2007 Nissan Versa

8.4

Based on 500 Ratings for the 2007 - 2011 models.

So reliable dealer bugs me constantly to trade it

By on Sunday, November 10, 2013

Pros: "Comfort, roomy, decent power for a 1.8L, reliable"

Cons: "interior rattles, come with bad tires"

Stopped in Gilroy, Ca on a 2,300 mile trip the first month of ownership. It's an absolute pleasure driving the Versa.

"I flat out said I wouldn't trade it for anything. This car has been incredibly reliable. The only thing that has gone wrong with it was a passenger power door lock actuator which was under warranty. I will say this about the Continental tires it came with. They had tread separation problems and they produced poor milage results. For the first year (about 12,000 miles) it never got better than 25 mpg. When I replaced the tires around the 35,000 mile mark I instantly started seeing 29 or 30 mpg depending on how fast I drove and if the AC was on. Verdict: Continental tires suck your gas milage. Ditch them for better tires. I'm betting when I replace the shocks I'll gain a few more mpg. This car is Roomy with a capital R for it's class and the seats are very comfortable. On a trip my mother and I took the first month I had it I easily drove 6 or 7 hours a day with only short stops for a quick meal and to use the restroom. I never drove more than 5 hours a day with previous cars I owned. I love it and you can't have it!!"

By on Monday, December 31, 2012

"I bought my brothers 2007 Nissan Versa off him almost a year ago. He bought the car from the original owners with only 30k miles on it. Since my brother bought the car, it has been a real trooper with only several complaints. Overall the car runs nice, and requires minimal maintenance here, and there(mostly wear and tear). Since 30k, we've replaced front tires(50k), and brakes all around(60k). Just the other day, i swapped out the original swaybar links up front because of an annoying clunk, and the car rides much better after doing so. The light illuminating the lock button on the driver side has gone out, and unfortunately, the rear windows will not roll up when you use the front control(they do work from the rear seats) this is bothersome but the quote is around $400 to have them fixed. Besides these problems, I've only done oil changes every 5k. My previous car was a 1996 Honda Accord 4cyl and I must say this is a huge improvement over the old Accord. It feels much lighter, and 10x's more fun to drive. The peppy feeling this car has makes it enjoyable to drive. Acceleration is junky at highway speeds, but off the line, it's got some GO for a measly 1.8. Overall I enjoy this car tremendously, and hope the reliability extends throughout its lifetime. As far as functionality goes, this hatchback is excellent. It will perfectly fit a specialized enduro in the boot with a quick drop of the back seats, and a tad scoot forward from the passenger seat. Just this week, i threw in a buddies 9'6 Bing elevator and the board fit perfectly without an inch to spare. Overall, this little hatchback is a ton of fun to drive with plenty of space for an active persons daily lifestyle!!"

Okay Car

By on Monday, May 11, 2009

"I have a S 2007 model and overall it is pretty great... gas milage just at 30, I have never gotten over 31. It lacks get up and go that for me is a must but other than that it is very spacious and reliable. I just wish it had more power behind it. Great for the money... btw mine was an automatic."

Great value very comfortable, minor issue when icy

By on Tuesday, February 10, 2009

"When i test drove this, the first thing i realized is that it felt more expensive than all the other cars in its price class- the seats were FAR more comfortable, it is quieter (less road noise) and the quality of the mechanics makes for a smooth and more powerful feeling drive than others in its price class. Also, my husband is 6'2" and the nissans in general have far more head room than the the competitors for tall people. It also has a suprising amount of leg room in both front and back seats considering how small it looks on the outside. I have taken it between Massachusetts and South Carolina and is comfortable for long trips. The trunk space is sufficient for large grocery trips, but not so big that I am tempted to leave random clutter back there - forces me to organize. The hatchback feature allows large items to be fit with ease, fit the boxes of a desk, hutch, and office chair (before assembly), groceries and 2 people with ease. I love the CVT transmission! No more worries about struggling to change gears. The only complaints I have is that access to the gas cap is through a swtich that, when icy outside, requires two people to use: one to pull the switch near the steering wheel and one to push the gas door open on the opposite side. However this is only when it is icy. It is also not streamlined enough to be quiet when the windows are open, however i did not expect this in a car in this price range. My other complaint is that the hatchback was not available in interesting colors like orange. I prefer earth colors and was reduced to metallic color choices. Overall though, great car very comfortable, reliable and feels like great quality. Love that my tall husband fits comfortably."

