• 2014 Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide

2010 Nissan Titan King Cab

Based on 100 Ratings for the 2005 - 2014 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

By on Saturday, March 19, 2011

Owned 2.5 Years

By on Thursday, March 10, 2011

"I purchased this truck 2.5 years ago as an off lease, only hesitated due to high mileage (68K) Since then I have put 25K miles on it and other then a battery blowing up on me, I have had no issue's with this truck. Brakes were squealing a little and had brakes checked and they said after 90K miles pads still had 75% life left on them, I was shocked. I did have to replace right rear axle seals, then found out there was a recall for them like 2 years after truck was new, so had to pay to fix myself. This truck drive smooth, handles well and has a ton of power for those hills, with tow package I can tow 9500 lbs, never really tested it. To be honest after 2.5 years of driving it and talking to other owners and nissan dealers, this truck is built like a tank and have been told I can expect up towards 250K miles before I might have transmission issues and 300K before possible engine problems. I plan on driving it another 100K miles with no worries. BTW between city and highway I pretty consistently get 19-20 MPG. I live in Prescott Valley Arizona which is basically a highway city."

By on Tuesday, February 08, 2011

By on Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Junk

By on Monday, November 15, 2010

"Nice vehicle with great power but poor quality. 2 rearends, full front end, cd player, cracked exhaust manifold all have failed."

NICE TRUCK, NEEDS LGR GAS TANK

By on Saturday, September 18, 2010

"THIS IS A BEAUTIFUL TRUCK. I HAVE HAD NO MAJOR PROBLEMS WITH IT. I KEEP IT CLEAN AND FREE FROM ANY CONTAMINATES. ITS GOT ALOT OF POWER. SERVICE FOR THIS TRUCK IS SO FAR SIMPLE. IT HAS PLENTY OF ROOM INSIDE SEATS 6 ADULTS COMPORTABLE. THE BED IS LARGE. THERE HAS BEEN ONLY A FEW DOWNFALLS: THE GAS TANK IS TO SMALL FOR SIZE OF TRUCK. IT GETS APPROX. 11-14 mpg (89 Chevron gas) THERE HAVE BEEN THREE RECALLS, BUT DEALER HAS FIXED PROBLEMS. PAINT CHIPS AROUND THE BUMPERS TURN RATIO IS LIMITED, SO YOU HAVE TO BE CAREFUL WHEN MAKE A U TURN OR PARRL. PARKING OTHER THEN THAT SHES A GREAT TRUCK"

