2008 Nissan Versa

8.4

Based on 496 Ratings for the 2007 - 2011 models.

Great car for the price.

By on Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Pros: "Handles well, great gas mileage, reliable."

Cons: "Cup holders are small and odd placement."

"I bought this car after my Jeep Grand Cherokee was totaled by a very old coot who should not have been driving his giant truck. I was just about totaled too. Needless to say I was skeptical about going to a smaller vehicle but was quite surprised by my Nissan Versa hatchback. It has lots of get up and go, the ride is smooth, seats are comfortable, it doesn't feel small and my car gets 40 mpg (that's right!) on the highway. The tires that came with it were cheap and finally wore down enough that I could justify buying new ones and what a difference they make in the overall handling. My only complaints, and they are minor annoyances, is that the cup holders are small and placed inconveniently and the dash board could be secured better. Lots of interior room. I'm glad I bought it."

Good car

By on Tuesday, December 30, 2014

"Bought used at 46,000 which I believe was overpriced. I am know at 99,000, and haven't had any problems w/the exception of driver side power window. It rolls down by it self and a couple of times couldnt get it to roll up. So I dont use it. You cannot fit 3 kids comfortably if they are in a car seat. There is no arm rest which makes long distance driving a little difficult."

128000mi is all it takes to kill a $17,000 Versa!

By on Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Pros: "ride nice until I got 10,000 miles on it!"

Cons: "Radio sounds horrible, bad gas mileage, short life"

"Bought this 2007 CVT Hatchback Versa brand new for $17,000, nicely equipped! BUT: the factory tires I replaced at 30,000mi with 6/32 tread left - too slippery for me in Michigan winters. Car has been to dealer 8 times for alignments and diagnostics to find out why car pulls to left - no explanation - finally they say its normal. However I went thru 3 sets of tires in 128,000mi (Personally I think the factory size tires are not wide enough to support the HEAVY front end!) At 90,000miles the car could no longer be aligned because the engine cradle went bad - all four engine cradle bushings failed. One new battery. 3 CVT Transmission services (fluid replacements) At 70,000mi the muffler fell off due to rust. New front struts. One tail lamp replacement after warranty ended - water leaked in (plastic welds failed) 5 FIVE Headlight bulbs. At 105,000miles the exhaust extension pipe failed. 120000 miles window and rear defrost switches began working erratically. Control arm bushings failed, both sides replaced. Both wheel bearings failed at same time at 124000, replaced front left and right side. Right front spring broke, replaced. It's a pain in the butt to do an oil change on this car. You have to take a plastic cover off to access the oil filter. And finally my cars Transmission died 7 years and 128000 miles after it drove off the dealer lot. Never buy Nissan."

Best vehicle I've owned :)

By on Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Pros: "Great handling, very spacious interior, cute car"

Cons: "Engine is a little bit noisy, low horsepower"

"I have a Certified 2011 Nissan Versa Hatchback that I've owned for about 6 months now & it is just a great reliable car! I paid about $11,000 for it all together, which is not a bad deal at all. I would recommend this car to anyone who is below 6 feet tall. For some reason the backseat has more room than the front seat, which is a little weird! The gas mileage is awesome. I get about 25 city & 30 hwy, so it's not bad! I'm very impressed with this car so overall I give this vehicle 5 stars!"

great car

By on Thursday, December 04, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "run good great gas mileage"

Cons: "front lights discolored"

"no problems except the normal of tires, battery,change oil,"