Good vehicle

By on Wednesday, April 09, 2008

"I have only had this car for a couple weeks, so mileage has been questionable -- 36 mph (some freeway) and 26 mph (city/highway). Pros: Seats seem to be nice for an inexpensive car, and the price was a good deal. I haven't driven on too many mountainous roads, so the pick up and go seems great to me (zippy). Power mirrors. Back seat area seems roomy. I had a Saturn, and this car is much higher. Safety seems pretty good, and it offers the side curtain. Cons: So called optional floormats and kickplate. Poorly placed cupholders. Not a lot storage space, and it's not really easy to haul a lot of things as the seats aren't flat when folded. It's also inconvenient as you can only open the hatch when the driver's door is unlocked, and there isn't a secondary way to open it (i.e. key option). I would suggest purchasing the power package. My co-worker is on her second Versa as the first was totaled (she felt completely safe and secure, though); she loved the 1st one, and she really loves the 2nd one with ... CVT?"

Versa Overview

By on Friday, January 04, 2008

"A good car for the money. Quality is what you would expect from a Nissan. Quality is about equal to a Toyota, almost as good as a Honda. This vehicle rides a bit bumpy. It really kinda "Bounces off" bumps. Test drive one and it will be apparent. The car is good and is almost as economical as advertised. You really have to Tach up the motor to get moving quick. The power resides from 4500 to 6000 RPM. At higher revolutions, the motor runs smooth. Runs like a top, but is doggy on the low end. Overall good value for the money!"

saves me money

By on Friday, November 16, 2007

"I am 6'8" and drive 100 miles a day to wook i need a car that i could fit in a nd get good gas mileage. I fit and right now i am averaging 32 miles to the gallon. A 14 miles per gallon more then my previous mini van"

Great Hatchback

By on Monday, October 15, 2007

"I love the comfort of my 2007 Versa SL. The CVT tranny is awesome when it comes to pickup speed to enter traffic. It is also smooth and quite. It handles well on curses as I did 60 on a 45mph curve. The car hugged it nicely and effortlessly. The interior quality surprised me in a good way. The roomyness inside is great, front and back. Blue tooth and 6 CD changer are nice options that I use all the time. I test drove the Honda Fit Sport and Toyota Yaris and the Versa won over hands down. I recommend the Versa over any hatchback in it's class."

I cried when I had to trade it for a bigger car

By on Friday, November 01, 2013

Pros: "roomy, fuel efficient, peppy"

Cons: "arm rest too short"

My Baby! The best car I ever owned.

"My Versa was an SL model, which I bought new in 2007. I test drove it b/c it had the largest interior space as any car in its class-- and I did sit in every one to compare cabin space. The Vera was by far the roomiest. It also was the most gas efficient vehicle at that time that could store a full-sized real estate sign in the hatchback with out a lot of gyration(including the Prius). What sold me was the Continuous Variable Transmission. I thought that this little 4 cyclinder vehicle would never give me the pep and confidence of my previous 6 cyl cars- I was wrong. The CVT (and whatever else they put in there)gives you so much power over reg 4 cyl vehicle. I was shocked. Second nice surprise, feeling the shift is almost non-existent. Great pick-up, and with the size of the Versa, I was able to zip around the highway so freely that I received the only 2 speeding tickets I ever got in my life during the first 2 years of ownership. I had to learn to hold that puppy back! I was pleasantly surprised, too, with the all the features and extras I got with my vehicle. My friend bought the Toyota "peer" in the same month. My Versa was more comfortable, had a smoother ride and had way more options and features as her Toyota at the same price. For the first 4 years, I rode it hard: over 22,000 miles/ year. Over recent the recent 3 years, it has carried me from VA to CA, and to Canada and back- twice. It has been virtually trouble-free: just brakes (once), tires (twice) and recently, the CVT transmission went out (at 105K miles) and Nissan replaced it at $0 cost to me. One other thing I had fixed recently was a wire in the steering wheel that got twisted, taking out the audio controls on the left side of the steering wheel-- a convenience item. I could not have been more thrilled with this vehicle. I think it get ignored or under-rated. I cried when I had to trade-up to a larger vehicle. Guess what I bought? A Nissan. -from a former Chrysler/Chevy/Oldsmobile/Ford/Honda owner"

My Baby! The best car I ever owned.

very economical on gas

By on Saturday, November 10, 2012

"My last 3 vehicles have been Nissans. Very satisfied with quality and customer service."