By on Saturday, August 21, 2010

2005 King Cab SE 4x4 Off-road & Big Tow pkg

By on Sunday, August 15, 2010

"I bought my Titan brand new 3/05 for just under $32k tax/tag/title. I've had it for over 5 years now, and it is just about to turn 180,000 miles! I guess I drive alot. Made numerous long trips with it (NY to FL 3 times, plus many others), and I tow my motocross bikes and 4 wheelers on my trailer for 7 months out of the year. I change the oil religiously every 3k miles, and do all the maintenance/repairs myself (except what was warranty). Issues I had while under warranty were: Check engine light for the EVAP Vent solenoid, rear diff failure at 61,000 miles, front diff seal minor leak, brake shudder 3 times (replaced or turned rotors/pads), 1 broken rear spring shackle, rattling in rear doors. All of these issues were fixed by the dealer, even the rear diff (they replaced the entire rear axle under warranty). The rear shackle was my fault - I seriously overloaded the truck and then went off-road with it, which broke the shackle. Still covered by the dealer though. Repairs I have done myself beside normal maintenance items: both front hubs (left @ 112k, right @ 168k), all driveshaft u-joints @ 75k (didn't need rears, but did them anyway), ECM power relay @120k, transmission cooler hose @ 140k, front rotors & pads @ 165k, front calipers @ 177k, EVAP solenoid again @ 155k, new all-aluminum Stillen radiator at 147k (only $400, over $200 less than stock plastic one!) and coolant exchange at same time, and repaired exhaust near muffler where tailpipe meets muffler outlet (I welded in a new section of pipe), and serp belt tensioner (more preventive measure as opposed to a failure), and rad cap. Normal maintenance I have done: spark plugs every 75k (twice now), air filters as needed (twice so far), front diff and T-case fluid exchange @ 150k, trans fluid exchange @ 160k, alignments twice, 4 sets of tires (the OEM BFG's don't last, switched to Toyo AT's and get twice the mileage), rear diff fluid every 30-40k since new rear axle, 1 foglamp bulb and 2 tailgate lamp bulbs, 2 serpentine belts. Repairs that I need to do soon are: right side exhaust manifold gasket leaks slightly, rear rotors soon (warped) and pads, replace rear diff bearings and axle bearings/seals (getting noisy, seals leaking), Serp belt again (starting to squeak slightly on initial start-up), a rear parking aid sensor, and parking brake shoes (barely holds due to oil from leaking seals). I will do all this work myself, and I always try to upgrade components whenever possible with aftermarket high-performance parts. I put waterproof seat covers and floor mats in within the first few weeks of ownership, so the interior is in great shape. The truck drives, runs, shifts, handles, etc. almost as good as it did when new - seriously, if you drove it you'd never believe that it has 180k on it. Worst MPG has been 10 (towing 5k on trailer @75+mph), best was 17 (unloaded, 75+mph), and I average about 14.5 in the summer, 12-13 in the winter w/3-5 min warm-up and 4wd use. Not too bad IMHO, but could be a bit better. I drive it more like it's a 370z than a truck though, so I *could* do better I'm sure. Considering that I don't abuse the truck, yet don't baby it, I think it has been a very good truck. My biggest issues are that the paint chips easily and the interior plastic scrathes easily. The rear-end failures were common early on, but were corrected by '07. Frequent rear diff oil changes would have helped (I never changed the oil in the first diff). The engine and transmission are outclassed only by the new Tundra, and then just barely. Compared to the domestics, it kills 'em. Handlinf and capabilites are great, though now for 2011 it is outclassed by everyone else (on paper at least). I plan to keep mine for a few nore years, maybe longer. BUT, If I was in the market for a new 1/2 ton truck, I'd consider only the Titan and the Tundra, and my descision would be based on 2 factors: 1) price, and 2) test drive of the Tundra. If the test drive was good, then I would buy the Tundra ONLY if the price was within $1k of a comparable Titan - more than that and I'd just get another Titan - the truck is just about as capable in reality, if not on paper. I'm holding out for a 3/4 or 1-ton version of the Titan, or an updated Gen2 Titan (due in 2014 supposedly). I plan to buy a 5th wheel camper, so I will need at least a 3/4 ton by then. I hope that this review helps you - but don't take just my word for it - do ALOT of research first, then test drive the trucks you think you want. Truct me, every truck has had it's share of issues (the Tundra had driveshaft and engine camshaft issues shortly after released in '07). I'm very happy with my Titan - I 100% believe that it was the best choice in 2005 when I made my purchase."

Great Truck!

By on Friday, July 09, 2010

"Great Truck. I'm a woman and drive this truck everday with a Toddler. The truck may be big and don't get the gas mileage like a car, but it's a truck. I've driven everything from a Cavalier to a Mustang GT to an Escape, but I think this truck get's good gas mileage compared to them. It has great power and hold it's ground on the road. We recently went on a long trip in it and the whole family had a great time in it. The only complaints I have about the Truck is it's hard to turn into a parking space, the window/lock door buttons are too close to the window, the middle front seat console is too close to the back seat when it's pushed down towards the front, and the look of the truck could have more style."

By on Sunday, June 13, 2010

can i give it 6 stars?

