2014 Nissan Titan King Cab Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $26,921 - $27,981.

10/6.4

Based on 103 Ratings for the 2005 - 2014 models.

Very complete pickup, except for interior design.

By on Monday, November 21, 2011

"Extremely comforatable pickup, enjoy driving it ever time I get into it. Just wish the interior had a cleaner design. And for anyone that doesn't know. If you press the unlock twice and hold the button on the remote. This will roll down your windows."

Love this truck!

By on Thursday, November 10, 2011

Pros: "All around awesome."

Cons: "Better have lots of gas money."

"Other than the fact that it guzzles gas, this truck is great! I think I could gert 300K out of it with ease."

best city truck ever

By on Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Pros: "interior is amazing and spacious"

Cons: "gas mileage is poor or below average"

"For comfort and convenience this truck is amazing. Does good with small loads handling a trailer with lawn equipment. Great response, acceleration, handles well. No probems or defects in 12 months. Only downside is that it does not appear to be very good with gas mileage."

Powerful and Thirsty Truck

By on Tuesday, April 26, 2011

"Bought a brand new '05 2WD. Flex fuel. Only three complaints. 1. Gas mileage is embarassing. 2. Front Seat Belts - there must be a fix to solve the issue of it getting stuck everytime i open the back door. 3. A full size bed (8') would be nice. It's annoying when I haul 2x4's, plywood, drywall etc. On the other side, she has a lot of power. I tow my 26' boat about 100 miles each way at least 6 times a year without any complaints. As with most trucks, the back seat is not meant for long distance sitting (keep in mind that my truck is the King Cab). I would recommend this truck for someone who doesn't mind paying 11/15 mpg. Power is plenty and the ride is smooth. I have never had ANY mechanical issues in my 5+ years of owning this vehicle."

Great Truck!

By on Friday, July 09, 2010

"Great Truck. I'm a woman and drive this truck everday with a Toddler. The truck may be big and don't get the gas mileage like a car, but it's a truck. I've driven everything from a Cavalier to a Mustang GT to an Escape, but I think this truck get's good gas mileage compared to them. It has great power and hold it's ground on the road. We recently went on a long trip in it and the whole family had a great time in it. The only complaints I have about the Truck is it's hard to turn into a parking space, the window/lock door buttons are too close to the window, the middle front seat console is too close to the back seat when it's pushed down towards the front, and the look of the truck could have more style."

King LE 2005

By on Sunday, April 11, 2010

"Great truck, regular maintenance in 5 years and no real problems at all. Pulling a boat through the mountains too."

Overall nice truck!

By on Sunday, January 03, 2010

"This truck is an excellent one. It drives like a monster, the response while accelerating is amazing. No serious problems at all. The only thing not good is GAS mileage. Less than 14 mpg. The interior is very comfortable, all the features are great, 6 cd changer, and big front seats. Nice truck overall. This was my 4th Nissan and I am very pleased with them. The service at the dealership is amazing. Should buy it if not care about gas."

Trouble

By on Monday, July 27, 2009

"I have had numerous mechanical issues with the truck. Front end problems and rear suspension problems. When running well the truck drives great."

Good Truck

By on Wednesday, November 12, 2008

"This truck picks up quick. I've had for just about 3 years, and can't complain. I like the captain chairs, and the height of the truck."

Awsome Vehicle to drive

By on Sunday, November 18, 2007

"This truck runs really good. Ill never trade my Nissan Titan for no other vehicle unless its another Nissan Titan."

Great Truck

By on Saturday, October 13, 2007

"Purchased my truck in 4/05 and I put 55K miles on it. Love it for the comfort, performance and how you are perched on the seat. Have experienced Seat belt lock up on passenger and rear belts that can't seem to be fixed. Otherwise no problems. great gas mileage for truck 16 town/18 highway. Disappointed with resale value, but loved the purchase prices of 28K. Exellent acceleration."

