2008 Nissan Versa

8.4

Based on 491 Ratings for the 2007 - 2011 models.

very reliable vehicle.

By on Monday, February 23, 2015

Pros: "easy on the wallet"

Cons: "cheap interior trim"

"perfect for your college age student or the all around errand runner. one of the most dependable cars we have owned."

great, smart, fun

By on Wednesday, February 18, 2015

"I have enjoyed driving this car and owning it since 2008. With the manual transmission it is fun and peppy with very nice handling characteristics. Seating, front and back, is far more comfortable than most cars(bigger or smaller.) Hatchback configuration makes it very adaptable to various carrying needs. Millage is good but not great(25-32), however, would not trade for decreased pep."

Good basic reliable transportation

By on Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Pros: "RELIABLE, AFFORADABLE"

Cons: "ride is not grand but not the worst either"

"I was getting back on my feet credit wise and needed a reliable car. This has no bells or whistles. It does not even have power windows or locks. The ride is not one of a Lexus but this car is reliable. I have driven it 30 k in 2 years, basic maintenance, oil changes, tire rotations no issues."

Too many blind spots

By on Monday, January 12, 2015

"Dangerous when changing lanes. Can't see cars beside you in the mirrors.Almost had accidents several times because of this."

comfy, roomy, peppy, good looks

By on Saturday, January 03, 2015

Pros: "efficient, good looks , fun to drive"

Cons: "no cruise control, replace OEM hub caps"

nissan 07 versa

"I have 6spd manual trans car is peppy and gets 30-32 mpg 90% of driving is interstate driving. Comfortable seating for driver and rear seat passengers. Tinted windows and put on alloys wheels. Original hub caps a joke. Engine maintenance simple and easy. Runs like new with 140k on clock purchased with 65k. Engine has timing chain not belt and does not require expensive change at 75k to 80k miles. Heat and air very good. Insurance cheap. Get comments about its good looks."

nissan 07 versa

Great car for the price.

By on Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Pros: "Handles well, great gas mileage, reliable."

Cons: "Cup holders are small and odd placement."

"I bought this car after my Jeep Grand Cherokee was totaled by a very old coot who should not have been driving his giant truck. I was just about totaled too. Needless to say I was skeptical about going to a smaller vehicle but was quite surprised by my Nissan Versa hatchback. It has lots of get up and go, the ride is smooth, seats are comfortable, it doesn't feel small and my car gets 40 mpg (that's right!) on the highway. The tires that came with it were cheap and finally wore down enough that I could justify buying new ones and what a difference they make in the overall handling. My only complaints, and they are minor annoyances, is that the cup holders are small and placed inconveniently and the dash board could be secured better. Lots of interior room. I'm glad I bought it."

Good car

By on Tuesday, December 30, 2014

"Bought used at 46,000 which I believe was overpriced. I am know at 99,000, and haven't had any problems w/the exception of driver side power window. It rolls down by it self and a couple of times couldnt get it to roll up. So I dont use it. You cannot fit 3 kids comfortably if they are in a car seat. There is no arm rest which makes long distance driving a little difficult."

128000mi is all it takes to kill a $17,000 Versa!

By on Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Pros: "ride nice until I got 10,000 miles on it!"

Cons: "Radio sounds horrible, bad gas mileage, short life"

"Bought this 2007 CVT Hatchback Versa brand new for $17,000, nicely equipped! BUT: the factory tires I replaced at 30,000mi with 6/32 tread left - too slippery for me in Michigan winters. Car has been to dealer 8 times for alignments and diagnostics to find out why car pulls to left - no explanation - finally they say its normal. However I went thru 3 sets of tires in 128,000mi (Personally I think the factory size tires are not wide enough to support the HEAVY front end!) At 90,000miles the car could no longer be aligned because the engine cradle went bad - all four engine cradle bushings failed. One new battery. 3 CVT Transmission services (fluid replacements) At 70,000mi the muffler fell off due to rust. New front struts. One tail lamp replacement after warranty ended - water leaked in (plastic welds failed) 5 FIVE Headlight bulbs. At 105,000miles the exhaust extension pipe failed. 120000 miles window and rear defrost switches began working erratically. Control arm bushings failed, both sides replaced. Both wheel bearings failed at same time at 124000, replaced front left and right side. Right front spring broke, replaced. It's a pain in the butt to do an oil change on this car. You have to take a plastic cover off to access the oil filter. And finally my cars Transmission died 7 years and 128000 miles after it drove off the dealer lot. Never buy Nissan."

