2009 Nissan Versa

8.4

Based on 481 Ratings for the 2007 - 2011 models.

Only car I've ever had that surpasses EPA ratings.

By on Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Pros: "Great price for all the features it contains."

Cons: "A little noisey at 70mph. No telesopic stearing."

"I'm 56 and have had many cars. This is the only one EVER to surpass the EPA gas ratings! 38 mpg combined! It does make a difference in how I drive, but I've never got below 32mpg. It's very roomy and great on trips. The ride is great for the size. Of course it's not as comfee as my big Buick, but far more comfortable than other midsize cars. Has all the power you need in a midsize. It could be quieter on the open road, but again, it's not a $50k+ full size car. It's an awesome midsize car with the mpg of a subcompact."

I Love the Versa Sedan

By on Thursday, October 30, 2014

Pros: "$9999 Price, Fun to drive, No issues"

Cons: "Light at 2400llbs. Add 180 lbs & snow tires"

"I bought the Versa as my winter vehicle to my 2009 Nissan cube summer ride. The Versa sedan is the best car on the road for the buck. We push 39 MPG out of it with the 5 speed. The only changes to the car are: -Side window visors (for rainy hot days-no AC) -Rear roof spoiler -Front air dam -Radio with CD -Sub woofer -cold air intake Its a blast to drive. Not powerful, but responsive. I would never recommend the CVT for anyone that loves a manual shift car. No issues other than a few weeks during cold weather, the car cut out for a split second a few times. Turned out to be moisture near the coil packs. this happens on modern day cars. Still has the original rear brakes at 60,000 miles. Only other replacements have been: Front rotors and pads Starter (covered by Nissan One Warranty). Perfect car. I will not buy a new one because we think they are not attractive. We will get a Nissan Juke though :-)"

Trouble free and fun to drive.

By on Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Pros: "Great price, very roomy, front and back legroom"

Cons: "Manual tranmission gearing - low gear is too high"

"This is simply the most car for the money. It is extremely roomy inside with great legroom front and back (I am 6'6" tall). Interior appointments good for an economy car. Power locks and windows, remote entry are standard features. Steering is light and precise and brakes feel solid."

good Car for collage kid

By on Thursday, October 16, 2014

Pros: "fair gas mileage lots of room front and back seats"

Cons: "paint chips to easy"

"this entry level car from Nissan is a great car for the money. I have had very low maint. cost on this car with 83000 miles it still has OE brakes and battery this is a great work car or first car for kids all the way thru collage. for me it was a good bang for the buck. I think 200k will be no issue. I am a keep the car in shape person change oil every 5k air and cabin filters every 15k the car is checked every 5k the tires are balanced and rotated at oil changes the car gets checked top to bottom then."

Very comfortable and reliable! Nice colors too.

By on Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Pros: "Excellent handling, visibility and space inside"

Cons: "3-4 sec gearbox time delay from forward to reverse"

"Tremendously spacious for a small hatchback, including plenty of room for tall adults' legs in the back!. Also does not give you claustrophobia, as the "driver cockpit" cars like Prius and Fit. It is actually practical to slide over from the driver's seat to the passenger seat! Much better visibility all round than most competing cars. Great acceleration and CVT transmission is very smooth, but only moderate gas mileage at about 30 mpg mixed. Nice tight turning circle, too."

Sad to consider letting her go

By on Sunday, September 28, 2014

Pros: "Virtually no mechanical problems"

Cons: "Too little ground clearance"

"I've had this '09 Versa hatchback for 4.5 years now, she's at 112k miles and the only trouble I've had was two years ago when the transmission went out. Well, turned out there was a recall for this model/year on transmissions so I got it completely replaced, completely free. Other than that, no problem with any other system, major or minor! The car is good on gas, handles nicely and the seats are so comfortable that long trips are very pleasant. This was my first hatchback and now I don't think I could ever go back to having a regular trunk again. Especially with the fold-down rear seats, this tiny car has hauled some surprisingly large items. I also love the smart key, namely the fact that it will not let you lock the keys inside the car, something I "try" to do on an embarrassingly frequent basis. Nice to have a car smarter than I am. My minor complaints are that there are no cupholders in the back seat area, and the rubber door trim started coming off very early on. My one major complaint is the poor ground clearance. This makes bumps and dips a real problem and I've had trouble keeping the bumper on almost this whole time."

