2006 Nissan Titan King Cab

Based on 203 Ratings for the 2004 - 2015 models.

280K miles and going strong

By on Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Pros: "reliability...quietness...power"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"I got the most basic truck on the lot but it still came with carpeted floors and a bedliner along with cruise. I had just run a chevy for 250K miles and thought I had done okay despite putting a new transmission, water pump, and 3 fuel pumps into that chevy....but this Titan is incredible! Like I said 280K miles to date and I haven't replaced anything but the battery (twice) and spark plugs once. Nissan paid for new brakes and rotors at about 30K miles...I've had the ones they installed since then and they still have life left on the pads. The engine is powerful, quiet, and leak-free. I've pulled some insanely heavy trailers and the power up grades is amazing. I've read a few bad reviews...mostly stuff like power window problems and radiators. Obviously I can't say anything about power windows (don't have them) but my radiator has never been a problem...I changed the anti-freeze for the first time a couple months ago. Just a fine vehicle....never a problem...never stranded...all I could ask for...and the price was cheaper than a chevy with a six cylinder, rubber floor mats, and no cruise or bedliner."

best city truck ever

By on Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Pros: "interior is amazing and spacious"

Cons: "gas mileage is poor or below average"

"For comfort and convenience this truck is amazing. Does good with small loads handling a trailer with lawn equipment. Great response, acceleration, handles well. No probems or defects in 12 months. Only downside is that it does not appear to be very good with gas mileage."

Appearances can be deceiving

By on Monday, January 18, 2010

"04 Titan -truck looks good and is fast but trouble. Ran ok -AM radio didn't work correctly from day 1- dealer said some trucks were just like that- argued with dealer finally replaced. About 40K more problems started. Seat belts weren't functioning properly and brakes weren't working right, one problem after another. Motor on drivers window burnt out the first time at 32K and then second time. Dealer was difficult again- said used the window to much! Truck is fast, corners well, good suspension- but gets terrible gas milage. Nissan service is terrible. Still own truck with 100K on it. Replaced all wheel bearings, hub assembly, twice now, power steering pump, and much more. Basicaly have rebuilt the truck. Very expensive! Engine doesn't tow well as of about 90K, can hear the strain towing snowmoblies. Truck is comfy, love the styling on interior, and it drives well, faster than most cars! However, appearance and some performance don't make up for mechanical difficulties and poor service. Won't buy another one!"

junk

By on Thursday, July 23, 2009

"bought this truck new with off road package.Mud flaps fell off front and back flaps bent side panels (truck only 3 months old and dealer would not honor there 3 year 36000 mile warranty). Next was heat isues with rear end(2 dealers said nothing wong, luckey I got it in writing) locked up at 36000 miles dealer said it was because of lack of maint. 58000 miles the truck burns 1 1/2 quart of oil every 1000 miles (dealer would not fix claimed I didnt maintain to there specs. I used AMSOIL and changed oil to there service charts. IN short I loved the truck untill I had to deal with Nissan service departments."

Fact about the matter, I may keeep it. This truck

By on Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Pros: "acceleration, towing power, handling, stereo, inte"

Cons: "brakes, mpg"

"Truck has been extremely reliable and has many miles left. It is probably 90% highway miles and still drives great, in fact, due to how high pickup's are, my test drives have pointed my back to my truck many times due to how well it drives versus how the vehicle I am trying out. Main reason I am trying to trade is after owning for nearly 6 years, I am tired of driving it and ready for a change. With very few repairs, brakes being one, new tires another, and some other minor things. It would be up to par again"

Titan winner

By on Sunday, January 22, 2012

Pros: "Fantastic comfort, power, reliability"

Cons: "Resale"

"I love this truch"

Glad I bought it.

By on Thursday, November 3, 2011

Pros: "Good power and well designed. Excellent accessorie"

Cons: "None yet"

"I was a little nervous about buying my Titan because was my first new vehicle and it was the first year they came out ('04). There were issues with the brakes and a few other minor recalls but all and all I have been very happy with the purchase. I have had as much as 3/4 of a yard of 57 stone in the bed and pulled a 5 ton trailer fully loaded and not had a problem. The interior is comfortable and well laid out."

GREAT truck value

By on Sunday, October 16, 2011

Pros: "great styling , handles well, lots of power"

Cons: "average mpg"

"At the time I bought my Titan I was in the market for a preowned truck. I paid less for a new Titan than for anything used.I love everything about it and has never let me down"

Great Truck!

By on Friday, July 9, 2010

"Great Truck. I'm a woman and drive this truck everday with a Toddler. The truck may be big and don't get the gas mileage like a car, but it's a truck. I've driven everything from a Cavalier to a Mustang GT to an Escape, but I think this truck get's good gas mileage compared to them. It has great power and hold it's ground on the road. We recently went on a long trip in it and the whole family had a great time in it. The only complaints I have about the Truck is it's hard to turn into a parking space, the window/lock door buttons are too close to the window, the middle front seat console is too close to the back seat when it's pushed down towards the front, and the look of the truck could have more style."

