2011 Nissan Titan King Cab

Based on 103 Ratings for the 2005 - 2014 models.

Nice Truck

By on Monday, May 28, 2007

"The Titan is great in many aspects. It drives like a car, but you are well perched on the drivers seat. Nice captains chairs and cruise control make it handle like a town car and are very nice for those long trips. You punch the gas and the thing really goes, plenty of power here. The brakes are second to none for safety purposes this is good for a hefty truck. Nice dash and the cluster is great and easy to read. Plenty of storage space with the glove box, and deep center console (DEEP). Plenty of cup holders and over head storage also make this a nice ride. Very roomy backseat maybe a little more than the 07 Silverado which was one of the other trucks i was considering buying along with Ford's F-150. But based upon pure value, horsepower, torque, room, standard options you can't beat the Titan. Hands down winner. Test it out, take some turns with it and take it on the highway before you buy. If you want a good litmus test then drive a two year old model of the truck you want to buy, I did (Silverado, and F-150) and then drove the new models, the Titan one drove like new whereas the others felt slightly sluggish and the steering was a littly less crisp. Thats what sold it for me, not to mention the service I received at the dealership. Buy it!"

Great Truck for All Seasons

By on Monday, October 29, 2007

"I cannot praise this vehicle enough! It has never had any reliability issues, and it ia s powerful truck that can do anything required of a truck in its class. My Titan has a great towing package with huge outside mirrors. The bed set-up has all kinds of accoutrements that make hauling safe & easy. The factory-installed bedliner is a real boon, and I highly recommend its cool tailgate that lowers itself slowly & is removable / lockable. I think it is the best looking truck around & get lots of compliments on it. It has comfortable ride & works great in 4WD when the weather &/or terrain requires. The only drawbacks that I have encountered are: 1. The A/C is a little slow to cool the cab down when it's really hot on those deadly humid Virginia summer days that hover around the 100 degree mark. That said, once you get rolling, it can freeze you out & the vents provide excellent cooling wherever you want to point them. 2. The oversiaed outside mirros would be better if they were self-dimming. They can be blinding at night in heavy highway traffic - the awful I-95 crushing commute). I feel extra safe in this truck & enjoy it more than any vehicle I've ever owned. I've owned Chevy CK 1500; Toyota Tacoma, Tundra, & Sequoia; Dodge Caravan; Jeep Liberty - liked them alll, but prefer the Titan. Admittedly, I'm a misplaced Texan & was raised to treat my vehicle like its my horse. My Titan is a lovable but powerful ride & I am very happy to own this fine "beauty & the beast" - all in one action-packed package."

Excellent truck for the value

By on Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Pros: "Excellent build quality and extremly safe vehicle to drive."

Cons: "none that I can think of"

"Bought this truck in July of 2010, one year after my wife and I rolled our 2005 Titan in Feb. of '09. Our '05 Titan was wonderful and litterally saved both our lives during the roll over crash. We both walked away from the crash, my wife had a small cut on her hand and I didn't get a scatch. The truck was totaled but was excellent up to the crash with 132000 miles on her (no rattles/shakes etc.) We ended up buying a new 2010 Pro4X Titan a year later and now have 25,000 miles on her and this truck is just as good if not better than the '05 was. We average 16 to 18MPG on the highway (deepends on how hard we drive the truck). Not bad for a full size crew cab 4X4. All in all the Titan is one outstanding truck."

Solid Truck for the money

By on Monday, September 24, 2007

"I purchased my Titan in July of 2005. It now has 60K miles on it. To date I have had no mechanical issues other than the brake recall. I drive it hard and it begs for more. I also use it to tow a 9300 lb trailer in the mountains, which it handles very well for a half ton. Strengths: Well matched engine and transmission Sporty feel compared to a GM product No squeaks or rattles at 60K Weaknesses: Interior seat cloth is not great quality, buy seat covers Rear springs are not adequate for tow rating on the vehicle, I added airbags and a weight distribution hitch Gas mileage isn't fantastic at 14 city, 17 highway, but I have a heavy foot and it is a truck Resale value is not what I expected, probably due to gas prices. I'm about $6K upside down to trade in value currently, I figured after 2 years I'd be negative about $2K. For 2005 the Titan was the best 1/2 ton available. For 2008 I think the new Tundra is a bit better because of the increased power and 6 speed transmission."