Heat and air quit working

By on Friday, September 26, 2014

Pros: "Interior space"

Cons: "no heat or air"

"Very disappointed in this car. I have a 2008 Nissan Versa. The muffler came loose and randomly fell off 2 years ago. The heat and air are unreliable. The heat and AC have been going out for the past 1 1/2 years. No air will blow, regardless of the setting. Mechanic unable to do problem since it works fine on week, then won't work at all the next. It tends to quit working during the coldest winter weather and hottest summer. Also, it has a very noisy ride, especially with the windows rolled down. It does not handle well when driving, especially in the wind. The gas mileage is not as good as I would expect from a compact car. I average about 28mpg hwy driving. The only good thing about this car is the interior room. There is much more leg space than can be expected for a car this size."

Great sedan.

By on Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Pros: "great price"

Cons: "Fabric Seats attract animal, human hair."

"After owning a late 1990's Camaro, the change to the Versa was quite a difference. On the positive note, I wanted a change to a Sedan that was inexpensive and the Versa fit that need. I purchased my used Versa on 06/23/2012. It is very reliable, more nimble than I expected, and the acceleration is good."

Excellent

By on Monday, September 15, 2014

Pros: "Excellent car if you want a money saver."

Cons: "Not to good for big guys."

"So far I have not any mechanical problem with this car, only the regular maintenance, oil change,new tires, etc. It was a good invesment."

love this little car

By on Monday, September 15, 2014

"Absolutely love this car - 7 years put 280,000 trouble free miles on it - don't feel like you are sitting in a small car - Only had to do regular maintanence and change the oil - great mileage 33/35 mpg - great get up and go."

love this little car

no problems at all

By on Monday, September 15, 2014

Pros: "good car/relaiable"

"Excellent shape bought it brand new out of showroom floor"

Great reliable no frills transportation

By on Friday, September 12, 2014

Pros: "Interior Space, Reliabliity, value"

Cons: "Engine and road noise, uninspiring interior"

"Very reliable but somewhat unrefined. Lots of plastic inside. Engine has decent power for the class but has a loud tick when cold. Incredible interior room inside. Sits high enough off the ground so you don't have to climb in and out of it. Handling is good. Rides good on the highway. Gas mileage is decent, average about 24-25mpg in combined driving. Overall a very good commuter car, which is what I bought it for."

Great car.

By on Thursday, September 11, 2014

Pros: "Overall cost, room , MPG,reliability, speed"

Cons: "Leg room for tall drivers, muflr weld brk @ 80K."

"I wanted a basic car. I don't need all kinds of bells and whistles and have had great experiences with several Nissan vehicles over the years. I chose the hatchback Versa and it hasn't let me down. I bought it new in 2009 and it has a little over 104,000 miles on it. It has gone everywhere I needed it to go, has enough power to scoot pretty good when need be and can carry items that you wouldn't think would fit in the car. I bought a full size recliner and was able to fit it in the back. The only 2 problems I have had with it is the muffler weld broke around 80,000. It broke from the flange so it was an easy fix. The other is leg room. I am 6ft and for extended driving it gets a bit uncomfortable as I can't stretch out even with the seat all the way back. Oh well, I still love my little car. I know I can get in it and it will start and I can get to where I'm going. The gas mileage is still around 33 MPG or so if I am not doing 80 with the AC on. The gearing in the transmission is really interesting. The car has 122 HP and 127 FT.LBS. of tourque. I have had motorcycles that have had more. BUT when I'm driving and I need to pass, the pick up from 60-70 MPH to 80-90 is pretty amazing. It is pretty quick for what it is at these speeds. Overall it has been an outstanding little car. Everything I need and nothing I don't. Great little car."

Best vehicle I have owned; Better than my Honda!

By on Saturday, September 06, 2014

"This is a beautiful snow-white Nissan Versa SL, with black & slate interior, and in immaculate condition inside and out. Expect a high ride with your Versa, compared to other smaller cars, and this one comes equipped with a 3-speed automatic transmission, cruise control, tire pressure monitoring system, CD player and an awesome sound system."

I love my car!

By on Saturday, August 30, 2014

"I love Nissan, this is my second one and I will buy another!"

