• 2014 Compact Car Buyer's Guide

2008 Nissan Versa

8.4

Based on 464 Ratings for the 2007 - 2011 models.

my best car ever !

By on Thursday, December 26, 2013

Pros: "very good"

Cons: "no front reading light"

"This car is the best because the room is big and the car is good to find parking in small space,I fuel up every 2 weeks, runs very good."

2007 Versa sedan

By on Saturday, December 21, 2013

Pros: "great price, smooth riding, comfortable"

Cons: "tire pressure sensor leak, not reliable with snow"

"For the most part, I love this car..... However, even with snow tires it gets stuck easily. Also not very fond of having to fill the tires every three weeks or I have flats. There is a leak in the tire where the tire pressure sensor is. Nissan has "fixed" it several times and so has a private garage. They were able to lessen the leak, but the tires still lose air."

Great for the money.

By on Monday, December 16, 2013

Pros: "Roomy, comfortable, great price."

Cons: "Side mirrors look like Mickey Mouse Ears."

"I am really happy with this car overall. I purchased this car used with about 35,000 about a year ago and have had little to no major issues other than standard maintenance (brakes, tires, etc.)I have put about 40,000 miles on the car in a year and it has been very reliable. It is comfortable to drive and extremely roomy for a small car. I was looking for something affordable, but nice. This car does it for me. Very happy with it."

So reliable dealer bugs me constantly to trade it

By on Sunday, November 10, 2013

Pros: "Comfort, roomy, decent power for a 1.8L, reliable"

Cons: "interior rattles, come with bad tires"

Stopped in Gilroy, Ca on a 2,300 mile trip the first month of ownership. It's an absolute pleasure driving the Versa.

"I flat out said I wouldn't trade it for anything. This car has been incredibly reliable. The only thing that has gone wrong with it was a passenger power door lock actuator which was under warranty. I will say this about the Continental tires it came with. They had tread separation problems and they produced poor milage results. For the first year (about 12,000 miles) it never got better than 25 mpg. When I replaced the tires around the 35,000 mile mark I instantly started seeing 29 or 30 mpg depending on how fast I drove and if the AC was on. Verdict: Continental tires suck your gas milage. Ditch them for better tires. I'm betting when I replace the shocks I'll gain a few more mpg. This car is Roomy with a capital R for it's class and the seats are very comfortable. On a trip my mother and I took the first month I had it I easily drove 6 or 7 hours a day with only short stops for a quick meal and to use the restroom. I never drove more than 5 hours a day with previous cars I owned. I love it and you can't have it!!"

I cried when I had to trade it for a bigger car

By on Friday, November 01, 2013

Pros: "roomy, fuel efficient, peppy"

Cons: "arm rest too short"

My Baby! The best car I ever owned.

"My Versa was an SL model, which I bought new in 2007. I test drove it b/c it had the largest interior space as any car in its class-- and I did sit in every one to compare cabin space. The Vera was by far the roomiest. It also was the most gas efficient vehicle at that time that could store a full-sized real estate sign in the hatchback with out a lot of gyration(including the Prius). What sold me was the Continuous Variable Transmission. I thought that this little 4 cyclinder vehicle would never give me the pep and confidence of my previous 6 cyl cars- I was wrong. The CVT (and whatever else they put in there)gives you so much power over reg 4 cyl vehicle. I was shocked. Second nice surprise, feeling the shift is almost non-existent. Great pick-up, and with the size of the Versa, I was able to zip around the highway so freely that I received the only 2 speeding tickets I ever got in my life during the first 2 years of ownership. I had to learn to hold that puppy back! I was pleasantly surprised, too, with the all the features and extras I got with my vehicle. My friend bought the Toyota "peer" in the same month. My Versa was more comfortable, had a smoother ride and had way more options and features as her Toyota at the same price. For the first 4 years, I rode it hard: over 22,000 miles/ year. Over recent the recent 3 years, it has carried me from VA to CA, and to Canada and back- twice. It has been virtually trouble-free: just brakes (once), tires (twice) and recently, the CVT transmission went out (at 105K miles) and Nissan replaced it at $0 cost to me. One other thing I had fixed recently was a wire in the steering wheel that got twisted, taking out the audio controls on the left side of the steering wheel-- a convenience item. I could not have been more thrilled with this vehicle. I think it get ignored or under-rated. I cried when I had to trade-up to a larger vehicle. Guess what I bought? A Nissan. -from a former Chrysler/Chevy/Oldsmobile/Ford/Honda owner"

My Baby! The best car I ever owned.

See if you qualify for