes to hum along in the 60-70range. It is comfortable enough to sit in for long periods of time. The interior is drab but you would expect as much from a bottom tier car. The major issue with this car is under the hood. Not only does the CVT transmission feel like you are shifting through an oil slick, it can never find a place to settle. I know this is by design, but with no throttle or brake I have seen 2,000RPM movements as the transmission "searched" for a gear. To make matters worse the entire transmission and TCM called it quits after 52k miles. It doesn't help that the engine is appallingly sluggish and you get large gaps of time between pressing the accelerator and actually accelerating. All in, the car could have been so much greater had a little more thought went into the transmission specs and a few more horses under the hood."