2012 Nissan Versa

7.7

Based on 93 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

7.6/10
    6.9/10
    7.4/10

Car for commuters, not automobile enthusiasts

By on Saturday, June 21, 2014

Pros: "good ride, quiet ride. large trunk, brakes,"

Cons: "Slow 0 to 25. Slow at highway speeds."

"I purchased an S+. The features are an odd mix. Manual mirrors, windows, door locks! (if you lock the doors the only entry is the driver's door with the key), trunk is only opened by the key outside. Manual windows all around. One step up in the line gets the power windows and door locks that most people want with a car that has an auto trans and cruise/ Bluetooth as standard equipment. The car is like the pro-reviewers have described it. Initial pickup (0 to 25 mph) is slow. Twenty five to 65 mph acceleration is good. Higher speed stuff is fine for cruising (75..80.mph) but passing at that speed range or higher mph is slow. Front seats occupied with larger Americans doesn't mean the back seats are toast. The Front seats with 2 6' 3" people installed still allows 2 five feet 10" chaps room in the back. My son commented that the room in the back (he's 5'7") felt more than the 2011+ Kia Optima. Driving the car is comfortable commuter and not zoom zoom Mazda. The steering is light and braking is strong. Quiet and smooth ride compared to other small cars. Steering is light, fine for me but others seem to equate heavier steering with steering "feel" and sportier driving behaviors. My opinion is that if you need to "feel" what the front tires are doing you should be on a racetrack. I enjoy motorsports. Motorsport driving shouldn't be part of my getting around. That's my opinion feel free to disagree. I get much better than the EPA mileage predictions but my route to work is easy on fuel. So my 2009 Harley 883 gets 57mpg, my 2011 Kia Optima gets 38 mpg, the Versa gets 54 mpg all on the same path. The Sportsters future as my main commuter vehicle is in jeopardy because I'm getting older and A/C and heat during the 1 hour commute to/from work are gaining in value to me. Nissan's CVT operation seems normal to me as I own a "super scooter". For those not used to the CVT my advice is to ignore it. That's correct, don't give it a thought. Need to go faster, push the pedal down. Most of us have had auto trans cars. Same thing with a different way of going about its business.What you need to know is 0 to 20 mph is slow. Then acceleration steps up until 70 mph then it starts to slow again. The S+ dash is oh my simple. If you don't need the Bluetooth indoctrination that the sales person will provide ( I guess it's part of the delivery process) the rest takes about 2 minutes to master. I like the simple dash as my Harley only has a speedometer and a time display. I don't have a smart phone but I was ready to get one after the Bluetooth demo. I keep my vehicles, usually for their lifetimes. My current rides have climate control, backup cameras, Nav systems...etc. The Versa was purchased as a throwback commuter vehicle for cheapest per mile costs and ended up a nice surprise for its' frugal and comfortable way it performs. Best deal. The bottom of the line. AC and manual trans would have gone this way but physical (left knee) limitations kept me out of this area. 2015 models have some minor changes. Front and rear get body changes with a minor center console mods. 2014 models are on the lots and deals are coming. I like my base model 2015 but you all might want the extras that are 2014 available. Best to you all. The Versa is worth checking out Check us out ..."

nice budget car - 85% of my travel needs satisfied

By on Thursday, June 19, 2014

Pros: "price, conveniences, fuel economy, space"

Cons: "power, noisy, slow heating"

"(Nissan Versa SV sedan with convenience pkg)The things lacking for me to give this car a 10 --- 1-> heating system is slow - takes 15 min on avg to feel warm inside the car--- 2->a little more horse power is needed - takes 30 secs to reach 60--- 3->USB outlet is missing in higher trims which is a basic necessity in today's world with technology--- 4->The engine is a little loud--- 5->Bluetooth does not play audio/music. we have to use aux--- All in all, a great car with convenience at great price. Can you beat the price for $15K (all inclusive, out of the door, on road) with bluetooth, cruise control, alloy wheels, folding back seats and 35 mpg avg. I even get a 3 year oil change, car washes and 50 point check for free"

excellent mpg 38.7 I do a lot of road driving

By on Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Pros: "cheap drive"

Cons: "ft seat needs pwr,padding"

"any beefs I have its not the cars fault"

Strange lag in acceleration in city driving

By on Monday, June 09, 2014

I own this car

Pros: "Great price, roomy interior"

Cons: "Very slow acceleration in city driving"

"This car is fine on the highway, and it has a surprisingly roomy interior--wide seats and, in the hatchback version, as much usable cargo space as a mid-size sedan (Camry). There is one strange problem, though, and that is accelerating from a full stop at a traffic light. I live in a busy area, and other drivers have actually honked at me because the acceleration is so slow. I have driven other economy cars (Toyotas and one Saturn) and never experienced this problem."

Fun, economical, easy to drive, very roomy.

By on Monday, June 02, 2014

Pros: "Inexpensive, roomy, economical"

Cons: "Too quiet cannot hear running when driving."

"Great car too quiet, needs a tachometer! A telescoping steering wheel would be helpful because I am over 6'2". Averaging 39 mpg. & have plenty of room for four 6' plus guys and our golf bags. Reminds me a lot of driving my old 1969 VW Beetle with a lot more power and air conditioning. All in all a good car that is easy to drive very economical and very roomy."

See if you qualify for