2009 Nissan Versa

8.4

Based on 500 Ratings for the 2007 - 2011 models.

Over 100,000 miles already!

By on Saturday, October 20, 2007

"I bought my Versa in July of '06 to use for my delivery business and to commute in. I drive 7,000 miles every month, so needless to say I needed a reliable car. The Versa had just what I was looking for. Small on the outside yet big on the inside. I got the standard 6-speed stick shift, because if I'm going to be stuck on the road 11 hours a day, I have to keep it fun. The gas mileage EPA rating is 30 city and 34 highway, and after filling up once a day for the past 15 months, heres my averages. I commute 65 miles to work on the highway at about 73 mph. I then spend the next 9 hours, and 250 or so miles, delivering packages all over southern California with a 50/50 mix of city and highway driving, before commuting 65 miles home. In the cooler months, with the A/C off, I would consitantly get 31 to 32 mpg. In the 100+ degree summer with the A/C on all day my average would drop to 29 to 30 mpg. Some people have reported much lower mpg numbers than what I've experienced. I think the key to high mpg statrs with smooth driving. With any vehicle, if you drive with a lead foot, it can really kill your mpg. Well 100,000 miles just rolled past on 10-14-07, and my Versa is still running like new. The only real downside to having all that interior space in such a light weight car is that it has a very tall profile, that catches crosswinds on really gusty days, slightly more than regular sedans do. The seat comfort remains top notch, and all the interior materials are holding up excellent. Well, wish me luck as I chase down 200,000 miles. See ya!"

I Love the Little Black Button

By on Friday, October 31, 2008

"I got the model with the one button door opener (right on the door), makes it SO convenient for moms with little ones, or just when you have your hands full. I don't see a lot with that feature, but I'm glad mine has it! My little red Versa was bashed into by a big ol' SUV, pushed it into the car in front - I was very impressed by how well it withstood the impact. Fortunately no one was in the car at the time, but if they had been, the car would have protected them. It seems to be a very well made little car - I love how little it is, yet it doesn't feel cramped at all. When I had to move my daughter out of her dorm room, I fit all her stuff in the back with the seats down. This small car can hold LOTS of cargo! It seems to go through tires fast, though, but that could just have to do with where I live."

Versa SL

By on Monday, September 22, 2008

"I bought the Versa SL, so my versa does have an armrest for the driver and it is super soft. This was my first new car and i am very satisfied with it! I looked at the fit, yaris, caliber, cobalt, spectra, rio, and many others and none compared to the value of the Versa. Also, i checked the insurance on every car i looked at and the Versa had far and away the best price, 50% lower than the Honda Fit! Also, the CVT is very, very fun to drive once you get used to it!"

Good Value

By on Sunday, April 06, 2008

"I have owned my SL for almost a year. I drive it conservatively about 300 miles a week. I have 12500 so far with no problems. I get about 31 MPG city and hwy. This is a very comfortable car to drive for tall people and those of us that have to use car seats in the back. No other small car was as roomy in the back and easier to put kids in and out. I also have grown to appreciate the CVT transmission. I was not sure how well they would hold out but it seems to be a realiable transmission. This is a very comfortable small car to drive"

love this little car

By on Monday, September 15, 2014

"Absolutely love this car - 7 years put 280,000 trouble free miles on it - don't feel like you are sitting in a small car - Only had to do regular maintanence and change the oil - great mileage 33/35 mpg - great get up and go."