2012 Nissan Versa

7.6

Based on 108 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

7.6/10
    6.9/10
    7.5/10

nice equipment level for the price boring but very

By on Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Pros: "great milage heated seats quiet"

Cons: "horrible radio some cheap parts"

"user friendly"

Disappointed

By on Thursday, November 13, 2014

Pros: "+Legroom in back. Unique color. Easy to maneuver"

Cons: "mileage not as advertised, doors lock til key out"

"We bought the Versa Note for its fuel efficiency but we've had it 11 months and have only gotten the advertised 40 MPG once and that was with a tailwind! We do lots of long distance driving so wanted a car with good gas mileage. We miss deep shelves for storing CDs etc. & a spot for sunglasses & other small items. I hate the fact that I have to take the key out of the ignition in order to open the door. I would not buy this car again."

Best little 40mpg car you could ask for.

By on Saturday, November 08, 2014

Pros: "good price, great gas mileage, good looks"

Cons: "seats are uncomfortable in front,"

"Love the way the car looks and handles. Only thing I would change are better or wider front seats. the way they wrap around you are good if you're only 5'5 and 110 - 125 lbs."

Happy Wife's Note

By on Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Pros: "great price, "Versa"tility, mileage"

Cons: "needs lighted door buttons"

"I like the cost, and my wife likes the colors and the fact it was affordable even with all available options purchased. It drives very good with super MPGs and with the hatchback it has decent room for lots of things. My only disappointment is that all the switches on the door do not light up, only the drivers window button, it makes it hard to exit at night as it has automatic locking."

Good Gas Mileage

By on Sunday, October 05, 2014

Pros: "Small,but mighty in appointmts. & all it can do"

Cons: "See ccomplete review."

"Could have more comfort in seat cushioning and at least a three position arm rest choice. Slow on start up from a complete stop. But great from then on. Difficult tilt wheel. Great little car with hatchback access that holds much. Just remember to use a good cushion on your seat for long trips. Back up camera fades out in bright sunlight rendering it useless. Easy driving with even easier pull in parking in small spaces. Driver and one front seat passenger accommadated on long trips with all back seats down holding luggage, etc in hatchback area."

great car

By on Monday, September 29, 2014

Pros: "great mileage, great handling, good price"

Cons: "long to heat up, driving position, standard featue"

"this car drives great, handles good in the snow. the mileage is good for how spacious the car is. the standard features are fairly adequate but disappointing for a car of this year(no cruise, no satellite, no bluetooth) my gfs car is base kia and 2 years older and her car trumps mine feature wise. the heat takes the longest to kick in out of all my snow driven vehicles in my life(Ranger, Saturn,gf kia soul, impala). but the good of this car far outweighs the negative."

Very happy, so far

By on Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Pros: "highest mpg and most room of comparable cars"

"I bought this car about 6 weeks ago and have put a little over 3000 miles on it so far. I was a little nervous about the CVT, but I am really enjoying it. The engine noise is significantly less than with a traditional automatic transmission and there is no jerk from shifting. I had read several reviews that complained about slow acceleration, but compared to other 4 cylinder autos I think it is fairly impressive. It definitely outperforms my 09 Toyota Yaris. The gas mileage has been from 38.5 to 40.5, doing best on the highway at about 60 mpg and staying around 38.5 on the interstate. The issues that I have noticed so far are 1 when you turn the defroster on the a/c comes on (this is normal for virtually all car models) but it doesn't turn off when you switch back to the vent, so you have to turn the a/c off manually 2 the intermittent wiper speed is not adjustable I am liking this car more and more each time I drive it. I just wish I hadn't wasted so much time considering other cars before I bought this one."

Really like it

By on Saturday, September 20, 2014

"Bought this as my first car, as the versa's price is pretty much the cheapest for a new car on the market. I really do like it, its great for me! I'm a college student so having good gas mileage is a necessity for me as I drive back and forth from school and home. Love the fact that it has Bluetooth and the backseats have a lot more room than I would expect! I also like the spoiler on the back of the car, its cute! It does take a while to pick up though, but that might just be because I am used to driving a van that was a v6. Overall I'm really happy I chose this as my first car to buy, and I really hope it stays in good shape for a long time!!"

Decent car for what it is.

