2009 Nissan Versa

8.4

Based on 465 Ratings for the 2007 - 2011 models.

Great ride for tall people

By on Tuesday, July 02, 2013

Pros: "Quiet, dependable, great stereo, gas mileage"

Cons: "glovebox cover scratches easily,seats attract lint"

""I am nearly 6 feet tall and the Nissan Versa S HB is perfect for me and my nephews (6 foot and 6'5"). We all fit comfortably in this car that offers plenty of leg and head room; even in the back seats. It runs smoothly, and after two years still looks great inside and out. The engine is quiet and the sound system (I have the basic one) is excellent. Great gas mileage for city driving and easily handles parking that requires tight maneuvering. The tinted windows are an added plus and they keep a great deal of the outside noise -- outside. This car rides comfortably and quietly and I can't imagine changing cars any time in the near future!""

Cons: "Glovebox cover scratches easily,seats attract lint"

"I am nearly 6 feet tall and the Nissan Versa S HB is perfect for me and my nephews (6' and 6'5"). We all fit comfortably in this car that offers plenty of leg/head room; even in the back seats. It runs smoothly, and after two years still looks great. The engine is quiet and the sound system (I have the basic one) is excellent. Great gas mileage for city driving and easily handles parking that requires tight maneuvering. The tinted windows are an added plus and they keep a great deal of the outside noise -- outside. I can't imagine changing cars any time in the near future!"

Cons: "Glovebox cover scratches easily,seats attract lint"

"I am nearly 6 feet tall and the Nissan Versa S HB is perfect for me and my nephews (6 foot and 6'5"). We all fit comfortably in this car that offers plenty of leg and head room; even in the back seats. It runs smoothly, and after two years still looks great inside and out. The engine is quiet and the sound system (I have the basic one) is excellent. Great gas mileage for city driving and easily handles parking that requires tight maneuvering. The tinted windows are an added plus and they keep a great deal of the outside noise -- outside. I can't imagine changing cars any time in the near future!"

A good vehicle

By on Friday, June 28, 2013

Pros: "Great fuel mileage, Smooth ride."

Cons: "Small fuel tank, no console,"

"I've owned this vehicle about 2 years. I drive this care A LOT. I have not had any mechanical problems since I bought it. However, I have had to replace 2 of the tires due to flats. Mine does not have extras: cruise control, keyless entry, power seats - I would get the extras if I had it to do over. The interior is a bit cramped for men. I'm a 5'5'' female and weigh 110, so it works for me. May be uncomfortable for a person of larger stature. The backseat sits 3 average size people comfortably- again, may be uncomfortable for larger people. There is not much "storage". Example: no center console. I love the hatchback- Plenty of room for groceries for my family of four. The back seats fold flat to make room for moving large items. I brought home a 50" tv comfortably. The car drives very smoothly on the highway for a small car."

Looks good, but...

By on Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Reason: It fell apart

Pros: "cheap, great on gas"

Cons: "cheaply made, expensive to fix"

"I bought this car primarily for the fuel efficiency. It is fuel efficient, drives very nice and has a big back seat for such a small car. I blew a tire on the high way about a year after I got it. It caused $2500 worth of damage. Yes a blown tire caused the hood to be off center, the fender was destroyed, and the bumper was torn up. The replacement hub cap was almost $100. The rim has to be ordered from Nissan, also very expensive. Just over a year after that we had a bad wind storm and the bumper was essentialy blown off of the car. You read that right, the wind blew the bumper off of the car. It was cheap and easy at the time i bought it but the cost of repairs is outragous. I traded it in last weekend, even still owing more than it is worth, just to get away from it before the next windstorm."

Best value ever

By on Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Pros: "Love the interior very spacious"

Cons: "gas millage good just wish it was a little better"

"I have loved this car from day one drives great comfortable on long trips and you can get a lot into it"

Not what I expected

By on Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Pros: "Spacious Interior"

Cons: "Bad Gas Mileage, Uncomfortable, Cheap Finish Out"

"This car is not what it seems. Despite being advertised as a gas saver it only averages 21 mpg. The absolute best being 23.7 mpg... About the same as a full sized luxury sedan. Though the interior is very spacious offering lots of head room and good leg room in the back this is not at all true for the driver. At 6' this is a very uncomfortable car to drive. The peddles are too close the seat and the steering wheel it too far away. I have to push the seat all the way back which is still not enough. As a result the steering wheel is far away and I have to hyper-extend my arms to reach it. Additionally the front seats are narrow and do not offer any lumbar support. I have to use a back pillow. The interior feels and looks cheap with all of the hard plastics and cheap seat covering. Without the CVT transmission the engine is loud and weak. There is a massive blind spot due to the huge pillars by the hatchback thus visibility is very limited. My car does not have electric locks or windows with is awful in this car. The locks are located by the door handle which makes it hard to unlock the back doors. You have to feel up and down the door looking for the locks. Before I got this car I did not know they still made cars with out electric windows or locks... Also there is no lighting in front which is awful at night. Though the back seats do fold down they do not do so flat with greatly limits what you can haul. I have not have any problems with the engine though the brakes have started squeaking this is something that it normal on Versas and Altimas. It is annoying but not dangerous... All in all I would not recommend this car to anyone. It gets poor gas mileage and the interior is poorly designed."