2010 Nissan Versa

8.4

Based on 509 Ratings for the 2007 - 2011 models.

Can't Beat It For The Money!

By on Monday, March 17, 2008

"I purchased my Versa S Hatchback in September 07. The vehicle currently has 18k miles. The only repair I've had performed was a tire air pressure sensor that malfuntioned. The local Nissan dealer performed the repair to my satisfaction. Gas mileage in the city has varied from 27-30 mpg depending on the season. Equipped with studded tires the mileage dropped off to 27 mpg this winter. Highway mileage has never been below 33 mpg and I have have obtained as high as 40 mpg when the vehicle was driven at 45-55 mph on a trip on the Oregon Coast. Highway mileage is typically 34-35 mpg. The vehicle is equipped with the manual 6 speed transmission. Bottom line on the gas mileage is that it all depends on how you drive. The interior room is great. I'm a tall guy and the Versa is much easier for me to get in and out of than my wife's 04 Nissan Maxima. It also has superior rear seat room for a small car. I wouldn't say the Versa is underpowered, but to get it to move out, you definitely have to get the rpm's above 3500. I understand that the Versa's top speed is 117 mph. That should be fast enough for most of us. The Versa rides well and is quiet on the highway. For the money it's one of the best car deals available."

Only one issue

By on Sunday, August 03, 2008

"I've owned my 2007 for two years and put 29000 on the car, but traded last week for a 2008 Versa SL with a few additional features. This is an outstanding car for a 6 foot 6 inch 61 year old guy. The leg room and comfort of the seats is excellent. The height adjustment for the driver is a real plus, as is the fold down armrest in the SL. The car always started. The CVT tranny is smooth with great acceleration off the line. Handling is fine with the electrically assisted steering. Road noise is nominal with engine noise only busy under heavy acceleration. The ride is great even with four adults in the car. Consistently, the mileage was 30 in town and 36 on the highway. which I consider superb. My car did not have ABS brakes, and the brakes, though very good, are subpar on snow/ice. The pads and shoes still had 75% left at 30,000, and the tires had more than 50% tread life left. So why trade it for a 2008? One singular important reason: the engine developed a persistent knock at 6500 miles. Three different dealers could not fix it, even with an engine tear down from the last dealer with oversight from a regional Nissan tech engineer. I was subsequently told that this is normal in the Versa. NOT! I've spoken with more than a few other Versa owners who said the problem didn't exist for them, and in each case they started their car for me to give a listen. They were right. Even my techs admitted the problem shouldn't be there. This was not a mild knock but so significant that numerous people heard it and asked me what was wrong with the engine. Frankly, I'd had it; but at the same time we loved the car so bought a new SL with all the bells and whistles. Love the intelligent key, bluetooth hands free phone link, premium sound system, and no engine knock. I'll be holding my breath until I pass 6500 miles. I would recommend this car unequivocally bearing in mind that I'm the only one who has complained about this type of noise to the best of my knowledge. There are other fine cars in the Versa SL's class for about the same money, but none of them have the visibility of the Versa, nor seat height or depth, nor more than ample front and rear leg and head room, nor load capacity. Interestingly I traded for only $2000.00 less than I paid for the car after driving it for a week short of two years, and nearly 30K miles. Wouldn't you consider that high trade in value at only a $1000.00 a year loss? Drive the car and decide for yourself. It's a good time to deal because dealers are motivated to liquidate the rolling stock they have on hand. $4.00 gasoline makes this more attractive day by day. Good luck in your search and purchase."

Nice value

By on Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Pros: "MPG,build quality,value"

Cons: "shocks"

"Bought this new in 7/10. Have had no real issues with the car.At the $16k prive point I was looking at low milage used cars, and the Toyotas,Hyundais, and Mazdas. The Versa felt the most...solid for a small car. Close the door and there is a real clunk, like a much larger car. Lots of interior room. I have had a bunch of hatches in my time, all VWs and like all of them when you put the rear seats down, there is plenty of room to haul stuff. They dont sit flat, but they sit better than most. Speaking of the rear seats, the room back sitting is GREAT. Very roomy. Our salesman stood a bit over 6 foot and he fit back there with ease! Getting around 33 mpg, mostly low speed thru town, highway will get 35+. Decent power out of the 1.8, and the belt driven trans has given me NO issues. Take a little to get used to, but it "shifts" very smooth. My only gripe is the shocks. They are rough.My Cobalt is much smoother over tracks than this car. Overall a decent value for the price. Resale is ehhh but if your looking for a runabout/work car that can haul stuff including a small family you could do worse than this car."

