• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2010 Nissan Titan King Cab

Based on 101 Ratings for the 2005 - 2014 models.

Solid Truck for the money

By on Monday, September 24, 2007

"I purchased my Titan in July of 2005. It now has 60K miles on it. To date I have had no mechanical issues other than the brake recall. I drive it hard and it begs for more. I also use it to tow a 9300 lb trailer in the mountains, which it handles very well for a half ton. Strengths: Well matched engine and transmission Sporty feel compared to a GM product No squeaks or rattles at 60K Weaknesses: Interior seat cloth is not great quality, buy seat covers Rear springs are not adequate for tow rating on the vehicle, I added airbags and a weight distribution hitch Gas mileage isn't fantastic at 14 city, 17 highway, but I have a heavy foot and it is a truck Resale value is not what I expected, probably due to gas prices. I'm about $6K upside down to trade in value currently, I figured after 2 years I'd be negative about $2K. For 2005 the Titan was the best 1/2 ton available. For 2008 I think the new Tundra is a bit better because of the increased power and 6 speed transmission."

2005 King Cab SE 4x4 Off-road & Big Tow pkg

By on Sunday, August 15, 2010

"I bought my Titan brand new 3/05 for just under $32k tax/tag/title. I've had it for over 5 years now, and it is just about to turn 180,000 miles! I guess I drive alot. Made numerous long trips with it (NY to FL 3 times, plus many others), and I tow my motocross bikes and 4 wheelers on my trailer for 7 months out of the year. I change the oil religiously every 3k miles, and do all the maintenance/repairs myself (except what was warranty). Issues I had while under warranty were: Check engine light for the EVAP Vent solenoid, rear diff failure at 61,000 miles, front diff seal minor leak, brake shudder 3 times (replaced or turned rotors/pads), 1 broken rear spring shackle, rattling in rear doors. All of these issues were fixed by the dealer, even the rear diff (they replaced the entire rear axle under warranty). The rear shackle was my fault - I seriously overloaded the truck and then went off-road with it, which broke the shackle. Still covered by the dealer though. Repairs I have done myself beside normal maintenance items: both front hubs (left @ 112k, right @ 168k), all driveshaft u-joints @ 75k (didn't need rears, but did them anyway), ECM power relay @120k, transmission cooler hose @ 140k, front rotors & pads @ 165k, front calipers @ 177k, EVAP solenoid again @ 155k, new all-aluminum Stillen radiator at 147k (only $400, over $200 less than stock plastic one!) and coolant exchange at same time, and repaired exhaust near muffler where tailpipe meets muffler outlet (I welded in a new section of pipe), and serp belt tensioner (more preventive measure as opposed to a failure), and rad cap. Normal maintenance I have done: spark plugs every 75k (twice now), air filters as needed (twice so far), front diff and T-case fluid exchange @ 150k, trans fluid exchange @ 160k, alignments twice, 4 sets of tires (the OEM BFG's don't last, switched to Toyo AT's and get twice the mileage), rear diff fluid every 30-40k since new rear axle, 1 foglamp bulb and 2 tailgate lamp bulbs, 2 serpentine belts. Repairs that I need to do soon are: right side exhaust manifold gasket leaks slightly, rear rotors soon (warped) and pads, replace rear diff bearings and axle bearings/seals (getting noisy, seals leaking), Serp belt again (starting to squeak slightly on initial start-up), a rear parking aid sensor, and parking brake shoes (barely holds due to oil from leaking seals). I will do all this work myself, and I always try to upgrade components whenever possible with aftermarket high-performance parts. I put waterproof seat covers and floor mats in within the first few weeks of ownership, so the interior is in great shape. The truck drives, runs, shifts, handles, etc. almost as good as it did when new - seriously, if you drove it you'd never believe that it has 180k on it. Worst MPG has been 10 (towing 5k on trailer @75+mph), best was 17 (unloaded, 75+mph), and I average about 14.5 in the summer, 12-13 in the winter w/3-5 min warm-up and 4wd use. Not too bad IMHO, but could be a bit better. I drive it more like it's a 370z than a truck though, so I *could* do better I'm sure. Considering that I don't abuse the truck, yet don't baby it, I think it has been a very good truck. My biggest issues are that the paint chips easily and the interior plastic scrathes easily. The rear-end failures were common early on, but were corrected by '07. Frequent rear diff oil changes would have helped (I never changed the oil in the first diff). The engine and transmission are outclassed only by the new Tundra, and then just barely. Compared to the domestics, it kills 'em. Handlinf and capabilites are great, though now for 2011 it is outclassed by everyone else (on paper at least). I plan to keep mine for a few nore years, maybe longer. BUT, If I was in the market for a new 1/2 ton truck, I'd consider only the Titan and the Tundra, and my descision would be based on 2 factors: 1) price, and 2) test drive of the Tundra. If the test drive was good, then I would buy the Tundra ONLY if the price was within $1k of a comparable Titan - more than that and I'd just get another Titan - the truck is just about as capable in reality, if not on paper. I'm holding out for a 3/4 or 1-ton version of the Titan, or an updated Gen2 Titan (due in 2014 supposedly). I plan to buy a 5th wheel camper, so I will need at least a 3/4 ton by then. I hope that this review helps you - but don't take just my word for it - do ALOT of research first, then test drive the trucks you think you want. Truct me, every truck has had it's share of issues (the Tundra had driveshaft and engine camshaft issues shortly after released in '07). I'm very happy with my Titan - I 100% believe that it was the best choice in 2005 when I made my purchase."