2005 Titan

By on Tuesday, October 09, 2007

"I've had my my Titan for 2 1/2 years and its really a great, solid truck. It's as plush inside (I have the LE with off-road) as my wifes Ranier. Plenty of power and 4 WD works great. The premium soun is the best Ive heard. Try one."

amazing truck

By on Wednesday, September 26, 2007

"i have a 2005 titan and blew out rearend at 11000 miles but they have fixed the problem since 06 models. besides that i love my titan its the best vehicle i've ever owned by far."

my best truck yet

By on Monday, September 24, 2007

"As an engine builder for over twenty years I was always impressed with Nissan. I always felt Nissan was on par with Honda and Toyota but at a better price.When I first leased my Titan I was driving 1200 miles each week and after carrying heavy stuff on concrete all those years, I need a good seat.This truck handles very precise and I can drive it all day. The engine and trans are very well tuned to each other and when you put your foot down things happen. Finally a truck that handles,with performance and is comfotable.I still like to toss a 4x8 sheet of plywood in the back when I need to tho, a bigger box would be nice. Drive one"

Great truck

By on Monday, July 09, 2007

"Awesome truck! could have a bigger payload is my only complaint."

Nice Truck

By on Monday, May 28, 2007

"The Titan is great in many aspects. It drives like a car, but you are well perched on the drivers seat. Nice captains chairs and cruise control make it handle like a town car and are very nice for those long trips. You punch the gas and the thing really goes, plenty of power here. The brakes are second to none for safety purposes this is good for a hefty truck. Nice dash and the cluster is great and easy to read. Plenty of storage space with the glove box, and deep center console (DEEP). Plenty of cup holders and over head storage also make this a nice ride. Very roomy backseat maybe a little more than the 07 Silverado which was one of the other trucks i was considering buying along with Ford's F-150. But based upon pure value, horsepower, torque, room, standard options you can't beat the Titan. Hands down winner. Test it out, take some turns with it and take it on the highway before you buy. If you want a good litmus test then drive a two year old model of the truck you want to buy, I did (Silverado, and F-150) and then drove the new models, the Titan one drove like new whereas the others felt slightly sluggish and the steering was a littly less crisp. Thats what sold it for me, not to mention the service I received at the dealership. Buy it!"

Great Truck for All Seasons

By on Monday, October 29, 2007

"I cannot praise this vehicle enough! It has never had any reliability issues, and it ia s powerful truck that can do anything required of a truck in its class. My Titan has a great towing package with huge outside mirrors. The bed set-up has all kinds of accoutrements that make hauling safe & easy. The factory-installed bedliner is a real boon, and I highly recommend its cool tailgate that lowers itself slowly & is removable / lockable. I think it is the best looking truck around & get lots of compliments on it. It has comfortable ride & works great in 4WD when the weather &/or terrain requires. The only drawbacks that I have encountered are: 1. The A/C is a little slow to cool the cab down when it's really hot on those deadly humid Virginia summer days that hover around the 100 degree mark. That said, once you get rolling, it can freeze you out & the vents provide excellent cooling wherever you want to point them. 2. The oversiaed outside mirros would be better if they were self-dimming. They can be blinding at night in heavy highway traffic - the awful I-95 crushing commute). I feel extra safe in this truck & enjoy it more than any vehicle I've ever owned. I've owned Chevy CK 1500; Toyota Tacoma, Tundra, & Sequoia; Dodge Caravan; Jeep Liberty - liked them alll, but prefer the Titan. Admittedly, I'm a misplaced Texan & was raised to treat my vehicle like its my horse. My Titan is a lovable but powerful ride & I am very happy to own this fine "beauty & the beast" - all in one action-packed package."

Excellent truck for the value

By on Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Pros: "Excellent build quality and extremly safe vehicle to drive."

Cons: "none that I can think of"

"Bought this truck in July of 2010, one year after my wife and I rolled our 2005 Titan in Feb. of '09. Our '05 Titan was wonderful and litterally saved both our lives during the roll over crash. We both walked away from the crash, my wife had a small cut on her hand and I didn't get a scatch. The truck was totaled but was excellent up to the crash with 132000 miles on her (no rattles/shakes etc.) We ended up buying a new 2010 Pro4X Titan a year later and now have 25,000 miles on her and this truck is just as good if not better than the '05 was. We average 16 to 18MPG on the highway (deepends on how hard we drive the truck). Not bad for a full size crew cab 4X4. All in all the Titan is one outstanding truck."

Solid Truck for the money

By on Monday, September 24, 2007

"I purchased my Titan in July of 2005. It now has 60K miles on it. To date I have had no mechanical issues other than the brake recall. I drive it hard and it begs for more. I also use it to tow a 9300 lb trailer in the mountains, which it handles very well for a half ton. Strengths: Well matched engine and transmission Sporty feel compared to a GM product No squeaks or rattles at 60K Weaknesses: Interior seat cloth is not great quality, buy seat covers Rear springs are not adequate for tow rating on the vehicle, I added airbags and a weight distribution hitch Gas mileage isn't fantastic at 14 city, 17 highway, but I have a heavy foot and it is a truck Resale value is not what I expected, probably due to gas prices. I'm about $6K upside down to trade in value currently, I figured after 2 years I'd be negative about $2K. For 2005 the Titan was the best 1/2 ton available. For 2008 I think the new Tundra is a bit better because of the increased power and 6 speed transmission."

