2011 Nissan Versa

8.4

Based on 474 Ratings for the 2007 - 2011 models.

2010 Nissan Versa

By on Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Pros: "purchase price"

Cons: "In the shop every 3 weeks"

"The engine has been replaced twice. The heater core has been replaced 3 times.The car is now leaking fluid by the brake pedal. The A/C condenser is knocking."

Great value for practical ride

By on Friday, October 19, 2012

Pros: "fUN FUEL EFFICIENT DEPENDABLE RIDE..."

Cons: "sunroof would make it more fun"

"I purchased this car from original owner and have driven it for 4 trouble free years...the 1.8 with automatic cvc trans is a great choice. I have the hatchback and overall a great car for its size the VERSA nameplate fits it well..WHY PAY FOR A CIVIC"

Great Little Car

By on Friday, September 28, 2012

Pros: "great gas mileage, very roomy inside, easy to park"

Cons: "hubcaps fall off"

"I have owned this car for almost five years and all I have had to replace on it was tires, hub caps and oil. Only problem I had was the hub caps keep coming off but I was told by mechanic that this is very common on this model. The gas mileage is great too!"

Great Little Car

By on Friday, August 17, 2012

Pros: "Great value, reliable, comfortable, roomy, looks"

Cons: "Better quality interior = more maintenance"

Nice front view

"I love this car for what it is. I have had it 1 1/2 years, and have never had one single problem with it. This thing is 100% reliable. Will you get the comfort and convenience in this as a $65,000 car? No, but as I said, this car is great for what it is, and what you get for the price is great. The styling of the hatchback makes the car look much sportier than the sedan version, and to me, it looks like the rear matches the front better than the sedan. It has a lot of added options, most of which I have, and all of which make the driving experience just that more easy and comfortable (i.e. keyless entry, power windows, power locks, cruise control). The seating and ride quality is great for the sales price. The cargo volume is outstanding too, as you can fold the back seats down to double your trunk space. It's the only car among it's direct/common competitors that has a fully independent rear suspension. The shifting in this car (manual) is very smooth compared to others (I have driven/owned other direct competing cars). No car is absolutely flawless, though. So here are a couple of my personally deemed cons: The car is a just a little bit too high profile for my taste (vehicle height), and so it tends to catch wind easily. The interior, though looks great, is good quality, and is very comfortable, demands a little more maintenance than the cheaper interiors out there, as it tends to collect debris easier. And that's about the only negative things I can say! 2 cons, and 100 pros! :)"

Nice front view

Pretty good for the price

By on Thursday, August 16, 2012

Pros: "6 cup holders, mp3 jack, decent sound, huge trunk"

"Best thing about this car is the roomy interior. Gas mileage is OK..about 24-25 per gallon. Suspension is jerky and doesnt corner well...slow pick up. A few parts in the interior have popped off. But its cute..Ive driven it nonstop for 5 months now..all over the east coast...maybe 14k miles already with no issues at all..was perfect at inspection. Excellent visibility from all windows and the seat sits up nice and high. So its not perfect...but i would get one again. I really like it alot. Not sure i could have done much better for the 10k i spent on it with 23000 miles on it at the time. Verypleased."

Very nice car for the money....

By on Thursday, August 16, 2012

Pros: "Roomy, bluetooth, keyless, CVT, quality"

Cons: "just a little under-powered"

"This car has more room in it than you would ever believe, and the ride is good, too. Avg. 32 - 34 mpg overall, but about 25 in town. Knock on wood, I have had ZERO problems with this car since I bought it off the showroom floor, 30K miles ago. Still have the original Continental tires on it,and have no complaints, but going to go with Firestone Precision Touring tires soon. Believe I'll get a better ride and longer mileage wear...."

Love the fuel economy of this car!!!

By on Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Pros: "Fuel economy, ease of driving it, low maintenance"

Cons: "No front seat arm rest"

"My 2009 Versa is great. I have had it for almost 4yrs and still love it! It has over 80,000 miles on it and it still drives like a charm. Maintenance and fuel cost are extremely inexpensive with this car. Not that I have had to do anything with it so far other than oil changes. My mechanic checks it out every three to four months and it even amazes him! Love it, love it, LOVE IT!!!!!"

