2009 Nissan Titan King Cab

Based on 499 Ratings for the 2006 - 2009 models.

Honestly A Great Truck!

By on Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Pros: "Driver position adjustability, overall handling"

Cons: "MPG, Splash Guards"

"The Pro-4X Titan rides and handles better than most trucks I've had experience with. Since I have back-trouble, even test driving tells me how uncomfortable I'll be on longer drives. The Pro-4x not only handled/rode better than the two other Titan versions, but surpassed the Tundra and Ram as well. I have short legs, and my Titan's power adjustable pedals (awesome!) plus 8-way power seat make my driving reach a breeze. The lockable rear differential makes getting out of parking in deep snow so easy. Heated mirrors = no snow build-up. It's the only car or truck I honestly have ever felt total comfort in, even on really long trips. In four years the only problem I've had is that the splash guards aren't wide enough to protect the rear bumper from stone/sand chips. MPG is typical for a full-size truck and there's most definitely pain-at-the-pump, but the trade-off is great handling, comfort, and hauling convenience. Road feel is great, u-turn radius is short/tight. Backing sensors are accurate. Power rear window is larger than most and really convenient. I'm completely happy with it and it doesn't hurt that it looks great!"

AWESOME PICK UP!

By on Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, smooth, powerful"

Cons: "Seat material"

My black Titan "Ghost Rider"

"I have a 2007 black Nissan Titan SE. I LOVE it. I pull my two horse slant trailer with it and I have had no problems. Its smooth, powerful, and very good looking. This truck is my baby, and I would never buy a half ton pick up other than a Nissan Titan."

My black Titan "Ghost Rider"

good but yet some issues

By on Saturday, July 21, 2012

Pros: "awesome acceleration and handling. 4x4 is awesome"

Cons: "cheap interior. aweful gas milage"

"we bought this truck in september of 2011 and it barely had 100,000 miles on it. does okay on gas, but the tundra seems to do better. we had it for two months and it left us stuck on the side of the road. computer went out. nissan said it was a recall and they'd fix it at no cost and pay for the towing. and the interior is so cheap. nice, but cheap. great truck other than that. great acceleration and awesome handling. better than ford, dodge, or gm trucks by far."

Pro-4Garbage!!!!!!

By on Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Reason: unreliable

Pros: "Good looking prior to it rusting, strong engine, factory spray in bed liner"

Cons: "The truck constantly falling apart."

"I bought my 2008 Pro4X brand new. The heater went out within the first 3 weeks in the middle of January. This was followed by several recalls, a blow shock, faulty brake bolts, a caliper fell off once and destroyed the front rim (had to be towed to dealership), rear main seal went (sat in my driveway for 6 weeks as the part was on backorder), passenger side rear door latch would lock up and would finally open after the 3rd pull, a front end rattle that no one could figure out what it was, hood rattled. I could not believe how much trouble this truck gave me, it was the last thing I ever expected from Nissan. The top of both doors where the window/lock buttons are faded to grey, the hood cowl did the same thing. To top it off, the front and rear bumpers were rusting, bad too, the paint flaked right off around both tow hook, that looked real nice. The dealership told me I was beat on this one as the bumpers were not covered under the corrosion warranty. This was beyond unacceptable and the final straw for me with the truck. Good bye Titan and hello Tundra!!!!!"

Best Truck Ever

By on Thursday, July 9, 2009

"This is the third Titan I have purchased. I bought an '04 and loved it. My wife liked it so much she purchased an '07. Now I bought the '08 for a company truck. I've never had a problem with any of them."

Nice comfortable truck with lots of power

By on Monday, February 20, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable car-like interior, stylish, Powerful"

Cons: "Engine"

