2011 Nissan Versa

8.4

Based on 461 Ratings for the 2007 - 2011 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Mechanically Decent. Poorly assembled

By on Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Pros: "Decent Price. Good interior space for the size."

Cons: "HORRIBLY ASSEMBLED!!!"

"I have had my 2009 Nissan for not quite three years now. Mechanically it has done well. Cosmetically, it has been HORRIBLE!! The interior was poorly put together, and has been literally coming apart. The vinyl on the door rests are peeling off. The console looks worse than my husband's 12 yr old Pontiac's does. To top it off, the driver's side door handle has fallen off three times. It has been very frustrating b/c I liked my little car when I got her. The issues we've had with it have not been my fault at all, but Nissan will not cover the repairs b/c they are cosmetic in nature. This is my third Nissan, and I have been VERY disappointed!!"

A Perfect Economy Car

By on Friday, May 25, 2012

Pros: "Great car to drive, perfect interior"

Cons: "want slightly better mpg"

"This car is wonderful for our small three person family. It is totally comfortable, plenty peppy, good on fuel and an overall pleasure to own. We recently took it on a three thousand mile road trip and I was amazed with the amount of space this car really has, even after owning it almost two years! A Great car, my only criticism is that I thought it may get a little better than 32mpg on average, I know that's not bad but I had a little higher expectations considering we do a lot of highway miles. A hybrid VERSA - what an idea!"

Basic model, excellent value

By on Thursday, April 19, 2012

Pros: "GREAT price, have had no reasons to repair it"

Cons: "basic package is too basic"

"We love our Versa. It is as basic as it gets, but the gas mileage is great, and we have had not had ANY major issues with it, and have had the car since 2009. I only wish we would have paid more money to get the power package, which would have certainly extended the lifetime of this car for our growing family."

I've only had my Versa 3 weeks and I love it.

By on Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, very comfotable for a small sedan"

Cons: "no mirror on the driver's side visor"

"I drove a Versa 4 years ago for a week and loved it, so when my 2001 Toyota finally died 3 weeks ago I decided to get a Versa, found a beautiful, sharp looking black 2010 hatchback, it drives well, is very comfortable and if all the reviews I've read are true I'm sure I made a good choice."

ROOMY, good mpg

By on Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Pros: "head/leg room, price, trunk size, mpg"

Cons: "no inside trunk release, no passenger door lock"

"Bought this car for $8100 in December of 2009. Added multi-disc OE, EBAY used audio for $90. Getting 40-41 mpg summers, 34-36 winters. Low gear ratio makes it unnecessary to downshift even on steep hills but running 3000 rpm's at 60 on highway, making car relatively noisy. Buffeted by winds because of high profile. Excellent head and leg room front and back. Sits up high, easy for 60 year old to get in and out of. Roomy trunk, but no inside trunk release very inconvenient. Floor mats ripped right off anchor (replaced under warranty)and vent controls stopped working (loose insulation blocked movement - they blamed it on critters, but it just let go on its own - fought with dealership for warranty repair and they finally agreed). Use studded snows and car gets through snow well. Original tires are nearly worn out at about 32K miles (I have gotten 40 to 60k out of earlier econobox tires). Overall a very good value (fingers crossed long-term)."

I do not know why more people do not buy one!

By on Thursday, April 05, 2012

"For a $10,000 vehicle, I have no idea why more people do not choose this for a commuter car. I got the "no frills no thrills" version and popped in my own Kenwood stereo for much less than the dealership, and I have never been happier! Unfortunately, I totaled it a week ago and for those that are curious, I walked away with very minor injuries!"

One of the best I've ever owned, at least so far.

By on Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Pros: "spacious, handles nice."

Cons: "upholstery is cheap quality and attracks lint"

"It's a great car!!I believe this car to be every bit as good as the Honda Fit. And, the cost is better than the Honda Fit."

Really fun and economicle

By on Sunday, April 01, 2012

"Bought it new in 07. Small car with lots of room. brother-in-law is 6'4" fits comfortably in the back seat. fully loaded still gets 36 miles to the gallon. has a lot of zip. 6 speed manual tranny. only issue i have with it, is from 1st to 2nd the gear switch is a little rough. but easily overcome with how you shift it. had it for 4 years now. and love it!!!"

Keep shopping...

By on Friday, March 30, 2012

Pros: "Gas Mileage, Stereo System"

Cons: "Everything Else"

"I have a 2011 Versa S. If you work close to home and don't do much driving you will probably like this car fairly well. If you are a road warrior like me, keep shopping. This car is very cheaply made, everything rattles and makes noise. The paint chips very easily. I hit a small peice of a tire on the freeway and it dented my front end so badly it now drags the ground. At 42,000 miles I had a blow out going 40 mph and it did $600 worth of damage to my axle and struts. Neither of which is covered under my "lifetime warranty". If you live in a very windy region of the country good luck keeping this car in your own lane because you'll get blown all over the place. The AC is very loud and sounds like it will break down at any minute. I've had this car for a little over a year now and I'm so over it. I'm trading in for a Toyota."

Great vehicle for the money

By on Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Pros: "Smooth ride, great for the price, plenty of room"

Cons: "gas mileage just ok"

"While the car design is not the sharpest, it is a quality car for the money paid. I have a 2008 Versa SL hatchback and have never had a problem with it. Storage space is good for a small car. It also has enough room to fit four people comfortably with a good amount of leg room in the front and back seats. I'm sure this car would not be sufficient if you are a big and/or tall person in which case I would not buy it. If you want this car, and any car for that matter, to handle good in the snow, buy good snow tires, thats all. The only thing that did not work too well on my car was the blue tooth, it would drop in and out sometimes, but that is just a convenience and does not reflect on how the car handles or performs. I do think the gas mileage should be better being that it is a small car and has the CVT transmission. I did get the estimated gas mileage that was state 33 highway and 27 city, but I still think it should be better."