By on Thursday, September 11, 2014

Pros: "See "complete review"."

Cons: "See "complete review"."

"I purchased this car after being in an accident where I was hit in the back and the insurance company decided to total my car. I did not want to make car payments so I was looking for the least expensive new car I could find and that turned out to be the Nissan Versa S. I have been driving the car for about a month and what I can say is that the car starts every time I turn the ignition and it gets me where I want to go. It is surprisingly roomy as far as head room and room in the back. This car has a 5 speed manual transmission and I find that I drive in 5th gear most of the time as it get to over 3K RPM's by the time you are doing 40 MPH in 4th gear. The car after 3 fuel fill ups is averaging about 35 MPG combined highway and city. Now let me describe the down side of owing this car. This trim besides the A/C, Bluetooth and steering wheel controls for the stereo has no common amenities you would expect in any car made in the past 20 years by a major car company. It has no center storage console or any nice little storage place for things like sunglasses. It does have a crazy deep glove compartment where anything you put in it gets lost. It does not have a trunk release (key only). It has one key lock on the drivers door which makes locking and unlocking the back doors very difficult, especially the way the door locks are designed being put near the inside door handle. The thing that is taking the most getting use to for me is how the gas peddle is so close to the center dashboard column, my right leg rests against this column while driving and it is just not very comfortable. I would have purchased power door locks if that were an option on this trim model but I would have had to go up 2 trim models to get this one feature and I didn't want to pay an extra $3,000 - $4,000 since the goal was to pay as little as possible. I am going to put in some after market power door locks and trunk release to make the car a bit nicer to drive. I am also experimenting with after market center consoles for storage and an arm rest. I also found an interesting little device that fits in a cup holder that has 2 USB ports and 2 12 volt power ports that I can plug into the one existing power port behind the hand brake. It was almost like the people that engineered this car went out of their way to take out any and all of the little amenities that most of us take for grant it in any car. Even the steering wheel controls are ergonomically so badly placed to make them almost unusable. I would have given up those controls and the Bluetooth in a second for what I consider the standard amenities that I have described. All in all the car works for transportation to get from point A to point B but if you drive a lot I would not recommend it, at least not this low end S trim model as it lacks almost any of the creature comforts that most of us spoiled Americans have come to expect in a new car."

Comfortable but could use some more go

By on Saturday, September 06, 2014

Pros: "comfort, style, convenience"

Cons: "power"

"I really like this car. It is very comfortable and does not feel like a small car. I am very happy with the available cup holders that fit larger cups. There are two things that I would make me like the car better: a more powerful air conditioner and a little more power in the engine. However, I never feel like I cannot go fast enough, I would just like to start out faster."

I love my car!

By on Friday, August 29, 2014

Pros: "great on gas, fun to drive"

Cons: "outdated on the inside appliances"

"Bought this as my first car and I love it! As a college student, I cant afford something fancy but I wanted something good on gas and something nice. I can say that my experience has been great so far, and i've had my car since valentines day. I got this car for 18k, how much better does that get for a NEW first car?"

Not what I expected!

By on Friday, August 22, 2014

Pros: "Gas mileage, trunk space, roomy!"

Cons: "Not much power, transmission, better stock tires"

"Nice car with great gas mileage but only owned for 2 weeks brand new and the transmission went out and had to be replaced. Not very happy.."

Lots of mechanical issues

By on Wednesday, August 20, 2014

"Interior is great, lots of room, comfortable. Owned 1 year has been in shop 4 times for major mechanical concerns. No get up and go. Sluggish."

Nice low budget car

By on Thursday, July 31, 2014

Pros: "Price,looks,trunk space,mpg"

Cons: "Seat material on base model,cup holders one size"

"I bought this car new for 10500 I thought it was a steel. It is what it is. Roomy for a compact car. Interior could use some up gradeing, but that will rais the price. I own the 5 speed standard modle. The mags are very wrong. It says the 5 speed has lower mpg, but if you know how to drive to save gas, I get 36 mpg in the city. Best car for the price and resale value is great."