"INTERIOR: The interior of this truck is like sitting in a loaded Maxima, but with a commanding view over surrounding traffic. The controls are well laid out and the trim is stylish. The leg room in both the front an rear seats is plentiful, especially the rear seat leg room which was a big selling point when I first looked at this truck. A negative is that the window switches are poorly placed and catch water during those dreaded times you need to open the window during a rain storm. EXTERIOR: The exterior of this truck is stylish and still turns heads some four years after it's original purchase. The exterior storage compartment is a 'neat' novelty, but it is not truly water or dirt proof. It's a place to throw some bungee cords, but I wouldn't put anything of value, or anything even a little bit sensitive to water or dirt. The tailgate has always been a source of irritation since the truck was new. I realize that no matter how fancy this truck is, it is still a truck. However, the tailgate has always rattled to the point where I can hear it in the cab with the windows up, I had it looked at and adjusted during some routine service visits to the dealer, but I was ultimately told that the rattle is just the nature of the beast. In regards to noise, I happen to like the throaty sound of a 5.6 liter V8, but I could see that the engine noise could be a distraction to those who don't share my appreciation for a sound of a beefy V8. The wind noise is minimal given he large profile of the truck, but the tire hum is pretty notable, at least on the Pro-4x with the more aggressive tire treads. DRIVING DYNAMICS: This truck has power to spare and has acceleration that puts it in contention with V8 sport sedans. I don't tow anything with this truck, but the torque would seem plentiful to pull a moderate sized boat, camper, or maybe even a horse trailer. The truck handles great and has a tight turning radius given its size and length. RELIABILITY: I've had this truck in for a couple of factory recalls. Other than that I've never had the truck in for anything more than routine service. For what it is worth, the truck went through the original set of tires in less than 24,000 miles and I am a very conservative driver who does about 50/50 highway/city driving. I've gotten about 35,000 miles out of the replacement tires (different brand) and foresee getting another 10/15,000 out of them. QUALITY: Overall the fit and finish of this truck is nice. This was the first Nissan product I've ever owned and had been a "Ford guy" prior to purchasing this Titan. I am on the fence as to whether or not I will buy another Nissan to replace this truck. I have no reason to not, but...."

great truck

By on Friday, August 21, 2009

"I've had my '06 Titan for 4 years now. I use it for everything from hauling the family around, moving, towing a trailer full of ATVs, towing an 8000 lb camp trailer, to getting up to mountain lakes for some fishing. I LOVE this truck. It's built solid, was engineered for the low end torque you really want when towing or hauling a load, and tows smooth. The interior space is great. My inlaws have the new '09 Tundra and were surprised at the room in the back seat. I was an F150 fan, but it is weak compared to the Titan. The utility bed is great with many additions that the big 3 wouldn't want to invest the money in (spray-in liner, rail tie-downs, 12v outlet, storage box, etc) As much as I love this truck, there are a couple of drawbacks. The seat fabric (this is the upgraded fabric available with the 'popular' package) doesn't hold out too well, and absorbs dirt and grime. The suspension is a little soft. It does have a smooth ride, but the springs do sink a bit with a good load. However, it doesn't hesitate to haul that load. Also, with the power this drivetrain puts out, they could easily make this a lit beefier truck just by beefing up the suspension and adding a bit larger rear end. The engine / trans would easily haul a 15000 lb load. Finally, the bed load capacity is quite low for the class. Again, they were probably going for the smooth ride, but they could have done better in this one area. I use a trailer to haul my heavier loads. Finally, I only rated it a 4 in styling. I do love the look of the truck, but the F150 does have a nicer 'feeling' interior design. If there was a 4.5 rating available I would have selected that, but I cannot give it the highest rating for style."

Best truck on the road

By on Saturday, March 21, 2009

"I've got an 04 LE. It's simply the best truck I have ever owned. It has 65k on it and I have had no problems except the brakes and Nissan fixed those at no cost. It runs and drives just like the day I drove it off the lot."

Best Truck I have ever owned

By on Wednesday, May 21, 2008

"This is by far the best ruck I have ever owned. I used to think you needed a big Chevy 1 ton or a 3/4 ton Dodge Ram to tow a Bobcat. This Titan does a much better job and drives like a dream. I'll never buy another model truck. This is the best."

BETTER THAN BIG THREE

By on Tuesday, December 25, 2007

"MY 1ST IMPORT, ALWAYS HAD FORDS. VERY HAPPY WITH THE TRUCK AND NISSAN SO FAR. LOTS OF POWER AND COMFORT. WOULD PURCHASE SAME TRUCK AGAIN."

Excellent Truck

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2007

"I wanted a nice comfortable vehicle. I needed the utility of a truck. This vehicle is excellent and I believe if you drive it, you will buy it. Already four of my friends have followed my lead. I will have mine for 10 years before I think I will ever consider looking at another TITAN."