By on Tuesday, April 20, 2010

"This truck is amazing. I am willing to bet that i have put 75000 of the hardest miles ever driven on this thing and it has never ever failed me. It is indestructable. It is very fast, very powerful and handles great. i treat every stop light like i'm at the dragstrip, jump curbs, all that stupid stuff that shouldn't be done and the truck takes it in stride. The ride is great, i would ratrher take my truck on a 1200 mile road trip and spend a few hundred on gas than take my wifes jetta that sips gas. I could go on for days about how great this truck is. I absolutely love this thing. My last nissan truck had 330,000 miles on it when the odometer stopped working and that was a year before i got it and i drove it for a couple more years. it still runs today. I bet that thing has close to a half a million miles on it. Nissan builds the best vehicle for the best value on the planet."

King LE 2005

By on Sunday, April 11, 2010

"Great truck, regular maintenance in 5 years and no real problems at all. Pulling a boat through the mountains too."

Great family truck

By on Saturday, April 10, 2010

"I was a reluctant truck buyer. We got the Titan for my husband, who wanted it to haul around "stuff"... I drive a shorter distance to work, so I get it on a daily basis - and now I love it. I wish it had better gas mileage, that's really the only down side. I love the ride, the comfort, the room for my boys and all their things, and the fact that I always feel safe driving it."

Very Good Truck but.....

By on Monday, January 11, 2010

"Love the truck for the function,interior space is great and the center console is fantasic. However there are a couple of issues with the truck. In cold weather the doors tend to freeze shut there is a TSB about this, also while I dont expect great mileage in a truck 9-10 mpg in 4wd is a little low. Overall its a great truck."

Overall nice truck!

By on Sunday, January 03, 2010

"This truck is an excellent one. It drives like a monster, the response while accelerating is amazing. No serious problems at all. The only thing not good is GAS mileage. Less than 14 mpg. The interior is very comfortable, all the features are great, 6 cd changer, and big front seats. Nice truck overall. This was my 4th Nissan and I am very pleased with them. The service at the dealership is amazing. Should buy it if not care about gas."

By on Saturday, January 02, 2010

Dependable Truck

By on Thursday, October 29, 2009

"I bought it new in May 05 , it now has 33,000 miles on it. I've had it in for service 2x's 1st service was great fixed the brake issue and thus far I've not had brake problems. My issue from day one is the tires wear irregularly, I've had it aligned 3x's 2x's at a professional tire shop last time at dealer and I don't think its right yet. Tires wear on inside and outside treads, inflation is right, alignment is supposed to be to specs. The front and rear tires wear the same . The truck performs well otherwise good gas mileage and ride. Truck is more like a 3/4 ton but rated as a 1/2 ton. It has Bridgestone tires and is a 4x2 XE extended cab. Am I the only one with tire wear issues or is this normal for the Titan? This is the 1st pickup that I can not get the alignment right and none of the Pro's have yet ! Otherwise a great truck. My 1st service was great my last service April 2009 was poor."

Love this truck

By on Friday, October 23, 2009

"Great truck for our family of 5, we all love it!"

most enjoyed vehicle

By on Saturday, August 15, 2009

"Fast and plenty of power. Everyone still looks at this truck when they see it, even though it is 4 years old now... wow time goes quick when .... well you know what I mean."

DO NOT BUY

By on Friday, August 14, 2009

"The worst truck ever, I have replaced both diffs, front and rear, the computer has gone out, The interior is falling apart, the engine and tranny are great. everything else is falling apart! Should of went with the Tundra!"

Trouble

By on Monday, July 27, 2009

"I have had numerous mechanical issues with the truck. Front end problems and rear suspension problems. When running well the truck drives great."

By on Saturday, July 04, 2009

By on Friday, May 01, 2009

By on Wednesday, April 22, 2009

05 Titan

By on Wednesday, April 15, 2009

"Over all this a very powerfull, fast very comfortable ride, however the 05 has poor front brakes. Due to the under size brake routers that tend to over heat & warp very easy causing the to vibrate. Nissan ha replaced the routers once with larger routers but that did not help much. Also replaced pads 3 times. Nisan wont replace routers once it's out of warrenty."

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Nissan Titan King Cab near Honolulu. See local deals