2012 Nissan Versa

7.7

Based on 93 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

7.6/10
    6.9/10
    7.4/10

Great to Drive

By on Sunday, June 01, 2014

Cons: "Need extra USB plug-in,"

"Great car, just minor adjustments would like to recommend. First, USB plug needs to be in a different location than middle console because my passengers keep trying to buckle their seat belts in it. Next, the doors shouldn't have the ability to lock with the keys in the vehicle. Thirdly, the in-cabin filter is some time to get to, just to find out the vehicle never came with one from the manufacturer or the deal left it empty. What is all this?? I'm ready for a new vehicle like a sedan of some sort. Any suggestions?"

Great deal

By on Saturday, May 24, 2014

Pros: "Great price and gas mileage, spacious, smooth ride"

Cons: "No vanity mirror"

"I paid $15000 for this car brand new. For a compact car, it has SO much room!! The trunk is huge and the inside is huge, but it's still a tiny car on the outside. My only problem with this car so far is that it doesn't have a vanity mirror behind the visor. Also, with the CVT, I generally get over 40mpg. I've seen about 44mpg before, which is AMAZING. I only have to fill up my tank every two weeks."

Let down by Engine

By on Thursday, May 22, 2014

Pros: "scrappy little car"

Cons: "Terrible transmission and engine"

"The car gets great mileage under good throttle control (40+mpg for over 1.5yrs!!) and likes to hum along in the 60-70range. It is comfortable enough to sit in for long periods of time. The interior is drab but you would expect as much from a bottom tier car. The major issue with this car is under the hood. Not only does the CVT transmission feel like you are shifting through an oil slick, it can never find a place to settle. I know this is by design, but with no throttle or brake I have seen 2,000RPM movements as the transmission "searched" for a gear. To make matters worse the entire transmission and TCM called it quits after 52k miles. It doesn't help that the engine is appallingly sluggish and you get large gaps of time between pressing the accelerator and actually accelerating. All in, the car could have been so much greater had a little more thought went into the transmission specs and a few more horses under the hood."

Excellent Value.

By on Tuesday, May 13, 2014

"Let me start by making clear that this is not a luxury vehicle. Prospective buyers need to keep that in mind. However, when opting for the SL trim level, the Versa delivers an incredible car for the money. I've had this car for several weeks. It is my primary vehicle for work. I travel a substantial amount and gas mileage was an important consideration for me. It is advertised as 40 mpg highway, and thus far I have been averaging about 39, which is right in the ballpark. The ride is quite comfortable for an economy car. It rides higher than many sedans, which some people may like. However, with that height comes added battles with highway winds. That is my biggest complaint thus far. The front seat is comfortable, if not a little stiff. Easy access to all controls and exceptionally clear visibility for the driver make driving a breeze, especially in models equipped with the steering wheel-mounted controls. Blind spots seem to plague many cars these days as exterior design becomes more and more important. I have had no such blind spot issues with this car. This car really shines in its dimensions and cargo space. The front and rear seats are incredibly roomy for a compact car. The back seat is as large or larger than many mid-sized sedans. I'm 6'2" and can sit in the rear seat with leg room to spare. The trunk is huge for a compact car as well. The engine is adequate. It's an economy car, so those used to driving sports sedans and high-powered SUVs are going to be disappointed in it's power output. However, I have not encountered a situation yet where the car struggled to keep up. While the horsepower isn't eye-popping, it's more than enough when considering the car's curb weight. If you drive on mostly flat terrain, this car will suit your needs. We opted for the SL version with the Tech Package. It includes alloy wheels, keyless entry, push-button start, rear-view camera, XM Radio, a full navigation system, Pandora radio, auto-dimming mirror etc. When comparing this car to its competitors, the features you can get in this car for the money are simply unmatched. It's not even close. We looked at several other vehicle options, many priced much higher, but this was the clear choice in the end. If your goal is a value sedan, you aren't going to find a better option than the Versa."

best little work car ever!!

By on Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Pros: "great value for price"

Cons: "hi rev manual transmission"

"loved the car from the start. good in the rain and even pretty good through the snow storms on long island"

See if you qualify for