I love this truck! Power, handling, comfort

By on Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Pros: "It is a blast to drive and comfortable all the way"

Cons: "Wish it was long bed to haul gooseneck no ashtray"

"I bought this truck brand new and have yet to find anything I don't like about it! It has the room and comfort of a luxury sedan, with the power and traction of the best off road vehicles. And yes I have driven it way off road. I never hesitate to pass a slow moving vehicle, I know my Titan will get up and go with no guesswork, and get me around faster than any other vehicle I've ever owned. It is a peach."

Great Truck

By on Monday, September 3, 2012

Pros: "Powerful, Reliable, Versatile, & Comfortable"

Cons: "Gas Mileage"

Titan in Montana with our trailer.

"I bought an 07 4x4 LE Crew Cab new. This truck has done EVERYTHING I've ever asked it to do. I drive back and forth from So. Cal. to our place in Montana, that's 1300 miles one way and the crew cab is so roomy and comfortable, it's no problem. Once we get to Montana, I put this truck to work, hauling wood, repairing fences, towing equipment, it gets no break. In the winter I put the chains on, switch it to 4 wheel drive and it takes icy roads no problem. In the 5 years that I've owned it (110,000 miles) all I've had to do (besides routine maintenance) is change a battery. I test drove a Dodge, Chevy, and Toyota, this truck was the best of the lot. Finally, I didn't buy this truck so I could get good gas mileage, and if you're looking for good gas mileage, I'd suggest a "Smart Car". Buy this truck for everything else you have to do."

Titan in Montana with our trailer.

Just a very well oiled machine

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pros: "much more for your money"

Cons: "navigation need serious upgrades"

"I bought this pre owned at under 8,000 miles on it and have used it for everything. This is actually the best truck i ever had. i even owned chevy and fords and nothing compares to this titan because of the quality i get with this as a fully loaded truck."

Great, but repair costs are terrible...

By on Wednesday, November 16, 2011

"Overall, I was very satisfied with my Nissan until repairs starting adding up quickly. My Titan was a 2006 with 42k miles which is below average as it was driven only several times per week. Prior to winter the heater stopped working and was looked at by several dealers. In the end, the cost to fix the heater problem was approximately $3000. This is an unbelievable cost for repair this time in comparison to other manufacturers. I was not expecting such a costly repair for a vehicle with under 50k miles. In addition, a power steering hose and axle joint seal failed as well totaling over $1000 in repairs. Based on this experience, I will never buy a Nissan vehicle again or recommend them to others."

safest truck I've ever owned

By on Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Pros: "Every thing you could want and complete safety."

Cons: "needs a little better gas millage."

"Had a 2004 Titan LE, got hit in the side by a drunk, flipped over on the driver side, outside of truck totaled, inside looked like new. Whole family waked away unhurt, went out and bought a 2006 Titan the nest week. Has all the comfort of a car and the usefulness of a truck. I'm just looking to trade up to a new one."

Saved my life

By on Saturday, September 18, 2010

"This is my second Ttian. My first was 2006. standing still I was hit so hard from behind the vehicle was a total loss. I had no injuries. I drove it home from the scene, The rear frame was cracked from the impact. The baby benz had the engine in the front seat. This truck saved my life. I bought the 2007 10 day later and have never had a repair bill other than maintenance. I use a hydrogen conversion kit for intake boost and I have increased the mileage by 30% Go Titan."

By on Wednesday, April 7, 2010

"Pros: Gutsy engine, pulls a trailer better than some 3/4 ton trucks, feels solid inside and out, roomy interior, comfortable, great value. Cons: Spray-in bedliner scratches and wears faster than my other trucks with plastic liners, the rear of the cab is kind of spartan, engine and exhaust get a little rough sounding at higher revs, Nissan is lazy with fit and finish...But I could easily forget about all of that! The Titian is awesome and extremely underrated. It's one of the older truck on the market, yet it feels new, looks great and does things better than so many other trucks. Have I ever needed to take it to the dealer for repairs? Nope, it's been very reliable. I've driven and owned many trucks, but my 08 Titan has so far been the best. If Nissan doesn't decide to build a redesigned Titan, I don't think I'll be trading this one in anytime soon. MY20O8Titan"