Good for everyday.

By on Thursday, August 23, 2007

"I bought the Versa within a month of when it was first introduced in the States and was excited to be one of the first to own it. I liked the look of it and the CVT transmission was a big draw. The interior is surprisingly roomy, everyone is usually surprised by it, and the upholstery is a fun color and stays looking clean and new. The only issue I have with it is that I am a heavy person and the front seats are a little narrow, plus I've already had to have one seat replaced because it was defective. I also had to have the wiring harness replaced within the first year because it was defective. It was a little obnoxious because the Tire Pressure Monitering light kept coming on, and after eight months of going back and forth with the Nissan dealership to get it checked out and cleared, they finally realized that it was a wiring glitch. I love having the controls for the bluetooth and the radio on the steering wheel, and everything is well organized and within reach. It handles well in any kind of weather I've experienced, including snow. We had a couple of heavy snow days and I was a little worried because of the iciness, but it handled perfectly. Also, I was recently rear-ended by a Jeep Liberty and I was surprised at how well the Versa stood up to it. There was a lot of rear end damage, but the frame held up really well and it was all easily fixed by a reputable body shop. I also feel safe on freeways and don't feel dwarfed by bigger vehicles like I sometimes feel in similar cars. Overall, I'm very happy with the car and would reccomend it to anyone wanting a dependable, everyday car."

Great Little Car

By on Friday, August 17, 2012

Pros: "Great value, reliable, comfortable, roomy, looks"

Cons: "Better quality interior = more maintenance"

Nice front view

"I love this car for what it is. I have had it 1 1/2 years, and have never had one single problem with it. This thing is 100% reliable. Will you get the comfort and convenience in this as a $65,000 car? No, but as I said, this car is great for what it is, and what you get for the price is great. The styling of the hatchback makes the car look much sportier than the sedan version, and to me, it looks like the rear matches the front better than the sedan. It has a lot of added options, most of which I have, and all of which make the driving experience just that more easy and comfortable (i.e. keyless entry, power windows, power locks, cruise control). The seating and ride quality is great for the sales price. The cargo volume is outstanding too, as you can fold the back seats down to double your trunk space. It's the only car among it's direct/common competitors that has a fully independent rear suspension. The shifting in this car (manual) is very smooth compared to others (I have driven/owned other direct competing cars). No car is absolutely flawless, though. So here are a couple of my personally deemed cons: The car is a just a little bit too high profile for my taste (vehicle height), and so it tends to catch wind easily. The interior, though looks great, is good quality, and is very comfortable, demands a little more maintenance than the cheaper interiors out there, as it tends to collect debris easier. And that's about the only negative things I can say! 2 cons, and 100 pros! :)"

Nice front view

Great Car for the Price

By on Thursday, May 21, 2009

"My wife and I bought this car while living in Florida. We were looking for an inexpensive commuter vehicle that got better than average mileage to have as a second car. For the price, this car has it all (except for looks). We are still getting upwards of 35 mpg on the highway and 30+ around town under normal driving conditions with the 4 spd auto tranny. Running the air or in very cold weather (we have since moved back to Maine) the mileage does drop a bit (maybe 10%). This is without the benefit of cruise control to keep truly steady cruising speed. Other pluses are the cavernous cargo area (seats down) and the more than ample rear leg room. The front seats are very comfortable and fairly supportive for long drives. They give a good upright driving position and you don't feel like you're sitting on the floor while driving. Even with the standard non-ABS brakes, we had no issues stopping during this past Maine winter. Overall, we're quite pleased with what the Versa has to offer."

Over 100,000 miles already!

By on Saturday, October 20, 2007

"I bought my Versa in July of '06 to use for my delivery business and to commute in. I drive 7,000 miles every month, so needless to say I needed a reliable car. The Versa had just what I was looking for. Small on the outside yet big on the inside. I got the standard 6-speed stick shift, because if I'm going to be stuck on the road 11 hours a day, I have to keep it fun. The gas mileage EPA rating is 30 city and 34 highway, and after filling up once a day for the past 15 months, heres my averages. I commute 65 miles to work on the highway at about 73 mph. I then spend the next 9 hours, and 250 or so miles, delivering packages all over southern California with a 50/50 mix of city and highway driving, before commuting 65 miles home. In the cooler months, with the A/C off, I would consitantly get 31 to 32 mpg. In the 100+ degree summer with the A/C on all day my average would drop to 29 to 30 mpg. Some people have reported much lower mpg numbers than what I've experienced. I think the key to high mpg statrs with smooth driving. With any vehicle, if you drive with a lead foot, it can really kill your mpg. Well 100,000 miles just rolled past on 10-14-07, and my Versa is still running like new. The only real downside to having all that interior space in such a light weight car is that it has a very tall profile, that catches crosswinds on really gusty days, slightly more than regular sedans do. The seat comfort remains top notch, and all the interior materials are holding up excellent. Well, wish me luck as I chase down 200,000 miles. See ya!"

love this little car

By on Monday, September 15, 2014

"Absolutely love this car - 7 years put 280,000 trouble free miles on it - don't feel like you are sitting in a small car - Only had to do regular maintanence and change the oil - great mileage 33/35 mpg - great get up and go."

