2012 Nissan Versa

7.6

Based on 77 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

7.6/10
    6.8/10
    7.3/10
Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25
Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

roomy great ride .nifty feels big inside

By on Sunday, April 06, 2014

Pros: "gas saver,no break downs ,fair priced,huge trunk"

Cons: "sound system speakers"

"great work car"

Reliable and Cost Effective

By on Thursday, March 13, 2014

Pros: "Cost, reliability, roominess, style."

Cons: "Not the fastest car ever built."

"Reliable and cheap too! I have the CVT transmission and manual windows and locks. The performance is great for being an economy car, and can easily overdue a Honda Civic. We have had two Honda Civic's and the Nissan has proven itself to be more reliable. it cost around $30 to fill the tank and you can go about 350 miles but that depends on your driving style."

Best Gas Saver!

By on Sunday, March 09, 2014

Pros: "Worth the Investment!!! Amazing Exterior look!"

Cons: "Let try to work on interior just a bit!!"

"I love my Versa; gas wise I have been able to park my truck and very seldom uses it because the car pays for itself. What I spent on gas pays the car payment and the gas I used in a week is what I pay in a month on the Versa. I literally put $28-$32 max to fill up and it carries me from Sunday to Monday usually with estimated travel close to 375 miles for every full tank. If I am not going to work I can drive on this gas for about 12 days."

great little car

By on Thursday, March 06, 2014

Pros: "Great price and roomy for a small car."

"This is a great little car and not expesive. My problem is that my arthritis is so bad now that it is difficult for me to get in or out of any car. I want to go back to a pickup truck."

For the price, this is one of the best deals out.

By on Wednesday, March 05, 2014

Installing a top of the line sound system

"No need to do a minor or major service until 90,000. Miles"

Installing a top of the line sound system

Heat not sufficient during winter...

By on Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Pros: "gas economy"

Cons: "cabin heating very poor quality"

"I bought this Versa Note 2014 three monts ago. I found out that the heating in the cabin is really unsufficient during cold winter days... My garage told me that it is NORMAL! He evenoffer me a Nissan Versa 2011 for a day and after 5 minutes of driving I had to adjust the cabin temperature for colder air since it was too hot. Definitively, is there anyone out there with the same issue? THX"

Nice Car

By on Saturday, January 11, 2014

Pros: "Good price, nice little car"

Cons: "Rear seat backs don't fold flat"

"This Versa hatchback is a great little car. The only problem is that it's a car. I have only had small pickup trucks for about 40 years and after over a year with a car I wish I had bought a truck again as I miss having one."

Roomy, powerful, extremely efficient.

By on Friday, January 10, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage, super price, roomy."

Cons: "Stick shift needs tachometer!"

"Perfect commuter or vacation vehicle. Easily hauls four 6 foot plus guys and their golf equipment up and down the mountains of Pennsylvania and still averages 39.3 mpg. The stick shift is the smoothest I have ever owned. Only thing I do not like is it is much too quiet . Almost impossible to hear engine running and without a tachometer it is difficult to pull out if you are listening to music or talking. Nissan missed the boat by not offering a tach in a stick shift but ridiculously includes one with an automatic which has no need ever for one.??? They are not the only company doing this . Oh well it is a great car otherwise and runs very well."

Great car

By on Friday, January 03, 2014

Pros: "Price, space, cost per mile are all great."

Cons: "Moves in a hard wind. No cruise or rear speakers"

"Great Gas Mileage. Great legroom, headroom and trunkroom. Very easy to drive and park. Never breaks down."

2014 5 speed commuter...

By on Monday, December 30, 2013

Pros: "Fun daily driver, great gas mileage, storage"

Cons: "Lack of power, road noise, very basic"

"Yep, I'm the crazy one who still likes a old school stick shift. I think it makes all the difference in a lower hp commuter car. Funny enough my parents bought a Nissan Quest and referred me to the dealer, and they got me a great deal on my car. Its a basic S sedan, no fancy gimmicks, stock cd player. Worked some power locks into the deal, which is nice. It gets very good gas mileage I actually get about 35-36 on avg with a mix of highway and city driving. My only complaint is that it really lacks power a bit at higher speeds. Its also kind of loud compared to the higher end cars. Overall I'm very happy with the purchase."