2005 4X4 LE 4 door loaded

By on Thursday, October 15, 2009

"Purchsed vehicle as a Nissan Program Car in 07 with about 25K miles on it. Finish was great and still is, except for drivers side rear door that seems to close louder/rattles, and the drivers seat seems loose. The back up sensor/alarm went out and the Certified Nissan 100K warranty did not cover, seems odd for a "safety device". The drivers chrome door handle cover came off, poor plastic mold retainer clips broke. The spray on bed liner is begining to bubble in a few spots. Power is about too much. My friend has a company provided '08 Chevy 4X4 Club Cab (Freebie) and his wife drove mine to the store. When she got back she couldn't stop talking about the Nissan Power, she burnt up a 1/4 tank hot rodding. Gas milage on these has been low I think. I drove from Dumas Tx to Pueblo Co across northern NM and was at 20mpg. I set the cruise on 65 and nothing else. You can get terrible gas milage if you lead foot it, but I get very good milage. 15-17 city/rural and highway is routinely 18+. Have done the Al to Co trip 4 times and its always the same, winter is 19+. I have owened a '93 4x4 GMC Extended Cab and I still think that was the best vehicle I have ever owned. A friend has went through a Chevy, Dodge, and now has a Toyota and is still not happy. Especially when I park next to him. The Titan looks the best hands down. The DOWN FALL!! Resale/value. Nissan Titan suffers from being a new line. Not sure how long it takes to get your rep up. Advice? Buy a newused certified Nissan get the warranty, roll out, and dont look back. Horror stories that are in here, must be flukes. I would push anyone to purchase a Nissan. My complaints are nitpicking. Small hicups in a great vehicle."

Great ride and Appearance

By on Friday, August 28, 2009

"I bought this truck as a alternate to the F-150 King Ranch and have found it to be a great buy. the leather styling is great the its Rockford Fosgate Audio system. and the ride is strong while providing good fuel economy for its size. It has great curb appeal as you drive by with its chrome accents. I cant get enough of the short bed that can haul good loads and still give you other configurations. In the snow this beast is a animal, I tried to get stuck in this beast and couldn't. it does get bouncy on rough roads but the seating is very comfortable in the front and in the back. The rear sensors are great for parking in Chicago side streets and the side mirrors are a great help for watching traffic beside you. Overall the truck is great to drive and very versatile."

Not that great

By on Monday, July 27, 2009

"I bought this '06 new after driving all the other trucks. For the money, it is a good value. But with 57K miles, the AC has crapped out, both exhaust manifolds cracked and had to be replaced, the shocks leak, the bakes lasted 30K miles and it needs a second set of tires. I bought the truck to be used as a truck not as a family car. It has a lot more quality issues than my '00 GMC Sierra. On the plus side, it has plenty of power. I hauled an 18' trailer with a JD 790 tractor, brush hog and box blade from OK. to WV and didn't even notice the load."

glorious:)

By on Wednesday, April 15, 2009

"First truck I have owned and don't regret choosing the Titan for a second. Can haul a house, and she really gets up and goes when you want her to. Not awesome gas milage as expected but not horrible. I average from 17-21 per gallon. Tons of room on the inside and the bed is plenty large."

Want a new one

By on Thursday, January 1, 2009

"I bought one of the first Titans in NM. A 2004, 4X4 off road package SE Crew cab. After months of research and driving everything in the truck market, i took a shot on the unknown Titan. What a lucky pick. 4 years and 99,250 miles of desert dirt and mtn snow, hwy and off road, it still runs great. Never stranded, always started, never stuck. Replaced the radiator and a window motor. Best car i've ever owned. I don't know what my milage is and don't care, they all get about the same. These trucks have way more features for the dollar than anything out there. I'm currently looking for a new one. P.S. its great in the snow with the VDC, and i wish it had a better drivers seat."

AZ TI10

By on Tuesday, December 30, 2008

"Best truck I have owned. Best room, towing/hauling cap. and a great value for the buck. It could get a little better gas mileage but if you drive it reasonably you do alright. I'm negotiating for a new 09 I like it so much."

Excellent Truck

By on Monday, December 22, 2008

"This is an excellent truck. It has the most interior room in any truck that I have ever owned. The bed is a little small but useful. The V8 and exhaaust have a nice growl and the mileage is not bad. The flex fuel was useful when gas was at $3.99 E85 was at $2.99 and the gas mileage was only 15% less on the E85."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Nissan Titan King Cab near Honolulu. See local deals