2008 Nissan Versa

8.4

Based on 496 Ratings for the 2007 - 2011 models.

Versa great for the money

By on Saturday, November 03, 2007

"There are many cars out there these days to choose from but the Versa has some options that others do not for a car in its price range. What about the dash vinyl I read where it was engineered to resist fading in FLORIDA ; pretty impressive. Mileage, all of the manufacturers tout this and that but overall it sure does a pretty good job at mileage I would say at least 32 is what I am getting. I have a no frills model ; the way I like it. I had an issue with the A/C because of a sensor dealer was a pain on that one but did get it fixed. The hubcaps I have were defective and they replaced them all ; WAY COOL. Lets be real there are other manufacturers offering 100000 mile warranties ; the real deal is getting it !!! LOL !! Its like an HMO !! The Nissan Versa has an engine thats been around 4EVER and it has a timing chain and not a belt ; THINK ABOUT IT ! Anyways great little car for the money ; cant be beat. Comfortable l, in fact on a recent vacation I spent the night sleepin in the seat because it was better than the bed at Holiday INN. Toyota and Civic seats are like bricks. Later"

great car!

By on Thursday, November 01, 2007

"I purchased my 2008 Versa 1 month ago. It's a great car! I'm tall and have no problem with leg room in either the front or back seat. It's very attractive and I get alot of compliments on it's styling. I do wish it came in other colors and with leather seats, but this car is a terrific value. I strongly recommend it, especially for those on a budget."

Not What Was Advertised

By on Tuesday, October 30, 2007

"We were less than a mile from the dealership in our new Versa when the door locks shorted out. 4 trips and almost 40 days total in the shop and they "think" its fixed. The gas mileage has been consistently lower than the minimum expected. The 30 to 36 range has been 25 to 28 on each tank since the purchase. One all highway trip did get us 29mpg. It is roomy enough for a family of five but the problems as well as performance below advertised have not made this car a pleasure to own."

Few Problems

By on Friday, October 26, 2007

"Had a few problems with my Versa. Tire light came on many times. Had that fixed fuel pump went bad had that fixed, gas tank leaked, had that fixed. Pass air bag had to be fixed. Front dash came loose had that fixed. Gas mileage always around 26mpg. other then that all is well."

Great Value

By on Thursday, October 25, 2007

"We had been looking for a new vehicle and test drove the Honda Fit, Toyota Matrix, and Nissan Versa. The Nissan definitely won us. We have a Nissan Pathfinder with over 300k miles and it hasn't been in the shop yet! I'm hoping I get the same reliability from the versa. The front seats are a little uncomfortable for long trips if your tall. But overall it's a great car with an upgraded feel without the upgraded price. I get on average 31 mpg. Being in the south I always have my ac on. Not sure why others are having such low mpg. I sit in bumper to bumper traffic everyday but I don't have a lead foot attitude so maybe that's why. Love my Versa and will be purchasing one for my son."

claustrophobic!

By on Monday, October 22, 2007

"The little car has real style, unlike a lot of the cars manufactured of late. I really like the profile! The trunk seems roomy, and the interior is acceptable. My only real complaint is there is little or no storage space for purses, maps, ice scraper,etc. Also,I feel very vulnerable in traffic, like a 4x4 could drive right over the top of us. The performance, quality, reliability ratings i gave were 4 stars, as all new cars should be above average here."

By on Saturday, October 20, 2007

"good vale for money drives good, plenty of room"

What a find!!

By on Saturday, October 20, 2007

"I bought my Versa in Sept, 2007 and what a great decision that was!! I love the room, the great gas mileage, the style, the handling and, well, everything. Nissan is top quality anyway, so I am not completely surprised that they would come out with this model."

Over 100,000 miles already!

By on Saturday, October 20, 2007

"I bought my Versa in July of '06 to use for my delivery business and to commute in. I drive 7,000 miles every month, so needless to say I needed a reliable car. The Versa had just what I was looking for. Small on the outside yet big on the inside. I got the standard 6-speed stick shift, because if I'm going to be stuck on the road 11 hours a day, I have to keep it fun. The gas mileage EPA rating is 30 city and 34 highway, and after filling up once a day for the past 15 months, heres my averages. I commute 65 miles to work on the highway at about 73 mph. I then spend the next 9 hours, and 250 or so miles, delivering packages all over southern California with a 50/50 mix of city and highway driving, before commuting 65 miles home. In the cooler months, with the A/C off, I would consitantly get 31 to 32 mpg. In the 100+ degree summer with the A/C on all day my average would drop to 29 to 30 mpg. Some people have reported much lower mpg numbers than what I've experienced. I think the key to high mpg statrs with smooth driving. With any vehicle, if you drive with a lead foot, it can really kill your mpg. Well 100,000 miles just rolled past on 10-14-07, and my Versa is still running like new. The only real downside to having all that interior space in such a light weight car is that it has a very tall profile, that catches crosswinds on really gusty days, slightly more than regular sedans do. The seat comfort remains top notch, and all the interior materials are holding up excellent. Well, wish me luck as I chase down 200,000 miles. See ya!"

Our first NEW Car

By on Tuesday, October 16, 2007

"What a great little/big car! We're a family of 4 teens and a preschooler. It's more economical for us to have 2 little cars than one little and one van. The Versa fits 5 of us (including a booster seat) very comfortably, even my dad wants one! Peppy enough to be a fun car when driving without the kids, and wonderful on fuel given I drive 100mi/day. Durable is an understatement! A deer ran into my car and flipped over the roof. The trooper could not believe I got away with a little ding on rear view mirror... THAT'S IT!!! No documentable damage at all! It took the force of a deer and held strong! I told the trooper I'm getting another Nissan, if this is how they handle impact! He agreed!"