Comfort & Design at its best

By on Thursday, July 24, 2014

Pros: "great price, room, gas mileage"

Cons: "noise windows, fog up windows wintertime"

"Love love love this car. It is great on gas mileage and is smooth driving. I have owned it for almost two years and the only complaint I have is that the windows fog up during extremely cold days with the heat on. The pressure noise from the back windows when only one window is open. That is it. Not too bad for a car. I travel everywhere and love driving! Great car."

great car

By on Monday, July 21, 2014

Pros: "great price, fun to drive"

Cons: "na"

"great price, fun to drive"

Excellent gas mileage for getting around.

By on Monday, July 14, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage, good price."

Cons: "Not steady in wind, apholstry material is terrible"

"The handling on windy days are dangerous. You get blown all over, the suspension is wrong for that car, it wobbles in the wind and causes you to almost go off the road. You really have to drive slower than speed limit on windy days. Other than that it is a good basic car, clutch sometimes acts up and won't go in gear correctly, but not too often, mostly in reverse, I have to release clutch and then re-adjust it in reverse. Awesome gas mileage, that I will never complain about. The material of the seats are the worst ever. If there is any lint or hair stuck to your clothes it stays on the seats like a dog has been in there. And you can't vacuum it out, I had to get a roll of tape to pull each thing out. Even the detail people tell me they can't get it out. Has a good take off and speed ratio."

40+mpg! Faster than my Prius, at 1/2 the cost.

By on Thursday, July 10, 2014

Pros: "Excellent power once Engaged. Roomy, Fun! 40+mpg"

Cons: "Gas pedal does not React Instantly."

"Break in Period took forever! But Engine is now Power-full.. and FAST! at 40,000 miles. I LOVE the CVT Transmission on my S-Plus, its accelerates Quicker than other comparable cars because it doesn't have to shift, and barely needs to Idle to maintain Freeway speeds. I Use a Super Light weight Mobil 1 Full Synthetic 0w-20 motor oil. On Florida Freeways I Achieve 44mpg consistently doing 70 & I never get less than 37 in stop and go traffic, with the Air ON. & I never Drive to save Gas.. I bought this car because I needed "a car" Immediately, and did not have the money to fix my Prius. But now, After owning my Versa Sedan for over a year, and moving (twice) across the country, 24 hours at a time, covering the Desert, the frozen Tundra, & now the Everglades.. I have to say the car is ROCK SOLID & has been the only Stable thing in my Life! & I can't believe I ever drove anything else. & yes, I would highly Recommend this car!"

Versa Special Edition

By on Friday, July 04, 2014

Pros: "Its just a comforable car especially the seats...."

Cons: "Like everything"

"My Versa is comfortable, has great gas mileage I only use non ethanol and notice it never hesitates, It's roomy and I use McGuires NXT Generation wax and I wax it every three months It looks brand new and heads turn, No pings dings scratches...Fully automatic and I was told that only 2012 made the Special Edition so guess I was lucky as I have always driven Toyotas but there was no dealership in Hammond so I bought the Nissan and really love it.Our other car is a MKZ Lincoln Hybrid...Husband likes his car better but I like my Versa better for traveling...not that he will take it to travel in...."

Best for the Dollars

By on Saturday, June 28, 2014

Pros: "Price, Fuel mileage, room for the size"

Cons: "Driver seat, engine noise, road noise,"

"For the least amount of money this is the way to go. Fuel mileage is 37.1 around town with some highway. Driver seat not comfortable in the lower back."

Car for commuters, not automobile enthusiasts

By on Saturday, June 21, 2014

Pros: "good ride, quiet ride. large trunk, brakes,"

Cons: "Slow 0 to 25. Slow at highway speeds."