GREAT CAR!!!

By on Tuesday, March 27, 2012

"I love my car. I have had this car for 4 years no problems at all. I am the only owner of the car and i have kept it very up to date. oil changes tires, and breaks. no issues at all. my miles are mostly higway miles and most of all its GREAT ON GAS!!! with the gas prices now it takes $40 to fill up the tank and thats using regular. What i paid for my car wasnt bad either."

love it

By on Sunday, March 25, 2012

"perfect for a single person who drives to and from work and weekend trips."

good car for the price

By on Saturday, March 24, 2012

"bought new in 2007,has never let me down. no major repairs yet. just brakes,tires.battery.lots of leg room"

Car has great pickup AND mileage on expressway

By on Wednesday, March 21, 2012

"The car has carried 5 adults in it 1 woman driving (me) and the other grown men. They were totally surprised that it was so roomy. Great mileage also. I have had offers for it and it wasn't even for sale!"

Buy something else

By on Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Pros: "Handles cargo well for a small car."

Cons: "Gas mileage is not very good for this size car."

"It feels and handles like a small boxey car. It is very short on comfort. The paint job is pretty. The gas mileage on the highway is only about 28 MPG. The range is not very good either. The dealer installed sunroof is not good, never has worked right. The controls for the air conditioner and heater have flaked off. Over all it is an uncomfortable, over priced, small car, with poor gas mileage."

Best value in its class

By on Sunday, March 18, 2012

Pros: "Tremendous value"

Cons: "none."

"My sister bought a Versa in 2009 and I got to drive the car fairly often. When it came time to buy a car, I knew I wanted one. Just to be on the safe side, I tried other cars in the same price range (Honda Fit, Scion, etc.) Whether it's MPG, quality of design and construction, options and comfort, a Versa SL really cannot be topped. I drive approx 15K miles/year, mostly commuting with some longer (60-100 mile) trips on weekends. I calculate my weekly avg MPG every tank, and I consistently get 27-28 MPG."

My favourite call of all time.

By on Saturday, March 17, 2012

Pros: "snappy car for around town, great on the highway,"

Cons: "Dealership"

"Fun to drive, lots of room for 4 adults, including leg room ! Fantastic fuel economy. Have owned for 3 years and it is the favourite car I have every owned."

Best car I've ever owned

By on Thursday, March 15, 2012

Pros: "Price, fuel mileage, roomy interior, reliability."

"Unbelievable amount of room inside this vehicle. 33-35 mpg city and 38-42 mpg highway. Has never been into the dealership for any repairs except having the oil changed. That's what I call a very well made vehicle. Big three, look out this car will hurt your sales like no other."

Great Car!!!

By on Wednesday, March 14, 2012

"Great Mileage. Great Price. Great Acceleration. Great Interior-Space. Great Looks. Like I first said "Great Car""

It's a great car for my needs!

By on Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pros: "Good Price!"

Cons: "Not for people who have large families."

"Small and compact, it gets great mileage. It's roomy enough for friends to ride in, and the trunk space is surprisingly large. It has the pep I need to get it around town or on a highway!"

Great little car!!

By on Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pros: "MPG, room, look"

Cons: "no center console, acceleration"

"I own this car, and while it isn't a BMW, it is certainly a good deal. She isn't the quickest off the line, but she will cruise for you no problem. She handles well and the perfect size for me. Her trunk space is decent and, with the folding seats, gets better. The leg room was surprising! My bf is 6'3 and a big guy. He was shocked that his knees didn't meet his chest when he drove the car. It was a little tight (come on, it isn't make for a bigger man), but he still liked the drive. He owns a Nissan Maxima (much more his style), so for him to say it was a decently comfortable, is good for this little car! Overall for a girl who isn't into the crazy fast stuff and wanted something cute that I could love, I love love love my little Versa :) I bought her used with 46k on her this year. I've put some miles on her and she isn't complaining one bit. I haven't gauged exactly what I get in the city, but she comes out to around 30mpg on the highway. CANNOT complain about that! Wants: Center Console!"

It's pretty good for the price.

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pros: "Good price."

Cons: "Boring."

"I miss my Prius."

worst car I have ever owned

By on Monday, February 20, 2012

Pros: "Reliability"

Cons: "road noise, uncomfortable, bad gas mileage"

"I thought I was buying a new economy car. I got the Nissan Versa S. What I got is such a disappointment. The best gas mileage I ever got with all highway driving was 28 mpg. I average around 25mpg city/highway. I just took a 700 mile trip and the car was so uncomfortable that I had to stop every 70-80 miles because my back and hip hurt. When I got out of the car I had to walk quite a bit before I felt like getting back into the car. I won't take that car on another trip as I do a rental car first. I am looking at trading the car in but I owe more than the car is worth. I only had the car for 7 months."

Great hatchback and milage 6 speed manual a must!

By on Sunday, February 19, 2012

Pros: "Price, milage, manual a must!"

Cons: "Back seat does not fold down flush"

"Great little car for the money. Love the hatchback. It would be nice if the back seats folded down flat with the back area. Instead it is raised up. Otherwise it is fun to drive. The 6 speed manual is a must. I rented the same car in an automatice from Seattle to Phoneix and back last winter. The manual allows you to get some goooo :) Really fun to drive."

it a good car for what u pay for it

By on Sunday, February 19, 2012

"i like the car because it gets good gas milage and has lots of room,i never had a problem with the motor it works very good. there are just some things i dont like, the gas cap dont close very good or open, when the window is down in the back and the front is up the wind hurts your ear"

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25