2008 Nissan Versa

8.4

Based on 468 Ratings for the 2007 - 2011 models.

Cons: "Glovebox cover scratches easily,seats attract lint"

"I am nearly 6 feet tall and the Nissan Versa S HB is perfect for me and my nephews (6' and 6'5"). We all fit comfortably in this car that offers plenty of leg/head room; even in the back seats. It runs smoothly, and after two years still looks great. The engine is quiet and the sound system (I have the basic one) is excellent. Great gas mileage for city driving and easily handles parking that requires tight maneuvering. The tinted windows are an added plus and they keep a great deal of the outside noise -- outside. I can't imagine changing cars any time in the near future!"

Cons: "Glovebox cover scratches easily,seats attract lint"

"I am nearly 6 feet tall and the Nissan Versa S HB is perfect for me and my nephews (6 foot and 6'5"). We all fit comfortably in this car that offers plenty of leg and head room; even in the back seats. It runs smoothly, and after two years still looks great inside and out. The engine is quiet and the sound system (I have the basic one) is excellent. Great gas mileage for city driving and easily handles parking that requires tight maneuvering. The tinted windows are an added plus and they keep a great deal of the outside noise -- outside. I can't imagine changing cars any time in the near future!"

Cons: "Glovebox cover scratches easily,seats attract lint"

"I am nearly 6 feet tall and the Nissan Versa S HB is perfect for me and my nephews (6 foot and 6'5"). We all fit comfortably in this car that offers plenty of leg and head room; even in the back seats. It runs smoothly, and after two years still looks great inside and out. The engine is quiet and the sound system (I have the basic one) is excellent. Great gas mileage for city driving and easily handles parking that requires tight maneuvering. The tinted windows are an added plus and they keep a great deal of the outside noise -- outside. This car rides comfortably and quietly and I can't imagine changing cars any time in the near future!"

A good vehicle

By on Friday, June 28, 2013

Pros: "Great fuel mileage, Smooth ride."

Cons: "Small fuel tank, no console,"

"I've owned this vehicle about 2 years. I drive this care A LOT. I have not had any mechanical problems since I bought it. However, I have had to replace 2 of the tires due to flats. Mine does not have extras: cruise control, keyless entry, power seats - I would get the extras if I had it to do over. The interior is a bit cramped for men. I'm a 5'5'' female and weigh 110, so it works for me. May be uncomfortable for a person of larger stature. The backseat sits 3 average size people comfortably- again, may be uncomfortable for larger people. There is not much "storage". Example: no center console. I love the hatchback- Plenty of room for groceries for my family of four. The back seats fold flat to make room for moving large items. I brought home a 50" tv comfortably. The car drives very smoothly on the highway for a small car."

Looks good, but...

By on Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Reason: It fell apart

Pros: "cheap, great on gas"

Cons: "cheaply made, expensive to fix"

"I bought this car primarily for the fuel efficiency. It is fuel efficient, drives very nice and has a big back seat for such a small car. I blew a tire on the high way about a year after I got it. It caused $2500 worth of damage. Yes a blown tire caused the hood to be off center, the fender was destroyed, and the bumper was torn up. The replacement hub cap was almost $100. The rim has to be ordered from Nissan, also very expensive. Just over a year after that we had a bad wind storm and the bumper was essentialy blown off of the car. You read that right, the wind blew the bumper off of the car. It was cheap and easy at the time i bought it but the cost of repairs is outragous. I traded it in last weekend, even still owing more than it is worth, just to get away from it before the next windstorm."

Best value ever

By on Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Pros: "Love the interior very spacious"

Cons: "gas millage good just wish it was a little better"

"I have loved this car from day one drives great comfortable on long trips and you can get a lot into it"

Not what I expected

By on Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Pros: "Spacious Interior"

Cons: "Bad Gas Mileage, Uncomfortable, Cheap Finish Out"

"This car is not what it seems. Despite being advertised as a gas saver it only averages 21 mpg. The absolute best being 23.7 mpg... About the same as a full sized luxury sedan. Though the interior is very spacious offering lots of head room and good leg room in the back this is not at all true for the driver. At 6' this is a very uncomfortable car to drive. The peddles are too close the seat and the steering wheel it too far away. I have to push the seat all the way back which is still not enough. As a result the steering wheel is far away and I have to hyper-extend my arms to reach it. Additionally the front seats are narrow and do not offer any lumbar support. I have to use a back pillow. The interior feels and looks cheap with all of the hard plastics and cheap seat covering. Without the CVT transmission the engine is loud and weak. There is a massive blind spot due to the huge pillars by the hatchback thus visibility is very limited. My car does not have electric locks or windows with is awful in this car. The locks are located by the door handle which makes it hard to unlock the back doors. You have to feel up and down the door looking for the locks. Before I got this car I did not know they still made cars with out electric windows or locks... Also there is no lighting in front which is awful at night. Though the back seats do fold down they do not do so flat with greatly limits what you can haul. I have not have any problems with the engine though the brakes have started squeaking this is something that it normal on Versas and Altimas. It is annoying but not dangerous... All in all I would not recommend this car to anyone. It gets poor gas mileage and the interior is poorly designed."