Best vehicle I've owned :)

By on Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Pros: "Great handling, very spacious interior, cute car"

Cons: "Engine is a little bit noisy, low horsepower"

"I have a Certified 2011 Nissan Versa Hatchback that I've owned for about 6 months now & it is just a great reliable car! I paid about $11,000 for it all together, which is not a bad deal at all. I would recommend this car to anyone who is below 6 feet tall. For some reason the backseat has more room than the front seat, which is a little weird! The gas mileage is awesome. I get about 25 city & 30 hwy, so it's not bad! I'm very impressed with this car so overall I give this vehicle 5 stars!"

great car

By on Thursday, December 04, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "run good great gas mileage"

Cons: "front lights discolored"

"no problems except the normal of tires, battery,change oil,"

Only car I've ever had that surpasses EPA ratings.

By on Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Pros: "Great price for all the features it contains."

Cons: "A little noisey at 70mph. No telesopic stearing."

"I'm 56 and have had many cars. This is the only one EVER to surpass the EPA gas ratings! 38 mpg combined! It does make a difference in how I drive, but I've never got below 32mpg. It's very roomy and great on trips. The ride is great for the size. Of course it's not as comfee as my big Buick, but far more comfortable than other midsize cars. Has all the power you need in a midsize. It could be quieter on the open road, but again, it's not a $50k+ full size car. It's an awesome midsize car with the mpg of a subcompact."

I Love the Versa Sedan

By on Thursday, October 30, 2014

Pros: "$9999 Price, Fun to drive, No issues"

Cons: "Light at 2400llbs. Add 180 lbs & snow tires"

"I bought the Versa as my winter vehicle to my 2009 Nissan cube summer ride. The Versa sedan is the best car on the road for the buck. We push 39 MPG out of it with the 5 speed. The only changes to the car are: -Side window visors (for rainy hot days-no AC) -Rear roof spoiler -Front air dam -Radio with CD -Sub woofer -cold air intake Its a blast to drive. Not powerful, but responsive. I would never recommend the CVT for anyone that loves a manual shift car. No issues other than a few weeks during cold weather, the car cut out for a split second a few times. Turned out to be moisture near the coil packs. this happens on modern day cars. Still has the original rear brakes at 60,000 miles. Only other replacements have been: Front rotors and pads Starter (covered by Nissan One Warranty). Perfect car. I will not buy a new one because we think they are not attractive. We will get a Nissan Juke though :-)"

Trouble free and fun to drive.

By on Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Pros: "Great price, very roomy, front and back legroom"

Cons: "Manual tranmission gearing - low gear is too high"

"This is simply the most car for the money. It is extremely roomy inside with great legroom front and back (I am 6'6" tall). Interior appointments good for an economy car. Power locks and windows, remote entry are standard features. Steering is light and precise and brakes feel solid."

good Car for collage kid

By on Thursday, October 16, 2014

Pros: "fair gas mileage lots of room front and back seats"

Cons: "paint chips to easy"

"this entry level car from Nissan is a great car for the money. I have had very low maint. cost on this car with 83000 miles it still has OE brakes and battery this is a great work car or first car for kids all the way thru collage. for me it was a good bang for the buck. I think 200k will be no issue. I am a keep the car in shape person change oil every 5k air and cabin filters every 15k the car is checked every 5k the tires are balanced and rotated at oil changes the car gets checked top to bottom then."

Very comfortable and reliable! Nice colors too.

By on Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Pros: "Excellent handling, visibility and space inside"

Cons: "3-4 sec gearbox time delay from forward to reverse"

"Tremendously spacious for a small hatchback, including plenty of room for tall adults' legs in the back!. Also does not give you claustrophobia, as the "driver cockpit" cars like Prius and Fit. It is actually practical to slide over from the driver's seat to the passenger seat! Much better visibility all round than most competing cars. Great acceleration and CVT transmission is very smooth, but only moderate gas mileage at about 30 mpg mixed. Nice tight turning circle, too."

Sad to consider letting her go

By on Sunday, September 28, 2014

Pros: "Virtually no mechanical problems"

Cons: "Too little ground clearance"

"I've had this '09 Versa hatchback for 4.5 years now, she's at 112k miles and the only trouble I've had was two years ago when the transmission went out. Well, turned out there was a recall for this model/year on transmissions so I got it completely replaced, completely free. Other than that, no problem with any other system, major or minor! The car is good on gas, handles nicely and the seats are so comfortable that long trips are very pleasant. This was my first hatchback and now I don't think I could ever go back to having a regular trunk again. Especially with the fold-down rear seats, this tiny car has hauled some surprisingly large items. I also love the smart key, namely the fact that it will not let you lock the keys inside the car, something I "try" to do on an embarrassingly frequent basis. Nice to have a car smarter than I am. My minor complaints are that there are no cupholders in the back seat area, and the rubber door trim started coming off very early on. My one major complaint is the poor ground clearance. This makes bumps and dips a real problem and I've had trouble keeping the bumper on almost this whole time."

