2009 Nissan Versa

8.4

Based on 509 Ratings for the 2007 - 2011 models.

By on Monday, November 09, 2009

Nice Compact Car

By on Sunday, October 18, 2009

"After driving SUV's forever, I decided it was time to get something with better mileage. I drove and looked at the competition and this car was my pick, hands down. I love it so much."

GREAT COMMUTER CAR

By on Saturday, October 03, 2009

"Best Bang for the buck! Bought mine 08, so far it's been reliable, CVT trans. recommended, very satisfied with my Versa."

Very Good Vehicle

By on Friday, September 25, 2009

"My 2009 SL hatchback is as advertised. A very comfortable, dependable vehicle, with no major complaints. I would be happier with a telescoping steering wheel; and rear view mirror switches that could be reached with the driver in a normal sitting position. (Maybe my arms are too short)."

Darned good car

By on Saturday, August 29, 2009

"HIGHLIGHTS: The roomy interior belies its sub-compact exterior. I'm a tall man, and its entryway is not a head-bumper. There is more than enough room for 4 people, even with the driver's seat all the way back, leg room is adequate for the average person. The trunk held 4 huge bags my daughter stuffed in it when she returned from 2 years in London, England. A/C is fine, as is the heating system and the CV transmission is marvelous. Cruise-control maintains its setting with extreme accuracy. Seats are the most comfortable I've had in any of my cars. They're almost like easy chairs with excellent back support. Handling is not what one would expect from a sports car, but the Versa is not a sports car. For me, it maneuvers just fine. Extras are more than adequate and some are pleasant surprises. The sound system is great, and the fact that it accepts my iPod is a huge plus. Instruments are easy to read and well lit. For some reason, Consumers said the volume control was difficult to reach. In my opinion, they couldn't be more wrong. DOWNERS: The mileage isn't what one could reasonably expect from such a small car, but 29-31 mpg in town is not too bad. I know Consumers insists that it averages 26-27, but I've never had mileage that low and I am not light-footed. However, if Consumers is correct (and they're not always) Toyota and Honda both make sub compacts that offer much better mileage. Whether or not I would enjoy driving them as much, I cannot say. The steering wheel needs to extend. It's too far from the driver. I could wish I had anti-lock brakes but they were almost impossible to find in the 2007 Versa."