Red, sliding sunroof, spoiler, hatchback,

By on Wednesday, August 06, 2014

Pros: "Great car"

Cons: "No cons"

"Great car. New tires. 35mpg hwy. Only selling because I am buying a friends car that she is selling and I have been waiting on it a few years."

Great Car Overall: Body of the car is flimsy

By on Friday, July 11, 2014

Pros: "Cost, Reliability, Ride, Handling"

Cons: "Body, small cup holders, width"

"2010 Nissan Versa: bought this car to replace Grand Marquis that broke down with only 30K miles. I have 60K miles on this Nissan and have had '0' mechanical issues. I had a 1991 Nissan Versa and put 100K miles on it in 3-years w/out any issues. Nissan's have been reliable and great value for your money. Even for a small sedan this vehicle is a pleasure to drive and my kids (x4) love to ride in it. Nissan's even come with a spare tire which in this time of companies skimping back is a plus especially when you get a flat (which we did). There is allot of power with this car to the point that sometime there is more power in comparison to acceleration (then the transmission can handle). The body of the car is flimsy and susceptible to easily being damaged. The front and sides crumples easily in light impacts."

Fits me perfectly!

By on Sunday, June 22, 2014

Pros: "Handles well and is economical to drive."

"I wasn't too sure I would like the Versa after having the Sentra for so many years, but I believe I like it better. The only thing I really don't like is that the middle arm rest in the front doesn't come forward enough for short people like me. Otherwise, I am extremely happy with it!"

the versa is rock steady on the road.

By on Friday, June 13, 2014

Pros: "as above"

Cons: "as above"

"versa is a delight to drive. holds the road like velcro. incredible leg room in front, and back. my only issue is the rear shocks or the suspension. wish it was more comfortable when going over bumps/humps. love the car has a blast driving it on the freeway. does great on mileage. am almost sixty, but behind the wheel i become a early twenties young man.love this car. i had a 1993 altima which held the road just like this one. love this car."

most reliable car I've ever owned...

By on Monday, April 14, 2014

Pros: "love the front wheel drive and cvt is great!"

Cons: "does have some road noise"

"Had new plugs put in at 90,000 miles; mechanic said the engine still looked like new and needs no additonal work. This has been the most reliable car I've ever owned! Drove it to work 50 miles round-trip every day ..... no problems! Even drove like a champ on ice...."

good for the money

By on Monday, April 07, 2014

Pros: "roomy interior, fuel efficient, reliable"

Cons: "noisy interior, flimpsy exterior dents easy"

"Very reliable small car. No mechanical problems with just regular maintenance. It has a noisy interior and if you're caught by a strong wind, hang on! If you might get in a major accident, chose something sturdier. Fuel efficiency is great and easy to squeeze/park in the crowded city. The interior is very spacious and 4 people can ride long distance comfortably."

First foriegn car

By on Sunday, April 06, 2014

Pros: "handles great, fun to drive in the country"

Cons: "windows weren't child proof"

"I usually buy American made but my son took me for a drive in his car and it was a smooth ride. I can put my scooter in the back and it's easy to get it in and out because of the size of the compartment behind the back seats, the hatchback makes it so easy. I get great miliage sometimes as much as 340 miles a tank, depending on where I'm driving and if it's on the thruway, country roads, or city driving. The only thing I didn't like was the windows were child proof and my dog rolled the window down and jumped out at a red light, lol, thank heaven the car wasn't moving. It's a good car and because it is I'm not sure what I want to buy next."

Reliable

By on Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Pros: "Reliable"

Cons: "Tan seats (but I have seat covers)"

"I got this car in 2010 brand new and I get all my oil changes on time and I have never had any problems. I love this car because it has never given me a hard time. It is ready whenever I am ready to go! I drive it everyday downtown and back home. I love it! It is also surprisingly spacious. Freshman year of college I was able to make one trip with all of my stuff for my dorm. I have also comfortably gone on trips. It is all around a great car and I am lucky to have the reliability."

one word best describes this car-"adequate "

By on Sunday, March 23, 2014

Pros: "economy..reliabilty..low cost"

Cons: "no arm rest, minor cosmetic problems"

"Good solid car. Get 30 MPG on regular basis.clunking or knocking in front steering since new, dealer could not fix. Gets blown around on highway on windy days.Never broke down, only needed battery (40k) and tire pressure sensors at 65K. Good value if basic transportation is your goal."