A good value, but not without compromises

By on Sunday, December 29, 2013

Pros: "MPG, Interior Space and Comfort"

Cons: "Cheap/Ugly Interior, Road Noise, Trans. Behavior"

"I bought my 2012 Versa SV in July of '12. I wanted to spend the least amount of money on a new subcompact, without sacrificing comfort, space, reliability and quality. The seat is very comfortable. The ride is stable, yet comfortable. Engine noise is pretty quiet for a subcompact. Road noise is tolerable, except at interstate speeds when it's so bad you really have to crank up the stereo to hear your tunes. I find the steering wheel desperately needs a telescopic feature. It's fixed too far away. The steering is also overly light and sensitive. It feels very twitching on the interstate, making it hard to keep in a straight line. Given the car's light weight, the handling is quite good and responsive, although it won't be mistake for a sports car due to the tall and narrow body. I find the power perfectly adequate, even a bit impressive, for a subcompact car with only 109hp. My biggest complaint is the transmission. It behaves crudely. It makes strange noises, hesitates badly when accelerating, shudders, and is jerky at low speeds. Nissan seriously needs to do something about this transmission. It's quite unpleasant. I've figured out its behavior, so I've learned how to modulate my throttle foot to avoid the unpleasant characteristics as much as possible. I should be driving the car though. The car shouldn't be driving me! I drove a 2014 Sentra as a rental and the CVT in that car is a million times better. No jerkiness, shuddering, or hesitation. Disappointingly, I didn't enjoy driving the Sentra as much as my Versa, which feels roomier inside and is far more comfortable. My Versa has had some quality/reliability problems. The catalytic converter heat shield fell off. The dealer said the tabs holding it on had broken off. No clue why. Dealer replace under warranty. The front suspension has been making squeaking noises over big humps (such as speed humps) since about 10k miles. No resolution from the dealer. Now there's an unpleasant grinding kind of noise at about 1700 RPM when I'm accelerating. I can't tell if it's the engine or transmission. I'm hoping its nothing to worry about. I'm hoping the long-term reliability proves to be good. I don't want this car to sour my positive impression of the Nissan brand or the Versa. I'd like to get the hatchback for my next car. If you can get used the CVT in this car, it's a nice little car to own. It's comfortable and cheap to run. You can easily fit a family of 4, no problem. The trunk is huge for a subcompact at 14 cubic feet. It's a good value overall. I do recommend this car to people who shop for a car with their head rather than their heart."

This is not a reliable Car

By on Saturday, December 28, 2013

Pros: "worse car I ever owned"

Cons: "would never buy another nissan & fourth nissan"

"At 36000 miles and it is a 2012 , guess what the transmission went at this milage. This was shortly after inspection. It started when the acceleration problem, and the car would shift up & down while cruising on the highway. Then we took it back to dealership and the transmission was shot. Everyone that is having acceleration problems get your transmission checked. The dealership knows about this problem & still sells the car. We purchased this car brand new thinking that we received a reliable car. What a piece of junk. If you want a reliable built car this is not the car you want."

Fun exerpience!

By on Monday, December 23, 2013

Pros: "fair price, responsive, lots of interior space"

Cons: "slow acceleration, plain interior"

"This car is so far been an positive experience. It's my daily driver and the handling and agility of this car surprises me every time i drive it. I really like the exterior look of the vehicle too, it has a sporty but compact look. the interior design is pretty simple, not much character to the car, interior wise. other than that its a response car. the only negative thing about this car is its acceleration. If you're looking for a fast car this is not the car, other than that this car is a blast to drive!"

best value on the market for a small car.

By on Sunday, December 22, 2013

Pros: "value economy"

Cons: "no rear speakers or trunk light"

"Drives like a much larger car. Traded for identical 2014 after putting 51,000 miles on it. 36 mpg pulling a trailer!!!!"

I will only own versas

By on Friday, December 20, 2013

Pros: "incredible gas milage"

Cons: "No center console."

"I love my car. I think it's very comfortable. For someone who is bigger may not find it quite as comfortable. Long drives are pleasant, and very little road noise. This car is amazing purchase and will not buy anything else. If you looking for a small compacted car that is perfect then look no further because this is it."

Run from it

By on Thursday, December 19, 2013

Cons: "Transmission- a/c"

"We bought this "new" car for our daughter, so she wouldn't worry about break-downs, engine trouble, etc. Well to make a long story short, we bought the car in April of this year, (it's a 2012) and we've already had to take it back to have the transmission changed and the a/c as well! Thank goodness it was still under warranty. But the point of the matter is that we bought the car thinking that at least for the first 100,000 miles we'd be ok, (with proper maintenance, which we do)but it doesn't even have 22000 miles and we've had all these problems! It's very frustrating, especially when you hear at the dealership, "yeah we've had these problems with these cars"! Then darn it don't sell that car!"

Cute little car for the money.

By on Thursday, December 19, 2013

Pros: "great gas mileage, lots of room."

Cons: "no telescopic steering wheel, better stereo system"

"I bought this car because I am on tight budget. There is lots of room and really great gas mileage. If you want to get a car that has more excitement this would not be the car, but if you are practical like me definitely would test drive one."

very good vehicle. very spacious

By on Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Pros: "very roomy"

Cons: "no mirrors, even with the SV"

"i started with the Nissan Versa S and hated it. I was like why should i be manually rolling down and locking my windows on a 2013 car?? i went and took the car right back to the dealership after two days. after all, i didn't want to be stuck with something i didn't love. i upgraded to the SV with no problems at the dealership and absolutely loved it. The only setback is not having vanity mirrors behind the sun-visors but it's a great car. it is extremely fuel efficient but be mindful that the gas tank is also smaller. My old Chevy prizm probably had me filling up around the same times, but the gas tank was bigger by about 2 gallons. I really like how small and lightweight the car felt. but on windy days, the car definitely seemed a little too lightweight. I have had no accidents though, and I attribute that to great traction and the driving dynamics they put on the vehicle. I also like the convenience of the auxiliary cord to play my music on a decent sound system."