Love it! Compact, comfortable, drives smoothly!!

By on Friday, May 10, 2013

Pros: "comfort, mileage, drivability"

Cons: "shifting at hirer range"

"I am short and somewhat overweight! The car fits me great! My hips are not being pinched by the buckles. The length for the peddles are just right for me. I am not all the way up into the steering column like I have been in vehicles before! The backseat is also spacious! Plenty of room for adults to sit comfortably and my granddaughter to sit in her booster seat without complaining about the shoulder strap! I Love the way the car handles while driving it! It runs smooth and handles the curves nicely! Gas mileage is a definite keeper!! It took a while for us to get used to it shifting into the next gear at 4 rpms, but once we did, we don't notice it anymore! I have always been a Chevy girl, but I am quite pleased with my Nissan and told my husband I won't be trading it anytime soon!!"

It's a car for pratical uses.

By on Monday, April 29, 2013

Pros: "Price competiveness is OK."

Cons: "Slow and not too good a gas mileage."

"An average car."

Best value I've had

By on Saturday, April 20, 2013

Pros: "Great handling, good mileage, reliability, utility"

2011 Nissan Versa

"I bought this car brand new. The price was very reasonable considering the features, including automatic transmission, air conditioning, power steering, Hatch Back, Power Mirrors, CD, and 4 doors for the total financed price of $12,000.00. It is by far the best car I have owned. The mileage is good, averaging 32mpg combined city/highway. I am impressed with the acceleration and handling of this car. It is capable of operating on any freeway, and equally capable in a city environment. I have had one minor glitch--being the weather stripping on the driver's door coming loose--which was corrected quickly at no charge. Overall, the Nissan Versa is a great value."

2011 Nissan Versa

Great econbox just short on power at only 122 hp

By on Thursday, March 28, 2013

Pros: "Great economy lots of room"

Cons: "steering, no acceleration with CVT"

"Purchase my 07' 3 years ago w/54K on it. SL with Blue tooth auto. Handles a little sloppy had higher speeds in sharp turns,lacks power w only 122 hp. Get 30-31 mpg daily back and forth to work (18 mi each way) good visability all around. Have gotten 36 mpg on long trips. Factory had to put new tranny in at 78K. 120K wannantee helps. Looking at 2013 now."

Very good Car

By on Monday, March 04, 2013

Pros: "gas saver roomy interior great price"

Cons: "awkward interior set up"

"I have had my Versa for almost 2 years now. It has taken me many places and has served me very well. This car is defiantly a gas saver on an average week with gas prices in my home town at $3.57 a gallon I can fill it up with $30 and my husband can drive 24miles round trip to work 5days a week and we don't have to fill up again until the following Sunday. The interior is VERY roomy. My father-in-law is close to 7 feet tall and he can fit in the diver seat and passenger seat with ease. I only have a few negative things to say about my versa. The interior set up is a little different than what I was use to coming from a Pontiac grand-am. The cup holders are in an awkward position for both front and rear passengers. Also if u have a child in a toddler seat you cannot get it to sit level in the middle of the back seat with out a towel under the side of the car seat. Other than that this car is a dream to own and maintain. It's not going to win you and speed awards or fancy best in show comments but it is a well made dependable car."

Great car, LOTS of room, great MPG 34 average.

By on Thursday, February 28, 2013

Pros: "Averaging 32-33 MPG per tank combined!"

"I've had this car almost 5 years and LOVE it. I average no less than 31 MPG combined and have had several road trips/fwy, averaging 34 MPG. The head room is AMAZING as well as the leg room, even in the back seat! Easy to handle, great A/C and the upgraded stereo sounds awesome.."

great daily driver no too good for long distance

By on Friday, January 25, 2013

"love the mpg 28 to 32 over all very reliable great buy"

By on Monday, December 31, 2012

"I bought my brothers 2007 Nissan Versa off him almost a year ago. He bought the car from the original owners with only 30k miles on it. Since my brother bought the car, it has been a real trooper with only several complaints. Overall the car runs nice, and requires minimal maintenance here, and there(mostly wear and tear). Since 30k, we've replaced front tires(50k), and brakes all around(60k). Just the other day, i swapped out the original swaybar links up front because of an annoying clunk, and the car rides much better after doing so. The light illuminating the lock button on the driver side has gone out, and unfortunately, the rear windows will not roll up when you use the front control(they do work from the rear seats) this is bothersome but the quote is around $400 to have them fixed. Besides these problems, I've only done oil changes every 5k. My previous car was a 1996 Honda Accord 4cyl and I must say this is a huge improvement over the old Accord. It feels much lighter, and 10x's more fun to drive. The peppy feeling this car has makes it enjoyable to drive. Acceleration is junky at highway speeds, but off the line, it's got some GO for a measly 1.8. Overall I enjoy this car tremendously, and hope the reliability extends throughout its lifetime. As far as functionality goes, this hatchback is excellent. It will perfectly fit a specialized enduro in the boot with a quick drop of the back seats, and a tad scoot forward from the passenger seat. Just this week, i threw in a buddies 9'6 Bing elevator and the board fit perfectly without an inch to spare. Overall, this little hatchback is a ton of fun to drive with plenty of space for an active persons daily lifestyle!!"

dont buy one

By on Thursday, December 27, 2012

"reliable car but it handles very poorly a nightmare to drive on the hiway"

very economical on gas

By on Saturday, November 10, 2012

"My last 3 vehicles have been Nissans. Very satisfied with quality and customer service."