TERRIBLE BUILD QUALITY !!! PAINFUL SEATS !

By on Saturday, August 04, 2012

Pros: "Great highway ride. Very quiet"

Cons: "Poor reliability !!! Awful initial build quality!"

"I picked up my Versa at night. NEVER NEVER DO THIS !!! I noticed a couple of small problems with the dashboard that night, the next morning I looked closer and the dash board looked like it was assembled by a Kinder Garden class ! Panel gaskets were hanging out. I could put my hands it the gaps that were at each end of the dash assembly. My first 2 days driving it...the panel under the steering wheel unsnapped when I adjusted the tilt wheel. The recirc/freshair button came off....ok I am sure you get it.....I gave Nissan 1 chance to rebuild the dashboard....Then the first of 5 tire pressure sensors needed to be replaced. At 70000 miles I have given up on the system...I am used to the light by now.....the muffler rotted off at 38000 miles and Nissan gave me a hard time to replace it saying it was a "wear and tear" item not covered by my "Gold" Nissan warranty. The speakers all went bad by 65000 miles. I am a 46 year old man, I am the only driver of this car and listen to a lot of talk radio and Classical music....I must say not a quality system...The radio can barely power the much higher quaity replacement speakers I had installled...The leather steering wheel has lost its finish and looks dirty no matter whet I do....the finish has blemished on the center cover also. I love the engine and transmission, although even with 80% of my driving being on unobstructed highway I only get 31 miles to the gallon MAX ! It is a very quiet car with a very good highway ride. It rides like a much bigger car. I find the seats unbearably uncomfortable. I have never been able to find a comfortable driving position. Since I have owned this car I have weighed between 325lbs to 200lbs....I am 5"9' I can never truly been comfortable. The back seat leg room is amazing. I have ever option available except the sub woofer (I am a 46 year old man) Overall it has not been a positive experience. Do yourself a favor..buy a used Hyundai you will be much happier."

My 2007 hatchback

By on Saturday, July 21, 2012

Pros: "solid mechanically, great overall gas mileage."

Cons: "S model didn't have cruise control, my mistake"

"I bought this new Nov. 06. I still get 30+ MPG, but with almost 100K I do want to change plugs. I keep up with the maintenance schedules and I have had 0 dollars in repairs. I did have issues with the plastic wheel covers so I replaced them. The versa is roomy inside, had a very good safety rating and as a daily driver has been perfect for the price point I paid. Interior has held up well with no excessive wear showing. It drives like a small coupe. Suspension is a little stiffer than a sedan and seats are frim. Many trips to California and northern Az and I have no problems cruising at 75mph. 2 Nissan dealerships constantly calling me now wanting to buy back or take my Versa in trade for a new model but I think I will keep driving it!"

Love this car - gas mileage, ease of driving, etc

By on Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Pros: "price, ease in getting in and out"

Cons: "small space in hatchback"

"this is a great little car. Suprisingly, lots of rear seat and leg room. It is easy to enter and exit and handles well on the open highway and city streets. Easy to park. Will definitley buy another Versa."

2011 Versa Hatchback

By on Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, Cute, Interior was well thought out"

Cons: "Should be a bit better on gas milage, colors avail"