I Love the Little Black Button

By on Friday, October 31, 2008

"I got the model with the one button door opener (right on the door), makes it SO convenient for moms with little ones, or just when you have your hands full. I don't see a lot with that feature, but I'm glad mine has it! My little red Versa was bashed into by a big ol' SUV, pushed it into the car in front - I was very impressed by how well it withstood the impact. Fortunately no one was in the car at the time, but if they had been, the car would have protected them. It seems to be a very well made little car - I love how little it is, yet it doesn't feel cramped at all. When I had to move my daughter out of her dorm room, I fit all her stuff in the back with the seats down. This small car can hold LOTS of cargo! It seems to go through tires fast, though, but that could just have to do with where I live."

Versa SL

By on Monday, September 22, 2008

"I bought the Versa SL, so my versa does have an armrest for the driver and it is super soft. This was my first new car and i am very satisfied with it! I looked at the fit, yaris, caliber, cobalt, spectra, rio, and many others and none compared to the value of the Versa. Also, i checked the insurance on every car i looked at and the Versa had far and away the best price, 50% lower than the Honda Fit! Also, the CVT is very, very fun to drive once you get used to it!"

Good Value

By on Sunday, April 06, 2008

"I have owned my SL for almost a year. I drive it conservatively about 300 miles a week. I have 12500 so far with no problems. I get about 31 MPG city and hwy. This is a very comfortable car to drive for tall people and those of us that have to use car seats in the back. No other small car was as roomy in the back and easier to put kids in and out. I also have grown to appreciate the CVT transmission. I was not sure how well they would hold out but it seems to be a realiable transmission. This is a very comfortable small car to drive"

Very good Car

By on Monday, March 04, 2013

Pros: "gas saver roomy interior great price"

Cons: "awkward interior set up"

"I have had my Versa for almost 2 years now. It has taken me many places and has served me very well. This car is defiantly a gas saver on an average week with gas prices in my home town at $3.57 a gallon I can fill it up with $30 and my husband can drive 24miles round trip to work 5days a week and we don't have to fill up again until the following Sunday. The interior is VERY roomy. My father-in-law is close to 7 feet tall and he can fit in the diver seat and passenger seat with ease. I only have a few negative things to say about my versa. The interior set up is a little different than what I was use to coming from a Pontiac grand-am. The cup holders are in an awkward position for both front and rear passengers. Also if u have a child in a toddler seat you cannot get it to sit level in the middle of the back seat with out a towel under the side of the car seat. Other than that this car is a dream to own and maintain. It's not going to win you and speed awards or fancy best in show comments but it is a well made dependable car."

2008 Versa Best In Its Class

By on Friday, September 26, 2008

"We chose the 2008 Versa over the Toyota Yaris, And Matrix, and also over the Mazda 3. Our price tag of 15000 covered power windows, doors and cruise control,and a nice alarm with keyless entry. The Mazda 3 was 3500 more and had crankup style windows and no power locks. The Versa definately gives you the most bang for your buck, Not to mention great gas Mileage. With our limo black window tint and nissan super black paint, its sporty as well."

Excellent MPG

By on Thursday, June 05, 2008

"I traded in my much loved Pathfinder as it only got 14 MPG. This Versa was the perfect solution. I love it, especially the 30+ MPG. Although it appears small, there's amazing head and leg room, my 5'9" daughter is comfortable in either the back or front, I also frequently have two child car seats in the back with no problem. When you put the two back seats down, there's an amazing amount of space, we've had 10 bags of mulch in it!"

this a great car

By on Sunday, November 04, 2007

"I have a 2007 versa sl with everything,except abs breaks.I have 16,000 on it. I am a 51 year old male,about 5'10 and it fits me nice,i have been watching the gas mileage and I found that if you drive between 69 an 70 miles an hour with the cruse control on I get 37.5 with the air off in town I get between 24 an 26 depends on my foot.overall this is great car for the money,the ride is very smooth at 70 and 80.I have owned about 30 car in my life and drove a lot of high price car that don't even ride like the versa or is quite in side like the versa.I hope this help"

great, smart, fun

By on Wednesday, February 18, 2015

"I have enjoyed driving this car and owning it since 2008. With the manual transmission it is fun and peppy with very nice handling characteristics. Seating, front and back, is far more comfortable than most cars(bigger or smaller.) Hatchback configuration makes it very adaptable to various carrying needs. Millage is good but not great(25-32), however, would not trade for decreased pep."