Nice value

By on Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Pros: "MPG,build quality,value"

Cons: "shocks"

"Bought this new in 7/10. Have had no real issues with the car.At the $16k prive point I was looking at low milage used cars, and the Toyotas,Hyundais, and Mazdas. The Versa felt the most...solid for a small car. Close the door and there is a real clunk, like a much larger car. Lots of interior room. I have had a bunch of hatches in my time, all VWs and like all of them when you put the rear seats down, there is plenty of room to haul stuff. They dont sit flat, but they sit better than most. Speaking of the rear seats, the room back sitting is GREAT. Very roomy. Our salesman stood a bit over 6 foot and he fit back there with ease! Getting around 33 mpg, mostly low speed thru town, highway will get 35+. Decent power out of the 1.8, and the belt driven trans has given me NO issues. Take a little to get used to, but it "shifts" very smooth. My only gripe is the shocks. They are rough.My Cobalt is much smoother over tracks than this car. Overall a decent value for the price. Resale is ehhh but if your looking for a runabout/work car that can haul stuff including a small family you could do worse than this car."

2010 Nissan Versa

By on Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Pros: "purchase price"

Cons: "In the shop every 3 weeks"

"The engine has been replaced twice. The heater core has been replaced 3 times.The car is now leaking fluid by the brake pedal. The A/C condenser is knocking."

Great value for practical ride

By on Friday, October 19, 2012

Pros: "fUN FUEL EFFICIENT DEPENDABLE RIDE..."

Cons: "sunroof would make it more fun"

"I purchased this car from original owner and have driven it for 4 trouble free years...the 1.8 with automatic cvc trans is a great choice. I have the hatchback and overall a great car for its size the VERSA nameplate fits it well..WHY PAY FOR A CIVIC"

Great Little Car

By on Friday, September 28, 2012

Pros: "great gas mileage, very roomy inside, easy to park"

Cons: "hubcaps fall off"

"I have owned this car for almost five years and all I have had to replace on it was tires, hub caps and oil. Only problem I had was the hub caps keep coming off but I was told by mechanic that this is very common on this model. The gas mileage is great too!"

Great Little Car

By on Friday, August 17, 2012

Pros: "Great value, reliable, comfortable, roomy, looks"

Cons: "Better quality interior = more maintenance"

Nice front view

"I love this car for what it is. I have had it 1 1/2 years, and have never had one single problem with it. This thing is 100% reliable. Will you get the comfort and convenience in this as a $65,000 car? No, but as I said, this car is great for what it is, and what you get for the price is great. The styling of the hatchback makes the car look much sportier than the sedan version, and to me, it looks like the rear matches the front better than the sedan. It has a lot of added options, most of which I have, and all of which make the driving experience just that more easy and comfortable (i.e. keyless entry, power windows, power locks, cruise control). The seating and ride quality is great for the sales price. The cargo volume is outstanding too, as you can fold the back seats down to double your trunk space. It's the only car among it's direct/common competitors that has a fully independent rear suspension. The shifting in this car (manual) is very smooth compared to others (I have driven/owned other direct competing cars). No car is absolutely flawless, though. So here are a couple of my personally deemed cons: The car is a just a little bit too high profile for my taste (vehicle height), and so it tends to catch wind easily. The interior, though looks great, is good quality, and is very comfortable, demands a little more maintenance than the cheaper interiors out there, as it tends to collect debris easier. And that's about the only negative things I can say! 2 cons, and 100 pros! :)"

Nice front view

Pretty good for the price

By on Thursday, August 16, 2012

Pros: "6 cup holders, mp3 jack, decent sound, huge trunk"

"Best thing about this car is the roomy interior. Gas mileage is OK..about 24-25 per gallon. Suspension is jerky and doesnt corner well...slow pick up. A few parts in the interior have popped off. But its cute..Ive driven it nonstop for 5 months now..all over the east coast...maybe 14k miles already with no issues at all..was perfect at inspection. Excellent visibility from all windows and the seat sits up nice and high. So its not perfect...but i would get one again. I really like it alot. Not sure i could have done much better for the 10k i spent on it with 23000 miles on it at the time. Verypleased."

Very nice car for the money....

By on Thursday, August 16, 2012

Pros: "Roomy, bluetooth, keyless, CVT, quality"

Cons: "just a little under-powered"

"This car has more room in it than you would ever believe, and the ride is good, too. Avg. 32 - 34 mpg overall, but about 25 in town. Knock on wood, I have had ZERO problems with this car since I bought it off the showroom floor, 30K miles ago. Still have the original Continental tires on it,and have no complaints, but going to go with Firestone Precision Touring tires soon. Believe I'll get a better ride and longer mileage wear...."