2005 King Cab SE 4x4 Off-road & Big Tow pkg

By on Sunday, August 15, 2010

"I bought my Titan brand new 3/05 for just under $32k tax/tag/title. I've had it for over 5 years now, and it is just about to turn 180,000 miles! I guess I drive alot. Made numerous long trips with it (NY to FL 3 times, plus many others), and I tow my motocross bikes and 4 wheelers on my trailer for 7 months out of the year. I change the oil religiously every 3k miles, and do all the maintenance/repairs myself (except what was warranty). Issues I had while under warranty were: Check engine light for the EVAP Vent solenoid, rear diff failure at 61,000 miles, front diff seal minor leak, brake shudder 3 times (replaced or turned rotors/pads), 1 broken rear spring shackle, rattling in rear doors. All of these issues were fixed by the dealer, even the rear diff (they replaced the entire rear axle under warranty). The rear shackle was my fault - I seriously overloaded the truck and then went off-road with it, which broke the shackle. Still covered by the dealer though. Repairs I have done myself beside normal maintenance items: both front hubs (left @ 112k, right @ 168k), all driveshaft u-joints @ 75k (didn't need rears, but did them anyway), ECM power relay @120k, transmission cooler hose @ 140k, front rotors & pads @ 165k, front calipers @ 177k, EVAP solenoid again @ 155k, new all-aluminum Stillen radiator at 147k (only $400, over $200 less than stock plastic one!) and coolant exchange at same time, and repaired exhaust near muffler where tailpipe meets muffler outlet (I welded in a new section of pipe), and serp belt tensioner (more preventive measure as opposed to a failure), and rad cap. Normal maintenance I have done: spark plugs every 75k (twice now), air filters as needed (twice so far), front diff and T-case fluid exchange @ 150k, trans fluid exchange @ 160k, alignments twice, 4 sets of tires (the OEM BFG's don't last, switched to Toyo AT's and get twice the mileage), rear diff fluid every 30-40k since new rear axle, 1 foglamp bulb and 2 tailgate lamp bulbs, 2 serpentine belts. Repairs that I need to do soon are: right side exhaust manifold gasket leaks slightly, rear rotors soon (warped) and pads, replace rear diff bearings and axle bearings/seals (getting noisy, seals leaking), Serp belt again (starting to squeak slightly on initial start-up), a rear parking aid sensor, and parking brake shoes (barely holds due to oil from leaking seals). I will do all this work myself, and I always try to upgrade components whenever possible with aftermarket high-performance parts. I put waterproof seat covers and floor mats in within the first few weeks of ownership, so the interior is in great shape. The truck drives, runs, shifts, handles, etc. almost as good as it did when new - seriously, if you drove it you'd never believe that it has 180k on it. Worst MPG has been 10 (towing 5k on trailer @75+mph), best was 17 (unloaded, 75+mph), and I average about 14.5 in the summer, 12-13 in the winter w/3-5 min warm-up and 4wd use. Not too bad IMHO, but could be a bit better. I drive it more like it's a 370z than a truck though, so I *could* do better I'm sure. Considering that I don't abuse the truck, yet don't baby it, I think it has been a very good truck. My biggest issues are that the paint chips easily and the interior plastic scrathes easily. The rear-end failures were common early on, but were corrected by '07. Frequent rear diff oil changes would have helped (I never changed the oil in the first diff). The engine and transmission are outclassed only by the new Tundra, and then just barely. Compared to the domestics, it kills 'em. Handlinf and capabilites are great, though now for 2011 it is outclassed by everyone else (on paper at least). I plan to keep mine for a few nore years, maybe longer. BUT, If I was in the market for a new 1/2 ton truck, I'd consider only the Titan and the Tundra, and my descision would be based on 2 factors: 1) price, and 2) test drive of the Tundra. If the test drive was good, then I would buy the Tundra ONLY if the price was within $1k of a comparable Titan - more than that and I'd just get another Titan - the truck is just about as capable in reality, if not on paper. I'm holding out for a 3/4 or 1-ton version of the Titan, or an updated Gen2 Titan (due in 2014 supposedly). I plan to buy a 5th wheel camper, so I will need at least a 3/4 ton by then. I hope that this review helps you - but don't take just my word for it - do ALOT of research first, then test drive the trucks you think you want. Truct me, every truck has had it's share of issues (the Tundra had driveshaft and engine camshaft issues shortly after released in '07). I'm very happy with my Titan - I 100% believe that it was the best choice in 2005 when I made my purchase."