Heat and air quit working

By on Friday, September 26, 2014

Pros: "Interior space"

Cons: "no heat or air"

"Very disappointed in this car. I have a 2008 Nissan Versa. The muffler came loose and randomly fell off 2 years ago. The heat and air are unreliable. The heat and AC have been going out for the past 1 1/2 years. No air will blow, regardless of the setting. Mechanic unable to do problem since it works fine on week, then won't work at all the next. It tends to quit working during the coldest winter weather and hottest summer. Also, it has a very noisy ride, especially with the windows rolled down. It does not handle well when driving, especially in the wind. The gas mileage is not as good as I would expect from a compact car. I average about 28mpg hwy driving. The only good thing about this car is the interior room. There is much more leg space than can be expected for a car this size."

Great sedan.

By on Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Pros: "great price"

Cons: "Fabric Seats attract animal, human hair."

"After owning a late 1990's Camaro, the change to the Versa was quite a difference. On the positive note, I wanted a change to a Sedan that was inexpensive and the Versa fit that need. I purchased my used Versa on 06/23/2012. It is very reliable, more nimble than I expected, and the acceleration is good."

Excellent

By on Monday, September 15, 2014

Pros: "Excellent car if you want a money saver."

Cons: "Not to good for big guys."

"So far I have not any mechanical problem with this car, only the regular maintenance, oil change,new tires, etc. It was a good invesment."

love this little car

By on Monday, September 15, 2014

"Absolutely love this car - 7 years put 280,000 trouble free miles on it - don't feel like you are sitting in a small car - Only had to do regular maintanence and change the oil - great mileage 33/35 mpg - great get up and go."

love this little car

no problems at all

By on Monday, September 15, 2014

Pros: "good car/relaiable"

"Excellent shape bought it brand new out of showroom floor"

Great reliable no frills transportation

By on Friday, September 12, 2014

Pros: "Interior Space, Reliabliity, value"

Cons: "Engine and road noise, uninspiring interior"

"Very reliable but somewhat unrefined. Lots of plastic inside. Engine has decent power for the class but has a loud tick when cold. Incredible interior room inside. Sits high enough off the ground so you don't have to climb in and out of it. Handling is good. Rides good on the highway. Gas mileage is decent, average about 24-25mpg in combined driving. Overall a very good commuter car, which is what I bought it for."

Great car.

By on Thursday, September 11, 2014

Pros: "Overall cost, room , MPG,reliability, speed"

Cons: "Leg room for tall drivers, muflr weld brk @ 80K."

"I wanted a basic car. I don't need all kinds of bells and whistles and have had great experiences with several Nissan vehicles over the years. I chose the hatchback Versa and it hasn't let me down. I bought it new in 2009 and it has a little over 104,000 miles on it. It has gone everywhere I needed it to go, has enough power to scoot pretty good when need be and can carry items that you wouldn't think would fit in the car. I bought a full size recliner and was able to fit it in the back. The only 2 problems I have had with it is the muffler weld broke around 80,000. It broke from the flange so it was an easy fix. The other is leg room. I am 6ft and for extended driving it gets a bit uncomfortable as I can't stretch out even with the seat all the way back. Oh well, I still love my little car. I know I can get in it and it will start and I can get to where I'm going. The gas mileage is still around 33 MPG or so if I am not doing 80 with the AC on. The gearing in the transmission is really interesting. The car has 122 HP and 127 FT.LBS. of tourque. I have had motorcycles that have had more. BUT when I'm driving and I need to pass, the pick up from 60-70 MPH to 80-90 is pretty amazing. It is pretty quick for what it is at these speeds. Overall it has been an outstanding little car. Everything I need and nothing I don't. Great little car."

Best vehicle I have owned; Better than my Honda!

By on Saturday, September 06, 2014

"This is a beautiful snow-white Nissan Versa SL, with black & slate interior, and in immaculate condition inside and out. Expect a high ride with your Versa, compared to other smaller cars, and this one comes equipped with a 3-speed automatic transmission, cruise control, tire pressure monitoring system, CD player and an awesome sound system."