The Best Car I Have Ever Owned! Amazing!

By on Sunday, November 17, 2013

"I did my research and compared four cars in its class last year and finally decided to take a chance on the Nissan Versa SV. I am so glad I did! It is hands down the best car on the road for the money. I regularly get 47 mpg on the HWY and around 38 mpg around town. My wife drives a hybrid and I get almost the same milage that she does without all the expense of the hybrid. Again, for the money - IT IS THE BEST VALUE ON THE ROAD! I would buy another one just like it if I were in the market for another car."

Not bad for the price- no frills.

By on Thursday, October 31, 2013

Pros: "Price- handling-roomy"

Cons: "slow to get up to speed- highway driving"

"Did my homework re: this car. Chose it for the price and the fact that it's a Nissan. Still have my old 94 Sentra at 180k miles so I am expecting longevity. Pick up is slow, vibrates at idle (especially the driver's seat- what's up with that?) and don't like bending over to pop the gas tank cover. Handles well-mostly interstate driving- and is comfortable to be in. If the engine is as reliable as my 94 sentra- I'll handle the rest. Worth the 13k I paid for it."

Slow Acceleration, very poor power performance

By on Thursday, October 24, 2013

Pros: "Cheap, average overall"

Cons: "Poor power performance"

"I would rate this car average to below average overall. The weakest aspect of this car is that the engine power is extremely weak. Whenever I try to accelerate whether after being stopped at a light or after speed limit increase or even going up hill the engine makes loud noise. I feel like the engine is struggling bad. There's nothing great about the car other than the fact that it's cheap."

Great MPG, reliable, quiet.

By on Saturday, October 19, 2013

Pros: "Great price, Great MPG, big trunk"

Cons: "No glove box, slow acceleration."

"I own this car for 1.5 months now. Get 38-39MPG at 30MPH. Good to drive in city, in traffic. Very smooth cruising due to CVT. Big trunk. Slow on acceleration but still great on speed, driving at around 70-90MPH easily with good control. Economical get spend more on useful stuff, instead of paying for gas, spare parts. Thinking of buying second one. where all cars run at speed limits why spend on huge engines why harm environment & our wallets."

Issues under the hood

By on Saturday, October 12, 2013

Pros: "nice looking, decent price, lot of room"

Cons: "design under the hood spec oil stick"

"I bought the 2014 Nissan Sedan SL a month ago and the day I brought it home we noticed a problem. When you go to check the oil the whole dipstick tube comes out. And thats not suppose to happen. It is the poorest design I have ever seen. I like the car but I hate the way the car was designed under the hood and it doesn't help that the dealership I deal with is not helping. I am not sure if anyone else with the same car is having the same problem or not. I would not recommend this car until Nissan decides to fix the problem."

Go-Kart ride car

By on Friday, October 11, 2013

Pros: "Great Price"

Cons: "Go-Kart suspension."

"I own a Nissan Versa HB 1.8 SL and I'm very disappointed. I bought this car by a brochure.Nissan state that the suspension technology avoid vibration and harshness, but this technology is only in the brochure, not in the car. In long trips you will be tired of feeling every single bump and suspension noises. Nissan builds great cars but this is not. I hope that the Versa Note has a better suspension."

Car is an iota short of lemon status

By on Thursday, October 03, 2013

Pros: "storage good/roomy; reliable mostly; AC good"

Cons: "banking curves poor, mpg, power sucks; boring car"

"I've had the car 16 months. It has 7500 miles. It has never gotten over 25 mpg. It can't make it up a mountain foothill on the freeway. This ascent is way short of what I have taken with no problem in my old 2000 Nissan Frontier. My speed drops below 60 in a 70 zone. Today a warning light came on saying O/D off. I called service and the receptionist said everyone was busy, but made a call and the service dept. from another store didn't know what it was. The engine sounded - for lack of a better word - weaker and went to 4000 rpm at 65 mph. I suggested it was overdrive . . . now my fiance says that is what it means, there should be a button, but Nissan didn't know? Of course they did. Now it's 3 hours since I left my phone number You can take this car off my hands if you will. Mossy Nissan offered a trade-in value that is the same as the blue book. But I think they should do better since they sold me a big sour lemon. Don't buy this car. Maybe the 2014 Versa Note is better. I sure hope so! It may be the last time I purchase Nissan and I've been buying them since the 80s."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25