2009 Nissan Versa

8.4

Based on 504 Ratings for the 2007 - 2011 models.

LOVE IT!!

By on Thursday, February 28, 2008

"I agree with all the other reviews, the mpg is not as great as they claim, but it's still considerably good. I absolutely love everything about this car, the stereo sounds great, there is so much room and great for road trips. I've been in so many snow storms this winter, and not one problem. My Versa has done better than my room mates Volkswagen Golf, Mazda 3, and Honda Accord. There have been times when I thought "There is no way I'm getting through this snow" and sure enough, it makes it every time, without one problem. I bought this car because of a friend, and I've had two friends buy this car because of me."

Good for everyday.

By on Thursday, August 23, 2007

"I bought the Versa within a month of when it was first introduced in the States and was excited to be one of the first to own it. I liked the look of it and the CVT transmission was a big draw. The interior is surprisingly roomy, everyone is usually surprised by it, and the upholstery is a fun color and stays looking clean and new. The only issue I have with it is that I am a heavy person and the front seats are a little narrow, plus I've already had to have one seat replaced because it was defective. I also had to have the wiring harness replaced within the first year because it was defective. It was a little obnoxious because the Tire Pressure Monitering light kept coming on, and after eight months of going back and forth with the Nissan dealership to get it checked out and cleared, they finally realized that it was a wiring glitch. I love having the controls for the bluetooth and the radio on the steering wheel, and everything is well organized and within reach. It handles well in any kind of weather I've experienced, including snow. We had a couple of heavy snow days and I was a little worried because of the iciness, but it handled perfectly. Also, I was recently rear-ended by a Jeep Liberty and I was surprised at how well the Versa stood up to it. There was a lot of rear end damage, but the frame held up really well and it was all easily fixed by a reputable body shop. I also feel safe on freeways and don't feel dwarfed by bigger vehicles like I sometimes feel in similar cars. Overall, I'm very happy with the car and would reccomend it to anyone wanting a dependable, everyday car."

A good car.

By on Tuesday, March 11, 2008

"I too can basically agree with the others, but my only complaints are that the AC is weak, the speakers aren't great, it doesn't drive well on snowy road conditions & during long trips the seats tend to feel a little stuff. But other than that I really like my Versa."

Great Little Car

By on Friday, August 17, 2012

Pros: "Great value, reliable, comfortable, roomy, looks"

Cons: "Better quality interior = more maintenance"

Nice front view

"I love this car for what it is. I have had it 1 1/2 years, and have never had one single problem with it. This thing is 100% reliable. Will you get the comfort and convenience in this as a $65,000 car? No, but as I said, this car is great for what it is, and what you get for the price is great. The styling of the hatchback makes the car look much sportier than the sedan version, and to me, it looks like the rear matches the front better than the sedan. It has a lot of added options, most of which I have, and all of which make the driving experience just that more easy and comfortable (i.e. keyless entry, power windows, power locks, cruise control). The seating and ride quality is great for the sales price. The cargo volume is outstanding too, as you can fold the back seats down to double your trunk space. It's the only car among it's direct/common competitors that has a fully independent rear suspension. The shifting in this car (manual) is very smooth compared to others (I have driven/owned other direct competing cars). No car is absolutely flawless, though. So here are a couple of my personally deemed cons: The car is a just a little bit too high profile for my taste (vehicle height), and so it tends to catch wind easily. The interior, though looks great, is good quality, and is very comfortable, demands a little more maintenance than the cheaper interiors out there, as it tends to collect debris easier. And that's about the only negative things I can say! 2 cons, and 100 pros! :)"

Nice front view

Great Car for the Price

By on Thursday, May 21, 2009

"My wife and I bought this car while living in Florida. We were looking for an inexpensive commuter vehicle that got better than average mileage to have as a second car. For the price, this car has it all (except for looks). We are still getting upwards of 35 mpg on the highway and 30+ around town under normal driving conditions with the 4 spd auto tranny. Running the air or in very cold weather (we have since moved back to Maine) the mileage does drop a bit (maybe 10%). This is without the benefit of cruise control to keep truly steady cruising speed. Other pluses are the cavernous cargo area (seats down) and the more than ample rear leg room. The front seats are very comfortable and fairly supportive for long drives. They give a good upright driving position and you don't feel like you're sitting on the floor while driving. Even with the standard non-ABS brakes, we had no issues stopping during this past Maine winter. Overall, we're quite pleased with what the Versa has to offer."