"I bought this car new in January of 2011. 2011 Versa Hatchback (S - power windows, locks, CD player, automatic transmission) While I did think the highway mileage would be better when I first bought it (I get around 28-30), I am pleased with my choice overall. I like hatchbacks, and had a few on my list to check into before deciding on the Versa. I do think some of the body styling of the Ford and Mazda hatchbacks is better, more sleek, "hip", "cuter", but I think those styles may cut down on your headroom/legroom, especially in the back seat. The Versa is comfortable! I've never had anyone say they were uncomfortable in the car. I find that it's even suited for tall adults to sit in the back seat w/out issues. I like the interior colors, seats, etc. the only thing about the plain black is that everything seems to look dusty/fuzzy even if you've recently cleaned the car...that can be annoying. There are PLENTY of cup holders in the car, and I like the placement of the door pockets, glove box, etc. I did scratch the gray/silver part on the steering wheel very easily on accident and that ding there really annoys me. It didn't take much to damage it, barely a scratch and it's damaged...so, be careful. I have done nothing besides routine maintenance on my Versa so far (as would be expected, it's only been a year and a half). The "low tire pressure" warning system can be a little annoying, as it likes to come on when it's cold outside and the pressure is a bit skewed. I also laughed reading another reviewer's comments about the air pressure WITHIN the car cabin when you have a window or two or three down a bit. I thought it was just me! I haven't quite cracked the code of how to avoid this, but something about the body styling of the car makes the air pressure inside the vehicle odd, and hurts your ears if you have just window cracked, or two on one side...something. But that's easy enough to deal with, you just crack another window and it stops. The speed/agility/performance of this car is pretty great if you ask me. If you are used to a V-6 or higher of course you are going to wonder where the get up and go is in a V-4. I have always driven 4 cylinder cars, and this one has just as much pep, if not more. It handles well. I read a few other reviews about the car being pushed "all over the road" in the wind, but I haven't experienced that myself. If there are MAJOR winds, I have had a tad bit more of an issue keeping it on the straight"

Great Car for the money

By on Saturday, June 23, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive especally in the mtns, great hwy mpg"

"I bought my 2008 Nissan Versa SL brand new in 2007 for $17000, I've have put 106000 miles on her in the 5 years I've owned her and has been a great joy. Avg. mpg for the lifetime of car is 33.6 mpg. I look forward to driving my Versa everyday."

I love my versa , my daughter wants my car

By on Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Pros: "great price , fun to drive, gas saver"

Cons: "seats could be better ,picks up lint easily"

"my car is a 2008 but bought in 2007. never had any problems with it , good on gas . looking for a car for my daughter and she wants my car . looking to buy her a used versa. nissans are great cars , always own a nissan , had a sentra before the versa and would not go back to a sentra. love my versa . in a versa you are not low to the ground , you sit up high ."

Mechanically Decent. Poorly assembled

By on Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Pros: "Decent Price. Good interior space for the size."

Cons: "HORRIBLY ASSEMBLED!!!"

"I have had my 2009 Nissan for not quite three years now. Mechanically it has done well. Cosmetically, it has been HORRIBLE!! The interior was poorly put together, and has been literally coming apart. The vinyl on the door rests are peeling off. The console looks worse than my husband's 12 yr old Pontiac's does. To top it off, the driver's side door handle has fallen off three times. It has been very frustrating b/c I liked my little car when I got her. The issues we've had with it have not been my fault at all, but Nissan will not cover the repairs b/c they are cosmetic in nature. This is my third Nissan, and I have been VERY disappointed!!"

A Perfect Economy Car

By on Friday, May 25, 2012

Pros: "Great car to drive, perfect interior"

Cons: "want slightly better mpg"

"This car is wonderful for our small three person family. It is totally comfortable, plenty peppy, good on fuel and an overall pleasure to own. We recently took it on a three thousand mile road trip and I was amazed with the amount of space this car really has, even after owning it almost two years! A Great car, my only criticism is that I thought it may get a little better than 32mpg on average, I know that's not bad but I had a little higher expectations considering we do a lot of highway miles. A hybrid VERSA - what an idea!"

Basic model, excellent value

By on Thursday, April 19, 2012

Pros: "GREAT price, have had no reasons to repair it"

Cons: "basic package is too basic"

"We love our Versa. It is as basic as it gets, but the gas mileage is great, and we have had not had ANY major issues with it, and have had the car since 2009. I only wish we would have paid more money to get the power package, which would have certainly extended the lifetime of this car for our growing family."

I've only had my Versa 3 weeks and I love it.

By on Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, very comfotable for a small sedan"

Cons: "no mirror on the driver's side visor"

"I drove a Versa 4 years ago for a week and loved it, so when my 2001 Toyota finally died 3 weeks ago I decided to get a Versa, found a beautiful, sharp looking black 2010 hatchback, it drives well, is very comfortable and if all the reviews I've read are true I'm sure I made a good choice."