So reliable dealer bugs me constantly to trade it

By on Sunday, November 10, 2013

Pros: "Comfort, roomy, decent power for a 1.8L, reliable"

Cons: "interior rattles, come with bad tires"

Stopped in Gilroy, Ca on a 2,300 mile trip the first month of ownership. It's an absolute pleasure driving the Versa.

"I flat out said I wouldn't trade it for anything. This car has been incredibly reliable. The only thing that has gone wrong with it was a passenger power door lock actuator which was under warranty. I will say this about the Continental tires it came with. They had tread separation problems and they produced poor milage results. For the first year (about 12,000 miles) it never got better than 25 mpg. When I replaced the tires around the 35,000 mile mark I instantly started seeing 29 or 30 mpg depending on how fast I drove and if the AC was on. Verdict: Continental tires suck your gas milage. Ditch them for better tires. I'm betting when I replace the shocks I'll gain a few more mpg. This car is Roomy with a capital R for it's class and the seats are very comfortable. On a trip my mother and I took the first month I had it I easily drove 6 or 7 hours a day with only short stops for a quick meal and to use the restroom. I never drove more than 5 hours a day with previous cars I owned. I love it and you can't have it!!"

By on Monday, December 31, 2012

"I bought my brothers 2007 Nissan Versa off him almost a year ago. He bought the car from the original owners with only 30k miles on it. Since my brother bought the car, it has been a real trooper with only several complaints. Overall the car runs nice, and requires minimal maintenance here, and there(mostly wear and tear). Since 30k, we've replaced front tires(50k), and brakes all around(60k). Just the other day, i swapped out the original swaybar links up front because of an annoying clunk, and the car rides much better after doing so. The light illuminating the lock button on the driver side has gone out, and unfortunately, the rear windows will not roll up when you use the front control(they do work from the rear seats) this is bothersome but the quote is around $400 to have them fixed. Besides these problems, I've only done oil changes every 5k. My previous car was a 1996 Honda Accord 4cyl and I must say this is a huge improvement over the old Accord. It feels much lighter, and 10x's more fun to drive. The peppy feeling this car has makes it enjoyable to drive. Acceleration is junky at highway speeds, but off the line, it's got some GO for a measly 1.8. Overall I enjoy this car tremendously, and hope the reliability extends throughout its lifetime. As far as functionality goes, this hatchback is excellent. It will perfectly fit a specialized enduro in the boot with a quick drop of the back seats, and a tad scoot forward from the passenger seat. Just this week, i threw in a buddies 9'6 Bing elevator and the board fit perfectly without an inch to spare. Overall, this little hatchback is a ton of fun to drive with plenty of space for an active persons daily lifestyle!!"

Okay Car

By on Monday, May 11, 2009

"I have a S 2007 model and overall it is pretty great... gas milage just at 30, I have never gotten over 31. It lacks get up and go that for me is a must but other than that it is very spacious and reliable. I just wish it had more power behind it. Great for the money... btw mine was an automatic."

Great value very comfortable, minor issue when icy

By on Tuesday, February 10, 2009

"When i test drove this, the first thing i realized is that it felt more expensive than all the other cars in its price class- the seats were FAR more comfortable, it is quieter (less road noise) and the quality of the mechanics makes for a smooth and more powerful feeling drive than others in its price class. Also, my husband is 6'2" and the nissans in general have far more head room than the the competitors for tall people. It also has a suprising amount of leg room in both front and back seats considering how small it looks on the outside. I have taken it between Massachusetts and South Carolina and is comfortable for long trips. The trunk space is sufficient for large grocery trips, but not so big that I am tempted to leave random clutter back there - forces me to organize. The hatchback feature allows large items to be fit with ease, fit the boxes of a desk, hutch, and office chair (before assembly), groceries and 2 people with ease. I love the CVT transmission! No more worries about struggling to change gears. The only complaints I have is that access to the gas cap is through a swtich that, when icy outside, requires two people to use: one to pull the switch near the steering wheel and one to push the gas door open on the opposite side. However this is only when it is icy. It is also not streamlined enough to be quiet when the windows are open, however i did not expect this in a car in this price range. My other complaint is that the hatchback was not available in interesting colors like orange. I prefer earth colors and was reduced to metallic color choices. Overall though, great car very comfortable, reliable and feels like great quality. Love that my tall husband fits comfortably."