King LE 2005

By on Sunday, April 11, 2010

"Great truck, regular maintenance in 5 years and no real problems at all. Pulling a boat through the mountains too."

Overall nice truck!

By on Sunday, January 3, 2010

"This truck is an excellent one. It drives like a monster, the response while accelerating is amazing. No serious problems at all. The only thing not good is GAS mileage. Less than 14 mpg. The interior is very comfortable, all the features are great, 6 cd changer, and big front seats. Nice truck overall. This was my 4th Nissan and I am very pleased with them. The service at the dealership is amazing. Should buy it if not care about gas."

04 Nissan Titan

By on Saturday, November 28, 2009

"This truck has lots of power, a good ride and is sharp. I tow a camper with mine and it performs wonderful. There were three big let downs with my Titan though, 1) Terrible gas milage. 2) Rear end failure. 3) Poor braking performance. Nissan was kind enough to take care of both mechanical problems after my warrenty expired."

By on Monday, July 27, 2009

"Great vehicle. Second ower and haven't had any complains. Love the vehicle."

Trouble

By on Monday, July 27, 2009

"I have had numerous mechanical issues with the truck. Front end problems and rear suspension problems. When running well the truck drives great."

big truck

By on Friday, January 30, 2009

"bought this truck in '04 as retirement vehicle. in 5 yrs. only driven 10,000 miles. no real problems except all the recalls which seems to be constant since '04. I love the truck even though it sits in the garage a lot. hope I don't experience what others have as it gets more miles, if ever. hard on gas mileage and disappointed with value reduction in '08 but a beautiful truck, lots of power and style. catch's a lot of eyes when I have it out. my wife loves the Walmart bag hooks on the back seat."

starting to wonder?

By on Saturday, January 10, 2009

"I've had the regular recalls, brakes, seatbelt, ect. Plus, check engine light, 4 low light, new battery at 25k, exhaust fell off at 35k, and yesterday warmed the truck up, went out to get in and there is a puddle of trans fluid underneath were trans fluid had run into radiator, filled up resevoir and run out. I have to think the trans will be close to shot. It's at the dealership now. truck is just over 50k now, I hope its covered under the powertrain warranty, but doubt it. I think Im done with nissan Titans."

very impressive

By on Saturday, December 13, 2008

"love this truck. lots of room, excellent power. I pull a travel trailer (33 feet) with no problems. I have gotten 17 mpg on highway and 15-16 combined driving. Have only had to replace the battery so far. Am not impressed with paint. Seems like if you even brush against it, you will scratch the paint."

Good Truck

By on Wednesday, November 12, 2008

"This truck picks up quick. I've had for just about 3 years, and can't complain. I like the captain chairs, and the height of the truck."

Best truck I ever owned!

By on Saturday, January 12, 2008

"I was a Ford guy who swore I'd never own a "Japanese" truck. That all changed however once I found out that this "Japanese" truck was actually designed and built here in America, while my father's 2007 Chevy was built in Canada! Since all my previous conclusions where wrong I decided to give the Titan a shot since I was able to get a good deal on one anyway. Man ol' man am I glad I did! This things an absolute beast! By far the most powerful truck I've ever owned or driven. I'm not good at listing every little detail about why I love this truck, but take my word for it, they ar excellent trucks. The interior is roomy and comfortable, the truck looks great and drives even better. Almost 400 ft lbs. of torque for Pete's sake! The only complaints I could come up with are the cheap plastics used in the interior, they really take away from an otherwise sharp designed truck. Gas mileage is also an issue. I've been averaging about 14 mpg's driving to work and back on highway roads."

could be more comfortable

By on Friday, January 11, 2008

"Reliable truck. Gas milage is horrible. Racket pinion steering needs improvement. Handles poorly on bumpy roads. Power is outstanding. On the fly 4 wheel drive is great."

Rear axle

By on Tuesday, December 18, 2007

"Only major problem was the rear axle is to small for the truck. Had to replace axle at 26000 miles and still having problems with the new axle, i. e.; leaking axle seal, vibration."

Awsome Vehicle to drive

By on Sunday, November 18, 2007

"This truck runs really good. Ill never trade my Nissan Titan for no other vehicle unless its another Nissan Titan."

best truck I've ever owned

By on Sunday, October 21, 2007

"I bought my nissan titan new in 2004. I have been very pleased with this truck. It is hands down the best truck I have ever owned and would recommend this truck to anyone."

One problem after another

By on Tuesday, October 16, 2007

"89,000 mi, 3 radiators, 3 CD players, 3 axel seals, exhaust system, replaced both exhaust manifolds ($2000), trade-in value $11,200(paid 30,000 Jan 04)Check engine codes 3 times."

Great Truck

By on Saturday, October 13, 2007

"Purchased my truck in 4/05 and I put 55K miles on it. Love it for the comfort, performance and how you are perched on the seat. Have experienced Seat belt lock up on passenger and rear belts that can't seem to be fixed. Otherwise no problems. great gas mileage for truck 16 town/18 highway. Disappointed with resale value, but loved the purchase prices of 28K. Exellent acceleration."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Nissan Titan King Cab near Honolulu. See local deals