ROOMY, good mpg

By on Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Pros: "head/leg room, price, trunk size, mpg"

Cons: "no inside trunk release, no passenger door lock"

"Bought this car for $8100 in December of 2009. Added multi-disc OE, EBAY used audio for $90. Getting 40-41 mpg summers, 34-36 winters. Low gear ratio makes it unnecessary to downshift even on steep hills but running 3000 rpm's at 60 on highway, making car relatively noisy. Buffeted by winds because of high profile. Excellent head and leg room front and back. Sits up high, easy for 60 year old to get in and out of. Roomy trunk, but no inside trunk release very inconvenient. Floor mats ripped right off anchor (replaced under warranty)and vent controls stopped working (loose insulation blocked movement - they blamed it on critters, but it just let go on its own - fought with dealership for warranty repair and they finally agreed). Use studded snows and car gets through snow well. Original tires are nearly worn out at about 32K miles (I have gotten 40 to 60k out of earlier econobox tires). Overall a very good value (fingers crossed long-term)."

I do not know why more people do not buy one!

By on Thursday, April 05, 2012

"For a $10,000 vehicle, I have no idea why more people do not choose this for a commuter car. I got the "no frills no thrills" version and popped in my own Kenwood stereo for much less than the dealership, and I have never been happier! Unfortunately, I totaled it a week ago and for those that are curious, I walked away with very minor injuries!"

One of the best I've ever owned, at least so far.

By on Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Pros: "spacious, handles nice."

Cons: "upholstery is cheap quality and attracks lint"

"It's a great car!!I believe this car to be every bit as good as the Honda Fit. And, the cost is better than the Honda Fit."

Really fun and economicle

By on Sunday, April 01, 2012

"Bought it new in 07. Small car with lots of room. brother-in-law is 6'4" fits comfortably in the back seat. fully loaded still gets 36 miles to the gallon. has a lot of zip. 6 speed manual tranny. only issue i have with it, is from 1st to 2nd the gear switch is a little rough. but easily overcome with how you shift it. had it for 4 years now. and love it!!!"

Keep shopping...

By on Friday, March 30, 2012

Pros: "Gas Mileage, Stereo System"

Cons: "Everything Else"

"I have a 2011 Versa S. If you work close to home and don't do much driving you will probably like this car fairly well. If you are a road warrior like me, keep shopping. This car is very cheaply made, everything rattles and makes noise. The paint chips very easily. I hit a small peice of a tire on the freeway and it dented my front end so badly it now drags the ground. At 42,000 miles I had a blow out going 40 mph and it did $600 worth of damage to my axle and struts. Neither of which is covered under my "lifetime warranty". If you live in a very windy region of the country good luck keeping this car in your own lane because you'll get blown all over the place. The AC is very loud and sounds like it will break down at any minute. I've had this car for a little over a year now and I'm so over it. I'm trading in for a Toyota."

Great vehicle for the money

By on Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Pros: "Smooth ride, great for the price, plenty of room"

Cons: "gas mileage just ok"

"While the car design is not the sharpest, it is a quality car for the money paid. I have a 2008 Versa SL hatchback and have never had a problem with it. Storage space is good for a small car. It also has enough room to fit four people comfortably with a good amount of leg room in the front and back seats. I'm sure this car would not be sufficient if you are a big and/or tall person in which case I would not buy it. If you want this car, and any car for that matter, to handle good in the snow, buy good snow tires, thats all. The only thing that did not work too well on my car was the blue tooth, it would drop in and out sometimes, but that is just a convenience and does not reflect on how the car handles or performs. I do think the gas mileage should be better being that it is a small car and has the CVT transmission. I did get the estimated gas mileage that was state 33 highway and 27 city, but I still think it should be better."

GREAT CAR!!!

By on Tuesday, March 27, 2012

"I love my car. I have had this car for 4 years no problems at all. I am the only owner of the car and i have kept it very up to date. oil changes tires, and breaks. no issues at all. my miles are mostly higway miles and most of all its GREAT ON GAS!!! with the gas prices now it takes $40 to fill up the tank and thats using regular. What i paid for my car wasnt bad either."

love it

By on Sunday, March 25, 2012

"perfect for a single person who drives to and from work and weekend trips."