"I purchased an S+. The features are an odd mix. Manual mirrors, windows, door locks! (if you lock the doors the only entry is the driver's door with the key), trunk is only opened by the key outside. Manual windows all around. One step up in the line gets the power windows and door locks that most people want with a car that has an auto trans and cruise/ Bluetooth as standard equipment. The car is like the pro-reviewers have described it. Initial pickup (0 to 25 mph) is slow. Twenty five to 65 mph acceleration is good. Higher speed stuff is fine for cruising (75..80.mph) but passing at that speed range or higher mph is slow. Front seats occupied with larger Americans doesn't mean the back seats are toast. The Front seats with 2 6' 3" people installed still allows 2 five feet 10" chaps room in the back. My son commented that the room in the back (he's 5'7") felt more than the 2011+ Kia Optima. Driving the car is comfortable commuter and not zoom zoom Mazda. The steering is light and braking is strong. Quiet and smooth ride compared to other small cars. Steering is light, fine for me but others seem to equate heavier steering with steering "feel" and sportier driving behaviors. My opinion is that if you need to "feel" what the front tires are doing you should be on a racetrack. I enjoy motorsports. Motorsport driving shouldn't be part of my getting around. That's my opinion feel free to disagree. I get much better than the EPA mileage predictions but my route to work is easy on fuel. So my 2009 Harley 883 gets 57mpg, my 2011 Kia Optima gets 38 mpg, the Versa gets 54 mpg all on the same path. The Sportsters future as my main commuter vehicle is in jeopardy because I'm getting older and A/C and heat during the 1 hour commute to/from work are gaining in value to me. Nissan's CVT operation seems normal to me as I own a "super scooter". For those not used to the CVT my advice is to ignore it. That's correct, don't give it a thought. Need to go faster, push the pedal down. Most of us have had auto trans cars. Same thing with a different way of going about its business.What you need to know is 0 to 20 mph is slow. Then acceleration steps up until 70 mph then it starts to slow again. The S+ dash is oh my simple. If you don't need the Bluetooth indoctrination that the sales person will provide ( I guess it's part of the delivery process) the rest takes about 2 minutes to master. I like the simple dash as my Harley only has a speedometer and a time display. I don't have a smart phone but I was ready to get one after the Bluetooth demo. I keep my vehicles, usually for their lifetimes. My current rides have climate control, backup cameras, Nav systems...etc. The Versa was purchased as a throwback commuter vehicle for cheapest per mile costs and ended up a nice surprise for its' frugal and comfortable way it performs. Best deal. The bottom of the line. AC and manual trans would have gone this way but physical (left knee) limitations kept me out of this area. 2015 models have some minor changes. Front and rear get body changes with a minor center console mods. 2014 models are on the lots and deals are coming. I like my base model 2015 but you all might want the extras that are 2014 available. Best to you all. The Versa is worth checking out Check us out ..."

nice budget car - 85% of my travel needs satisfied

By on Thursday, June 19, 2014

Pros: "price, conveniences, fuel economy, space"

Cons: "power, noisy, slow heating"

"(Nissan Versa SV sedan with convenience pkg)The things lacking for me to give this car a 10 --- 1-> heating system is slow - takes 15 min on avg to feel warm inside the car--- 2->a little more horse power is needed - takes 30 secs to reach 60--- 3->USB outlet is missing in higher trims which is a basic necessity in today's world with technology--- 4->The engine is a little loud--- 5->Bluetooth does not play audio/music. we have to use aux--- All in all, a great car with convenience at great price. Can you beat the price for $15K (all inclusive, out of the door, on road) with bluetooth, cruise control, alloy wheels, folding back seats and 35 mpg avg. I even get a 3 year oil change, car washes and 50 point check for free"

excellent mpg 38.7 I do a lot of road driving

By on Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Pros: "cheap drive"

Cons: "ft seat needs pwr,padding"

"any beefs I have its not the cars fault"

Strange lag in acceleration in city driving

By on Monday, June 09, 2014

I own this car

Pros: "Great price, roomy interior"

Cons: "Very slow acceleration in city driving"

"This car is fine on the highway, and it has a surprisingly roomy interior--wide seats and, in the hatchback version, as much usable cargo space as a mid-size sedan (Camry). There is one strange problem, though, and that is accelerating from a full stop at a traffic light. I live in a busy area, and other drivers have actually honked at me because the acceleration is so slow. I have driven other economy cars (Toyotas and one Saturn) and never experienced this problem."

Fun, economical, easy to drive, very roomy.

By on Monday, June 02, 2014

Pros: "Inexpensive, roomy, economical"

Cons: "Too quiet cannot hear running when driving."

"Great car too quiet, needs a tachometer! A telescoping steering wheel would be helpful because I am over 6'2". Averaging 39 mpg. & have plenty of room for four 6' plus guys and our golf bags. Reminds me a lot of driving my old 1969 VW Beetle with a lot more power and air conditioning. All in all a good car that is easy to drive very economical and very roomy."