2005 King Cab SE 4x4 Off-road & Big Tow pkg

By on Sunday, August 15, 2010

"I bought my Titan brand new 3/05 for just under $32k tax/tag/title. I've had it for over 5 years now, and it is just about to turn 180,000 miles! I guess I drive alot. Made numerous long trips with it (NY to FL 3 times, plus many others), and I tow my motocross bikes and 4 wheelers on my trailer for 7 months out of the year. I change the oil religiously every 3k miles, and do all the maintenance/repairs myself (except what was warranty). Issues I had while under warranty were: Check engine light for the EVAP Vent solenoid, rear diff failure at 61,000 miles, front diff seal minor leak, brake shudder 3 times (replaced or turned rotors/pads), 1 broken rear spring shackle, rattling in rear doors. All of these issues were fixed by the dealer, even the rear diff (they replaced the entire rear axle under warranty). The rear shackle was my fault - I seriously overloaded the truck and then went off-road with it, which broke the shackle. Still covered by the dealer though. Repairs I have done myself beside normal maintenance items: both front hubs (left @ 112k, right @ 168k), all driveshaft u-joints @ 75k (didn't need rears, but did them anyway), ECM power relay @120k, transmission cooler hose @ 140k, front rotors & pads @ 165k, front calipers @ 177k, EVAP solenoid again @ 155k, new all-aluminum Stillen radiator at 147k (only $400, over $200 less than stock plastic one!) and coolant exchange at same time, and repaired exhaust near muffler where tailpipe meets muffler outlet (I welded in a new section of pipe), and serp belt tensioner (more preventive measure as opposed to a failure), and rad cap. Normal maintenance I have done: spark plugs every 75k (twice now), air filters as needed (twice so far), front diff and T-case fluid exchange @ 150k, trans fluid exchange @ 160k, alignments twice, 4 sets of tires (the OEM BFG's don't last, switched to Toyo AT's and get twice the mileage), rear diff fluid every 30-40k since new rear axle, 1 foglamp bulb and 2 tailgate lamp bulbs, 2 serpentine belts. Repairs that I need to do soon are: right side exhaust manifold gasket leaks slightly, rear rotors soon (warped) and pads, replace rear diff bearings and axle bearings/seals (getting noisy, seals leaking), Serp belt again (starting to squeak slightly on initial start-up), a rear parking aid sensor, and parking brake shoes (barely holds due to oil from leaking seals). I will do all this work myself, and I always try to upgrade components whenever possible with aftermarket high-performance parts. I put waterproof seat covers and floor mats in within the first few weeks of ownership, so the interior is in great shape. The truck drives, runs, shifts, handles, etc. almost as good as it did when new - seriously, if you drove it you'd never believe that it has 180k on it. Worst MPG has been 10 (towing 5k on trailer @75+mph), best was 17 (unloaded, 75+mph), and I average about 14.5 in the summer, 12-13 in the winter w/3-5 min warm-up and 4wd use. Not too bad IMHO, but could be a bit better. I drive it more like it's a 370z than a truck though, so I *could* do better I'm sure. Considering that I don't abuse the truck, yet don't baby it, I think it has been a very good truck. My biggest issues are that the paint chips easily and the interior plastic scrathes easily. The rear-end failures were common early on, but were corrected by '07. Frequent rear diff oil changes would have helped (I never changed the oil in the first diff). The engine and transmission are outclassed only by the new Tundra, and then just barely. Compared to the domestics, it kills 'em. Handlinf and capabilites are great, though now for 2011 it is outclassed by everyone else (on paper at least). I plan to keep mine for a few nore years, maybe longer. BUT, If I was in the market for a new 1/2 ton truck, I'd consider only the Titan and the Tundra, and my descision would be based on 2 factors: 1) price, and 2) test drive of the Tundra. If the test drive was good, then I would buy the Tundra ONLY if the price was within $1k of a comparable Titan - more than that and I'd just get another Titan - the truck is just about as capable in reality, if not on paper. I'm holding out for a 3/4 or 1-ton version of the Titan, or an updated Gen2 Titan (due in 2014 supposedly). I plan to buy a 5th wheel camper, so I will need at least a 3/4 ton by then. I hope that this review helps you - but don't take just my word for it - do ALOT of research first, then test drive the trucks you think you want. Truct me, every truck has had it's share of issues (the Tundra had driveshaft and engine camshaft issues shortly after released in '07). I'm very happy with my Titan - I 100% believe that it was the best choice in 2005 when I made my purchase."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Nissan Titan King Cab near Honolulu. See local deals