Good vehicle

By on Wednesday, April 09, 2008

"I have only had this car for a couple weeks, so mileage has been questionable -- 36 mph (some freeway) and 26 mph (city/highway). Pros: Seats seem to be nice for an inexpensive car, and the price was a good deal. I haven't driven on too many mountainous roads, so the pick up and go seems great to me (zippy). Power mirrors. Back seat area seems roomy. I had a Saturn, and this car is much higher. Safety seems pretty good, and it offers the side curtain. Cons: So called optional floormats and kickplate. Poorly placed cupholders. Not a lot storage space, and it's not really easy to haul a lot of things as the seats aren't flat when folded. It's also inconvenient as you can only open the hatch when the driver's door is unlocked, and there isn't a secondary way to open it (i.e. key option). I would suggest purchasing the power package. My co-worker is on her second Versa as the first was totaled (she felt completely safe and secure, though); she loved the 1st one, and she really loves the 2nd one with ... CVT?"

Versa Overview

By on Friday, January 04, 2008

"A good car for the money. Quality is what you would expect from a Nissan. Quality is about equal to a Toyota, almost as good as a Honda. This vehicle rides a bit bumpy. It really kinda "Bounces off" bumps. Test drive one and it will be apparent. The car is good and is almost as economical as advertised. You really have to Tach up the motor to get moving quick. The power resides from 4500 to 6000 RPM. At higher revolutions, the motor runs smooth. Runs like a top, but is doggy on the low end. Overall good value for the money!"

saves me money

By on Friday, November 16, 2007

"I am 6'8" and drive 100 miles a day to wook i need a car that i could fit in a nd get good gas mileage. I fit and right now i am averaging 32 miles to the gallon. A 14 miles per gallon more then my previous mini van"

Great Hatchback

By on Monday, October 15, 2007

"I love the comfort of my 2007 Versa SL. The CVT tranny is awesome when it comes to pickup speed to enter traffic. It is also smooth and quite. It handles well on curses as I did 60 on a 45mph curve. The car hugged it nicely and effortlessly. The interior quality surprised me in a good way. The roomyness inside is great, front and back. Blue tooth and 6 CD changer are nice options that I use all the time. I test drove the Honda Fit Sport and Toyota Yaris and the Versa won over hands down. I recommend the Versa over any hatchback in it's class."

I cried when I had to trade it for a bigger car

By on Friday, November 01, 2013

Pros: "roomy, fuel efficient, peppy"

Cons: "arm rest too short"

My Baby! The best car I ever owned.

"My Versa was an SL model, which I bought new in 2007. I test drove it b/c it had the largest interior space as any car in its class-- and I did sit in every one to compare cabin space. The Vera was by far the roomiest. It also was the most gas efficient vehicle at that time that could store a full-sized real estate sign in the hatchback with out a lot of gyration(including the Prius). What sold me was the Continuous Variable Transmission. I thought that this little 4 cyclinder vehicle would never give me the pep and confidence of my previous 6 cyl cars- I was wrong. The CVT (and whatever else they put in there)gives you so much power over reg 4 cyl vehicle. I was shocked. Second nice surprise, feeling the shift is almost non-existent. Great pick-up, and with the size of the Versa, I was able to zip around the highway so freely that I received the only 2 speeding tickets I ever got in my life during the first 2 years of ownership. I had to learn to hold that puppy back! I was pleasantly surprised, too, with the all the features and extras I got with my vehicle. My friend bought the Toyota "peer" in the same month. My Versa was more comfortable, had a smoother ride and had way more options and features as her Toyota at the same price. For the first 4 years, I rode it hard: over 22,000 miles/ year. Over recent the recent 3 years, it has carried me from VA to CA, and to Canada and back- twice. It has been virtually trouble-free: just brakes (once), tires (twice) and recently, the CVT transmission went out (at 105K miles) and Nissan replaced it at $0 cost to me. One other thing I had fixed recently was a wire in the steering wheel that got twisted, taking out the audio controls on the left side of the steering wheel-- a convenience item. I could not have been more thrilled with this vehicle. I think it get ignored or under-rated. I cried when I had to trade-up to a larger vehicle. Guess what I bought? A Nissan. -from a former Chrysler/Chevy/Oldsmobile/Ford/Honda owner"

My Baby! The best car I ever owned.