2009 Nissan Versa

8.4

Based on 466 Ratings for the 2007 - 2011 models.

Worst car we've ever owned!

By on Tuesday, July 09, 2013

Reason: Poor quality

Pros: "Smooth ride"

Cons: "Bad gas mileage, too many problems"

"We bought this car in March with 45,000 miles used. We thought it was amazing to get a car 5 years old with only that many miles. It was too good to be true. We replaced the tires within the FIRST week we bought it. Brakes were replaced the following week, and the same week our tire sensor went out. Our folding bench seat is broke, the locking mechanism doesn't lock so the seats can't be sat on and the locking portion of the seat where it folds down is jammed so we have to keep the seats folded down to keep them from falling onto passengers. The passenger seat's adjustable lever to move the seat forward and backward snapped off last month and the car lot we're buying from refuses to fix ANYTHING! We're getting approximately 9 miles to the gallon, every time we fill the car up we reset the "A to B" mileage tracker. The car lot charged us a total of $21,000 and we've already invested over $7,000 into this car, and we're definitely letting it go back. I would NOT buy this car or recommend it to ANYONE!"

Great ride for tall people

By on Tuesday, July 02, 2013

Pros: "Quiet, dependable, great stereo, gas mileage"

Cons: "glovebox cover scratches easily,seats attract lint"

""I am nearly 6 feet tall and the Nissan Versa S HB is perfect for me and my nephews (6 foot and 6'5"). We all fit comfortably in this car that offers plenty of leg and head room; even in the back seats. It runs smoothly, and after two years still looks great inside and out. The engine is quiet and the sound system (I have the basic one) is excellent. Great gas mileage for city driving and easily handles parking that requires tight maneuvering. The tinted windows are an added plus and they keep a great deal of the outside noise -- outside. This car rides comfortably and quietly and I can't imagine changing cars any time in the near future!""

Cons: "Glovebox cover scratches easily,seats attract lint"

"I am nearly 6 feet tall and the Nissan Versa S HB is perfect for me and my nephews (6' and 6'5"). We all fit comfortably in this car that offers plenty of leg/head room; even in the back seats. It runs smoothly, and after two years still looks great. The engine is quiet and the sound system (I have the basic one) is excellent. Great gas mileage for city driving and easily handles parking that requires tight maneuvering. The tinted windows are an added plus and they keep a great deal of the outside noise -- outside. I can't imagine changing cars any time in the near future!"

Cons: "Glovebox cover scratches easily,seats attract lint"

"I am nearly 6 feet tall and the Nissan Versa S HB is perfect for me and my nephews (6 foot and 6'5"). We all fit comfortably in this car that offers plenty of leg and head room; even in the back seats. It runs smoothly, and after two years still looks great inside and out. The engine is quiet and the sound system (I have the basic one) is excellent. Great gas mileage for city driving and easily handles parking that requires tight maneuvering. The tinted windows are an added plus and they keep a great deal of the outside noise -- outside. I can't imagine changing cars any time in the near future!"

A good vehicle

By on Friday, June 28, 2013

Pros: "Great fuel mileage, Smooth ride."

Cons: "Small fuel tank, no console,"

"I've owned this vehicle about 2 years. I drive this care A LOT. I have not had any mechanical problems since I bought it. However, I have had to replace 2 of the tires due to flats. Mine does not have extras: cruise control, keyless entry, power seats - I would get the extras if I had it to do over. The interior is a bit cramped for men. I'm a 5'5'' female and weigh 110, so it works for me. May be uncomfortable for a person of larger stature. The backseat sits 3 average size people comfortably- again, may be uncomfortable for larger people. There is not much "storage". Example: no center console. I love the hatchback- Plenty of room for groceries for my family of four. The back seats fold flat to make room for moving large items. I brought home a 50" tv comfortably. The car drives very smoothly on the highway for a small car."

Looks good, but...

By on Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Reason: It fell apart

Pros: "cheap, great on gas"

Cons: "cheaply made, expensive to fix"

"I bought this car primarily for the fuel efficiency. It is fuel efficient, drives very nice and has a big back seat for such a small car. I blew a tire on the high way about a year after I got it. It caused $2500 worth of damage. Yes a blown tire caused the hood to be off center, the fender was destroyed, and the bumper was torn up. The replacement hub cap was almost $100. The rim has to be ordered from Nissan, also very expensive. Just over a year after that we had a bad wind storm and the bumper was essentialy blown off of the car. You read that right, the wind blew the bumper off of the car. It was cheap and easy at the time i bought it but the cost of repairs is outragous. I traded it in last weekend, even still owing more than it is worth, just to get away from it before the next windstorm."

Best value ever

By on Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Pros: "Love the interior very spacious"

Cons: "gas millage good just wish it was a little better"

"I have loved this car from day one drives great comfortable on long trips and you can get a lot into it"