I won this vehicle in a Hunting contest for free

By on Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Pros: "Clean"

When I first won the truck

"Its lifted 6" with 35" tires with 20"fuel rims. It has a camouflage wrap with sponsor stickers. The original color underneath is black. Drives brand new. Its very clean not a scratch on it. Has 13,000 miles on it and has never touched off road."

When I first won the truck

The Titan is a great pick up truck

By on Friday, April 12, 2013

Pros: "Great truck, comfortable ride, very reliable"

Cons: "poor gas mileage, lousy Good Year stock tires"

"I have about 36,000 on my 2010 King Cab SE model. It has never given me any issues, is still as tight as a drum and still drives like the day I drove it home. It works great in the snow and always feels sure footed. I love the growl the exhaust makes when you step on it. I have the Texas Titan package so I have chrome wheels, the billet grille and chrome everything. I have people comment on it all the time. It is nice to drive something besides the typical F 150 or Silverado that everyone else on the road has. The standard Good Year Wranglers were good tires, but wore out at 30,000 miles. I do not drive hard enough to justify them wearing out so early. Aside of that, I have no complaints about my Titan. I have driven it 800 miles to friends and it is very comfortable to spend time in. I wish it got better mileage, but knew going in it was going to guzzle gas. I was able to get almost $7,500 off the sticker! My truck stickered at $33,300 and I paid $25,600! You can get a great deal on this truck between rebates and haggeling. They don't sell alot, so you can get a great deal. Don't dismiss teh Titan over the others, you will be surprised as to what you will get for a really capable truck that tows well, drives well, and offers plenty of room for a great deal."

Solid long term truck with plenty of power.

By on Sunday, February 17, 2013

"I bought this truck two years ago because I needed a vehicle to tow a trailer and haul lumber for various projects. I mainly bought this truck because it met my requirements for features, and was low cost compared to others. Still, I was apprehensive about the truck's reliability. In the past 2 years I have driven the truck all over the southeast with no mechanical problems at all. The engine runs smooth, transmission shifts smooth, the wheels have remained in alignment and brakes required no maintenance other than a new set of pads. I keep up with all regular maintenance, performing most of it myself- which is relatively easy compared to other imports I've dealt with. Pros: Plenty of v8 power - no problem hauling a load of lumber or towing a boat No mechanical problems in two years Wheels stay in alignment, eliminating unnecessary tire wear Solid feeling drive in all conditions with very responsive handling Sound system is high quality and sounds great Cons Doors rattle some when off road (not sure if its unique to me) Manual windows (?? Is this the 80s?) By all counts, this is a great truck. My only complaints are really cosmetic when compared to the reliability factor."

Owned 2.5 Years

By on Thursday, March 10, 2011

"I purchased this truck 2.5 years ago as an off lease, only hesitated due to high mileage (68K) Since then I have put 25K miles on it and other then a battery blowing up on me, I have had no issue's with this truck. Brakes were squealing a little and had brakes checked and they said after 90K miles pads still had 75% life left on them, I was shocked. I did have to replace right rear axle seals, then found out there was a recall for them like 2 years after truck was new, so had to pay to fix myself. This truck drive smooth, handles well and has a ton of power for those hills, with tow package I can tow 9500 lbs, never really tested it. To be honest after 2.5 years of driving it and talking to other owners and nissan dealers, this truck is built like a tank and have been told I can expect up towards 250K miles before I might have transmission issues and 300K before possible engine problems. I plan on driving it another 100K miles with no worries. BTW between city and highway I pretty consistently get 19-20 MPG. I live in Prescott Valley Arizona which is basically a highway city."

GREAT TRUCK

By on Monday, April 16, 2007

"I love my Titan. It's the greatest truck ever. Like driving a luxury car! With the benefit of it being a truck"

cant beat it

By on Thursday, September 06, 2007

"i have and 4x4 fords and dodges, liked both.. However after buying my 4x4 titian would not go back to ford or dodge . Had for over two years and still love it...."

awesome truck

By on Sunday, August 26, 2007

"Drives nice, great power, 4wd sytem is flawless. Did have some brake problems, dealer replaced. Some creeks and sqeeks, but easily found and fixed. Lots of room, great cabin storage, and pretty good gas milaage for a 4wd truck (14-18 mpg). The new Tundra is nice, but not worth the 4-5 g's more."

butch

By on Friday, July 20, 2007

"excellent power, good strong truck. a little loud inside when accelerting. This truck feels like a truck. Not a truck on a car frame."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Nissan Titan King Cab near Honolulu. See local deals