Good deal

By on Sunday, September 23, 2007

"Reliable tough truck that blows away the competition for the money. LP was 35K, got it for $29K. Comparably equipped Tundra priced at $40K with less off. Gas mileage is good, 18MPG on the highway with a tonneau cover. Have spent $0 on repairs since purchase. Two thumbs way up!"

I won this vehicle in a Hunting contest for free

By on Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Pros: "Clean"

When I first won the truck

"Its lifted 6" with 35" tires with 20"fuel rims. It has a camouflage wrap with sponsor stickers. The original color underneath is black. Drives brand new. Its very clean not a scratch on it. Has 13,000 miles on it and has never touched off road."

When I first won the truck

The Titan is a great pick up truck

By on Friday, April 12, 2013

Pros: "Great truck, comfortable ride, very reliable"

Cons: "poor gas mileage, lousy Good Year stock tires"

"I have about 36,000 on my 2010 King Cab SE model. It has never given me any issues, is still as tight as a drum and still drives like the day I drove it home. It works great in the snow and always feels sure footed. I love the growl the exhaust makes when you step on it. I have the Texas Titan package so I have chrome wheels, the billet grille and chrome everything. I have people comment on it all the time. It is nice to drive something besides the typical F 150 or Silverado that everyone else on the road has. The standard Good Year Wranglers were good tires, but wore out at 30,000 miles. I do not drive hard enough to justify them wearing out so early. Aside of that, I have no complaints about my Titan. I have driven it 800 miles to friends and it is very comfortable to spend time in. I wish it got better mileage, but knew going in it was going to guzzle gas. I was able to get almost $7,500 off the sticker! My truck stickered at $33,300 and I paid $25,600! You can get a great deal on this truck between rebates and haggeling. They don't sell alot, so you can get a great deal. Don't dismiss teh Titan over the others, you will be surprised as to what you will get for a really capable truck that tows well, drives well, and offers plenty of room for a great deal."

Solid long term truck with plenty of power.

By on Sunday, February 17, 2013

"I bought this truck two years ago because I needed a vehicle to tow a trailer and haul lumber for various projects. I mainly bought this truck because it met my requirements for features, and was low cost compared to others. Still, I was apprehensive about the truck's reliability. In the past 2 years I have driven the truck all over the southeast with no mechanical problems at all. The engine runs smooth, transmission shifts smooth, the wheels have remained in alignment and brakes required no maintenance other than a new set of pads. I keep up with all regular maintenance, performing most of it myself- which is relatively easy compared to other imports I've dealt with. Pros: Plenty of v8 power - no problem hauling a load of lumber or towing a boat No mechanical problems in two years Wheels stay in alignment, eliminating unnecessary tire wear Solid feeling drive in all conditions with very responsive handling Sound system is high quality and sounds great Cons Doors rattle some when off road (not sure if its unique to me) Manual windows (?? Is this the 80s?) By all counts, this is a great truck. My only complaints are really cosmetic when compared to the reliability factor."

Owned 2.5 Years

By on Thursday, March 10, 2011

"I purchased this truck 2.5 years ago as an off lease, only hesitated due to high mileage (68K) Since then I have put 25K miles on it and other then a battery blowing up on me, I have had no issue's with this truck. Brakes were squealing a little and had brakes checked and they said after 90K miles pads still had 75% life left on them, I was shocked. I did have to replace right rear axle seals, then found out there was a recall for them like 2 years after truck was new, so had to pay to fix myself. This truck drive smooth, handles well and has a ton of power for those hills, with tow package I can tow 9500 lbs, never really tested it. To be honest after 2.5 years of driving it and talking to other owners and nissan dealers, this truck is built like a tank and have been told I can expect up towards 250K miles before I might have transmission issues and 300K before possible engine problems. I plan on driving it another 100K miles with no worries. BTW between city and highway I pretty consistently get 19-20 MPG. I live in Prescott Valley Arizona which is basically a highway city."